PDA

View Full Version : antonio mcdyess

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Every time I watch these games of the 2005 NBA final I remember this guy. He is indeed a good fit for the spurs if at all possible. I remember he made our life miserable, he played well for them and was a good back up. Whenever he was on the floor I never thought they had the second unit playing, it was like nothing changed. He has the gear to be a good defender and for evrything I've seen he carries himself around people in a correct manner. I wouldn;t be surprised if that ever happens.

And most important, he is freaking hungry for a ring.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Sold.

Dro210
06-10-2007, 06:22 PM
He was a beast before he got injured. Dude had like a 45" vert

Darkwaters
06-10-2007, 06:34 PM
We actually had a thread about this last week. Everybody agrees that McDyess would look great in silver and black. And he has a player option this year, so he could easily opt out.

baseline bum
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Dice would prob start on the Spurs. I'd kill to have him next year.

Darkwaters
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Dice would prob start on the Spurs. I'd kill to have him next year.

Not sure about that. The guy has some injury issues and can only play about 25 mins a game. He might, however, be in more of a situation like Manu. He doesn't start games, but hes more of a super sub. He can come in and operate the offense with Manu while Tony and Tim sit and then the 4 of them (along with Bowen or....Nocioni) can finish the game together.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Not sure about that. The guy has some injury issues and can only play about 25 mins a game. He might, however, be in more of a situation like Manu. He doesn't start games, but hes more of a super sub. He can come in and operate the offense with Manu while Tony and Tim sit and then the 4 of them (along with Bowen or....Nocioni) can finish the game together.

:wtf He has played 77, 82, and 82 games the last three years. And who here wouldn't take 8 points, 6 boards, and a block per game in 25 minutes a night? He can and has played more minutes in games than that, he just has an idiot for a coach currently and used to be playing behind Ben Wallace until he went to the Bulls.

picnroll
06-10-2007, 07:33 PM
McDyess averaged 21 MPG as opposed to Oberto's 17.3, Elson's 19.0 and Horry's 16.6. The guy has a solid mid-range shot, a tool that's a great compliment to Duncan's game. Unfortunately he's getting $6.4 million next year which he's unlikely to walk away from, at least not without a solid offer.

Mark in Austin
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I seem to recall but Mcdyess and Flip Murray both said they wanted to come back to Detroit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dumars blow the whole damn thing up though while pieces still have value.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 07:35 PM
...coupled with the fact that it seems the Pistons are imploding and McDyess would make for a great free agent target this summer.

dg7md
06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
McDyess would make me feel comfortable in our chances to possibly repeat.

Fuster
06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Being a Pistons fan myself, I have to estimate at this point that McDeyess will be re-signed as a Piston. But anything is possible in pro sports. More likely Dumars will do a sign and trade deal, but more likely than not that will involve someone else on the team (Billips?). I don't think the Spurs can give up anyone Dumars will be interested in getting.

I can't understand Spurs fans wanting to change what is working already. I guess as a fan I know that you are never satisfied with the status quo, but from my perch here in the Seattle area, it seems if the Spurs can keep what they got, they will be fine next season. As in, uh, hard to beat!

Mr. Body
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
There was a great quote from the other thread about how he feels this was his last chance at a championship. He was pretty emotional about the loss.

He has a player option for one more year at about $6.3M, which is really tough to walk away from, and Detroit could look like they're putting it together. We were thinking he might like the Spurs for 2-3 years at about $3M/per or so, since money really isn't an issue for him (I'm thinking). But as someone pointed out, the Spurs aren't allowed to negotiate with him until he opts out of his contract, which makes it a blind opting-out process - almost impossible, but I'm sure Phoenix and Houston and others would fight for his services. The Spurs, I'd hope, would consider the full MLE for him. He'd be dynamite.

And if he decides opt out, nothing Detroit can do, by the way.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2007, 08:03 PM
McDyess averaged 21 MPG as opposed to Oberto's 17.3, Elson's 19.0 and Horry's 16.6. The guy has a solid mid-range shot, a tool that's a great compliment to Duncan's game. Unfortunately he's getting $6.4 million next year which he's unlikely to walk away from, at least not without a solid offer.

Like a real chance to a championship? I mean, probalby half of spurs roster is underpaid but they just were ok with being around a team that can win.

Fuster
06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
He is a very superstitious person. Not likely to take risks. He also wants to come off the bench, not be a starter.

One big reason I think he stays a Piston is from management's perspective. They need to make too many changes at other positions to lose him. And like someone else already pointed out, McDyess does not want to leave Detroit and has been quoted as stating that this week. (yeah, yeah, I know: people can change their minds, blah, blah, blah.....).