PDA

View Full Version : Mavs the only team that can beat the Spurs

Amarelooms
06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Sad but true :elephant

u2sarajevo
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
not so sure about the team I'm seeing tonight.

No doubt it would be a much more interesting game if it were us playing them.... but man they look error-free.

Amarelooms
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes the series could go either way...but at least the Mavs would make the games fun. Stern should just substitue the Mavs in for the Cavs.

u2sarajevo
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
you are one of the oddest humans......

Amarelooms
06-10-2007, 09:38 PM
you are one of the oddest humans......

Says someone with a quote "wanna kill all humans"...fuck off douche bag :elephant

ChumpDumper
06-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I can watch "Futurama" rerun instead of the second half.

CharlieMac
06-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Too bad they didn't.

Brutalis
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I can watch "Futurama" rerun instead of the second half.
Ding. You are now free to move about the thread.

spursfan09
06-10-2007, 10:52 PM
:lol whatever helps you keep your sanity while watching the Spurs win another championship.

sribb43
06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
not saying we would be the spurs, but we are definetly capable. It would have been one hell of a series

dav4463
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...every day would be Christmas! Mavs are irrelevant.

The_Worlds_finest
06-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I dont give a shit about last years match up problems were talking 07 now, and in 07 your team got thier asses handed to them by the 8th seed, just icing on the cake for your finals choke and reg season "domination". Spurs would have beat the mavs this year.

YOU FORGET SO EASILY NAZR AND TRASHO ARE NOT THE SPURS CENTERS!

AmareloomsLOOMS
06-10-2007, 11:37 PM
n/m :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

baseline bum
You lost to a fucking 8-seed. No way in hell does your team belong in the Finals.

AmareloomsLOOMS
Didn't you mean that the SUNS are the only team that can beat the Spurs? :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

You are supposed to use more elephants too.....

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

I know what you need!!!! A little Elvis..... a ONE and a TWO and a THREE....

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For Amare, I love you,
And I always will.

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Biter.

Amarelooms
06-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Biter.

No one is bitter. The Spurs deserve it. Just saying a Mavs/Spurs matchup would have been classic....no real good series in the playoffs this year. Mavs vs Spurs would have gone 7 with the Spurs likely winning IMHO. Maybe next year the Mavs can avoid playing like shit and get there :elephant

DDS4
06-11-2007, 01:12 AM
I think most Spur fans in here wanted a rematch anyways.

Sucks it didn't turn out that way. See ya in '08.

Johnny RIngo
06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
The only team that can beat the Spurs were the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Mavs are a garbage team that got lucky. Without their 50 FTA they can't compete for shit. Their first round choke this year only solidifies the fact that they're a fluke.

Amarelooms
06-11-2007, 06:23 AM
The only team that can beat the Spurs were the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Mavs are a garbage team that got lucky. Without their 50 FTA they can't compete for shit. Their first round choke this year only solidifies the fact that they're a fluke.

HAHAHAA :elephant

ca®lo
06-11-2007, 07:20 AM
people are still talking about this?

ATRAIN
06-11-2007, 07:34 AM
hahah yeah no joke........there is no way anyone could really know

MadDog73
06-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe next year we'll find out.

Until then: Spurs > Suns > Mavs

EDIT: Don't know where the Cavs fit in there... Last?

td4mvp21
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
They were probably the only team in the playoffs that could have. Too bad they had to choke in the first round.

SpursDynasty
06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Wow, your team got eliminated in the first round, and here are Mavs fans STILL wishing and hoping they were still in to beat the Spurs, because the Spurs are in the Finals.

Last year's series victory wasn't supposed to happen, and it's done, Dallas had their chance in the Finals last year, lost (as expected), won 67 games, and lost in the first round this year (once again as expected).

The Kobe/Shaq Lakers team of 1999-2000 through 2001-2002 was the last team to dominate the Spurs. It's been the Spurs' league ever since.

chorizo overdose
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
after that choking program that 8th seed called golden state put them under tell me again how they could beat these spurs we are seeing now? it doesn't register as "making any sense" in my humanputer.

MrChug
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
not saying we would be the spurs, but we are definetly capable. It would have been one hell of a series

You couldn't beat this years' Spurs. And depending on what happens in the offseason. Probably not next year either.

GO 4-0 in the regular season next year. We BOTH know how big the difference is in the playoffs. :flag:

hater
06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
an 8th seed, one of the many teams that can beat the mavs

LavaLamp
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
The only team that can beat the Spurs were the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Other than Shaq's and Kobe's play, and Jackson's coaching, what is it about the former Lakers that make them competitive against the Spurs?

Sec24Row7
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Perhaps...

Sadly... Teams that can beat the Mavs:

Phoenix

San Antonio

Miami

Golden State

Utah

Florida Gators

mavsfan1000
06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
No team would've beat the spurs this year. They are on a mission.

BUMP
06-11-2007, 04:31 PM
You couldn't beat this years' Spurs.
last year's Spurs>this year's Spurs

this year you couldnt even beat us on your homecourt once

BUMP
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
teams that could beat the Mavs

Warriors

Thats it. yall lucked out

MrChug
06-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Awww....how cute---and stupid. You'll NEVER EVER hear one person agree with that stupidity. What a Mavsfan :lmao

Healthy Spurs>Injured Spurs>Any Mavs team :toast

...how awesome that you're still talking about the past! The future is NOW and NOW the Spurs are the best team on the planet!!!!! :flag:

BUMP
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
the Spurs are the best team on the planet!!!!! :flag:

besides the Suns :lol

Islymore
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
^And I have to agree... The Spurs are the best team on the planet right now.....

But there are only two teams left to battle it out... so...

sribb43
06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
...how awesome that you're still talking about the past! The future is NOW and NOW the Spurs are the best team on the planet!!!!! :flag:

How funny this statement coming from a spurs fan who after last year when the Mavs beat the Spurs, most of you Spurs fans could only talk about was the past and your 3 rings(soon to be 4).

dg7md
06-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Cavs swept us in the regular season.

REGULAR. SEASON.

sribb43
06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Cavs swept us in the regular season.

REGULAR. SEASON.
i will agree to that. Ask the Mavs about dismantling the heat in the regular season last year and what happend after that

Trainwreck2100
06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
That's pretty much the problem with the Mavs, they built themselves to beat the Spurs, but their style gets them beat by lower level teams

td4mvp21
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM

No way in hell. This year's Spurs team is way better than last year's, especially on the defensive end. Duncan is healthy, Gino is healthy, Parker is even better, Finley is clicking for the most part, Oberto/Elson are starting to contribute, and our role players step up more. The defense, like I said, is the big difference.

And maybe the reason we couldn't beat you on our homecourt was because it was before we gelled. We played the Mavs in Jan., during our worst streak of the season, and still only lost by 5. Either way you put it, the regular season vs. the Mavs didn't really matter, did it?

K-State Spur
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM

if joey crawford doesn't go all 'howard dean' you could very easily have said that the Mavs couldn't hold serve at home against the spurs either.

but remember in last year's series that the spurs got absolutely no production from anybody other than the big 3 + finley against dallas (and it still went to OT in game 7). In these playoffs, Bowen has been hitting his wide open 3s (something he didn't do last year), Duncan is healthy, Parker's jumper is the best it has ever been, Spurs have been getting solid production from the '5' spot, and unlike Van Exel, Vaughn knows that his jumper sucks.

Over the course of the regular season, it was obvious that the Mavs were the better team. But last year's playoff series + this year's regular season matchups (all 4 of them) show that if the Spurs played above themselves for a while, and the Mavs experienced any kind of a drop-off, the Spurs could take the Mavs. And behold...once the playoffs started: The Spurs raised their level of play and the Mavs shat themselves.

ALVAREZ6
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Spurs>>>>Mavs

This was just our year. There's no stoppin the Spurs right now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
No one is bitter. The Spurs deserve it. Just saying a Mavs/Spurs matchup would have been classic....no real good series in the playoffs this year. Mavs vs Spurs would have gone 7 with the Spurs likely winning IMHO. Maybe next year the Mavs can avoid playing like shit and get there :elephant
I don't mean bitter. And I was referring to amareloomsLOOMS, since he was a biter by copying your name. But thanks for the courtesy towards the Spurs. :toast

Don Quixote
06-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Attention Mavs Fan:

Let this year's Finals serve as a lesson on how not to &#@& up a golden opportunity. You finally got over on Big Brother (us) last year and had your chance to come home with the trophy. But you blew it and showed that your team could not be trusted in the clutch. There's no phreaking way that the Miami retirement community should have been hoisting the hardware. Even though we had lost, we were about to at least take solace that the trophy was going to go to a pretty darn good team (Dallas).

It was yours for the taking. There's no one to blame but your crappy team.

It's doubtful that your team will ever come close again. Hopefully this will teach you a little lesson about respect ... always respect the team with the rings.

So enjoy the Trophy ceremony later this week, and spend the summer wondering what might have been. "Could Dallas have beaten S.A. this year," etc. Because that's all you & Suns Fan will ever have.

Xylus
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
If the Suns couldn't stop the Spurs, then no one else could.

stretch
06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
i will agree to that. Ask the Mavs about dismantling the heat in the regular season last year and what happend after that
also ask the Mavs about dismantling a team twice to go up 2-0 in the finals, and what happened after that. sounds pretty familiar right now, doesnt it?

Ignorant Spurs fan
06-12-2007, 01:57 PM
that's all you & Suns Fan will ever have.

be honest with yourself. do you really think that Dallas will never win a championship? they have shown they can beat us. now the Suns are a different story but the money that Dallas spends seems to me that they will always be in contention. im just saying that cockiness like this could come back to haunt us later. cause the Spurs will not be like this forever

LEONARD
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, your team got eliminated in the first round, and here are Mavs fans STILL wishing and hoping they were still in to beat the Spurs, because the Spurs are in the Finals.

Last year's series victory wasn't supposed to happen, and it's done, Dallas had their chance in the Finals last year, lost (as expected), won 67 games, and lost in the first round this year (once again as expected).

The Kobe/Shaq Lakers team of 1999-2000 through 2001-2002 was the last team to dominate the Spurs. It's been the Spurs' league ever since.

You have ended yourself yet? :dizzy

LilMissSPURfect
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Default Re: Mavs the only team that can beat the Spurs without timmy in the fourth qtr and no manu or tony.......thank JC.....now back to your regular programming....... :p:

Mavschick
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
The only thing the Mavs can beat the Spurs at is being in denial:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30376

<> Bathouse Bear

"Im really dissapointed because the Mavs blew it. If they had beaten Golden State we would have had a cakewalk to the NBA championship with the Spurs knocking off the Suns.

a Month ago Everybody wanted to blow things up and change our team around and something struck me the other day.....Next season who the hell is going to be better than the Mavs?

The Mavs are better than both teams in the NBA Finals going 5-1 against the Cavs and Spurs this year.

Phoenix is another year older
Detroit is another year older.

There is no telling what will happen to Golden State. Nelson might leave, Baron Davis will ask for more money and there is no guarantee that the current team that beat the Mavs will stay intact.

Even though our team got beat, i don't see this like 2003 when I knew our team wasn't as good as the Spurs, or Lakers and probably not better than a healthy Kings team.

On paper their isn't any team that is better than the Mavs. They are just going to have to decide if they have the mental fortitude to play up to their abilities in the playoffs."

<> pkdumas

"Bathouse Bear nailed it. We are champions. It is our destiny. Why would we change? One year means nothing." :rolleyes :p:

Better to face reality so you can deal with it and get past it, then figure out what adjustments you need to make, ie. bye-bye J.T. and our undersized backcourt. Who but a fool can say with 100% conviction we'll come close to winning 67 games again or that we'll be an upper-echelon team again next season? Humility is the bringer of reason.

"The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none."
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)

Dirk Nowitzki
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Not this years Spurs team. We shitted our undies playing Golden State. The Suns would have kicked our asses as well. Nash>Dirk as a leader,clutch player, toughness and Amare would have had dunking drills on us. Utahs physical play would of given them a great chance to beat us as well. Fact: this years Mavs team was fucking soft and they are not tough or clutch enough to win a title.

BUMP
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Fact: this years Mavs team was fucking soft and they are not tough or clutch enough to win a title.

true. Dallas learned another lesson this year, which is there are no free rides ever in the playoffs. they were a 4th quarter meltdown from winning a championship and they automatically thought they had a free ticket to the WCF to face San Antonio. then they played Golden State, they didnt play their best in game 1, and panicked big time the rest of the series.

MrChug
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
true. Dallas learned another lesson this year, which is there are no free rides ever in the playoffs. they were a 4th quarter meltdown from winning a championship and they automatically thought they had a free ticket to the WCF to face San Antonio. then they played Golden State, they didnt play their best in game 1, and panicked big time the rest of the series.

And it took the two most historic collapses in all of sports history to "learn" that lesson???? What idiots. Could have just asked a Spur...

mavs>spurs2
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Yea mavs will never win a title as long as Dirk is "the man." He either needs a Pippen or to be a pippen himself.

confined
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Give me gerald wallace and brevin knight for terry and i like our chances next year

Fernando TD21
06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Last year Mavs were really good. Maybe Mavs was the only team that could beat the Spurs this year, but we will never know.
Teams that the Mavs eliminated during the playoffs this year:

and that's it. :elephant

Islymore
06-13-2007, 08:04 AM
what amazes me is... the immediate responses to bait threads like this one.

mavs fans wanna complain when spurfans keep tossin out "3 rings" every chance they get... now with the 2-0 choke and the 8th seed that made the Mavs walk the plank into the sea of summer vacation - Mavfans still got shit to talk?? :wakeup

wow. and these are my fellow fans? A bunch of Mav-colored glass wearing ship-jumpers? that is fine. but some of these threads are a bit ridiculous.

why are we even still discussing the possibility of the Mavs beating the Spurs at this time? when the Mavs are chillin with they feet kicked up, hosting parties, and gettin laid?? they arent worried about the Spurs right now, so... why as fans are we not investing out time into lookin towards next season?

at least throw some trade talk out there, the whatifs... will always be whatifs. whatifs never won championships. isnt that what all this is about??

Don Quixote
06-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Good take. Mavs Fan has no reason whatsoever to talk trash, except maybe to brag about the now-two month long vacation in the Caymans, Cancún, Mallorca, Hawaii, Greece, wherever, that his players have been on.

Mavs Fan should be watching a *real* champion take the trophy, and maybe dreaming of a hypothetical day when the Mavs might actually win one (it'll never happen, ever. The Cavs will win one before Dallas even sniffs one). And respecting.

Don Quixote
06-13-2007, 09:40 AM
be honest with yourself. do you really think that Dallas will never win a championship? they have shown they can beat us. now the Suns are a different story but the money that Dallas spends seems to me that they will always be in contention. im just saying that cockiness like this could come back to haunt us later. cause the Spurs will not be like this forever

Never. And I mean never. The Mavericks will never hoist it at the end of the day, at least not with this bunch, and not while anyone now playing is still in the League, and not while Duncan is still around.

Hypothetically ... if they were to get a different owner, completely different players, and built a culture of professionalism & winning (like we have in S.A.), then maybe they could win one. But that'll happen like Cleveland comes back in this series.

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 10:52 AM
We will never know because the Mavs lose in the 1st round to an 8th seed.

Ignorant Spurs fan
06-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Never. And I mean never. The Mavericks will never hoist it at the end of the day, at least not with this bunch, and not while anyone now playing is still in the League, and not while Duncan is still around.

dont let your hate glasses get in the way. Dallas has a realistic shot at winning in the next years. there is no reason to say they never will. and Duncan was around last year look what happened. but they have progressed into title contenders over the years and they have a hiccup this year and all of a sudden they are out of it.

im not trying to bash you, but the reality is that the Mavs are probly going to take over the West once Duncan is on the decline. hopefully not anytime soon. so statements like this could come back to haunt us later in time. but thats all i will say about Dallas because now is our time :hungry:

confined
06-13-2007, 04:46 PM
dont let your hate glasses get in the way. Dallas has a realistic shot at winning in the next years. there is no reason to say they never will. and Duncan was around last year look what happened. but they have progressed into title contenders over the years and they have a hiccup this year and all of a sudden they are out of it.

im not trying to bash you, but the reality is that the Mavs are probly going to take over the West once Duncan is on the decline. hopefully not anytime soon. so statements like this could come back to haunt us later in time. but thats all i will say about Dallas because now is our time :hungry:

You are one classy man sir :tu

Don Quixote
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Right on. I could care less about the Dallas Mavericks, other than perhaps as the butt of jokes. This title is about the Spurs and their loyal fans.

And I could care less about next year, the offseason, and the future. Not right now anyway. Maybe 2-3 years from now, we can say, dang, so-and-so looks like they've got a good team, they might amount to something.

I still don't think Dallas will be taking over anything. Until proven otherwise.

Switchman
06-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Mavs Spurs matchup in WCF would have been a hell of a series.

BUMP
06-14-2007, 06:52 AM
i also have a feeling that the Rockets would have been the other toughest matchup for the Spurs. maybe the Warriors because you know they arent going to get timid, like the Jazz and Cavs did, but Mavs and Rockets would have given them the best series

lebomb
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Threads like this are bullshit.........rockets???......then Phoenix saying they got robbed, then DUMBASS Mavericks fans coming in saying they could have beaten the Spurs. I really really dont think so. Regular season means isht.....its all about the playoffs. The Spurs stepped it up, everyone else didnt. TOO BAD!!!! :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

Findog
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

jesse
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
if the mavs had anyother coach the spurs would destroy them, the only reason the come out on top is because A.J knows how to stop Duncan the same way Nelson knows how to stop Dirk!!!

confined
06-14-2007, 08:21 PM
if the mavs had anyother coach the spurs would destroy them, the only reason the come out on top is because A.J knows how to stop Duncan the same way Nelson knows how to stop Dirk!!!
That's not true...duncan was anything but "stopped" last year in the west semis...the reason the mavs can compeat with SA now is cuz of the match-up problems dirk gives them