PDA

View Full Version : To The Spurs: Don't Make the Same Mistake as the Pistons

CleVeLaNd_sTriFe
06-10-2007, 11:17 PM
We have been down 0-2 before. Do not think that this series is over already because if the spurs actually do and are guilty of the hubris the pistons were in the ECF we could catch you by suprise just like we did the Pistons in the ECF.

Now I don't necessarily think the Spurs will do this because Popovich is a very very good coach and the Spurs are a very diciplined team.. However, it is still something that has to weigh on your minds as Spurs fans.

Hopefully LeBron will wake up and we can make this series interesting. It isn't easy to beat us at home.

samikeyp
06-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Well luckily the Spurs players flock to this message board for advice on playoff games. ;)

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 11:18 PM
When did the Pistons have a 30 point lead or whatever on the Cavs? The Spurs are toying with you kiddos.

-MB

judaspriestess
06-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Sweetie I seriously doubt anyone thinks this series is far from over.

But the Spurs are NOT the Pistons. Not by a long shot.

dav4463
I agree. I think some fans think it's going to be easy. Cleveland showed some real balls in coming back the way they did. I'm glad the Spurs led by so much early. They needed a cushion. I don't think the subs will be coming in early again like tonight though.

CleVeLaNd_sTriFe
Well hey you never know :blah

It would be kind of silly if I adressed this to the fans, because... well.. they aren't the ones playing the game.

SequSpur
You're team is done.

CharlieMac
06-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, we've been up 2-0 before...

florige
We have been down 0-2 before. Do not think that this series is over already because if the spurs actually do and are guilty of the hubris the pistons were in the ECF we could catch you by suprise just like we did the Pistons in the ECF.

Now I don't necessarily think the Spurs will do this because Popovich is a very very good coach and the Spurs are a very diciplined team.. However, it is still something that has to weigh on your minds as Spurs fans.

Hopefully LeBron will wake up and we can make this series interesting. It isn't easy to beat us at home.

Utah was supposed to be tough at home too.

DDS4
I think that 4th quarter surge was the best thing that happened to the Spurs.

spursfan09
To the Cavs: Spurs are not the Pistons.

exstatic
06-10-2007, 11:21 PM
The difference is the 2-3-2 format. They lump all of your home games in sequence, and it's REALLY tough to win all three. Only two teams have done it in 20+ years, the 2004 Pistons and the 2006 Heat. It's not an even year, so I don't like your chances. :)

TampaDude
06-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah, we've been up 2-0 before...

Yup...and we got BLOWN OUT in Games 3 and 4 and the series went 7 games.

Though, to be fair 2005 Pistons >>>>> 2007 Cavs.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Funny how the trolling changes from 'we beat you in the regular season' to 'we lost by double digits but we came back from down 30'. Oh well. 2-0.

jn77
06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
This series is not coming back to San Antonio. Lebron and the Cavs may have a win or two in them, but the Pistons were much tougher opponents in 05 and they couldn't win three at home against the Spurs. Sorry Cleveland this series is over, maybe not in four, but it's over.

samikeyp
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
If they have two wins in them...it will come back to SA.

baseline bum
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Don't make the same mistake the Jazz did... blow games 1 & 2 and then think they can win the series just because they did it against Houston.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't care as long as the Cavs make the games competitive. They did a good job in the 4th.

timmydidit
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
this isn't the detroit pistons it is the San Antonio Spurs

CleVeLaNd_sTriFe
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Funny how the trolling changes from 'we beat you in the regular season' to 'we lost by double digits but we came back from down 30'. Oh well. 2-0.

You think that I'm trolling? I am just trying to make a point. Hardly Trolling..

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes, you're trolling.

The_Worlds_finest
06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
What the hell do you think barry came in and shot 5 three pointers for? To keep the spurs heads from going up thier own arse and keeping the spurs on thier toes

BeerIsGood!
06-10-2007, 11:39 PM
The Cavs are going to be though as hell in game 3 due to just the atmosphere alone, but if they can't find a way to stop the Spurs' big guns it'll probably be 3-0. The Cavs got a ton of phantom calls and shot the ball pretty well in this game but they are just outclassed.

spursfan09
06-10-2007, 11:40 PM
The worst thing that can happen to the Spurs is going up by 29 again.....

td4mvp21
06-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Well no shit they can't let up. I thought about this too, but the difference is that the Cavs severely outplayed the Pistons in both of those games and still lost. It's not like the Pistons outplayed them. We've dominated the Cavs in the two games...I like our chances.

florige
06-10-2007, 11:43 PM
:lol

:lol

Nah this time Pop won't play the scrubs deep until the lead is down to single digits again.

florige
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Well no shit they can't let up. I thought about this too, but the difference is that the Cavs severely outplayed the Pistons in both of those games and still lost. It's not like the Pistons outplayed them. We've dominated the Cavs in the two games...I like our chances.

Plus we have been there before with a great Utah team. Hopefully the Cavs try and take what they accomplished from our scrubs and incorporate it against our starters in game 3.- Marcus Bryant. Hell at this point it couldn't hurt.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM

You did that against one good team that is it. Coming back from 0-2 down against the Spurs is tough business. Yeah the Lakers did it in 04 but unless Shaq is getting traded in the next 2 days and getting younger you guys are in trouble.

duncan228
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
From what I heard in the post game interviews the Spurs remember all too clearly what happened in Detroit in '05.
The Cavs are not as good as that Pistons team was but I don't think the Spurs will take them lightly.

The Cavs came back on this year's Pistons, but the Spurs won't let that happen.
The Spurs defense is too good. They're not as tired as Detroit was. They've been here before and that experience is going to get them their fourth.

Tonight we saw the writing on the wall. The Spurs are the better team.
And the better team always wins in a seven game series.

tmtcsc
06-10-2007, 11:50 PM

You guys should have swept the Pistons. They were terrible. Kudos to your team for making a comeback but....well, so did the Jazz. Look what it got them. Boozer should have stayed in Cleveland. You guys would have had a real nice team.

BeerIsGood!
06-10-2007, 11:53 PM

If the Spurs are up 29 again in game 3 - this will be a sweep. The Cavs get demoralized if they lose game 3, especially like this.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2007, 11:55 PM
The Cavs made a ferocious comeback against a Spurs team that was running its offense through Brent Barry. Fool's gold. But I won't mind if the Cavs believe in it. Too bad they can't show up for the other 3 quarters against the 1st team.

Extra Stout
06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
The Cavs' secret weapon is to fall so far behind that the Spurs lose their edge.

twentyone
06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
The Cavs' secret weapon is to fall so far behind that the Spurs lose their edge.

:tu :worthy:

So they open the lane like that to give them the easy buckets to lure them off their guard? Brilliant!