PDA

View Full Version : VAN GUNDY was hilarious

spurscenter
06-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Jeff Van gundy had me laughing hard on a couple of takes.

The man is hilarious. Dont you think

Post your fav. comments.

I loved the one where he said

I would like to apologize to Kareem and his family for Mark Jackson saying Iguskus was doing a Kareem. lol

dbreiden83080
06-11-2007, 01:28 AM

Post your fav. comments.

I would like to apologize to Kareem and his family for Mark Jackson saying Iguskus was doing a Kareem. lol

I liked it when he was talking about spongebob's hair and saying that the hair flopping around is what sells his flops to the refs. Said that he should visit his barber for a change of pace.

spurscenter
06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
yea that was hialrious.

Also when JVG said last game, why 2-3-2??, they travel in private jets for god sakes.

ploto
06-11-2007, 01:35 AM
I liked it when he was talking about spongebob's hair and saying that the hair flopping around is what sells his flops to the refs. Said that he should visit his barber for a change of pace.
You realize the same was said about Manu and his long hair to sell the flop in the past.

dbreiden83080
06-11-2007, 01:38 AM
You realize the same was said about Manu and his long hair to sell the flop in the past.

The way Van Gundy talks about it is very funny though. He should take a few years off coaching and just do commentary, he is very entertaining.

spurscenter
06-11-2007, 01:39 AM
He is. I think he is just doesnt care who he insults, which is great comedy.

he calls people out for flopping. so funny.

judaspriestess
06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
We thought it was funny when he said that five west teams would beat the calves.

T Park
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
i personally liked

"Tony Parker is an all star, marrying eva longoria, and is making milllions. Hes gotta pick 2 of the three. He can't have all three. Hes gotta pick just two"

:lol

OldDirtMcGirt
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Jeff Van Gundy + Bill Walton + Marv Albert = Amazing

spurscenter
06-11-2007, 02:13 AM
i personally liked

"Tony Parker is an all star, marrying eva longoria, and is making milllions. Hes gotta pick 2 of the three. He can't have all three. Hes gotta pick just two"

OMG that was classic. i rememeber that.

Death In June
06-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Am I the only one that finds JVG's squirrely-ness irritating?

SRJ
06-11-2007, 02:21 AM
I agree with Jeff Vexler, who said Van Gundy deserves his own sitcom.

I can see it now:

Coming to NBC this fall - X's And O's! The new family comedy that's a slam-dunk laugh riot! Starring Jeff Van Gundy as overworked, underpaid head coach of the low-talent LA Surf, Bob Mitchell! Also starring Geena Davis as his diva wife, Carla, Anthony Anderson as the out-of-shape guard Kevin LaRue, and Bryan Cranston as cheap, eccentric Surf owner Marc Silver! Watch Coach Bob try and coax wins out of a low-budget, low-talent squad while dealing with a crazy owner and a basketball-busting wife!

2pac
06-11-2007, 02:22 AM
yea that was hialrious.

Also when JVG said last game, why 2-3-2??, they travel in private jets for god sakes.

More for the media than the teams.

san antonio spurs
06-11-2007, 03:38 AM
he asked if Iglaukas was buying 2 pair of shoes because he had a feet waay longer than the other.

and Mark Jackson said the cavaliers should be charged because of their seats, ON THE COURT
________
MELANYASS CAM (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/melanyass)

ginobili fan
06-11-2007, 07:03 AM
JVG is so freakin' good

AlamoSpursFan
06-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Nothing JVG will ever do or say will top his parking spot on the tarmac in the '99 Finals.

Taco
06-11-2007, 07:59 AM
I like in game one when Parker missed his second free throw and got the rebound.
JVG was pissed about Fundamentals of Blocking out the free throw shooter

The next time, Tim missed his second Free Throw and got his own rebound
Van Gundy said in a Frustrated Voice "That's it!!!, I've officially had it!!!"

AlamoSpursFan
06-11-2007, 08:01 AM
It was kinda funny how Breen and Jackson backpedaled QUICKLY when JVG said "What else are you gonna do for three days in San Antonio?"

Jimcs50
06-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Nothing JVG will ever do or say will top his parking spot on the tarmac in the '99 Finals.

No, nothing he will ever do will be better than him being latched onto Alonzo's leg, being dragged around the court, like a dog in heat trying to break up the fight betw Mourning and his Heat team and his Knicks in that brawl.

I am always saddened when JVG gets a coaching job, because we lose him as an analyst.

BigBeezie
06-11-2007, 08:34 AM
He is. I think he is just doesnt care who he insults, which is great comedy.

he calls people out for flopping. so funny.

That is what I like about him. I think by not caring about who he insults, that he is a little more objective.

I like how he was talking about the floppers...

ducks
06-11-2007, 08:39 AM
sometime the team is just that much better then the other team
the spurs are playing great

not to smart to say for the ratings

my2sons
06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
It was kinda funny how Breen and Jackson backpedaled QUICKLY when JVG said "What else are you gonna do for three days in San Antonio?"

Ya, they left him hanging and he goes, i don't know what I meant...I was cracking up

Don Quixote
06-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Agreed. I love JVG's commentary, and we need more people like him in the booth. Not only is he funny and knowledgable, but he is quick to call B.S. when he hears it.

Spurs R Us
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM
JVG has been great, but one of my favorite quotes of the night came from Mike Breen after Mark Jackson said, "I am looking to see something the Spurs don't do well and I can't find anything." To which Breen replied, "They don't chest-bump too well."
That was hilarious!!

gino>yourlife
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
he asked if Iglaukas was buying 2 pair of shoes because he had a feet waay longer than the other.

and Mark Jackson said the cavaliers should be charged because of their seats, ON THE COURT

:lol priceless

caŽlo
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Agreed. I love JVG's commentary, and we need more people like him in the booth. Not only is he funny and knowledgable, but he is quick to call B.S. when he hears it.

hehe.. like this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM

The Red Hood
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Yeah that was hilarious even though he was bad mouthing sa I loved it and then Mark Jackson said "I love San Antonio this is a great city one of the greatest cities I've ever been to" Mike Breen: "Please send all your e-mails to Jeff Van Gundy" Jeff Van Gundy: "Well I was just trying to say..... I don't know what I was trying to say" and then that one time I think it was during the Jazz series I don't know exactly what he said but after he said "Hallelujah!" just the way he said it was hilarious

caŽlo
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM

we got a winner right here :lol :lol :lol

jvg can be a good stand up comedian. i wonder how he talks to his team though when he coaches

easjer
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
My favorite line of the night was when he said, "Well sometimes one team is just way better than the other team and I think that's what we are seeing here." or something to that effect.

Heh.

Although Jackson was pretty funny last night too and he usually annoys the fuck out of me - that line was great.

Taco
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Although Jackson was pretty funny last night too and he usually annoys the fuck out of me .

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I liked when JVG said that the only reason Anderson Varejao gets the calls when he flops is because of his hair. "If he had my hair he would never get the calls" :lol.

baseline bum
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Van Gundy used to really suck, back when he wouldn't say two words in a quarter. He's pretty good now though when he's teamed with Mark Jackson. Jackson sucks without JVG, but it works together.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Post your fav. comments.

I agree. Since the afternoon he was fired and came back to broadcasting he has been the best announcer ABC has. Not only giving better basketball insight than the other two, but also being "real", telling things how they are, and doing a good job at not taking sides.
I love when he points out every-single-flop.

Russ
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Van Gundy is great. I even had to laugh when he said "What else are you gonna do for two days in San Antonio?" after Breen said LeBron watched the Game 1 tape over and over to come up with adjustments.

td4mvp3
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
he can afford to be honest and cuttiing because he doesn't look at the analyst gig as his job. he really wants to coach and expects to coach, so the tv stuff is just like being a hall monitor, you don't take it too seriously and you have no reason to bite your tongue.

Nathan Explosion
06-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Van Gundy has been great.

I think next year if Barry retires, you'll see him on TV, and I bet he'll be much more entertaining than his brother.

Can you imagine having Brent and Elliott together on a broadcast?

SA210
06-12-2007, 01:50 AM

Yea, I didn't like when he said that, but besides Charles and Sean, Van Gundy is my favorite commentator. He's really funny.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Did anybody catch the game that Chuck did the commentary for? It was pretty classic stuff.

spurscenter
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Tracy McGrady recently on Jeff Van Gundy's TV work: "If he had the same personality on the sidelines and with the media like he has when he's commentating, a lot more people would like him."

DDS4
06-27-2007, 10:12 AM
JVG: "I got an invitation to Tony and Eva's wedding, how about you guys?"

Mike Breem: "I don't believe you."

SpursFanInAustin
06-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Tracy McGrady recently on Jeff Van Gundy's TV work: "If he had the same personality on the sidelines and with the media like he has when he's commentating, a lot more people would like him."

Sounds like McGrady was watching a lot of Spurs games during the playoffs. But but but but but but I thought no one outside of San Antonio watched the Finals? [/Sun,Mav,Laker fan]