PDA

View Full Version : Don't let up

Walton Buys Off Me
06-11-2007, 07:48 AM
We have them on the ropes, the title is in sight. Let's go to Cleveland and get game 3 or face a brand new series. We saw what could happen by getting complacent in the fourth quarters of games 1 and 2. If we play like that on the road, we lose.

Tomorrow night is huge; win, you're a champion, lose you've got a dogfight on your hands that may go either way.

SAGambler
06-11-2007, 08:43 AM
I expect the Spurs to come out strong again in Cleveland, and I suspect Pop won't be sitting people starting 4th quarter.

I also look for Cleveland to have somewhat of a better offense in Cleveland, via a few more calls. Spurs will just have to play though it.

Unlike some, I don't think the Spurs are going to mail one in this time. I think they smell blood and they want to get this over ASAP.

If Spurs win Tuesday, I look for this to end Thursday.

I know everyone says Cleveland will win at least one, but right now, the way the Spurs are playing, I just don't see it.

I guess they have some hope from the Detroit series, where they turned in around after being down 2, but they have to realize they only lost those two by a couple of points each game. Never did Detroit have them down 20 or 30, nor anything close to that.

I think James tried to really get agressive last night, and yet only scored 25, which was equaled by Manu and surpassed by Tony.

So unless he can manage another 48 point game along with Gibson or some also putting up 30, I just don't see them winning anything.

They had a good season, a good run, in a not so good eastern conference. They need to build on that, but at the same time they need to realize they are completely outmatched in the Finals.

I think the Cavs have the potential to have a long run in the East, but they are going to have to add some pieces if they are ever going to compete with whoever comes out of the West, come playoff time.

Regular season wins are nice, but as has been shown by this series, means little in the playoffs. Teams like the Spurs play regular season at one speed, and the playoffs at another. I don't think the Cavs were ready for this.

hater
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Cavs will win game 3 and MAYBE 4. but that's about it.

MoSpur
06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Its been awhile since I've seen Walton. I think tomorrow is the biggest game in the series so far. If the Spurs win, the series is over, if they lose, its going to drag on and that gives the Cavs more confidence and we've seen what more confidence can do for them.

Leetonidas
06-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm kinda rooting for the Spurs to win in 6 just so they can have their fans with them when they hoist the trophy.

twentyone
06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Cav's win game 3 it's going to be a 6 game series.

Spur's win game 3 and it's over Thursday no doubt. Closeout games are pretty much like Sharks on chum.

Spur's commit to a 48 minute game on Tuesday then it's the second scenario.

MoSpur
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I will be happy with the Spurs winning one out of two over there. I'd much rather have a sweep though.

41times
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM
This is right where we had the Heat last year and we blew a nice lead in the 4th quarter and it cost us a frigging Title!

So don't take anything for granted and don't let up. Bury them!

samikeyp
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
I still see Spurs in 5. Cleveland is to good at home not to get at least one.

I think game 3 will see a big start by the Cavs and if the Spurs can weather that storm and stay in the game, it will be close down the stretch and I like the Spurs chances in a close playoff game.

Soul_Patch
06-11-2007, 09:39 AM
there is no way the cavs win 2 in a row.

I still say sweep. If cleveland wins it will be game 3, if they loose game three i am dead certain of a sweep.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm kinda rooting for the Spurs to win in 6 just so they can have their fans with them when they hoist the trophy.

That's nuts. Never root for a loss, much less two. Win it in four.

easjer
06-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I stick by my original prediction. Cavs win a close game 3 and Spurs take care of business in games 4 and 5.

Without trying to sound all conspiracy theory, I don't think the league will let LeBron be swept. I expect to see Salvatore for game 3.