PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wondering what is up with Mike Brown?

MajorMike
06-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I have NEVER seen a coach just give up... twice, like he has.

Anyone who has been around the Spurs for the last couple years knows that anything is possible within a minute. They have a player like James, who is certainly capable of a run like McGrady had and they just give up. I can think of many times this year (Vinsanity, AI, PPierce) where players willed their teams to victory or damn near it against us in the last 2 minutes after double digit deficits.

Brown had time outs, he had James killing us, he had momentum, he had a 10/11 point deficit with a minute to go... why the fuck is he just giving up? I don't know why I should care, and maybe I'm just used to teams fighting til the bitter end, but I felt like in both games Brown just threw in the towel.

Maybe it is better than playing the foul and shoot game, but at least it shows you have life. When you take your all world player out when the game is still, even minutely, within reach, that is a puss out.

Game 1, Bron hit those 2 3s that would have been net if he was blindfolded, then he dishes to Gibson for 3 and they are within 8, Duncan dunks to make it 10 points with 54 seconds to go and Brown takes Bron out.

Game 2, Bron dishes, again, to Gibson who hits a 3 to make it 9 poins. Bruce misses a 3 but Timmy gets the board and puts it back to make it 11 (103-92) with, AGAIN, 54 seconds left. And Brown subs Bron out for the second game in a row at 54 seconds.

Am I completely off base here, or does it appear to ya'll that Brown just gave up?

Twisted_Dawg
06-11-2007, 11:35 AM
No... Brown is very incompetent.

And that is also the general consensus on the Cavs board.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
he should give avery johnson a call....

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Brown is a brilliant defensive strategist. I love that trick he does where he lets the Spurs get so far ahead they get bored and stop scoring.

BeerIsGood!
06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Brown is at a loss of what to do at this point because his adjustments after game 1 led his team into a game where they took a worse beating than before.

Before you go beating up Brown though you should realize that there isn't a coach alive that could lead the Cavs over the Spurs in a 7 game series if the Spurs continue to play the way they have for the last few months. The Spurs have far too much firepower on both ends and hold two trump cards in that they are the team with 1) A real PG, and 2) a dominant post player on both ends of the court. If one team holds that edge then they are going to win 999,999/1,000,000

diego
06-11-2007, 11:50 AM
also, in both games lebron screwed up before being taken out.

game 1, duncan dunks 10pt lead then bron bricks a 3 and is taken out.

game 2, duncan dunks 10pt lead then bron misses a layup and is taken out

at least thats what i remember.

peskypesky
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Brown is a turd. If I were Lebron, I'd be demanding a new coach. One with balls.

samikeyp
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Brown is a brilliant defensive strategist. I love that trick he does where he lets the Spurs get so far ahead they get bored and stop scoring.

I KNEW it!!! That's what it was! :)

Soul_Patch
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I like mike brown. I still respect him quite a bit, i just think he is being out coached.

Or maybe he is still a spurs homer and is throwing the series on purpose.

ALVAREZ6
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh shut up...it's just a waste of his players' legs and energy, they weren't gonna win this game. Question his passion and heart all you want, Cleveland was losing either way.

duncan228
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree that he's being out coached. It's a chess match in a series, adjustments must be made between games and, even more importantly, during games.

Brown just isn't there yet. If he ever will be. It takes a special coach to lead a team through a long season and through 3 rounds to get to the Finals.

Brown got the Cavs through the East rounds but he isn't ready for this stage.
Stakes are high and he's making mistakes that are not only costing him games but also costing his team any kind of confidence that they could win this.

fatsack
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
pop taught brown everything brown knows...
he just didn't teach brown everything POP knows...

Obstructed_View
06-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Lebron dribbled off his foot, threw the ball right to Manu and took a bad three. Taking him out might have given them more of a chance.

Sasha
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM

:lol

slimjoe
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Its funny because its true.

tsb2000
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Nellie or Sloan would have played Hack-A-Spur until the bitter end, for sure.

exstatic
06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I have NEVER seen a coach just give up... twice, like he has.

Anyone who has been around the Spurs for the last couple years knows that anything is possible within a minute. They have a player like James, who is certainly capable of a run like McGrady had and they just give up. I can think of many times this year (Vinsanity, AI, PPierce) where players willed their teams to victory or damn near it against us in the last 2 minutes after double digit deficits.

Brown had time outs, he had James killing us, he had momentum, he had a 10/11 point deficit with a minute to go... why the fuck is he just giving up? I don't know why I should care, and maybe I'm just used to teams fighting til the bitter end, but I felt like in both games Brown just threw in the towel.

Maybe it is better than playing the foul and shoot game, but at least it shows you have life. When you take your all world player out when the game is still, even minutely, within reach, that is a puss out.

Game 1, Bron hit those 2 3s that would have been net if he was blindfolded, then he dishes to Gibson for 3 and they are within 8, Duncan dunks to make it 10 points with 54 seconds to go and Brown takes Bron out.

Game 2, Bron dishes, again, to Gibson who hits a 3 to make it 9 poins. Bruce misses a 3 but Timmy gets the board and puts it back to make it 11 (103-92) with, AGAIN, 54 seconds left. And Brown subs Bron out for the second game in a row at 54 seconds.

Am I completely off base here, or does it appear to ya'll that Brown just gave up?
Both of those contests likely would have had to turn into FT shooting contests. Spurs are just going to hold the ball until fouled, and this is a team that we can BEAT in a FT shooting contest.

exstatic
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Nellie or Sloan would have played Hack-A-Spur until the bitter end, for sure.
Cleveland is a worse FT shooting team than we are. NOT a good strategy.

wildbill2u
06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Both of those contests likely would have had to turn into FT shooting contests. Spurs are just going to hold the ball until fouled, and this is a team that we can BEAT in a FT shooting contest.
We put the ball in Manu's hands at the end of the game and the guy shoots something like 90%. He's cold blooded at the line at the end of games.

exstatic
06-11-2007, 11:12 PM
We put the ball in Manu's hands at the end of the game and the guy shoots something like 90%. He's cold blooded at the line at the end of games.
Exactly. And you foul LeBron the second he touches the ball. No wild 3s, no AND1s.

Ginobili has 9 games in this post season where he didn't miss from the line, and has shot 85% in the post season, overall. I think Mike Brown knows this.

Tek_XX
06-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Pop should have taught Mike Brown to have Tim Duncan.