PDA

View Full Version : couple of stats that should worry the cavs

td4mvp3
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
spurs, i think, have only lost one series when up 2-0, and that one had a lakers squad with four future hall-of-famers and needed a miracle shot to win one of those games.

and as espn just pointed out, no team has ever won two best of 7 series in a row after falling back 0-2 in both series.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 11:56 AM
More worrisome stat...

Number of players on Cleveland that can generate offense when LeBron gets smothered: 0.

DarrinS
06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
The thing that should worry the Cavs is that they now have to beat the Spurs (a team that just pounded them back-to-back) 4 out of 5 games.

This thing is over.

Borosai
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Here's another... only Timmay, le Pinceau and Manu have scored in double digits. When the Spurs start getting more points from Horry, Bowen and Finley, things will get really ugly (assuming the big 3 continue on their tear).

peskypesky
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
More worrisome stat...

Number of players on Cleveland that can generate offense when LeBron gets smothered: 0.

Umm, you forgot the Boobie.

DarrinS
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Umm, you forgot the Boobie.

Yeah, but their coach is too dumb to give him more minutes.

peskypesky
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but their coach is too dumb to give him more minutes.

Yep, Brown is mentally deficient.

ambchang
06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Gibson rarely generates his own offense though. He reminds me of BJ Armstrong, for some reason.

sandman
06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Gibson rarely generates his own offense though. He reminds me of BJ Armstrong, for some reason.

Bruce Bowen and Boobie have the same offensive game: setting up beyond the arc for a kickout. If someone does not set the play up for him, he is generally not going to be able to create his own shot.

BigBeezie
06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I've been saying "Spurs in two" for a couple of weeks now and that seems to be the case.

Cavs just need a little something to keep Mike Brown from getting fired. Hey, they could very well win game 3...but I doubt it.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2007, 01:22 PM
that year was like playin 1 on 4....

now lebron gets his turn of the 3musketeers

cheguevara
06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
more worrysome: Lebron is overrated

ancestron
06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Yep, Brown is mentally deficient.

agreed. Why sit LeBron James, your only good player, with nine minutes to go in the 1st quarter? 2 fouls? This is the Finals man, have some trust in your superstar. When LeBron went to the bench in the first the Spurs pounced on them and the rest was history. Not that I want LeBron to do well, but I just think that was a total bonehead decision, like he did it because he read it in "NBA coaching for Dummies" and felt he had to do it. Think outside the box a little bit Mike. you arent playing the Sixers in february. This is the Spurs in the finals and the Cavs need every bit of firepower they can muster to have even a shred of a chance at this point Shoulda left him in the game. How many fouls did Lebron end up with at the end anyway?

Supergirl
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I've been thinking about Brown's decision not to bump Gibson to the starting lineup - I think it comes from his Popovichian philosophy - you don't switch up the substitutions if you don't have to when you're in the middle of a series. It can destroy chemistry.

On the other hand, down 0-2, Brown really SHOULD consider deviating from this belief at this point. His best lineup, IMO, is Lebron, Gibson, Z, Varaejo, and Snow. He needs a true PG on the floor (Snow) and the few plays last night with Snow in the game the offense ran better. And Gibson is the only person outside of Lebron with any reliable offense.

Even if Brown does this, the Spurs should still win, but I think this lineup would make the games a lot closer.

colargol
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
agreed. Why sit LeBron James, your only good player, with nine minutes to go in the 1st quarter? 2 fouls? This is the Finals man, have some trust in your superstar. When LeBron went to the bench in the first the Spurs pounced on them and the rest was history. Not that I want LeBron to do well, but I just think that was a total bonehead decision, like he did it because he read it in "NBA coaching for Dummies" and felt he had to do it. Think outside the box a little bit Mike. you arent playing the Sixers in february. This is the Spurs in the finals and the Cavs need every bit of firepower they can muster to have even a shred of a chance at this point Shoulda left him in the game. How many fouls did Lebron end up with at the end anyway?

:clap :clap :clap :clap