PDA

View Full Version : Looking beyond this year's finals

George Gervin's Afro
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
In 2008 the Spurs will have 24,336,922.00 in expiring contracts! :wow

Anyway I'm not assuming we are going to win this year but I am just found this interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/salaries/spurs.html

NoMoneyDown
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Brent Barry > Bruce Bowen ?

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2007, 02:10 PM
i believe the cap would be about 50-58million around that year....

2009 is when wade or lebron comes here....or even d12

Mitch Cumsteen
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
We need to save that money so we can max out Beno.

vander
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I would love to see the spurs at least try to go after marion, he would fit our system better than phoenix's, and phoenix wants the cap relief.

we can provide that relief!

he would bring the spot up 3 point shooting barry was supposed to, the offensive rebounding and hustle of horry, and the defensive ability to succeed bowen. all while never needing a play drawn up for him.

c'mon RC, POP. go after him: our 1st rounder, barry, bowen, (scola or elson), and another 1st rounder next year.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I would love to see the spurs at least try to go after marion, he would fit our system better than phoenix's, and phoenix wants the cap relief.

he would bring the spot up 3 point shooting barry was supposed to, the offensive rebounding and hustle of horry, and the defensive ability to succeed bowen. all while never needing a play drawn up for him.

c'mon RC, POP. go after him: our 1st rounder, barry, bowen, (scola or elson), and another 1st rounder next year.

Something tells me I don't see marion bench warming but I might be wrong.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I was looking at mavs salaries.. LOL.. they are paying Manu's salary class to Dampier. Way to go.

Spurs16212
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
This is good considering we can throw some money to retain James White

Cry Havoc
06-11-2007, 04:31 PM
We need to save that money so we can max out Beno.

Don't forget that we need to save some money to spend on the copyright licensing for our pre-game intro music and also our PA system announcer.

Extra Stout
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM

no try to get lebron maybe cleveland will want to get rid of him :donkey

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
only 4 players on contract for next season?

this team is going to be a lot different next year

Dilldoe
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
nobody wants to watch your boring ass team win championships

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
nobody wants to watch your boring ass team win championships

get used to it :elephant

michaelwcho
06-11-2007, 06:23 PM
It would be great to get an athletic finisher like Marion on this team. Someone who can throw down off nifty passes from Timmy, Tony, and Manu.

Kobulingam
06-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Let me reiterate AGAIN (don't care if this is an impropriate thread to do so):

Barry better not be on this fucking team come next year!!!!!!!!!

Dilldoe
06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
get used to it :elephant

i'd rather suck a cock. oh, nevermind, i always like to do that

Atl Spur
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I really think the spurs should take a real hard look at Sasha Pavlovic! This guy has the length and ability to score in multiple ways. Do not speak on his defense; Pop has Brent Barry out their playing defense :nope

fuckespn
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I really think the spurs should take a real hard look at Sasha Pavlovic! This guy has the length and ability to score in multiple ways. Do not speak on his defense; Pop has Brent Barry out their playing defense :nope

Nah he sucks big dick

michaelwcho
06-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Pavlovic has the physical abilities of a starter but the basketball IQ of an Elson.

I like Pietrus 1st, then Nocioni.

Magic_Johnson
06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
It would be great to get an athletic finisher like Marion on this team. Someone who can throw down off nifty passes from Timmy, Tony, and Manu.

I don't think he'll be happy being the 4th player on a team
he has ego issue with amare for being the 2nd

Obstructed_View
06-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I was looking at mavs salaries.. LOL.. they are paying Manu's salary class to Dampier. Way to go.
And they are paying double that to a guy who starts for the Spurs. :lol

raspsa
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Marion is nice but too expensive IMO. Give Oberto a raise!! Let's see what James White can do defensively; if he has the right attitude, he has all the tools to be a terrific defender and BB replacement.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Pavlovic has the physical abilities of a starter but the basketball IQ of an Elson.

I like Pietrus 1st, then Nocioni.
:tu :tu :tu

greens
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM

So you wanna give up Bruce, our best defender...the best defensive player in the league right now. The guy who took more than like three pay cuts so that the Spurs signed Manu, Tony, and other guys...

I'd say trade Barry, Beno, and one of other non-factors. But, Bruce? No thanks!

ClingingMars
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
trading bowen isn't a good idea

espicially to a team that doesnt like defense like the Suns

-Mars