PDA

View Full Version : Charge!

Avitus1
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
This is from an article on Yahoo Sports (Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvRbonfbs.FZL6fgcmeuyYy8vLYF?slug=ap-nbafinals-notebook&prov=ap&type=lgns))

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is used to being in charge.

On Sunday night, he took a charge.

In the fourth quarter of the Spurs' 103-92 Game 2 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday night, Robert Horry had so much momentum as he tried to save a ball on the sideline that he ran out of bounds, smack dab into his boss.

Both of them went down hard against the scorer's table.

"That's all I could do," Popovich said, remembering his athletic days at the Air Force Academy. "That's the best thing I could do as, a player is fall down."

"I was so scared," said Horry, who had five blocks, five points and nine rebounds in 26 minutes Sunday. "I was like, 'Please don't be hurt, please don't be hurt.' But he jumped up fast, that shows you how tough he is."

Horry, whom Popovich called "our star" on Sunday, has been here before.

In Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Phoenix Suns, Horry checked Steve Nash, who tumbled into the scorer's table. Horry's move started a mini-scrum on the court and resulted in a two-game suspension for Horry and a one-game suspension for the Suns' Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw, who left the bench area but weren't involved.

Next time, Horry has some advice for his coach.

"Get out of my way," he joked. "Just jump up, jump up on the scorer's table, a la Steve Nash."

BigBeezie
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
His Steve Nash comment made me laugh...