PDA

View Full Version : vegas odds for game 3

ducks
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
:hungry:

Rynospursfan
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
:hungry:

Is this your way of asking for someone else to look it up?

ducks
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
http://phillyburbs.sportsdirectinc.com/odds/allsports.aspx

Bear Grylls
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Take out your life savings and put it all on the Spurs, you might want to put your car and your kids on them too.

JMO

Marcus Bryant
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
http://phillyburbs.sportsdirectinc.com/odds/allsports.aspx

Sacramento @ Houston?

Oh wait, WNBA. The only way Sacramento plays in June.

fatsack
06-11-2007, 05:15 PM
am i reading this right?

Cavs and 1.5 ?

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Spurs are favored by 1.5pts

Mavs<Spurs
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM

I never could figure those things out.

Thanks.

Those odds may make sense.

I hope that they are right.

I am not feeling a win on game 3 due to overconfidence on our part, their home crowd, their motivation after being embarassed.

But this Spurs team is so much better than this Cavs team, that I could very easily be wrong.

TampaDude
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Sweep? I dunno...if the Spurs lose a game, it will be Game 3.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I never could figure those things out.

Thanks.

Those odds may make sense.

I hope that they are right.

I am not feeling a win on game 3 due to overconfidence on our part, their home crowd, their motivation after being embarassed.

But this Spurs team is so much better than this Cavs team, that I could very easily be wrong.

depends if Duncan can stay out of foul trouble, and if either Manu or Parker have a big game also

Spurs don't need big performances from the big 3, but if Duncan and Manu/Parker show we get the win

Spurs just need it to be close in the 4th

Thunder Dan
06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Just so the misinformed know what odds actually are:

Odds are not made to say the Spurs will win by 2 or lose by 2. Odds are made so that the house can get even money on both sides of the bet, thus creating profit no matter what happends. If the line right now is Spurs -2, and I put $5,000,000 down on the Spurs (which would probably be a good bet) the line would jump to something like Spurs -15 within seconds of me placing my giant bet. Now, does that mean that the Spurs just got 7.5x better than seconds ago? No. It just means that the house wants more people putting their money on the Cavs. So these lines, although most of the times are close, do not predict the outcome of the game like some people think they do.

TampaDude
06-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Odds are not made to say the Spurs will win by 2 or lose by 2. Odds are made so that the house can get even money on both sides of the bet, thus creating profit no matter what happends. If the line right now is Spurs -2, and I put $5,000,000 down on the Spurs (which would probably be a good bet) the line would jump to something like Spurs -15 within seconds of me placing my giant bet. Now, does that mean that the Spurs just got 7.5x better than seconds ago? No. It just means that the house wants more people putting their money on the Cavs. So these lines, although most of the times are close, do not predict the outcome of the game like some people think they do.

Thunder Dan speaketh truly! :toast

ancestron
06-12-2007, 12:32 AM

No no no!!!! It means you put ALL your money on the Spurs, smoke a few cigs, and anticipate your obscene payout.

DDS4
06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
This is why you bet on the Spurs before the playoffs even started. :)

caŽlo
06-12-2007, 05:04 AM
betting wise... this is very tempting. logic suggests to put all your money, house, car, wife, gf, dog on the spurs. but im not feeling so good about the spurs n game 3. the cavs are against the wall.. they will do anything and everything not to let this one go 3-0 because its certainly over if it does.

over/under is much safer.

both teams just need to score above 89 points. they even surpassed this on game 2

last game it was 174.5 i bet a hell lot on over and im a happy happy man now. hehe

Soul_Patch
06-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Game 3 is definately a game the Spurs should loose.

That said i think they are going into it with that same mentality, and will play lights out tonight.

I expect them to be on fire tonight, and ready to put this series to bed. They dont want another Utah game 3, or an 05 pistons series.

Spurs in 4.

Thunder Dan
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Odds makers take in so much when preparing initial odds. One of the things I'm sure they looked at is that Cleveland lost to the Pistons in games 1&2 and won game 3 at home. Now, the Spurs are not the Pistons, but it would be somethnig some people would bet on just for that, which relates to my previous post about this.

I have looked though and on a handicapping website I use, 5/7 of them are picking Cleveland and the OVER for game 3.

Soul_Patch
06-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I have looked though and on a handicapping website I use, 5/7 of them are picking Cleveland and the OVER for game 3.

Definately a very safe bet. If the spurs are going to loose in this series, tonight will be the night. I put 400 v-dollars on em to cover though :) If it was real money, id probably be putting it on cleveland and the pts...im not sure what the over/under is though.

Thunder Dan
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Definately a very safe bet. If the spurs are going to loose in this series, tonight will be the night. I put 400 v-dollars on em to cover though :) If it was real money, id probably be putting it on cleveland and the pts...im not sure what the over/under is though.

178.5 which if the Cavs are going to win has to be the Over. I don't think they win a grind it out game with the Spurs becuase thier halfcourt offense and defense is much better. If the Cavs are to win, it will be with fast break and transition points like they did in the 4th quarter on Sunday

CavsSuperFan
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070610/capt.sge.lxq70.100607235138.photo00.photo.default-512x337.jpg
.............Spurs................................ ............Cavs.........

degenerate_gambler
06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't touch the side tonite at all..

SA has a history of Game 3 letdowns after going up 2-0 in a series. Since 1999 they are 2-8 SU and 1-9 ATS in Game 3 scenarios. And in the last 5 seasons they are 1-6 SU and 0-7 ATS in Game 3's.

hater
06-12-2007, 10:19 AM

BIG SHOT ROB