PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for Game 2...

Fast Dunk
06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Worse than Game 1.

The NBA Finals beat the Tony Awards :clap

ABC took the lead at 9 p.m. with Game 2 of the NBA Finals, 5.0/9. The Tony Awards dipped slightly to 4.2/7. A "Friday Night Lights" rerun on NBC averaged 2.4/4, tying in households with FOX's "Family Guy," 2.7/5, and another episode of "The Loop," 2.2/4 (FOX had more viewers). The CW finished its night with "Supernatural."

Ratings for Game 1 were 6.3/11

AnkleBreaker21
06-11-2007, 11:37 PM
who cares

Fast Dunk
06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I do

AnkleBreaker21
06-11-2007, 11:39 PM
well blame your team

Fast Dunk
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I blame the San Antonio Spurs..

They always draw poor ratings no matter who they play.

Got2bHilikus
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
well blame your team

that is all there is left to say about that :clap

Tek_XX
06-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I thought America loved Lebron, i guess not.

dbreiden83080
06-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Let me say this real SLOW. This is as much about Lebron as it is about the Spurs. He is not JORDAN, no matter how much the media kisses his arrogant ASS. Everyone said ratings will be good because Lebron is here and they are not which means the public does not view him as a star, only the media does. Why were last years Superbowl ratings bigger than when the Pats were in the Superbowl? Because the public loves Peyton Manning more than Tom Brady. Stars make ratings PERIOD!! That is reality my friend whether you want to accept it or not.

Vito Corleone
06-11-2007, 11:49 PM

then why did the pheonix series have such high ratings?

Fact is everyone knows Cleveland is nothing more than a JV team and no one outside of Ohio and Texas is that interested in seeing San Antonio beat the crap out of a team on the level of the special olympics.

Trainwreck2100
06-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Cause when people flipped over the saw the score, and who likes watching a rape?

jbspurs
06-12-2007, 12:07 AM
then why did the pheonix series have such high ratings?

Fact is everyone knows Cleveland is nothing more than a JV team and no one outside of Ohio and Texas is that interested in seeing San Antonio beat the crap out of a team on the level of the special olympics.

:lol :lol :downspin:

Vito Corleone
06-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Cause when people flipped over the saw the score, and who likes watching a rape?

I wouldn't call it a rape, it was more like watching those discovery channel programs about the Killer Whales and the baby seals, where you watch the killer whales playing with the seals before they eat them, at one point you think is the seal going to get away then the whale bites his head off.

Yea, it's a bit like that.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
how did sopranos do?

MannyIsGod
06-12-2007, 12:33 AM

They always draw poor ratings no matter who they play.I guess the new way to crack on the Spurs. You gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Too bad they don't throw parades for high ratings.

cherylsteele
06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I do
I think this would be the least of your concerns as a fan...I would think you first concern would be why are the Cavs losing games not viewers.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2007, 12:35 AM

They always draw poor ratings no matter who they play.you are so fucking pathetic... your team is getting its ass handed to them and all you can worry about is ratings?... again... pathetic

vander
06-12-2007, 12:36 AM
thats hilarious, cavs fan coming here whining about ratings.
everyone already knows that the Spurs don't draw viewers, if any extra/casual viewers were going to tune in, it would be for LeBron,

so Lebron fails to shine, fails to draw an audience, falls down 0-2; and cavs fan still comes in here like "you guys are ruining the ratings of our finals, stop it, get out"

I wish we could have played Chicago, that would have been far more interesting, more competitive, better basketball, and it probably would have even gotten better ratings.

Johnny RIngo
06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
The whole country thinks Lebron and the Cavs are boring. Even Nets-Spurs and Pistons-Spurs drew better rating than this Cavs series which proves that Lebron isn't bringing in any viewers.

cornbread
06-12-2007, 01:03 AM

The Cavs have drawn low ratings in 100% of their Finals games. As a team they might have the lowest average Finals ratings in the history of the league, yes, even lower than the Spurs.

jaffies
06-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Worse than Game 1.

The NBA Finals beat the Tony Awards :clap

When in the fuck are you gonna stop making threads that are already being discussed?

There is a massive thread about the TV ratings for the finals (that you didn't start):

ON PAGE ONE YOU ATTENTION WHORE! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70494)

You need to come to the self-realization that you are not original, you coat-tail other people's ideas, and you're an inexplicable idiot...no wonder you're a bandwagon Cavs fan.

This is the 2nd time (that I care to know of) that you have pulled this shit. I said this almost exact same shit there as I am saying here. YOU'RE TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY to post this shit in the original thread because no one will find it and discover the fact that you grew up around power lines.

Your original post was boring, redundant, brought absolutely no opinion and obviously doesn't warrant a new thread that smells of shit.

Get the fuck out.

Witness.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-12-2007, 01:06 AM
if you're not a Spurs fan, there was no reason to watch that game

who would want to see a complete blow out, + the Cavs are the WORST team to watch itn eh NBA

cole
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
if the biggest criticism against this spurs team is that they don't do well in tv ratings ...

wow, what a hell of a team.

SouthernFried
06-12-2007, 01:49 AM
If the CALVES could compete with the SPURS, it might be interesting.

Spurs make other teams look like shit. And very few people really like seeing shitty looking teams.

So yeah, it really is the Spurs fault.

sorry man.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2007, 02:28 AM
If the CALVES could compete with the SPURS, it might be interesting.

Spurs make other teams look like shit. And very few people really like seeing shitty looking teams.

So yeah, it really is the Spurs fault.

sorry man.

WRONG. Jordan in his prime could have played a JV girls basketball team and people would have tuned in. The Spurs are underappreciated but Lebron is NOT the star that the media treats him like. If he was the ratings would be quite good.

jaespur21
06-12-2007, 02:36 AM
wow cav fan completely owned......Plus i agree its on lebron 4 not bringin in Xtra fans

OldDirtMcGirt
06-12-2007, 02:41 AM
If anything you could blame San Antonio for being to damn good. Maybe they should start Matt Bonner or something just to make it interesting.

whottt
06-12-2007, 02:44 AM
These two teams don't have large nationwide fanbases...no one cares to tune into the early games knowing ther series won't be decided, just to watch two teams and players they have no emotional stake in following...

I expect the ratings to pick up as the series nears it's conclusion and the games become more interesting and meaningful to the casual fan(although a sweep probably won't help).

To watch the non-decisive games you pretty much have to be a fan of that team and for it to be high rated there has to be a lot of you.....that's not going to happen with the Spurs(although internationally I have a feeling they are a better draw than most realize), or the Cavs.

Extra Stout
06-12-2007, 09:30 AM

You need to improve your trolling technique. An actual Cavs fan would not obsess solely about things like low ratings. My troll characters are not nearly so obvious.

CubanMustGo
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
If anything you could blame San Antonio for being to damn good. Maybe they should start Matt Bonner or something just to make it interesting.

We tried, but we waited until the fourth quarter when we had a lineup of Barry, Elson, Oberto, Vaughn, and Ginobili. Maybe we should have put Red Rocket in Gino's place, it was obvious Gino didn't belong out there with the scrubs.

LEONARD
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Going up against a live UFC event on Spike TV tonight... :ihit

sa_butta
06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
maybe other fans are just tired of us winning all the time. Hate the players not the game.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Cav Fan should be happy nobody is seeing this. Higher ratings would make you even more of a laughingstock.

smeagol
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I do
So what goes on on the basketball court is of no interest to you.

Ratings is what matters :rolleyes

What a moron.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Low ratings is not a valid criticism. It would be if the Finals were a popularity contest, which is the only way the Cavs might have a prayer of winning the series. I'm sure that Sarver will push for the owners to review that rule in the offseason as well.

smeagol
06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Cav Fan should be happy nobody is seeing this. Higher ratings would make you even more of a laughingstock.
You're mean . . . you know that?

Davidicus
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM

this man speaks the truth

The_Worlds_finest
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
David Stern even said himself television ratings will never be the same when one can log on to the web and watch the games plus highlights. Television ratings only matter for those with small penises

cherylsteele
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
You hate the ratings now? It seems like there a alot of teams in the league trying to duplicate the Spurs system.....just think...will more Spurs-like teams will help the ratings?

I don't have a problem with the ratings mind you.....but those who do will not be happy in the future it seems.

BigBeezie
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Lebron is not pulling good ratings because everyone saw this as a lost cause for him. Most people thought he would lose in this series....so the average American idiot figures they shouldn't watch.