PDA

View Full Version : FinleyBarry, will we need them to score

Fabbs
06-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm only talking shooting here.
Combined, they've completely sucked vs Cleveland.

Everything else aside, will we need at least one of them to score to win the series? Or are we playing so much better then the Cavs, it won't matter?

Fins has clearly been 2007 playoff great, much better then Barry up until this series. That said, please. Lets not have another Fin Sniffers Club vs Barry 2005 ringwearer argument.
I just want to know if you think we will need one or both of them to score.

greens
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm only talking shooting here.
Combined, they've completely sucked vs Cleveland.

Everything else aside, will we need at least one of them to score to win the series? Or are we playing so much better then the Cavs, it won't matter?

Fins has clearly been 2007 playoff great, much better then Barry up until this series. That said, please. Lets not have another Fin Sniffers Club vs Barry 2005 ringwearer argument.
I just want to know if you think we will need one or both of them to score.

Honestly, I have faith in Fin finding his shot once again. But he did hurt his back and had back pains just recently. So I think that is hurting him a bit. Plus this is his first Finals...However, I do think he'll do better. And we need him to at least score. He set a record for 3s in the Denver series. It would be great to see that again.

As for Barry, I just don't know...He hasn't been good at all during this playoffs. I would actually prefer a lot less minutes for him for Game 3. Just cuz, his Game 2 performance...was just really really bad. 3 Consecutive 3s that didn't go in, some were airballs...led to the big Cavs run. Plus he didn't even take off the time from the clock to shoot them...and when you have a BIG lead, your main purpose is to use up those 24 seconds, not shoot after 4 seconds...

So I'd say it would be great to see Fin find his shot again. And I hope he does. It is after all his first Finals, and I'm sure he wants to be good during it. I just don't know at all what we can expect from Barry anymore...

As for do we NEED one of them to score, I'd say yes. At least for Fin to score. But I think if Tony/Manu/Tim continue to score like they are doing, and if Bruce/Robert keep doing their thing, it's not exactly "really" needed for Fin or Barry to score so many shots in a way. But it's always good to have some of the supporting cast stepping up. It always help.

Johnny RIngo
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Dirk rubbed some of his choking mojo off on Finley with those text messages. That German pansy should stop tyring to jinx us.

Rustyman
06-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Completely agree. One of the big 3 will have a below par performance in Game 3. :bang

The Cavs defence WILL improve at home and I think Finley will have to come up big if the Spurs are to win this one. I've given up on Barry. I don't think he has the mojo anymore.
:fro :smokin

TampaDude
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
I've given up on Barry. I don't think he has the mojo anymore.

Ginobili is hogging all the magnets... :lol

41times
06-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Its like i have been saying for 3 years......Don't count on Mike for anything. He has not been a big game player for 3 years. He has had a moment or two but for the most part all you have to do is check his numbers and 2 pts per game and 2 rebounds per game in 17 mpg game say all you need to know.

Besides, you guys do not need Mike to have a good game to win. If the the Big 3 score 70 pts you only need another 20-25 points from the entire rest of the team to win a game.

So forget about Fin and Barry and worry about "Parcunobli" doing their thing again and you will be just fine.

spurs1990
06-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Are you fucking joking? Have you watched Finley in the first three series this year? or maybe game 6 vs your guys last year?

Finley is clutch, proven to me time and again, and I chalk up his struggles to Finals jitters, thats all.

As for tonight, Spurs should win easily...don't see this Cleveland squad giving SA any trouble.

lebomb
06-12-2007, 08:31 AM
A
As for tonight, Spurs should win easily...don't see this Cleveland squad giving SA any trouble.

You cant be serious.............. :rolleyes

Cleveland will look totally different at home believe me.

That being said......I pray you are right :elephant

ATXSPUR
06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Screw scoring. We would get more points if fin barry and vaughn didnt shoot at all and passed. That is probably about 8 extra points in a game if those guys pass instead of shoot.

MadDog73
06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
This will be a close one.

But as long as we have Manu, Horry or Bowen hitting clutch threes, do we really even need Finley or Barry?

Not saying it wouldn't be nice if they show up, just saying I don't think our success hinges on them.

SAGambler
06-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I think tonight it is imperitive that Fin come out early and come out hot.

I think they are going to try their best to take Tony's game away. Not saying they will, because we all know that is going to be hard to do, but if they had to contend with Fin lighting them up from beyond the arc, they would have to concentrate less on Tony.

This is a game where Fin needs to earn the bucks......and earn the ring he is finally going to get.

I also look for another hustle, hustle, hustle type game from Horry. I think maybe he has decided he wants to make one more run next year, and he is going to hustle his ass off to show that he still can be a force on the court.

ambchang
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Bruce and Manu were the only one who shot well in the 1st game (2/4 and 3/5), in game 2, Manu was the only one making shots from 3 (4/6, well Tony was 1/1, but he rarely shoots, and Horry was 1/2, but that's only 1 3 pter). It has nothing to do with players choking or bad back, but with the fact that the Cavs have the long athletic players to close out on the perimeter on spot up shooters. Manu get those shots because he can drive to the basket when the defenders close out on him.
This could possibly change if the Cavs decide to pack the lanes even more in Games 3 and 4 in hopes of containing Parker and Ginobili.

41times
06-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Screw scoring. We would get more points if fin barry and vaughn didnt shoot at all and passed. That is probably about 8 extra points in a game if those guys pass instead of shoot.

Here is a guy who knows what he's talking about. Pass the freaking ball to Parcunobli and let one of those 3 guys shoot. Not that's a PLAN!

greens
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Bruce and Manu were the only one who shot well in the 1st game (2/4 and 3/5), in game 2, Manu was the only one making shots from 3 (4/6, well Tony was 1/1, but he rarely shoots, and Horry was 1/2, but that's only 1 3 pter). It has nothing to do with players choking or bad back, but with the fact that the Cavs have the long athletic players to close out on the perimeter on spot up shooters. Manu get those shots because he can drive to the basket when the defenders close out on him.
This could possibly change if the Cavs decide to pack the lanes even more in Games 3 and 4 in hopes of containing Parker and Ginobili.

Actually, Brent had at least FOUR wide open 3 point shots in Game 2. And he didn't make them. It was also during which time the Cavs made their run. So I don't think it has much to do with how the Cavs are guarding 3 point shooters, but the fact that Brent and Fin are missing them...especially Brent, cuz his were wide open shots.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
finley better fucking show up tonight

he was givin jack shit to the Spurs in GM1 and Gm2

with Manu and Parker primed to have worse games tonight, he better hit the damn open 3

Borosai
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Finley will score 18 points tonight while shooting 4-6 from 3.

Book it long, and book it hard.

Fabbs
06-13-2007, 12:32 AM
We needed both of their scoring.