PDA

View Full Version : how do u take a Spurs loss better? drunk or sober?

nkdlunch
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I can't decide which is better. drunk I might break something but then forget about the loss minutes later. Sober I will be more calm, but pain will last longer :elephant

I think cavs will win tonight so I can't decide if get drunk or stay sober :pctoss

MadDog73
06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Being drunk doesn't help me take a loss well at all...

in fact, it feels worse. Tonight I'm just gonna try to enjoy the game, win or lose.

Avitus1
06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
If you get good and drunk maybe you can just slump off to sleep before you break something.

LavaLamp
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Tonight I'm just gonna try to enjoy the game, win or lose.

I try to have that attitude at every game as well. Even if the beautiful plays are made by the opposing team, as a basketball fan, you just gotta admire it. So even if the team you are rooting for loses, you still hope that your players play well, strive to win, and show some class.

The only time I really hate a game is if players act shamefully and without sportmanship.

nkdlunch
06-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Tonight I'm just gonna try to enjoy the game, win or lose.

good idea. I will just have a good wine or something.

But if+when it comes time to celebrate the championship...I'm gonna be ducking frunk!!!

Shaolin-Style
06-12-2007, 01:40 PM
sober and killing people in video games.

MadDog73
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
good idea. I will just have a good wine or something.

But if+when it comes time to celebrate the championship...I'm gonna be ducking frunk!!!

:toast I'm with you there, buddy!

cole
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
drunk and yelling

J.T.
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
sober and killing people in video games.

winner

MrChug
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Drunk, naked and eating cheetos.

MadDog73
06-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Drunk, naked and eating cheetos.

:lol TMI

thispego
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
i get drunk for games anticipating a victory. I take swigs of beer for every good/exceptional play the spurs execute. If they end up losing, i'm not all that drunk. If they win, i'm usually pretty boozed. If the spurs blow out an opponent? i am usually pretty tanked.

BigBeezie
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I am always afraid that if I get REALLY drunk and the Spurs lose, then I might hurt someone.

BigBeezie
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
i get drunk for games anticipating a victory. I take swigs of beer for every good/exceptional play the spurs execute. If they end up losing, i'm not all that drunk. If they win, i'm usually pretty boozed. If the spurs blow out an opponent? i am usually pretty tanked.

Well, based on your tecnique, I would assume you were drunk before halftime last Sunday. :toast

thispego
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, based on your tecnique, I would assume you were drunk before halftime last Sunday. :toast
:drunk

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Personally, I have two little boys who don't give a shit about basketball and look forward to having me play with them after the game. If I couldn't enjoy doing that, win or lose, I'd never watch basketball again. I won't be ruled so completely by something so completely out of my control.

duncan228
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Personally, I have two little boys who don't give a shit about basketball and look forward to having me play with them after the game. If I couldn't enjoy doing that, win or lose, I'd never watch basketball again. I won't be ruled so completely by something so completely out of my control.

:tu :clap :toast

MadDog73
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM

so, that would be "sober" then. :spin

My little one is too young to be staying up until 11 pm.

Luckily, he's a heavy sleeper...

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
so, that would be "sober" then.

:lmao I almost spit pepsi on the computer screen. I guess it wouldn't matter if I were drunk or sober, because the loss only bugs me immediately after the game. Last year I considered not watching because I knew what was going to happen against Dallas and couldn't enjoy any of the games, and found myself dreading having to think about it. Didn't help that I live in Dallas.

My little one is too young to be staying up until 11 pm.

Luckily, he's a heavy sleeper...
Both of mine stay up late. It'll be hell when they start school.

TampaDude
06-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Being drunk doesn't help me take a loss well at all...

in fact, it feels worse. Tonight I'm just gonna try to enjoy the game, win or lose.

Ditto...I hate it when the Spurs lose, especially if I've been drinking...talk about a buzzkill... :lol

dbreiden83080
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I get wasted almost every day so Drunk either way for sure. :drunk