PDA

View Full Version : Rome gives us props, two douches call us boring

fuckespn
06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
On Rome is Burning in the forum, Rome gives us major props and says how good of a team we are, and how good parker is and how he is getting better, one of the other douches says we're boring because "Duncan is boring, and Ginobili is going bald" And the other one said tony is good in this system and duncan is "the most boring great player ever" I guess I missed all Larry Bird's and Kevin Mchale's Foul Line Dunks

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I saw that...one of those douches said Tony was a "good player on a great team".

:wtf

leemajors
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
i have to give you props for being able to look at rome's face and not immediately change the channel.

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
ESPN is the only channel worth watching at this hour here in fabulous Monahans, TX.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
On Rome is Burning in the forum, Rome gives us major props and says how good of a team we are, and how good parker is and how he is getting better, one of the other douches says we're boring because "Duncan is boring, and Ginobili is going bald" And the other one said tony is good in this system and duncan is "the most boring great player ever" I guess I missed all Larry Bird's and Kevin Mchale's Foul Line Dunks

My god what is the deal with people always saying Duncan is boring? To talk to at times yes he can be but what is boring about watching him play? People are so fucking stupid, who is the great PF to watch tell me who? What do they do that Duncan does not that is so fucking thrilling.

Extra Stout
06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
My god what is the deal with people always saying Duncan is boring? To talk to at times yes he can be but what is boring about watching him play? People are so fucking stupid, who is the great PF to watch tell me who? What do they do that Duncan does not that is so fucking thrilling.
1) No primal screams
2) No mugging for the camera
3) No chest bumps
4) No off-court drama
5) Doesn't call out teammates or coaches in the media
6) Has no posse
7) No funny commercials where he plays an old guy

dbreiden83080
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
1) No primal screams
3) No chest bumps
4) No off-court drama
6) Has no posse

So basically Duncan has to become a classless piece of shit and then he will get props.

duncan228
06-12-2007, 04:36 PM
So basically Duncan has to become a classless piece of shit and then he will get props.

And street cred! :lol

fuckespn
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
We gotta get Duncan set up with some Dog fighting

judaspriestess
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
1) No primal screams
3) No chest bumps
4) No off-court drama
6) Has no posse

Off court drama including but not limited to:
No alleged rape charges
No drugs in cars
No carrying of illegal weapons on to planes/clubs etc
No starving animals
No beating the wife

Illgauskas is seriously going bald, anyone bring that one up? How stupid is it to bring up someone going bald

Extra Stout
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
God Bless America.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2007, 05:50 PM
why is it that someone who voices an opinion different from a listener's own viewpoint is almost invariably labeled a "douche" these days?

I'm honestly curious about that.

SenorSpur
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
On his national radio show on Monday, Rome issued the following statement - which I'm paraphrasing:

"I don't have to guess how the rest of this series is going to turn out. In fact, I'll fast forward onto next season. The Spurs will repeat as champions in '08.

fuckespn
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
why is it that someone who voices an opinion different from a listener's own viewpoint is almost invariably labeled a "douche" these days?

Calling a team boring because of one man's baldness qualifies as a douchebag in my book

medstudent
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
ESPN is the only channel worth watching at this hour here in fabulous Monahans, TX.

what you doing out in west tx? i thought all you guys were mavs fans

K-State Spur
06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
There's this theory continually thrown around by the media that all he does is hit bank shots all day long (nevermind that he struggled with his bank shot the 2 years prior to this and still put up solid numbers in the regular season and spectacular numbers in the playoffs). He dunks more than Dirk, Bosh, or Rasheed. He blocks more shots than AK-47, Ben Wallace, or Dwight Howard.

I'll say it - those who find his play boring on the court are small minded idiots who are likely entertained by shiny things that spout catch-phrases.

Extra Stout
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Look, screw America. It's in decline anyway.

MizzouSpur
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow,I myself enjoy watching a team play like a team. TD is a great player,gets it done in all phases of the game.

medstudent
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Look, screw America. It's in decline anyway.

true dat

Extra Stout
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
BTW, when I say "screw America," I mean the American people, not American ideals. The U.S.A. is the one exception to the maxim "people get the government they deserve."

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
what you doing out in west tx? i thought all you guys were mavs fans

Delivering chips. And all of the West Texians (?) I've run into so far have nothing but props for the Spurs. I'm allowed to blow off company uniform rules (basically anything with a Frito/Pepsico logo on it) since the Spurs are in the Finals.

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 06:27 PM

All they had to say was "The Spurs are boring, this series is boring, Tim Duncan is boring, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, etc."

Sounded an awful lot to me like "vinegar and water, vinegar and water, vinegar, vinegar, vinegar, water, water, water, etc."

Hence, the douchebag label.

dimsah
06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
1) No primal screams
3) No chest bumps
4) No off-court drama
6) Has no posse
There was a commercial TD did a couple of years ago that played off
his stoicism? It was a car commercial and had him haggling with the sales guy.
The sales guy would make an offer an Tim would give his blank stare then the guy would lower the price. When the salesman hit the price Tim wanted he looked away and then you see Tim get this huge grin until the salesman looked back. Anyone remember that? I thought it was really funny.

BlackFlagg
06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
1) No primal screams
3) No chest bumps
4) No off-court drama
6) Has no posse

:lol :lol :lol

medstudent
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Delivering chips. And all of the West Texians (?) I've run into so far have nothing but props for the Spurs. I'm allowed to blow off company uniform rules (basically anything with a Frito/Pepsico logo on it) since the Spurs are in the Finals.

nice!

plus those west tx blondies are hot

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
BTW, when I say "screw America," I mean the American people, not American ideals. The U.S.A. is the one exception to the maxim "people get the government they deserve."
Thank you for the clarification. You avoided an unnecessary fight with an undermatched but angry opponent. :)

judaspriestess
06-12-2007, 07:33 PM

its douche nozzle :)

ClingingMars
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM

it's mans natural tendency to insult those who disagree with them on topics that they feel strongly about.

-Mars

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I have to agree that if someone actually said the Spurs are boring because Manu is going bald, then that person is probably a douche...

rasho8
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Off court drama including but not limited to:
No alleged rape charges
No drugs in cars
No carrying of illegal weapons on to planes/clubs etc
No starving animals
No beating the wife

Illgauskas is seriously going bald, anyone bring that one up? How stupid is it to bring up someone going bald

Dont forget speeding, running stop signs and killing friends.
Thats a fuckin sad story, but how stupid can you be? Put on a god damned seatbelt and follow the traffic laws.

Anyway both those bastards are giant douches. No one watches San Antonio play because they get tired of watching us beat their teams brains out with solid basketball.

Sucks to be them.

Strike
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
There was a commercial TD did a couple of years ago that played off
his stoicism? It was a car commercial and had him haggling with the sales guy.
The sales guy would make an offer an Tim would give his blank stare then the guy would lower the price. When the salesman hit the price Tim wanted he looked away and then you see Tim get this huge grin until the salesman looked back. Anyone remember that? I thought it was really funny.

I remember that! That was freaking hilarious!