PDA

View Full Version : Where's Walton?

sa_kid20
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Was wondering what happen to Bill Walton. Is he still with ABC? Haven't seen or heard from him during the Finals

nkdlunch
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
he probably got fired for doing too much crystal meth

CubanMustGo
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I dunno but he predicts the Cavs will win tonight:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/06/walton_predicts_cavs_win.html

itzsoweezee
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
he's on the nba postgame show on espn, along w/ carlisle, mashburn, and a couple other people.

Buddy Holly
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Who needs him, we have Mark Jackson doing the games. :cry

judaspriestess
06-12-2007, 05:17 PM
:lol He is in Cleveland, what does anyone expect the guy to say?

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I dunno but he predicts the Cavs will win tonight:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/06/walton_predicts_cavs_win.html

everyone on ESPN has picked them to win

Switchman
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
WORST COMMENTATOR EVER!

He bashed the Spurs every god damn year we played the Lakers. He flip flops like no other. I want to rip my ears off when he does one of our games.

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I heard him on ESPN radio last Sunday morning. Apparently he's doing the ESPN radio broadcast.

The big buffoon had nothing but praise for the Spurs and Coach Pop.

Creation88
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
he makes me want to take a rusty razorblade to my wrist.

Switchman
06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I heard him on ESPN radio last Sunday morning. Apparently he's doing the ESPN radio broadcast.

The big buffoon had nothing but praise for the Spurs and Coach Pop.

Once it's obvious the Spurs are great he flops to their side. When everyone was still amazed by the Lakers 3+ years ago he did nothing but praise Horry's defense and bash bowen during the entire games. He would bash parker's style, then the next play Parker would do something amazing and Walton was all over him. Horrible, he makes me sick.

AlamoSpursFan
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I wasn't defending the schmuck. I can't stand him. I was just answering the question posed in the thread.

Mt.Spur
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
usc greatest team in history owned by horns
lebron james the second coming of his greatness owned by spurs
espn gotta love it.

The Great Fantastic
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Walton makes me laugh. A lot.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
He loves the NBA and is enthusiastic about the playoffs. He's bad for bad ratings.

Leetonidas
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I love Bill Walton. He is hilarious and listening to his constant flip flopping is great. I enjoy when he is commentating for us.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I love Bill Walton. He is hilarious and listening to his constant flip flopping is great. I enjoy when he is commentating for us.
He doesn't take himself seriously, he has no loyalty to any team, any player, or any viewpoint, even his own. He lives in the moment, watches the game like a fan and is the most fun, by far, of any color commentator in sports. Put him, Jeff Van Gundy and Bobby Czyz on every NBA game and I'll be happy.

Manu Pacquiao
06-13-2007, 12:40 AM
He doesn't take himself seriously, he has no loyalty to any team, any player, or any viewpoint, even his own. He lives in the moment, watches the game like a fan and is the most fun, by far, of any color commentator in sports. Put him, Jeff Van Gundy and Bobby Czyz on every NBA game and I'll be happy.

I dont understand why you guys dont see what he does. Everything he does as a commentator helps lure in new fans of the sport. He makes the broadcasts funny and lively, with a lot of hyperbole, exaggerations and zaniness. People who dont really watch NBA basketball will get more interested about the game, with the way he describes it. He makes the basketball newbie stay watching for a couple more minutes, instead of changing the channel. Maybe in a few more minutes, the game's exciting finish would get the noob hooked by the game itself.

He's "Basketball 101 for Dummies" meets Jim Henson Hour's "The Storyteller"

OldDirtMcGirt
06-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I dont understand why you guys dont see what he does. Everything he does as a commentator helps lure in new fans of the sport. He makes the broadcasts funny and lively, with a lot of hyperbole, exaggerations and zaniness. People who dont really watch NBA basketball will get more interested about the game, with the way he describes it. He makes the basketball newbie stay watching for a couple more minutes, instead of changing the channel. Maybe in a few more minutes, the game's exciting finish would get the noob hooked by the game itself.

Exactly. Him and Van Gundy could've actually made game two watchable.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2007, 01:12 AM
More importantly, where's Walton Buys Off Me?

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Mark Jackson is so bad all of a sudden I miss Hubie Brown.

Strike
06-13-2007, 02:07 AM

Is there any bigger tool besides Stephen Assclown Smith?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Is there any bigger tool besides Stephen Assclown Smith?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/players/809.jpg

Strike
06-13-2007, 02:12 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/players/809.jpg

Touchė

spurscenter
06-13-2007, 02:57 AM
who was the spurs play by play during the season for the spurs?

sean elliot and who else?

tv

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2007, 03:47 AM
walton is on the ST board, posting in your thread

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 09:35 AM

So you are agreeing with me, then. :tu

romsho
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
You don't like Hubie Brown? Blasphemy.

ancestron
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Bill Land i think his name is usually does commentary with Sean Elliott during the reg. season. Sometimes its Dick Stockton but not so much this year because he is getting a little senile. He would say all kinds of incorrect stuff during the broadcast last year.
I'm glad Al Michaels isnt doing the Finals. In 2005 he couldn't have looked or sounded more disinterested in the games. He's more an NFL guy.
I miss Tom Tolbert. He once called Danny Fortson the human foul. :D

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought Dave Barnett came back this year.

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Probably got fired for wearing too much tie dye.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/scorecard/12/14/best.quotes/p1_walton.jpg

smeagol
06-13-2007, 10:41 AM
More importantly, where's Walton Buys Off Me?

Nothing to bitch about . . .

ancestron
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I thought Dave Barnett came back this year.

yeah you're probably right, i dont pay all that much attention. He would be the other white guy with Sean Elliot, right?

ancestron
06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Probably got fired for wearing too much tie dye.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/scorecard/12/14/best.quotes/p1_walton.jpg

:lol
throw it down big man, throw it down.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah you're probably right, i dont pay all that much attention. He would be the other white guy with Sean Elliot, right?
That's reverse racism, and it's my excuse for not having a job...

:lol
throw it down big man, throw it down.
My favorite was "Where would ya like it, Samaki?"