PDA

View Full Version : The refs

SuperFob
06-12-2007, 09:28 PM
As a cavs fan, I'm disappointed at how lopsided the game has been called in the Spurs favor. Lebron was hacked and hacked and hacked with no calls in game 1, and he's now on the bench after another B.S offensive foul in this came.

Just to clear a common misconception about our superstar, Lebron James isn't Dwyane Wade. He doesn't have fouls called for breathing on him.

He has been denied (http://youtube.com/watch?v=baXnhJQlajY) and denied some more (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yKO6naydyiE&mode=related&search=) this year.

Zarko
06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
give it a rest fag... duncan has played less minutes and is on the hook for the same amount of bs fouls.

Blame it all on Delaney.

TampaDude
Uh...TD has 3 and LBJ has 3...quit yer bitchin'...

Sunshine
omg...

give it a break.

really.

just step away from the keyboard and the excuses.

SpursFanInAustin
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
As a cavs fan, I'm disappointed at how lopsided the game has been called in the Spurs favor. Lebron was hacked and hacked and hacked with no calls in game 1, and he's now on the bench after another B.S offensive foul in this came.

Just to clear a common misconception about our superstar, Lebron James isn't Dwyane Wade. He doesn't have fouls called for breathing on him.

He has been denied (http://youtube.com/watch?v=baXnhJQlajY) and denied some more (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yKO6naydyiE&mode=related&search=) this year.

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!MBULANCE

Yeah LeBron's 3rd foul was probably BS, but it made up for the non-call where LeBron clearly nailed Bowen with an elbow to the jaw where the refs just stood there staring. Cancels out.

BigBeezie
Quite your bitchin' you piece of shit. Our best player is riding the pine too!!!

rasho8
Not even halfway through the game.

Cavs try to pull one over and get caught on Tittie shooting free throws when hes not supposed to and youre calling the refs out?

Spurs FTM/A 1 of 6
Cavs FTM/A 5 of 9

Definitely in the Spurs favor.

Jackass.

Strike
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Duncan got fuckin HOSED in the 1st half!
No to mention Lebron's elbows (on Manu in game 2 and Bowen in this game!) have Malone potential!

The reffing has been shitty on BOTH sides.

Maybe Lebron's 3rd foul was weak, but so was Duncan's 1st AND 3rd!

Just shut the fuck up and put on a helmut before you hurt yourself! :bang

zrinkill
06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
The excuses have started already ...... and there is still an entire quarter to play.

Thats why Cleveland has been 40 years without a championship ..... Their fans have no heart and it leaks to their team.

ClingingMars
06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
refs have been terrible on both sides

-Mars

johngateswhiteley
06-12-2007, 10:22 PM
shut up.

G-Money
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
A cav fan complaining about refs? Sorry son but there is only room on this message board for one person to complain about refs and thats ME. And as a matter of fact James got everything he wanted from the refs after game 2 of the ECF so shut the fuck up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Foul calls were even between the two teams (and that's with Cleveland having to foul intentionally twice late).

Suck it.

SuperFob
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with excuses if they are legitimate. The fact is that sometimes, teams win games when they don't deserve to. You're team didn't deserve to win tonight. Not only did Bowen foul Lebron in that last play, he was doing it intentionally. That should've been 3 shots from the line, and I'm confident that Lebron would've made them with the way he was shooting from the line.

You're ring won't mean much, because it has been handed to you.

vander
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I aggree, lebron hasn't been getting the calls I expected he would.

It might be a lot to do with how strong he is and that he doesn't flop. fouls are just tougher to see, he needs to spend some time with varejao, then he will get all those calls

MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
you are so fucking pathetic! basically what you're saying is you can't win unless the refs bail you out! get the fuck out of here

Aggie Hoopsfan
So what's your excuse for the no call when Varejao hacked TD with a minute left, you could hear it on TV, and the refs didn't call the foul?

It all evened out in the end. Quit your crying. LMAO at any dumbass who wants to say it won't mean much because of one play in one game.

td4mvp21
Duncan had 2 free throws. 'Nuff said, bitch. And if the ring was handed to us by anyone, it was your superstar. Bowen denied him the lane several times in the fourth and he choked like a little bitch on wide open jumpers.

Tek_XX
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
That Lebron elbow into Bowen's face is deceptive. Looks incidental but try getting an elbow jacked up into your teeth

samikeyp
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with excuses if they are legitimate. The fact is that sometimes, teams win games when they don't deserve to. You're team didn't deserve to win tonight. Not only did Bowen foul Lebron in that last play, he was doing it intentionally. That should've been 3 shots from the line, and I'm confident that Lebron would've made them with the way he was shooting from the line.

So the refs caused Cleveland to shoot 37%?

If LeBron hits the two wide open 3's he missed...this would be irrelevant.

Don't be Suns fan. Players win and lose games.

ajh18
There were some absolutely, BLATANT calls that went in the Cavs favor tonight. Numerous hacks on Duncan, and ginobili being called for a charge, with Lebron then getting to shoot on virtually the exact same play a few minutes later. The 3rd Duncan foul was at least as dubious as Lebron's third. The last shot WAS a blown call i thought... even though LeBron is being a man about it and calling it incidental contact. Props to him. But there were plenty of others that went the Cavs way too.

Obstructed_View
Superfob sounds just like some of you guys whining about the calls. LBJ has a shitload of class. Not blaming the officials for the call.

samikeyp
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
LeBron is at the podium right now and the press was trying to bait him into bitching about the refs. To his credit, LeBron is not having any of it.

True class. :tu

dimsah
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure Lebron would have missed the free throws,
since I can guess as well as the next guy.

And the ring will still be sweet.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Officiating didn't cost Cleveland tonight. The fact that they missed multiple layups, combined with some phenomenal 3 point shooting by the Spurs decided tonight's game. Period.

jag
Cavs fan = Suns fan....?

Strike

Hey fuckstick, how many 3's did the Cavs miss tonight? How shitty did the Cavs play when the Spurs went 4 minutes without a point? How shitty did the Cavs play DESPITE the fact that the Spurs big 3 played HORRIBLE!!!!

The ring won't mean much? Why? Because the Cavs played like shit or because the Cavs played like shit?

Fuck you, you sorry heap of maggot shit.

Excuses rob you of your power and induce apathy.

You want to be an excuse giving cunt, go right fucking ahead. I don't hear Lebron James whining so you can shut your fucking mouth.

Darkwaters
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
LeBron is at the podium right now and the press was trying to bait him into bitching about the refs. To his credit, LeBron is not having any of it.

True class. :tu

I agree. That was an obvious foul and LeBron deserved to at least get a shot to send it to OT (although, I see him choking on at least one of them). But still, he deserved a shot. He didn't get it, and I respect him not bitching about the fact.

florige
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Cavs fan = Suns fan....?

Yep, sounds like them. They are the only morons still crying about how the rings don't mean much. Im pretty convinced that its a pathetic Suns fan trying to will himself to sleep tonight. :lol

Darkwaters
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Handed to us by LeBron, not the refs. LeBron had plenty of opportunities to make shots and never did down the stretch. Don't be a bitch.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Go look at the game blog when Duncan got his second and third fouls. Look at all the threads that started before the game about how the Spurs were gonna get screwed by the officials. Surprise, they didn't. So much for conspiracy theories.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Obstructed -

Salvatore still waits in the wings. Looks like game 4 will be the FT shooting contest.

T Park
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
That blown non foul call on Varajeo on Duncan witha minute left was absolutely sickening.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Obstructed -

Salvatore still waits in the wings. Looks like game 4 will be the FT shooting contest.
If you keep making the same prediction, you've gotta be right eventually.

SuperFob
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
So the refs caused Cleveland to shoot 37%?

If LeBron hits the two wide open 3's he missed...this would be irrelevant.

Don't be Suns fan. Players win and lose games.
37% my ass. Lebron got fouled. He should've had a chance to tie the game, but he didn't.

We probably wouldn't have won the series even if we won this game, but it gets irritating when people call Lebron a "golden child" when, in fact, he gets snubbed on a regular basis.

SuperFob
06-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Handed to us by LeBron, not the refs. LeBron had plenty of opportunities to make shots and never did down the stretch. Don't be a bitch.
Pipe-smoking much? I guess that two and-one plays in a row and 12 (could've been 15) fourth quarter points doesn't amount to much, eh?

Strike
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
37% my ass. Lebron got fouled. He should've had a chance to tie the game, but he didn't.

We probably wouldn't have won the series even if we won this game, but it gets irritating when people call Lebron a "golden child" when, in fact, he gets snubbed on a regular basis.

Yeah because no Cavaliers fan has put Lebron on an as yet undeserved pedestal, have they? I'm sure you don't have a huge man crush on him, do you?

Fuck you and fuck your whining shit-ass takes.

FromWayDowntown
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Pipe-smoking much? I guess that two and-one plays in a row and 12 (could've been 15) fourth quarter points doesn't amount to much, eh?

Want to win the game? Don't give it up to Varejao in the last 20 seconds hoping that he can make a move on Duncan from 15 feet and tie the game.

I'm sure the Cavs' loss tonight had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Spurs effectively defended Gibson and Pavlovic and forced them to 6-25 from the floor. It really came down to a no-call on a play that is almost never called in the final seconds of a Finals game.

Darkwaters
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM

But it wasn't enough. Was it? LeBron missed a lot of shots that he usually makes down the stretch.

My point is that it's easy to blame the refs. But refs don't decide games. Players do.

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Obstructed -

Salvatore still waits in the wings.
http://www.82games.com/salvatore.jpg

"Sweep? Over my dead body!"

VinnyTestesVerde
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Handed to us? :lol

Pretty funny coming from a fan of a team in the East. Anyone in the West playoffs could have given the Cavs a run for their money. This is what happens when a team fights their way through a weak Eastern Conference, and runs stone cold into a veteran Western Conference Champion. The cards are against you idiot, not the refs. THE CAVS DO NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Why don't you quit blaming everyone else but your team...like LEBRON, and MIKE BROWN?

The Red Hood
06-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Not even halfway through the game.

Cavs try to pull one over and get caught on Tittie shooting free throws when hes not supposed to and youre calling the refs out?

Spurs FTM/A 1 of 6
Cavs FTM/A 5 of 9

Definitely in the Spurs favor.

Jackass.

Really WTF was that all about tittie trying to pull a fast one got alot of balls for a rookie did they count that one?

CubanMustGo
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
They called a "clear path" foul when LeBron had a breakaway; 2 FT's plus possession. Boobie went to the line instead of LeBron and shot the FTs. Should have been a technical foul for the wrong guy intentionally trying to take the FTs - but wasn't called.

Boobs made the two FTs but they were wiped out; Bron went 1-2.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with excuses if they are legitimate.

For god's sake, save yourself some trouble and just move to Phoenix NOW. :lol

Apparently you didn't watch the game, or you watched it blindfolded. The Spurs are the ones who got fucked on the calls! And we STILL won. What does that tell you?????

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
There has been no end of bitching by fans of both teams. Isn't it a well officiated game if nobody is happy with the calls?

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
There has been no end of bitching by fans of both teams. Isn't it a well officiated game if nobody is happy with the calls?

I would think so.

my2sons
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM

yes bowen intentionally fouled bron bron...but unfortunately he would not be shooting three, only two. he wasn't fouled in the act of shooting so the ring means another trophy. LOSER....

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Lebron would have missed one of the free throws even if he'd been awarded three shots.

WGAF. Game over. Suck me. [/sequ]

Creation88
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
you gotta be fucking kidding me if you think the SPURS got the favorable calls.

Lebron was getting everything he wanted in the paint and TIM had 3 Phantom calls on him. the cavs had EVERY fucking opportunity to win and they still couldn't get it done.

our D came through tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:34 AM
If you keep making the same prediction, you've gotta be right eventually.

Sorry, most folks thought here that we'd see Salvatore in game 3. We were wrong.

You think the league wants to see the 'King' bounced in four?

rr2418
06-13-2007, 12:51 AM

You're right about one thing, Bowen did foul LeBron intentionally, but wrong about the free throws. LeBron would've shot two "not" three free throws! The foul was not in the act of shooting. I myself think the refs wanted LeBron to make a spectacular game tying shot, so you can blame the refs for that!

bresilhac
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM

I've had enough of these Cavalier fans whining about the officiating. There's no guarantee that James would have hit all three foul shots had he been given the call. And secondly there were numerous instances of Spurs getting hacked and smacked in the face with no calls being made. But you don't hear James or the Spurs complaining about it. So be a goddamned man about these losses and accept the fact that San Antonio is so far and away superior to Cleveland that it's ridiculous.

Three down, one to go!!!

Man In Black
06-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Super Fresh Off The Boat-Recognize that it wasn't about that last 3 attempt but really about those horrendous bricks in the paint the Cavs shot. Talk about putting up a wall, those cats should become honorary masons with that shit.
That Sideshow Bob Scoop layup that hit nothing was classic.

klx23
06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
I understand that you all are annoyed by the whining, but don't resort to all the unnecessary name-calling. SuperFob has a case in saying that there is a misconception that LeBron gets all the calls. He was just using tonight as an example.

You all take things to heart so quickly. Just calm down, geez.

jbspurs
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM

Legit excuse?

Your team just don't know how to win! Not calling a time out with 26 sec to go is just dumb! Ginobli didn't score till the closing min and still couldn't beat them.

RING WON'T MEAN MUCH, BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN HANDED TO YOU

after game 3!!! :yield :yield

The_Iceman_Cometh
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
I think we can all agree that NBA officiating is by far the worst in any major professional sport. I believe that intead of the NBA letting officials like Salvatore, Crawford, Nice, and Eddie Rush have tenures comaprable with Supreme Court judges, they should force them out at a certain point.

Having officials in the league that still remember the Laimbeer flops, the hard "Larry Bird on Rambis" fouls and then expect them to focus on new rules that favor no hand checking on the perimeter, no forearm defending in the paint is too much to ask of them. Most of these refs are from a different time and place where hard fouls were not called 'clear path fouls' or 'flagrant 1's and 2's'.

Time for Stern to bring in some newer blood to the officiating circle that is more in tune with how he wants the game to be officiated, just so we can avoid anymore "It is what it is" statements from him.

Strike
06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
I think we can all agree that NBA officiating is by far the worst in any major professional sport. I believe that intead of the NBA letting officials like Salvatore, Crawford, Nice, and Eddie Rush have tenures comaprable with Supreme Court judges, they should force them out at a certain point.

Having officials in the league that still remember the Laimbeer flops, the hard "Larry Bird on Rambis" fouls and then expect them to focus on new rules that favor no hand checking on the perimeter, no forearm defending in the paint is too much to ask of them. Most of these refs are from a different time and place where hard fouls were not called 'clear path fouls' or 'flagrant 1's and 2's'.

Time for Stern to bring in some newer blood to the officiating circle that is more in tune with how he wants the game to be officiated, just so we can avoid anymore "It is what it is" statements from him.

I would LOVE to see the officiating crew in the NBA receive a MAJOR overhaul.
Most of the refs in the league have been doing it so long that they are arrogant and completely closed minded. It's what happens when someone does the same thing for so long. Eventually you become so good at your job (whether you are or you think you are) that it becomes a case of "FUCK YOU LITTLE WHIPPER SNAPPERS I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR DA-DA-DA YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!"

I manage a grocery department. And as a manager, I'm constantly graded on my performance. If I were to consistantly do a shitty job I would be demoted. Why is it that officials in professional sports don't seem to be held up to the same standard?

I understand that mistakes are made. Referees, like us are only fallable humans. But the rate of bad calls/no-calls in every game involving every team in the freaking league is probably the worst rate of efficiency of maybe any professional field.

Basically, it's pathetic.

JamStone
06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
unbelievable ...

There are plenty of bad calls either way in every single fucking basketball game that has ever been played and that ever will be played. The losing team will always complain about them and point out one or several that "could have" changed the course and/or outcome of the game. It will always happen. Get over it.

And, I bet you didn't have a problem when LeBron drove to the basket and then fell down and got two free throws out of it with extremely minimal contact. But, of course people will always look at game defining calls or no-calls.

And, LeBron is not a whiner. I'll give him that. But, I don't know about him not making excuses as him being classy. I think he wants to complain about the calls, especially the last play. But, he's just as concerned about his image as he is about winning. I think it's more pretentious than it is classy. Everyone fucking whines ... everyone. Fuck that "no excuse" motto. He really doesn't want to be a hypocrite though. And, he wants to be viewed as "classy" or not a "whiner." Good for him. To me, instead of holding your breath and allowing your veins to pop out of your forehead, just bitch and complain. We already know what you're thinking and what you want to say.

But, anyway, it's rather satisfying to see LeBron get fewer calls than he did in the Detroit series after game 2. Perhaps he expected to get even more favorable calls now that he was on the biggest stage of them all. LeBron is a great talent, really, really phenomenal. He's just up against a better team.

The refs handed nothing over to the Spurs this game or any other in this series. It's absurd to even intimate that.

spurscenter
06-13-2007, 02:55 AM
spurs are the lakers of the 2000's -2002

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Here's something I haven't seen anyone mention yet. What would they be talking about if they'd called Bowen's foul and James had hit the three and they'd waved it off? Those people would have lost their damn minds. The officials, by not giving the intentional foul, gave the Cavs a chance to win the game on the floor instead of losing it at the foul line.

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Yes but....the excuses aren't legit.

Here's something for you to think about.......the Spurs played one of the their worst playoff games in their history.....but the Cavs had to top that and played even worse....the Spurs still won after playing so poorly.

The Cavs had their chances to take control of the game when the Spurs went cold for about 4 min., so don't blame the refs blame the Cavs offensive play.

That last play was a foul but IMO it was not a shooting foul. The Spurs had a foul to give and Bowen fouled him before the shot, it should have been ball out on the side.....but alas it wasn't called.

You can also blame Gooden for making stupid rookie-like fouls to get fouled out.