PDA

View Full Version : what if the spurs had this brent barry

coachmac87
06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXg-k_1NGMY

bdictjames
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
WOW. I didnt know Barry was this good a playmaker. I thought he just dunked and shot treys.

jag
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Brent Barry has always been an excellent passer. Thanks for the vid.

coachmac87
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Brent Barry has always been an excellent passer. Thanks for the vid.

it shows a little more than just passing if u watched the whole video

Kobulingam
06-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Brent Barry better not be a spur come next season. I'm warning every damn fucking person right now.

~Sweetmelody~
06-13-2007, 11:42 PM
cool video :-)

AnotherArgie
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Time sucks :depressed

AnkleBreaker21
06-13-2007, 11:57 PM
i would rather have the old micheal finley

SANANTOJAMES
06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
alot more highlights we would have

whottt
06-14-2007, 12:12 AM
what if the Spurs had this Brent Barry

They did...Pop yanked him and cut his minutes anytime he attempted to do anything other than instantly jacking up a 3, until he died. Now we are left with a shotchucking zombie that is scared shitless he is going to get benched if he plays anything remotely resembling his game.

Barry was a combo guard with just about every offensive skill you could want, including flash, without the propensity for bonehead plays and bad decisions...

That's not what the Spurs and their fans wanted...they wanted the bastard child of Allen Iverson and Bruce Bowen....since Barry isn't that...he must be a soft choking pussy ass bitch that should be run out of town...

Finley is the man..aint you watching? We won titles with him!

ata
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Word!

timvp
06-14-2007, 05:57 AM
It's easy to be flashy when your team sucks. When you are in the business of winning championships, precision takes the place of flash.

J.T.
06-14-2007, 06:32 AM
It's easy to be flashy when your team sucks. When you are in the business of winning championships, precision takes the place of flash.

I was about to make a post about how much stock you should put in a highlight reel featuring someone in a Clippers uniform...

Honestly I would prefer Barry as a backup to Parker over a lot of guys. But I have a feeling that the Spurs won't go for that and Barry will be gone this summer.

A.H 21-50
06-14-2007, 06:42 AM
remember the pass for elson during game 1 or 2 of the finals

or this one against utah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnN7ub6YgNs

sa_butta
06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
remember the pass for Duncan during game 1 or 2 of the finals

or this one against utah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnN7ub6YgNs

ArgSpursFan
06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Pop yanked him and cut his minutes anytime he attempted to do anything other than instantly jacking up a 3, until he died. Now we are left with a shotchucking zombie that is scared shitless he is going to get benched if he plays anything remotely resembling his game.

Barry is 36 yrs old. how many mins you think Pop can play him?.And Barry aint scared,He just shoots the ball.what else do you want him to do at 36?

That's not what the Spurs and their fans wanted(Barry)...they wanted the bastard child of Allen Iverson and Bruce Bowen....since Barry isn't that...he must be a soft choking pussy ass bitch that should be run out of town...

The fans and the spurs knew that Barry at 32 wasnīt the same athletic,fast and flashy player He USED to be,but they hired him because of his experience,his team oriented game and his outside shot.

Finley is the man..aint you watching? We won titles with him!

He didnīt win any titles YET.
Tonight He will.

Supreme_Being
06-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Barry is 36 yrs old. how many mins you think Pop can play him?.And Barry aint scared,He just shoots the ball.what else do you want him to do at 36?

The fans and the spurs knew that Barry at 32 wasnīt the same athletic,fast and flashy player He USED to be,but they hired him because of his experience,his team oriented game and his outside shot.

He didnīt win any titles YET.
Tonight He will.

...tonight he will.

tmtcsc
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
WTF ? Brent helped us get a title his first season. Ok, it was limited help, but....I think he's had his best season with us so far. We do need to get younger though.

http://www.ezprints.com/Album/images/6/60164245_img.jpg

Russ
06-14-2007, 08:11 AM
J.R. Smith is much better, both on and off the court. And to think the Spurs almost had him instead of this Barry bum. :bang

Darkwaters
06-14-2007, 08:43 AM
WOW. I didnt know Barry was this good a playmaker. I thought he just dunked and shot treys.
How did you not know that? Barry makes some of the most crisp passes of any player on the Spurs. Remember this quick dish to Elson in game 2? The guy has great court vision. Obviously hes lost a step in recent years, but theres a reason why people have been saying he should play more PG and less off the ball.

Darkwaters
06-14-2007, 08:44 AM
J.R. Smith is much better, both on and off the court. And to think the Spurs almost had him instead of this Barry bum. :bang

JR Smith is an idiot. The guy keeps making mistake after mistake and hurting his future in this league. The guy will end of being one of those locker room cancers in a few years. I'd much rather have Barry and his expiring contract which we can trade for something more valuable than Smith's headcase and lockeroom fights.

ploto
06-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Barry was a combo guard with just about every offensive skill you could want, including flash, without the propensity for bonehead plays and bad decisions...

The Spurs brought in Brent to fill a role that did not play to his strengths. They relegated him to standing at the three-point line and catching the ball and shooting. While he IS a good three-point shooter his true value is playmaking and creating for his team with the ball in his hands. He has rarely been given that opportunity on this team. I will NEVER understand why he was a good enough PG to help win the title in 2005 against Detroit, but never given that chance again. Even when he clearly was outplaying Finley, he still never got the minutes he deserved.

SAGambler
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Brent Barry better not be a spur come next season. I'm warning every damn fucking person right now.

I'm quite sure the FO will be in touch will you as soon as they arrive back in town, so you can give them your opinions on player personnel.

smeagol
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Brent is the man!

slacker77
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
JR Smith is an idiot. The guy keeps making mistake after mistake and hurting his future in this league. The guy will end of being one of those locker room cancers in a few years. I'd much rather have Barry and his expiring contract which we can trade for something more valuable than Smith's headcase and lockeroom fights.
Depending on the outcome of recent events,the only bball JR Smith will be
doing might be in jail.