PDA

View Full Version : the cavs lost this game themselves, but ya got away with bloody murder..

Infamous
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
on that last play..LeBron was fouled..

PM5K
06-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Yup, bad non-call on the intentional foul...

Not in the act though...

myhc
i'm thrilled we won the game....but lebron got robbed on that last play.

bigfundamental21
you guys had plenty of chances to take advantage and didn't. you have to live with the calls regardless.

bigfundamental21
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
cavs had plenty of chances to take advantage and didn't. you have to live with the calls regardless.

baseline bum
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Dumbass play by Bruce. That was Stackhouse-esque.

smeagol
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
No way that was in the act of shooting.

So mooto pointo.

baseline bum
Saves LeBron the embarrasment of missing the FTs to send it into OT I guess. That was bad, bad no-call though.

SilverPlayer

Horse shit. That was either a great play by bowen, there was no continuation. Or a great non call. If that had gone in was the only way the Cavs win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Bowen was trying to foul before he shot it. But he almost fucked that up royally.

Tek_XX
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Refs swallow whistles on the last play, it's no secret. Plenty of teams been fouled and no call, cavs aren't alone.

Infamous
yea but after watching this game I've decided the Spurs are one of the greatest teams ever assembled in NBA history..your top three players pretty much have an off night, one doesnt even get a field goal, one gets three fouls in the first half and sat on the bench alot, one had a very bad start..yet all the roleplayers step up..

T Park
Bruce got away with one.

But its akin to Side Show Bob getting away with the hack on the Duncan turnaround with a minute and a half left.

Johnny RIngo
the cavs lost this game themselves, but ya got away with bloody murder..

Kinda like how the Lakers got away with murder against the Kings, right?

PM5K

They had a foul to give or didn't want to give up a three, how was the dumb?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm actually amazed Delaney didn't give James that call. He had been sucking off the Cavs with his whistle all night long.

sribb43
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
if that was D-Wade and not Lebron a foul would have been called

monosylab1k
I can't feel too sorry for Cleveland...they had the chance to win that game outright during that huge dry spell by San Antonio, and they played like absolute shit. WTF is Anderson FUCKING Varejao doing trying to put a move on Tim Duncan?

That last call might have been BS, but if Cleveland doesn't play with their thumbs up their asses all thru the time when San Antonio went dry, then they win this game.

Mike Brown is officially the worst coach in the NBA. I'll let Ron Washington coach my NBA team before Mike Brown.

Cant_Be_Faded
WELCOME TO THE PLAYOFFS I SAIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDD

Obvious ya'll aren't used to the ropes; NOONE gets that foul call in that situation. Hell, Duncan hit the hardest shot in NBA history over Shaq, got fouled, and put us up in 2004, but no foul was called.
Deal with it. It's the name of the game.

I agree it was a foul, agree it was a continuation, but based on the history of fouls called in that situation, I think the nocall was the right call. They don't call it for anyone else.....why for a 22 year old "King" who has yet to prove anything his entire career?

baseline bum
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Bowen was trying to foul before he shot it. But he almost fucked that up royally.

Bruce did fuck up royally. LeBron never put the ball on the floor, and shot as soon as felt the contact. That was a textbook case of continuation, and James should have been shooting three free throws to send it to OT. Shit like this is why I fucking hate the intentional foul up three. Bruce got real lucky, because that foul could have been as bad as Manu's on Dirk last year.

Infamous
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Kinda like how the Lakers got away with murder against the Kings, right?

wtf..we aint talkin bout the Lakers..i already gave credit to the Spurs.

zrinkill
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
All I have to say is that Tim freakin Duncan did not get ANY foul shots till the 4th quarter .......

Screw you

K-State Spur
06-12-2007, 10:57 PM
yeah, but that bloody murder = many cleveland 'defenses' of Duncan. Yet Duncan goes to the line 2x all night. No tears from me.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
3-0. Let the excuses begin.

makedamnsure
God doesn't like it when people run around calling themselves the King so he helps give the Spurs a 3-0 lead. Tough.

Borosai
That was a foul, but at that point in the game, I don't think the refs will call it unless they are 100% sure that it's the right call. At full speed, it looked borderline between the act of shooting and on the floor. In a way, they did the Cavs a favor because if they call that on the floor, they don't get a chance for the 3 anyway.

baseline bum
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Obvious ya'll aren't used to the ropes; NOONE gets that foul call in that situation.

Tim got that foul call on Devin Harris.

sribb43
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Obvious ya'll aren't used to the ropes; NOONE gets that foul call in that situation. Hell, Duncan hit the hardest shot in NBA history over Shaq, got fouled, and put us up in 2004, but no foul was called.

I agree it was a foul, agree it was a continuation, but based on the history of fouls called in that situation, I think the nocall was the right call. They don't call it for anyone else.....why for a 22 year old "King" who has yet to prove anything his entire career?

Correction 1 guy gets that call and thats D-Wade

rasho8
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
A total of 31 FTA.... thats less than Dallas got in the stolen win over GS!! Funny.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM

which game?

Aggie Hoopsfan

Good take. The refs swallowed their whistles when Duncan got hacked by Varejao, why would Lebron get the benefit of zebra charity?

sribb43

That was the past season if i remember correctly, and that was a BS call if there was one

Strike
At least Lebron ain't crying at the presser.

He has at least a little bit of class.

jag
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM

Considering Pop told him to foul...

sribb43

ya youve gotta give it up to Lebron he isnt a whinner on or off the court

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
He couldn't knock down the shot even after having time to face up and let it fly. No charity for the big man in that spot.

3-0.

PM5K
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Bruce did fuck up royally. LeBron never put the ball on the floor, and shot as soon as felt the contact. That was a textbook case of continuation, and James should have been shooting three free throws to send it to OT. Shit like this is why I fucking hate the intentional foul up three. Bruce got real lucky, because that foul could have been as bad as Manu's on Dirk last year.

I don't think so, he had already dribbled once, he wouldn't have been able to put both hands on the ball and attempt a shot if you call the foul because he fouled his off arm while he didn't have the ball in both hands...

JustSpurs
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
LeBron just maned-up and said Incidental Contact with Bowen.

judaspriestess
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Lebron James just said It Was INCIDENTAL contact in his Post Game Interview. Said it did not affect his shot.

Lebron James Is A Class Act, Not A Whiner.

TampaDude
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM

Both LeBron and the refs disagree with you...

makedamnsure

LeBron was very classy during the post-game press conference. Said himself that he had a good look at that last shot. Gave props to Pop and the Spurs.

picnroll
Dumb play by Bruce.

LeBron in the post game interview was all class. Said he just missed it and it was incidental contact. I have a lot of respect the way he's handled himself making no excuses.

PM5K
LeBron just maned-up and said Incidental Contact with Bowen.

Nah, Bruce either tried to see if he could get away with a foul, or foul so they couldn't get the three, that wasn't incidental...

ajh18
06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Props to Lebron. He manned up and didnt whine. He gave props to his opponenet. Lebron has the attitude a star should take.

baseline bum
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it didn't look like it did much to his shot. It definitely wasn't incidental contact though. James just has enough balls to not cry to the refs. LeBron's too athletic a guy to give the intentional foul.. I mean, look how easy he got that shot off after Bruce almost had him wrapped up.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Damn, it's hard to hate this "King" who says all the things a Spur would say when he's talking to the media.
I keep expecting him to act Kobe-esque, but he really is alot different.

703 Spurz
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Not a shock that you're continuing to be a worthless piece of shit to the Spurs but can you come up with new shit?

I mean, actually bring something to this board rather then trying to bring it down?

LuvBones
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
If they had called that foul it would've been before the shot so no free throws. no chance.

easjer
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
All credit and props to LeBron for this press conference. I can't really hate him, and don't think he's as arrogant as he is young. What a great player to have on your team, both morale and talent wise. Too bad he is not a Spur.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
1. Lebron said it wasn't a foul.
2. The refs had a bad night across the board
3. The ESPN guys keep talking about the foul so they get more people on the bus
4. Don't think the Cavs lost the game on that play
5. Whatever

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Barry said Bruce was supposed to foul Lebron and have him shoot 3 FTs.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
All credit and props to LeBron for this press conference. I can't really hate him, and don't think he's as arrogant as he is young. What a great player to have on your team, both morale and talent wise. Too bad he is not a Spur.

It looked like he is preparing the ground to become one.

michaelwcho
06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I hate to say it, but I wonder if one reason he's being so magnanimous is that he thinks he'll be in the finals every year. It doesn't work that way--wait...well in that crappy Eastern conference maybe he will be back about every year. If he gets a little help...

LuvBones
06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Barry said Bruce was supposed to foul Lebron and have him shoot 3 FTs.If that would've happened I'd be pissed!! Let Lebron have a chance to tie with THREE FREE FREE THROWS?!

Lebron has my respect though, he conducts himself very professionally. :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM

No, he said they were trying to foul *before the shot*. Big difference.

SilverPlayer
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM

I think you mean he meant to foul him and shoot 2 free throws. Without the continuation he definitely did not mean to foul him on a 3 point shot.

CubanMustGo
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
D'Antoni, Amare, Sun Fan please note: LBJ is your model for post-game discussion.

SilverPlayer
06-12-2007, 11:25 PM
The intention was an intentional foul before the shot. And the refs have been calling every playoff game in a way that take intention into account. They will not give Lebron the chance to shoot three free throws on a hail-mary shot.

And make no mistake that was a hail mary shot trying to get the refs to bail him out. The refs have been very consistent in the playoffs that they won't bail you out on errant attempts.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Imagine if LeBron's shot had dropped and the refs blew the whistle, giving him a 4 point play for the win. Goat would have been spelled B-R-U-C-E.

LeBron was fouled, but its not that big of a deal. He still got off a good shot, and its not like Cleveland didn't have chances to win. They couldn't have asked for a longer dry spell from San Antonio, but all those layups and open threes just wouldn't fall. Cleveland just couldn't get it done, plain and simple.

Its so frusturating that Detroit lost to these clowns. The worst part is that even while the Pistons were losing, I could still see that they had no business getting beat by this Cavs squad. To be blunt, they're just not that good. But all those layups LeBron was missing tonight were going in, not to mention the threes, and Gibson went nuclear as well. Shit happens I guess.

Congrats to the Spurs on going up 3-0, and somehow eeking out the victory despite playing like shit. Its what Detroit couldn't do.

michaelwcho
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Its so frusturating that Detroit lost to these clowns. The worst part is that even while the Pistons were losing, I could still see that they had no business getting beat by this Cavs squad. To be blunt, they're just not that good. But all those layups LeBron was missing tonight were going in, not to mention the threes, and Gibson went nuclear as well. Shit happens I guess.

Congrats to the Spurs on going up 3-0, and somehow eeking out the victory despite playing like shit. Its what Detroit couldn't do.

Another possibility is that they beat you fair and square, and the Pistons are even worse... if they are so bad, how did they win a 7 game series?

mando6599
06-12-2007, 11:45 PM

There's no way the refs can reward BronBron with a call there. NO WAY. He shot it from almost 30 feet from the rim, FADING AWAY!! Maybe if he had tried to jump into Bruce, then I could hear a whistle possibly blowing. But not like that, nuh-uh.

LeBron has played into our hands this whole series. All fans of this great game: LeBron is NOT a JUMPshooter! Time after time he takes those shots, I am, as a Spurs fan, feeling good because then I know he's going to miss more than 50% of the time and he's not barreling into a Spur trying to get to the line. Just look at how most of his points tonight came within 15 feet of the basket. 7 which came from the foul line. He's much better with his back to the basket or on the fast break. That's it.

Game 5 of the ECF was an ANOMALY. LeBron is streaky, at best. That may have been a game that looked "Jordanesque", but BronBron will never be a game changer like Mike and especially a series changer.

Kobe Bryant is the best all-around game changer in this league because he can take his man off the dribble, shoot the mid-range to long-range jumper and make them 45% of the time, and can take it to the rim, all on a nightly basis. And granted, a lot of this comes with experience too.

Anyway, let the media take off James' crown as "KING" and firmly plant it on the heads of the Spurs after game 4 on Thursday.

mando

Buddy Holly
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Bruce did fuck up royally. LeBron never put the ball on the floor, and shot as soon as felt the contact. That was a textbook case of continuation, and James should have been shooting three free throws to send it to OT.

He'd be shooting two not three freethrows as that was neither in the act or continuation.

The refs helped the Cavs by not calling that.

A continuation comes from a drive not jump shot. He would have had to be fouled in the act of the shot in order to get all three.

baseline bum
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Exact same play happened with Tim vs Devin Harris, and not a Spurs fan here said Tim didn't deserve those three FTs. Happens though... Jason Terry didn't get that call at the end of game 6 of the Finals last year either. :)

VinnyTestesVerde
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
got away with bloody murder??? YA'LL WERE DEAD BEFORE THE GAME STARTED.

This was probably one of the worst games that I've ever seen. Both teams were so awful, they should probably have just called the game, and rescheduled Game 3 for Thursday. The Spurs were playing terrible, and ripe for a loss, AND CLEVELAND LAID AN EGG.

Bowen tried to foul, and they didn't call it. Tough shit. Not the Spurs fault. And it shouldn't have come down to that.

Why the F-ing hell did LeBron defer to VAREJAO AT THE END OF THE GAME????

Bad teams make bad decisions, which lead to BAD LOSSES. DEAL WITH IT MAN. FOULS ARE THE LEAST OF THE CAVS' WORRIES. :pctoss :flipoff

violentkitten
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
some of you need a drink or five. spurs won!

:smokin

SenorSpur
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
No doubt about it. It was a foul by Bowen and a very "dumb-ass" one at that.

I was screaming, "What the hell are you doing?"

Couldn't believe the refs didn't call it.

klx23
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Spurs fans, congratulations on being one win away from being champions again. You've been the better team in two out of three games. IMO, tonight's game was so ugly and boring it was so hard to watch. You got the win despite playing like shit. We just played shittier, which was just painful. I'm too disappointed in the Cavs to be angry. Hopefully from here on out, they play with more pride even if they do lose. Their play tonight was unacceptable.

I just wanted to come in here because I said before that I wouldn't disappear even if the Cavs lost. Once again, congrats.

Buddy Holly
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Exact same play happened with Tim vs Devin Harris, and not a Spurs fan here said Tim didn't deserve those three FTs.

Everyone knew he didn't deserve those shots, even the commentators of the game but we took them with a smile on our faces.

itzsoweezee
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
there's no way lebron gets continuation on that play. the cavs would've been screwed with a non-shooting foul on that play.

klx23
got away with bloody murder??? YA'LL WERE DEAD BEFORE THE GAME STARTED.

This was probably one of the worst games that I've ever seen. Both teams were so awful, they should probably have just called the game, and rescheduled Game 3 for Thursday. The Spurs were playing terrible, and ripe for a loss, AND CLEVELAND LAID AN EGG.

Bowen tried to foul, and they didn't call it. Tough shit. Not the Spurs fault. And it shouldn't have come down to that.

Why the F-ing hell did LeBron defer to VAREJAO AT THE END OF THE GAME????

Bad teams make bad decisions, which lead to BAD LOSSES. DEAL WITH IT MAN. FOULS ARE THE LEAST OF THE CAVS' WORRIES. :pctoss :flipoff

You need to chill out. Don't be a sore winner.

By the way, LeBron was double teamed so he gave it to Varejao. AV made perhaps the most idiotic move of his career by trying to take the shot himself instead of passing it to LeBron who, by that time, had managed to free himself of the double team. That, IMO, lost us the game.

Borosai
How many asterisks does this make? I lost count.

ajh18
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
They just replayed Larry Johnson's 4-pt play in 1999, in which the EXACT SAME PLAY was given continuation, and the NBA SAID THEY WERE WRONG. Apparently the NBA said that in that situation, it's on the floor, not a shooting foul

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Considering Pop told him to foul...

Hey, Bruce tried. A little brush.. not in the act. So BFD.

duncan228
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Spurs fans, congratulations on being one win away from being champions again. You've been the better team in two out of three games. IMO, tonight's game was so ugly and boring it was so hard to watch. You got the win despite playing like shit. We just played shittier, which was just painful. I'm too disappointed in the Cavs to be angry. Hopefully from here on out, they play with more pride even if they do lose. Their play tonight was unacceptable.

I just wanted to come in here because I said before that I wouldn't disappear even if the Cavs lost. Once again, congrats.

Props to you for sticking around. If you stay after the Finals and you're feeling better you'll find it's a great forum for basketball discussion. The smack will die down and the regulars always have great insight to the game.

(I'm a regular but I do not include myself in the great posters club. I tend to read and learn. I've been a fan of the NBA a long time and these people have still taught me so much.)

Are you the only Cavs fan left?

Spurminator
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
No doubt about it. It was a foul by Bowen and a very "dumb-ass" one at that.

I was screaming, "What the hell are you doing?"

Couldn't believe the refs didn't call it.

He was doing what he was supposed to do and he did it perfectly. The foul should have been called and it would not have been continuation.

Oh well.

RC's Boss
06-13-2007, 12:15 AM
yea but after watching this game I've decided the Spurs are one of the greatest teams ever assembled in NBA history..your top three players pretty much have an off night, one doesnt even get a field goal, one gets three fouls in the first half and sat on the bench alot, one had a very bad start..yet all the roleplayers step up..
Defense. As a Spurs fan though, I must admit '96 Bulls hands down greatest. Harper, Jordan, and pippen created the greatest perimeter defensive team of the modern NBA era. That '01 Lakers squad was no joke too IMO.

violentkitten
06-13-2007, 12:15 AM
but it wasn't called a foul and he missed. for once will some of you get fucking happy? fuck.

RC's Boss
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
really though

VinnyTestesVerde
You need to chill out. Don't be a sore winner.

By the way, LeBron was double teamed so he gave it to Varejao. AV made perhaps the most idiotic move of his career by trying to take the shot himself instead of passing it to LeBron who, by that time, had managed to free himself of the double team. That, IMO, lost us the game.

Well I commend you on being one of the few that looks at at least one other possible explanation for a Cavs loss. I'm not being a sore winner, but I am definitely sick of people clinging to last-second replays as proof of their team deserving to win. It's sad and pathetic.

That being said...LeBron's a badass...just doesn't have much help. He will someday.

And THAT being said...

1 game until #4
:smokin :toast

exstatic
If they call a foul, it's on the floor, 2 shots. The did Cleveland a favor by letting the shot go with no call. ESPN, major fucking Spurs haters, even called it as on the floor on NBA Finals post game.

regio
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
D'Antoni, Amare, Sun Fan please note: LBJ is your model for post-game discussion.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

klx23
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Props to you for sticking around. If you stay after the Finals and you're feeling better you'll find it's a great forum for basketball discussion. The smack will die down and the regulars always have great insight to the game.

(I'm a regular but I do not include myself in the great posters club. I tend to read and learn. I've been a fan of the NBA a long time and these people have still taught me so much.)

Are you the only Cavs fan left?

I can tell it's a great forum. Perhaps I will stick around. That is, if I have time. I'm about to graduate so things have been hectic. I think that if I didn't have so many things going on right now, I'd be more focused on watching the Finals and therefore be a lot more emotionally upset. It's a good thing I'm busy then.

I don't know if I'm the only one left. I hope not. The bad ones seem to be gone, though, which is good. They've all gone back to our own forums and pretty much trashed that place. It's sad.

JustSpurs
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM

Props to you. Thanks for having the sack to stick around. :toast

klx23
06-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I commend you on being one of the few that looks at at least one other possible explanation for a Cavs loss. I'm not being a sore winner, but I am definitely sick of people clinging to last-second replays as proof of their team deserving to win. It's sad and pathetic.

That being said...LeBron's a badass...just doesn't have much help. He will someday.

And THAT being said...

1 game until #4
:smokin :toast

Thanks, I guess. This no-call isn't quite as painful as the game 2 no-call against Detroit. I'm not gonna dwell on it 'cause I know the Cavs played like shit the entire game. Had they played hard the entire night and the game went down the wire in an EXCITING fashion, I would be more upset, yet more content. Just an ugly game.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I can tell it's a great forum. Perhaps I will stick around. That is, if I have time. I'm about to graduate so things have been hectic. I think that if I didn't have so many things going on right now, I'd be more focused on watching the Finals and therefore be a lot more emotionally upset. It's a good thing I'm busy then.

I don't know if I'm the only one left. I hope not. The bad ones seem to be gone, though, which is good. They've all gone back to our own forums and pretty much trashed that place. It's sad.

First: Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Second: Props for being a stand up fan. I for one would be happy to see you hang around. You know the game, and you're objective. The Cavs are coming into their own. It won't be this year, but it'll be soon... very soon.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks, I guess. This no-call isn't quite as painful as the game 2 no-call against Detroit. I'm not gonna dwell on it 'cause I know the Cavs played like shit the entire game. Had they played hard the entire night and the game went down the wire in an EXCITING fashion, I would be more upset, yet more content. Just an ugly game.

No doubt it was an ugly game, poorly played. It was almost like neither team wanted to win, as odd as that sounds. Really it was a matter of who played least worst. :dizzy

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Really it was a matter of who played least worst. :dizzy

:lol :lol :lol

klx23
06-13-2007, 12:33 AM
No doubt it was an ugly game, poorly played. It was almost like neither team wanted to win, as odd as that sounds. Really it was a matter of who played least worst. :dizzy

Haha, that's just horrible. Finals ratings are down, which means Stern is not a happy man. He doesn't deserve to be happy. He has ruined the game that I've loved since the Jordan days.

BlackFlagg - thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it. I'll definitely try to hang around.

UV Ray
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure.

-- Knute Rockne

ShoogarBear
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Mike Brown is officially the worst coach in the NBA.http://timesunion.com/Shared/Graphics/NewsDB/AP/Pistons%20Dumars%20Basketball%20e0d20b4b-285c-4650-98ff-bc45e1f4d7aa_TN.jpg

nobodi_home
06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Aside from the foul question, which has been covered already pretty well, I'd like to say that I thought James rushed that last basket. Needing only to get the ball off his finger tips before the clock reaches 0.00, he had more time to GET HIS FEET SET and square to the basket before letting lose his shot. Off balance attempts, such as this one, usually wind up just the way we saw it. One would think he would know better, but we fans are not in that pressure cooker situation, so it's easy to criticize. Nevertheless, I think James goofed.

Go look at the tape of Steve Kerr's winning basket against Utah which won the series for Chicago. FEET SQUARE AND SET, release--
SWISH.......... It really does make a difference.

T Park
06-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Flip Saunders makes Mike brown look like goddamn Red Aeurbach.

judaspriestess
06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Mike Brown is not a bad coach, he is seriously under manned. He's doing the best he can with what he's got.

dbestpro
06-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Haha, that's just horrible. Finals ratings are down, which means Stern is not a happy man. He doesn't deserve to be happy. He has ruined the game that I've loved since the Jordan days.

BlackFlagg - thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it. I'll definitely try to hang around.
Ratings are down and have been down ever since ABC has been in charge. Stern is still happy though as revenues are at an alltime high. Sales of NBA stuff are up 30% during this finals from last year and the world market is about 100 million people for each game. People have way over estimated the income issue from ratings. The NBA has already got theres when ABC set the contract. The reality is ABC continues to screw itself through the worst marketing in sports history. Everyone else is making big cha-----ching.

jbspurs
06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm actually amazed Delaney didn't give James that call. He had been sucking off the Cavs with his whistle all night long.

He just gave him a chance to make the 3! The foul was not in the act of shooting anyways.

spurscenter
06-13-2007, 02:57 AM
yea lebron was fouled

im a huge spurs fan but lebron was fouled.

He would of missed any ways. he would of missed 2 FT

Lebron is not Jordan.

He wont make it to the finals for another 4 years.

Dre_7
06-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Didnt read all the responses but yeah LBJ was fouled and yeah they missed it, but so what!! Game 7 2006 WCSF: Duncan rebounds the Manu miss and gets hacked by Dirk, who even admited he fouled Timmy, and no whistle. If I remember correctly, all I heard after that was how "refs wont call a foul like that in the final seconds of a game, blah blah blah." So to all those who will bitch about Lebron not goin to the line, SCREW YOU!!! Duncan and the Spurs were owed one big time after last year.

greyforest
06-13-2007, 06:14 AM
If they call a foul, it's on the floor, 2 shots. The did Cleveland a favor by letting the shot go with no call.

lebro could hit the first, then purposefully miss the second, get an offensive rebound and tie up the game

or he could have just hit that 3

i'd say the latter is more likely, so i agree that actually gave cavs better odds. even if lebro hit 2 FTs the spurs have the ball up 1 point with 4.2 or whatever seconds left and 2 timeouts

exstatic
06-13-2007, 07:11 AM
lebro could hit the first, then purposefully miss the second, get an offensive rebound and tie up the game

or he could have just hit that 3

i'd say the latter is more likely, so i agree that actually gave cavs better odds. even if lebro hit 2 FTs the spurs have the ball up 1 point with 4.2 or whatever seconds left and 2 timeouts
...and Horry. :hat

spurster
06-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Lord, that was an incredibly stupid attempted foul. That easily could have been 3 and 1.

Hook Dem
06-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Good Lord, that was an incredibly stupid attempted foul. That easily could have been 3 and 1.
Just goes to show you that when 3 people are viewing the same thing,1 will see something different than the other two.

Supergirl
06-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah, it was a foul - but a nonshooting foul. He grabbed him before Lebron had even looked up for his shot. And the refs have routinely let contact like that in the final minute of the game go by - they don't want to put guys on the line to decide a close game. They'd rather have the players play it out. Had Lebron made it (it was a good look, even with Bowen's foul before the shot) it would have gone to OT, and then the teams would get an extra 5 min to decide who wanted it more. The refs would rather have that than having their call decide either way who won the game, you know? I've seen that kind of contact go against the Spurs plenty of times.

michaelwcho
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Go look at the tape of Steve Kerr's winning basket against Utah which won the series for Chicago. FEET SQUARE AND SET, release--
SWISH.......... It really does make a difference.

Maybe that's why Kerr is one of the great shooters ever, and LeBron is primarily a driver--because he's a better shooter!

ambchang
06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
One thing to note, given Lebron's regular season average of 69% FT shooting, he has about a 32.9% chance of making all 3 FTs. I don't know what his 3 pt shooting % is, but this sounds awefully close to it.
BTW, it seems to me that the league has tried to stop these 50FT games this year (vs. last year, when there were quite a few of them). Also haven't seen too many times a star player shot 20+ FTs in a game.

ArgSpursFan
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Actually i really think the refs tried to help him,coze there wasnīt gonna be time to tide the game if the refs called the no shooting(like it was)foul on Lebron.Instead they leted him shoot the 3 pter.and Had a chance to tide the game.It just didnīt go in.

Fouled Out
06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah!! the foul late in the 4th, LeBron tripped nobody touched him. When he tried to drive to the rim. Sometimes refs call it to where let's try to make this game interesting. Hey if they can't make baskets that is there problem don't try and help them by calling fouls.

SAGambler
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
First: Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Second: Props for being a stand up fan. I for one would be happy to see you hang around. You know the game, and you're objective. The Cavs are coming into their own. It won't be this year, but it'll be soon... very soon.

I second that.

I know this is another disappointment for Cleveland. But hang in there. I think this kid will get you to the Finals again, and maybe next time he will have some help.

All is not lost. Look at the Spurs with David. We had to get him help via Tim Duncan in order to really be on a competitive level. Until that point, we were just another team with a great player and not a whole lot to help him. Cleveland must find help for Lebron and when they do, he has a huge chance of bringing home the trophy.

But stick around. This is a great bb forum. I think you will enjoy it. Especially when you see Spurs fans go off on the FO for not making that "major trade" we need. Otherwise the Spurs are done. Out in the 1st round...Hell, they may not even make the playoffs........

It gets laughable and crazy here at times.

dmac
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
this is why you lost: 36% SHOULD NEVER DESERVE TO WIN ANY GAME LET ALONE A FINALS GAME.

Team Totals: 29-7911-153-1915481971251772 .367

PS. Where was Boobie?