PDA

View Full Version : Is Parker making....

Tek_XX
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
a case for MVP?

jag
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
As of right now he IS the MVP.

theroc5
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
duncan is still the mvp

fred33
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
A 3 Clutch Play San Antonio Leader Scorer All 3 Games

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Duncan's to lose.

If it's going to be someone other than TD, at this point, I'm voting for Bowen.

medstudent
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
parker is the MVP. no way around it now. consistently the best player in the series

makedamnsure
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Bowen won't get it. But Parker leads the MVP voting right now by a little. Duncan can make his final case for it Game 4 but it's nice to argue over who should get it :]

T Park
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
agreed.

Duncan had his usual one bad game in a series, so he should come out guns blazing in game 4, and take the MVP if they win.

BOwen though IMO, has been an absolute stud.

He should share the MVP title with Duncan.

Tek_XX
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Wasn't it 6-4 Duncan over Ginobili in 2005

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Y'all forget, Manu had some big games against Detroit, and it was still TD's in the end.

Parker will get some votes for his scoring, but Duncan is giving you points, boards, defense, and anchoring the squad.

SilverPlayer
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Parker deserves it. Hell if I can think of a reason that he shouldn't get it. Timmy may be the best player on the court, but Tony has been the most consistent spur in the finals.

Question?? Is the MVP for playoffs as a whole or just the finals. Do you take the whole playoffs into consideration for the MVP?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Think about Bowen. Yeah, he ain't scoring 30 a game, but he's basically gone out for three straight games now and refused to let Lebron impose his will on a game (and succeeded).

Tonight, Bowen drops 13 points (outscored everyone on Cleveland but LeBron) and grabs 9 boards (top rebounder for the Spurs tonight), and still bothers Lebron into 9-23 shooting (39%).

People who think Bowen doesn't deserve any credit or consideration don't know shit about bball other than points.

fred33
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Defense On Gibson

T Park
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Think about Bowen. Yeah, he ain't scoring 30 a game, but he's basically gone out for three straight games now and refused to let Lebron impose his will on a game (and succeeded).

Tonight, Bowen drops 13 points (outscored everyone on Cleveland but LeBron) and grabs 9 boards (top rebounder for the Spurs tonight), and still bothers Lebron into 9-23 shooting (39%).

People who think Bowen doesn't deserve any credit or consideration don't know shit about bball other than points.

Exactly.

Bowen was an absolute defensive stud tonight.

Hes played Lebron James about as perfect as you can play Lebron.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
You are dreaming. I told you to stop posting about TP being MVP. He got a 3, Manu didn't do anything but got the clutch FTs.

flame
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Personally, I wish Bowen would get it. That would be the ultimate "Thank You" - way better than DPOY or whatever else he might get. He deserves it, just wish fans could force that issue.

In the more *realistic* realm - Parker is making one hell of a case for MVP. He has to learn from Ginobili though....don't disappear at the end of the Finals and you may end up with the trophy. I doubt Duncan would care by now who gets it anyway.

ginobili fan
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Yeah but people who think Bowen should be the MVP don't know shit about bball either.
Sure he's been very good but it isn't him who wins the game.
It's defenitly between Timmy and Tony.

Darkwaters
I dispute the Game 3 MVP going to Parker. Obviously, all the credit goes to Chip!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Also think back to before this series started. Everyone said Bowen might be able to slow him down a game or two, but that was it.

The league should hold a press conference and take back the damn DPOY trophy from Camby and say 'sorry about that, here you go Bruce.'

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah but people who think Bowen should be the MVP don't know shit about bball either.

You're right, if LeBron was going off for 38 and handing out 10 dimes a game I'm sure we'd be up 3-0 right now :rolleyes

Look, I'm sure the voting will be

1. Tim
2. Tony
3. (if anyone else even gets a vote) - Manu

But I'm just saying Bowen has contributed as much as anyone not named Tim on this squad in the Finals. He's the unsung fucking hero.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
If Bowen wins it, it'll make up for all the crap he gets as a dirty player, and being overlooked for DPOY.

Without Bowen it's THAT much harder for our defense to be HONEST. For instance, I think we would have had trouble rolling through Denver with the AI-Carmello two man tandem, without him. If anyone should challenge Duncan, points are fine on Tony's side, but I think Bowen is very deserving.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I can't believe people still believe Parker will get the MVP award. He did today what he has done every single playoff series after the spurs take the first 2 home games: struggle. This was a team win. And the bench really stepped up when teh big 3 struggled.

Again. When decision time comes, they will vote for TD again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
If Bowen wins it, it'll make up for all the crap he gets as a dirty player, and being overlooked for DPOY.

Without Bowen it's THAT much harder for our defense to be HONEST. For instance, I think we would have had trouble rolling through Denver with the AI-Carmello two man tandem, without him. If anyone should challenge Duncan, points are fine on Tony's side, but I think Bowen is very deserving.

The problem is the same media idiots who have been crying about him being dirty will be voting on the award, which means he'll probably get negative votes if anything :lol

jag
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Y'all forget, Manu had some big games against Detroit, and it was still TD's in the end.

Parker will get some votes for his scoring, but Duncan is giving you points, boards, defense, and anchoring the squad.

Parker is making a great case for it, i agree that duncan has done it on both sides, but parker has been the guy on the offensive end.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Duncan's to lose.

no suprise here you voting for someone other then tp
when duncan says tp is the one driving the spurs

dbreiden83080
06-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Duncan is still going to get it. He will come into game 4 putting up 20 and 10 a game and he almost never plays 2 bad games in a row. I actually give the Cavs a good shot in game 4 because they do not want to get swept. Timmy will have a big game 4 either way, book it.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
TP knocked down a huge shot.

Texas_Ranger
I'm still for Duncan, if it will be Parker it'll be OK for me.

Cant_Be_Faded
TD > Bowen > Park

So to summarize
TD needs to play like shit (like tonight) and Parker needs to have a monster offensive game (35+) for Parker to win. No matter Bowen's play, Parker should get it.

TD plays normal TD, he gets the award, unless Bowen holds LeBron to less than 15 points while also scoring more than 12 points. No matter what Parker's play, Bowen deserves it in this scenario.

That is the formula, i think its fair.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Also, defending Manu; he doesn't get as many shots as TD or TP per game. Look at the stat sheet, he shoots about 10-15 a game or less. In game 2, he got 25 pst of 11 shots. If they don't give the ball to Manu he just can't have as many pts as Parker.

Those who think TP is the MVP because he scored more on all 3 games just doesn't understand what is going on.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
manu was 0 for 7
he did not attack
he sucked atleast he had assist tonight not like game 2

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
no suprise here you voting for someone other then tp
when duncan says tp is the one driving the spurs

You're a moron, ducks. Look, I know you love Tony, but it's pretty damn obvious Tim Duncan is this team's heart and soul.

baseline bum
06-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Bruce deserves it... but then again, look how many times he's deserved the DPOY too.

G-Money
You know I think Duncan should only have 2 finals MVP's. In 05 I was scared of Manu more then I was of Duncan. I thought Manu should of won the finals MVP. This year I think it should go to Parker.

BlackFlagg
Duncan's to lose.

If it weren't for Bowen, it would either be tied or we'd be down 2-1.

ducks
the announcers are saying it is tp
I wanted manu to get it in 2005
if someone other then duncan gets it
hopefully they will get more respect from the refs next year

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Why is Manu even a conversation topic in this thread? He no showed tonight other than boards and assists (and some D), he's not even on the radar for the Finals MVP.

Right now it's

1. TD
2. TP
3. Bowen

If Bowen outscores James on Thursday, give him the damn award. I don't care if TD and TP both go for quadruple doubles, Bowen would deserve it.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
you know who deserves it
JAMES FUCKING JAMES

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
the announcers are saying it is tp
I wanted manu to get it in 2005
if someone other then duncan gets it
hopefully they will get more respect from the refs next year

The announcers think the Spurs are boring because they don't have 18 wives a pop and aren't getting busted for doing blow off the rack of strippers at 4 AM after a game.

The announcers also think the only reason James isn't going for 40 a game is because all five Spurs are guarding him and he doesn't trust anyone else to make a shot.

That's your backup?

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Give it to Elson for all I care, just win the next game...

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
we will see who plays the best in game 4

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
If Bowen can pull out a Lakers series-esque game and go 5-6 threes, while also shutting lebron down to ~15 points, he deserves serious consideration, not like the consideration parker is getting, i mean serious consideration. Not bull shit consideration.

BTW, yes parker's three tonight was clutch $$$$$$$$

ginobili fan
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Aggie Hoopsfan and SpurOutofTownFan are two faggot who hate TP.
And even though TP is not MVP, you have to admit he's saving us on the offensive end.
End of thread.

easjer
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TP is making a case, but bottom line is that TD is the team. It'll go to Timmy, and be well deserved for all his contributions on all ends and the effect he has on the entire game.

ducks
TP knocked down a huge shot.
no shit
to bad he can not make threes according to people :rolleyes

The Red Hood
Parker said so himself its tims team and he should get the MVP which he should Tims been constant through out the whole playoffs except for maybe a few games here and there

mVp
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
1. TD
2. TP
3. Bruce !!!

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Why is Manu even a conversation topic in this thread? He no showed tonight other than boards and assists (and some D), he's not even on the radar for the Finals MVP.

Right now it's

1. TD
2. TP
3. Bowen

If Bowen outscores James on Thursday, give him the damn award. I don't care if TD and TP both go for quadruple doubles, Bowen would deserve it.

I think you forgot about the clutch FTs that bailed them out.

ginobili fan
06-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I mean , I agree Bowen is fucking good, but I still believe some manu's church fans like aggie or outofTown can't stand if tony wins MVP this year and not manu in 2005.
So they are now going for bowen like hell, a guy who hasn't been called after the 2 first games...CLASSIC.
STOP THE PROPAGANDA.
STOP ACTING LIKE BITCH.
FAGGOT.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
And even though TP is not MVP, you have to admit he's saving us on the offensive end.
End of thread.

Not at all. I don't hate the guy but TP lovers are making themselves false expectations. At the end of the day TD will get it. If Manu didn't get it in 2005 when his contributions to beat Detroit were more than those from TP now, then I don't think Parker will get it over Duncan this time either. If you forget about what Manu did in 2005 then you need to watch the 7 games again. End of thread.

Aggie Hoopsfan
End of thread.

No, faggots try and be cute with 'my post is the bestest, end of thread posts.'

I am damn pleased with Tony's play. But you know what? Take Tony away (which is what Cleveland did for almost the entire first half tonight) and we're still okay because Tim was dropping 8 points in the first quarter and playing D, doing other things.

This team gets by okay with Tony out of the game. Every time Tim goes to the bench, Cleveland goes on runs an is productive against us.

Like I said, Tony deserves consideration, but we aren't even here if it isn't for Duncan, and the guy was the only one who showed up in the first half tonight.

So spare me the holier than though Parker pole sucker bullshit and get a fucking clue.

Cant_Be_Faded
I think we should all make a collective effort in this thread to define what "Finals MVP" means.

Some people seem to think points qualifies it, i think those people are as stupid as those who think ppg decides the regular season mvp.

But I think there is a weakness in the argument that "this team is duncan so he deserves mvp"...because in my opinion the award should be based on the finals series exclusively. And while the spurs start out living and dying by the Duncan, the dynamic of matchups and a series worth of adjustments change those things. Did we really start and end with Duncan in game 2? tonight? If duncan had not passed well tonight, he would have an overally subduncan series so far. Meanwhile Bruce Bowen is shutting down the "King" of the nba who put on one of the most dominant playoff performances of all time. LeBron's average is lower this series than any series this year. I say if Bowen shuts his ass down again, scores alot of threes, and we win, give him the award.

Besides the "starts and ends" argument also has another weakness: our record without duncan compared to our record without bowen.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I mean , I agree Bowen is fucking good, but I still believe some manu's church fans like aggie or outofTown can't stand if tony wins MVP this year and not manu in 2005.
So they are now going for bowen like hell, a guy who hasn't been called after the 2 first games...CLASSIC.
STOP THE PROPAGANDA.
STOP ACTING LIKE BITCH.
FAGGOT.

Yes and no. I can't stand the idea of TP getting the MVP when Manu didn't get it but I'm not calling for Bowen. I never said that. I think TD will get it. Also, if you think Parker deserves it please tell me why but don't tell me because he scores more pts than anybody else.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM
STOP THE PROPAGANDA.
STOP ACTING LIKE BITCH.
FAGGOT.

Like I said, Tim will get it. I'll tell you what's being a fag. Being so stuck on PPG that you can't see the rest of the fucking game.

It's not that I can't stand if Tony wins Finals MVP, if he does I'll be happy because that means he has a hellacious rest of the series.

I am going for Bowen because he is the one keeping James in check, and if it weren't for that we're sitting at 2-1 instead of 3-0, hell we may even be down 2-1.

It's not propaganda, it's watching the game. Funny that the one defending the little Frenchman is the one crying about bitches and faggots on this thread.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
No, faggots try and be cute with 'my post is the bestest, end of thread posts.'

I am damn pleased with Tony's play. But you know what? Take Tony away (which is what Cleveland did for almost the entire first half tonight) and we're still okay because Tim was dropping 8 points in the first quarter and playing D, doing other things.

This team gets by okay with Tony out of the game. Every time Tim goes to the bench, Cleveland goes on runs an is productive against us.

Like I said, Tony deserves consideration, but we aren't even here if it isn't for Duncan, and the guy was the only one who showed up in the first half tonight.

So spare me the holier than though Parker pole sucker bullshit and get a fucking clue.

duncan sucked most of the night got those 8 points
then let the refs in his head and made a couple baskets in 4
did not even get 10 rebounds

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I think we should all make a collective effort in this thread to define what "Finals MVP" means.

Some people seem to think points qualifies it, i think those people are as stupid as those who think ppg decides the regular season mvp.

But I think there is a weakness in the argument that "this team is duncan so he deserves mvp"...because in my opinion the award should be based on the finals series exclusively. And while the spurs start out living and dying by the Duncan, the dynamic of matchups and a series worth of adjustments change those things. Did we really start and end with Duncan in game 2? tonight? If duncan had not passed well tonight, he would have an overally subduncan series so far. Meanwhile Bruce Bowen is shutting down the "King" of the nba who put on one of the most dominant playoff performances of all time. LeBron's average is lower this series than any series this year. I say if Bowen shuts his ass down again, scores alot of threes, and we win, give him the award.

FTW. :tu

ajh18
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm just curious, does anyone have the pts/reb/ast/fg% of manu and tim in 2005, and the same stats for parker and duncan in 2007? That would at least provide a statistical comparison for their relative contributions in those two series.

ducks
I think tp or duncan deserve it
but i THINK SAYING tp has no shot is stupid
he deserves props

johnpaulwall21
Tony Parker: 24 ppg, 4 apg, 4 rpg, 0 bpg
Tim Duncan: 20 ppg, 4 apg, 10 rpg, 2.3 bpg

other than the ppg, i give it to TIM!!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
duncan sucked most of the night got those 8 points
then let the refs in his head and made a couple baskets in 4
did not even get 10 rebounds

Parker sucked most of the night got 0 points in the first but then let 40 year old Eric Snow shut him down and made a three in the fourth did not even get 5 assists.

Seriously, fun wasn't it?

Try this - tell me why Parker deserves it over Tim, and don't say because he's scored a lot of points in this series.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
tp should have had 12 assist tonight had shooters made their shots

myhc
Bruce Bowen is doing a great job on Lebron. But let's not go overboard here. You make it sound like he's doing it all by himself. It's the team D that's slowing down Lebron. Having said that, on my MVP ballot, he's 3rd, just like he would've been 3rd on my ballot in 2005 behind Tim and Manu.

I do believe just like in 2005, with Manu having such a great series and still falling short of the MVP, Duncan will edge Tony by another similar 6-4 count if they both by and large score around their series averages.

ajh18
I agree, give it to Tim. What were Manu and Tim's stats in 2005? I just think i would be interesting for camparison's sake.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Tony Parker: 24 ppg, 4 apg, 4 rpg, 0 bpg
Tim Duncan: 20 ppg, 4 apg, 10 rpg, 2.3 bpg

other than the ppg, i give it to TIM!!!!!!!

OMG, you're such a bitch. 4 PPG is all that matters. You're such a faggot [/ginobili fan]

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
he has set up his teamates
he deserves some credit on d against gibson
cavs tripled team tp some tonight
snow just did not guard him

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
rofl ducks

every player in the league would have 12 assists averaged if players made their shots

i give you his d on gibson, that was pretty good, but not stellar, gibson still missed an open look or two.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Bruce Bowen is doing a great job on Lebron. But let's not go overboard here. You make it sound like he's doing it all by himself. It's the team D that's slowing down Lebron. Having said that, on my MVP ballot, he's 3rd, just like he would've been 3rd on my ballot in 2005 behind Tim and Manu.

I do believe just like in 2005, with Manu having such a great series and still falling short of the MVP, Duncan will edge Tony by another similar 6-4 count if they both by and large score around their series averages.

I think it was overlooked by many that he played 44 minutes tonight. When LBJ was resting, Bowen was contributing to a 1-10 night from Daniel Gibson.

violentkitten
tony is playing awesome in this series.

when parker doesn't fill up a stat sheet, then he's "weak", "choking", "mediocre", etc...

when he does, then it's not to his credit.

fuck you. you know who you are. you'll never like parker, even though he's the major reason the spurs are one game away from their 3rd title in 5 years. take away his penetration and scoring and this series would be entirely different.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM
tp should have had 12 assist tonight had shooters made their shots

td should have had 14 assists tonight if shooters had made their shots.

ducks
06-12-2007, 11:57 PM
where was duncan blocks and rebounding tonight?

this team needs both to win
spurs need atleast 2 of the 3 to play well

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Omgg Omg Omg

michaelwcho
06-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Co_MVP for TD,TP, BB.

Why not? Replace any of them with an average player and the team would probably be shot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
If Parker gets it that means he will have been huge in the closeout game. I'm fine with that :tu

I'm just saying 1) I think Duncan still gets it and 2) if you're going to consider Parker for his PPG, you've gotta consider Bowen for his all-around contributions (but mainly for his job on 'Bron).

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
if tp gets mvp, im outties....i probably follow the blazers...

baseline bum
I got Bruce #1, TP a close second, and Tim an even closer third. I hope TnT pick and roll the Cavs to death Thursday.

SpurOutofTownFan
If Parker gets it that means he will have been huge in the closeout game. I'm fine with that :tu

I'm just saying 1) I think Duncan still gets it and 2) if you're going to consider Parker for his PPG, you've gotta consider Bowen for his all-around contributions.

This looks like reasonable to me, but please, please, please, please, for the love of god, don't tell me is because he scores more than anyone else. He IS supposed to shoot 20+ times a game and at least come out with half of it made.

gilmor
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Duncan will get this year MVP..

But this playoffs has been a revelation about the games that Parker can play.. He will only get better.. This year Parker has been so >> Last year Parker

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
It would seriously bring a tear to my eye if Bruce Bowen is hoisting the finals mvp trophy (given that we actually win this series)

ducks
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
This looks like reasonable to me, but please, please, please, please, for the love of god, don't tell me is because he scores more than anyone else. He IS supposed to shoot 20+ times a game and at least come out with half of it made.
yeah he better but other spur players do not have to be held to that standard right

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
you know who deserves it
JAMES FUCKING JAMES

:lol

ginobili fan
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Parker sucked most of the night got 0 points in the first but then let 40 year old Eric Snow shut him down and made a three in the fourth did not even get 5 assists.

Seriously, fun wasn't it?

Try this - tell me why Parker deserves it over Tim, and don't say because he's scored a lot of points in this series.

Ok first I'll stop crying faggot all time and try to tell you why TP deserves it .
1) All the faggot who works in the media(journalist,announcer,specialist...) are still going for TP.
2)You're arguing That TP is shooting more blablabla...but if he doesn't shoot who scores???????????????????????????WHO????????????? Manu? he chokes tonight.
Barry?he isnt consistent
Fin? he sucks!!!!! he's like 3/20 or something like that.
Bowen?do you think because he knocked down 4 3's tonight that he is ray allen and he gonna do again and again?
And Tony is 7/17 tonight then he's the best ouf our big 3 in this exercise.
And he's 12/23 in the 1st game and 13/20 in the 2nd.
How can you do better than that? Give him a break. :lmao he's like 60% fg and I'm saying give him a break!!! isn't it ironic?
3)Plus we knew a better duncan in the finals and what Parker is doing is kinda surprising so this could be one of the reason too.
4)He's simply the second natural leader on the floor during these 3 first games: driving,kicking,being mature, not forcing,be clutch,spectucular,efficient, running the team with his agressiveness...I think it's enough to deserve MVP, if you think bowen deserves it too

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
yeah he better but other spur players do not have to be held to that standard right

Right, that's why you argued earlier in the thread that Parker should get it because Duncan didn't go off for 40 tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:12 AM
ou're arguing That TP is shooting more blablabla...but if he doesn't shoot who scores???????????????????????????WHO?????????????

Where did I argue TP is shooting more? Don't get me confused with anyone else on this thread.

TP scoring, which you argue should be why he gets MVP, is 4 PPG higher than TD.

Meanwhile, TD's got much higher numbers in boards, blocks, and is basically right there with him on assists.

Like I said, TP gets it, that means he has a huge close out game, and I won't complain at all.

ginobili fan
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
End Of Trhead Faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
dude stop replying to that guy, he's a 12 year old who thinks points = greatness

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
2)You're arguing That TP is shooting more blablabla...but if he doesn't shoot who scores???????????????????????????WHO????????????? Manu? he chokes tonight.
Barry?he isnt consistent
Fin? he sucks!!!!! he's like 3/20 or something like that.
Bowen?do you think because he knocked down 4 3's tonight that he is ray allen and he gonna do again and again?
And Tony is 7/17 tonight then he's the best ouf our big 3 in this exercise.
And he's 12/23 in the 1st game and 13/20 in the 2nd.
How can you do better than that? Give him a break. :lmao he's like 60% fg and I'm saying give him a break!!! isn't it ironic?
3)Plus we knew a better duncan in the finals and what Parker is doing is kinda surprising so this could be one of the reason too.
4)He's simply the second natural leader on the floor during these 3 first games: driving,kicking,being mature, not forcing,be clutch,spectucular,efficient, running the team with his agressiveness...I think it's enough to deserve MVP, if you think bowen deserves it too

1. Manu, Oberto and Finley all shot 7 times, I don't think they are supposed to shoot more than that. If they were to shoot as many as 20, maybe they would make some shots and get 20 pts a game.

2. If you say he is the second natural leader on the floor, then who is the first in your opinion?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Right, that's why you argued earlier in the thread that Parker should get it because Duncan didn't go off for 40 tonight.

ducks contradicts himself. He confused me on his statement so I don't know what to respond.

ginobili fan
I'm talking to outofTown and the other faggot I don't remember the name,not you aggie but the hater with a faggot picture...

yeah the faggot named TDMVPDPOY

gilmor
Where did I argue TP is shooting more? Don't get me confused with anyone else on this thread.

TP scoring, which you argue should be why he gets MVP, is 4 PPG higher than TD.

Meanwhile, TD's got much higher numbers in boards, blocks, and is basically right there with him on assists.

Like I said, TP gets it, that means he has a huge close out game, and I won't complain at all.

Aggies.. Question for you.. If parker gets even better next year onwards.. will you please tame your parker bashing? Because one trend is going to be pretty obvious from now onwards.. Parker is getting better and better and Manu is not going to be the Mr do-it-all from this year onwards..

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm talking to outofTown and the other faggot I don't remember the name,not you aggie but the hater with a faggot picture...

too much faggot going on in your posts. I think you might have a problem, houston.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Aggies.. Question for you.. If parker gets even better next year onwards.. will you please tame your parker bashing? Because one trend is going to be pretty obvious from now onwards.. Parker is getting better and better and Manu is not going to be the Mr do-it-all from this year onwards..

I don't think Manu can do any of that starting in the bench IMO. But he is still one of the best players around.

ginobili fan
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
too much faggot going on in your posts. I think you might have a problem, houston.

I thought I was 12 so you are not supposed to respond me...

ginobili fan
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
1. Manu, Oberto and Finley all shot 7 times, I don't think they are supposed to shoot more than that. If they were to shoot as many as 20, maybe they would make some shots and get 20 pts a game.

2. If you say he is the second natural leader on the floor, then who is the first in your opinion?

It's MANU!!!! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM

That's not a problem. I think he'll get to the point where he's the best point guard in the league. That's a lot of my frustration with him. He'll go out and score 30 with 7 assists one night, then come out and go for 10 points and 7 turnovers the next. That's brutal.

I just want him to do it really soon so that we can win a few more rings before TD hangs them up
:toast

I've got two autographed jerseys hanging in my place - one signed by Manu, one signed by Tony. 'Nuff said.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought I was 12 so you are not supposed to respond me...

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know somebody called you out already. 12 years old they said?

rob5
06-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Duncan should get it. His numbers are over all better. Tony has had to take 64 shots to get his points. Too bad it can't be Bowen. That would be so sweet for him.

ginobili fan
06-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know somebody called you out already. 12 years old they said?

Oh soory I'm confused...I thought you were one of those faggot who said 12, yeah,12...:lmao

dg7md
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Parker deserves it. I do believe just most of the Spurs fans here want Duncan to get it so that we can make the case that Duncan > Shaq.

SRJ
06-13-2007, 12:39 AM
One of the things that makes it hard is that we have had a different MVP in each game.

Game One - Tony Parker was at his absolute best. He ran the pick-and-roll to perfection, getting Duncan several dunks in the process. He was typically great in transition, converting his share of layups and threading the needle to Elson for an And-1 jam. Tim was right near him, getting his numbers and turning back the Cavs at the rim with those five blocks.

Game Two - Tim was the master, putting himself in the center of everything with his near triple-double. Tony's assists dropped off but for the second straight game he posted a new personal best in NBA Finals scoring.

Game three - Bruce Bowen made the King work his ass off and gave him some on the other end too. Tony was a lot shakier in this game, but he hit that massive three with a minute to go to extend the lead to five. It turned out to be bigger than expected as Sasha Pavlovic answered it with a three of his own. Tim also hit two big shots - back-to-back free throws to extend the lead to four.

So to my mind, Tony (Gm. 1), Tim (Gm. 2), and Bruce (Gm. 3) have been the MVP's of each game.

Why is it such a shock for TP to win the Finals MVP? Was Cedric Maxwell a more valuable player than Larry Bird in 1981? James Worthy more valuable than Magic in 1988? Tony has nicely elevated his game. Tim is incredible, one of the ten best players of all time, but he's playing at an old hat level for him.

Force me to vote for someone, and I'd have to vote for Tim. But Tony is very, very deserving this time around. It kind of resembles the 2005 situation.

carina_gino20
06-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Tony's pretty much playing like Manu in '05. He's been really impressive and clutch so far, and, I think, as steady as Tim has been. But as much as he has been brilliant, I'd still pick Timmy over him. TD's play is just more complete and it would be more devastating for the Spurs if Timmy were taken out of the equation than if Tony were. Same can be said for Bruce. Take him out and James explodes for 50.

carina_gino20
06-13-2007, 01:08 AM
I think, though, that the media will still vote for Timmy. Tony will have to play like crazy the next game and Tim has to do major suckage for Tony to get the nod.

SpursIndonesia
06-13-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't think Manu can do any of that starting in the bench IMO. But he is still one of the best players around.

Not better than Tony in this year post season for sure. And i can only see one way for Manu which is downhill -perhaps a slightly better version of Barry if he can work his 3pt shooting % upwards.

tim_duncan_fan
06-13-2007, 01:10 AM
I hate the media. Whatever the media portrays, millions of people automatically follow it like mindless robots.

Media Guy with no real NBA knowledge: "It seems to me that Tony Parker is making a case for MVP."

PPG enthusiasts fans with no real NBA knowledge: "Yes! TP iz teh gr8tst!"

Poor Tim Duncan. Leads his team to a great season every year and just can't get due respect from anybody.

TP 4 MVP MY ASS!

VIVA LA FUNDEMENTAL GRANDE!

SpursIndonesia
06-13-2007, 01:14 AM
IMHO, TD will still get the trophy, but if we look at MVP judgement the way TiMVP used to make game/series grade, it's pretty obvious who has stepped his game more in this final.

gameFACE
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Tony probably has the slight edge. His assists were low in Game 2 but Timmy hasn't had a double double the last two games. Game 4 will decide. I think Tim will ultimately get it.

I like the idea of Bruce getting it but it's an idea out of respect.

Fernando TD21
06-13-2007, 01:49 AM

Co_MVP for TD,TP, BB.

Why not? Replace any of them with an average player and the team would probably be shot.
Well said, Bruce defense is amazing and Spurs would suffer a lot without him, but he is not doing everything by himself. Parker offense is great, but it's not like he is the only one scoring and taking care of the offense alone. Duncan helps a lot on both ends of the floor but he can't win alone neither.

So I think it would be really nice if the NBA could give more than 1 MVP or share the MVP between 2 or 3 players. But that's unlikely to happen, so it will probably go to Duncan (considering the 2005 outcome).
Anyway, I don't care who gets it (and I don't think that the players care neither) as long as we win. Go Spurs Go!

Rapper
06-13-2007, 02:32 AM
First of all, I don't like tony at all

At the same time, most of the Chinese doesn't like Tony as well

We'll always take Timmy's part. no matter what he did

We knew that Tony did a great job in this series

But Timmy is the man. Timmy is the star on our team (forever) :)

Hopefully Timmy can be the MVP of finals this year

If Tim can do that! Wow!! 4 time MVP of finals!!!

What a Guy!!!!!!!!!!

bigfish22
06-13-2007, 03:10 AM

You talk a big game about others not knowing shit about basketball. But what your ignorance fails to recognize is that it is the FINALS MVP and not the game by game MVP. And as well all know, offense gets the glory, but DEFENSE wins championships. And you mean to tell me that the lack of offensive domination on LeBron's part didn't cause CLE to lose the game tonite? Please! I'm not advocating for Bruce to get it, although he is definitely woth considering. But I am advocating for you to stop telling others that they don't know shit about ball when you are obviously making yourself look ignorant with your asinine comments.

BTW, TP9's 2007 list of accomplishments:

All Star
NBA Champion
Finals MVP
Locked down Eva
Platinum Album?

? - denotes joke

romain.star
06-13-2007, 04:43 AM
manu didn't get it in 2005 so TP can' have it this time... it would not be fair for manu...
wtf??? this is a typical childish reaction... this is not even an argument here...
Plus, may i remind some of you that this is the Finals MVP trophy... not the Playoffs MVP trophy nor the spurs of the last 10 years MVP trophy....
So enjoy the run and stop bitching about this MVP trophy...

TP deserves it so far... he was the mvp in games 1 and 2 and had some huge shots in game 3 (being the best scorer doesn't hurt either)...

Bruno
06-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Manu has ahd some crappy games during the 07 final. Duncan get it because he was more consistent.

I think Duncan should get it for the moment but Parker is quite close to him and it won't be a shame if he gets it.

and WGAF about the MVP trophy, a fourth win is the main goal.

TPnumber1
06-13-2007, 05:30 AM
tony is the best in the serie , tony will be mvp
:spin

TPnumber1
06-13-2007, 05:35 AM
ok.