Timmy!
06-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Game 3 MVP!

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
And Game 1's.

FlatMan
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Why? Because he got away with a foul at the end? Or because he caused the Cavs to miss 14 wide open 3 pointers?

violentkitten
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Why? Because he got away with a foul at the end? Or because he caused the Cavs to miss 14 wide open 3 pointers?

:baby

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Probably because he made more threes than your whole team. That's a decent place to start.

BlackFlagg
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM

Not at all. He tried the foul and it wasn't called. What're ya gonna do? Get over it.

Bowen's the Man because he's reined in James in this series. In fact, he's the only one who can.

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Not at all. He tried the foul and it wasn't called. What're ya gonna do? Get over it.

Bowen's the Man because he's reined in James in this series. In fact, he's the only one who can.
:lmao at all the people in the world that thought noone could contain the "next" Jordan :rolleyes. All the questions about, "Who's gonna stop Lebron?"

:spin

Bruce for MVP!!
The real DPOY of the past 5 years!

greens
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Seriously, Bruce saved us tonight. I mean he hit FOUR 3 pointers. In the half he was the lead scorer...I mean he did his thing on defense on Lebron the whole game, too.

Really good job by Bruce today especially.

Spurminator
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah the Spurs got screwed on that play. They were trying to foul and it wasn't called. Could have been a disaster.

And I don't want to hear it was in the act of shooting. When the officials know you're trying to foul they rarely give FT's for a shot taken shortly afterwards.

tah
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
He was amazing tonight.

SenorSpur
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
...the fucking truth.

But he almost pissed away his contributions with a near-Manu, brain-dead moment at the end of the game.

50 cent
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
A motherfucking pimp

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Praising a player who intentionally fouled a player taking a three pointer that would have tied the game is ridiculous. He played well, but that last play totally casts a dark shadow over his performance. Had that (and it should have) been called, you'd all be here saying "Bowen you idiot!"

TampaDude
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Bowen is...THE MAN!!! :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Praising a player who intentionally fouled a player taking a three pointer that would have tied the game is ridiculous. He played well, but that last play totally casts a dark shadow over his performance. Had that (and it should have) been called, you'd all be here saying "Bowen you idiot!"

Not really, because it should have been before the shot and LBJ would have been shooting two, down 3 with < 5 seconds left with no timeouts.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM

DUDE!! Have you been watching this series AT ALL??? Bowen's held off James throughout! WTF????

Spurminator
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM
We would have been yelling at the ref for calling continuation on a foul that was well before the shot.

But I guess Cleveland/ESPN have their "leaving the bench" incident to complain about for the next few weeks.

violentkitten
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM

:jack :jack

oh well

greens
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM

If a foul was called, it would have been TWO shots, NOT THREE. It was done before Lebron shot the 3.

So either way, IF Lebron had made those two FTs, then Spurs would still be up by 1 point.

Also, in most games, right at the very end, no fouls are usually called...I remember in Game 5 in 2005 Finals with Detroit, Rip threw an elbow in Tony's face when there was like 5 seconds left in the whole game, no foul was called because refs never like to call last second foul shots.

duncan228
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
It wasn't just Bowen's threes. He had 9 rebounds. And he stayed on LeBron 42 (+?) minutes. Incredible.

greens
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
It wasn't just Bowen's threes. He had 9 rebounds. And he stayed on LeBron 42 (+?) minutes. Incredible.

Yeah, I noticed he barely had any rest. Except when Lebron was also on the bench, that's when Bruce got his rest.

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Bowen is a stud three-point shooter. I enjoy his 3-point makes more than any other player ever, yes, even more than when Manu makes a 3. The way Bruce shoots the 3-ball, with all that wrist motion, it looks so clean when it goes in. Bruce Bowen is the fuckin boss.

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 12:30 AM
DUDE!! Have you been watching this series AT ALL??? Bowen's held off James throughout! WTF????

Bowen has been playing James one on one? Funny, I could swear there's always at least three players within five feet of Lebron...

Creation88
06-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Bruce is undeniably the invisible MVP of this series.

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
If a foul was called, it would have been TWO shots, NOT THREE. It was done before Lebron shot the 3.

So either way, IF Lebron had made those two FTs, then Spurs would still be up by 1 point.

Easily could have been called in the act of shooting. Lebron caught, felt contact and went into motion immediately. Take off your homer glasses.

It was an INTENTIONAL foul.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Bowen has been playing James one on one? Funny, I could swear there's always at least three players within five feet of Lebron...

So, what's your excuse for the open two Cavs?

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Bruce is undeniably the invisible MVP of this series.
Noone wants to admit that. Bruce is the MVP!!! He has the toughest assignment of anyone on the basketball court, PERIOD! And he's come thru as I was the 1st here to say he would. :hat

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 12:34 AM
So, what's your excuse for the open two Cavs?

There is no excuse. They've been terrible.

Crediting Bowen, and Bowen only, with "shutting down" Lebron is a joke. When Lebron has gone iso on Bowen, he has been easily over matched by Lebron's strength. Bowen plays good D, but without the others he's an average defender on Lebron.

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:51 AM
There is no excuse. They've been terrible.

Crediting Bowen, and Bowen only, with "shutting down" Lebron is a joke. When Lebron has gone iso on Bowen, he has been easily over matched by Lebron's strength. Bowen plays good D, but without the others he's an average defender on Lebron.
Take Bowen off this Spurs team and Lebron goes crazy. Period!

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Take Bowen off this Spurs team and Lebron goes crazy. Period!

Goes crazy? No.

Gets more chances? Yes.

The Spurs play team defense.

greens
06-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Easily could have been called in the act of shooting. Lebron caught, felt contact and went into motion immediately. Take off your homer glasses.

It was an INTENTIONAL foul.

Intentional foul BEFORE the 3 point attempt. Watch the replays. Lebron shoots AFTER Bowen "fouls" him...

gameFACE
06-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Noone wants to admit that. Bruce is the MVP!!! He has the toughest assignment of anyone on the basketball court, PERIOD! And he's come thru as I was the 1st here to say he would. :hat
I'll admit it. No debate from me. His defense is freakin' amazing. And every one of those three pointers were nothin but net. They always are.

SA210
06-13-2007, 01:21 AM
I'll admit it. No debate from me. His defense is freakin' amazing. And every one of those three pointers were nothin but net. They always are.
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0612/nba_g_lebron_bowen_412.jpg

BOWENED!

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Intentional foul BEFORE the 3 point attempt. Watch the replays. Lebron shoots AFTER Bowen "fouls" him...

That's going to be called as a "continuation" 95% of the time. How many times has Tony Parker been slashed across the rim, taken a step and then had the shot count as a continuation? Some theory applies here. Ask anyone outside of the Spurs Nation and they'll agree that Lebron should have been shooting three. It was an absolute crock. Insert Dwyane Wade from last year and he'd be at the line taking three before you could even blink.

Home court, chance to tie the game, in your first finals appearance ever - and the ref standing a few feet away forgets the rules. That's a straight joke.

It's not an excuse for the loss, but it's absolutely terrible and outrageous.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Goes crazy? No.

Gets more chances? Yes.

The Spurs play team defense.

True, but witness the 4th in G2. Toward the end, Bruce comes back in and harnesses LeBron. Not something I cared to admit, but.... end of story!

Dex
06-13-2007, 01:50 AM

You have to make the shot AND get the foul called to even be within the realm of a four point play.

Neither of those things happened.

So yes, if reality ceased to be reality, the Cavs could've won.

I still don't see where your argument is here.

Timmy!
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Bowen Game 3:
43 min, 9 reb, 13 points & keeping LBJ in check. Nuff said.

Loose Cannon
06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
You know your team is getting the shit kicked out of them when your smack turns into "Bowen had help shutting James down in the 4-0 NBA Finals sweep! He's not really that good! omg!".

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Let Bowen guard James one-on-one with no help defense at all. James would go off. Every time Lebron has gone iso on Bowen, he's gotten to the rim.

Bowen is a good defender, but he alone can't stop Lebron. Crediting Bowen for "shutting down Lebron" when he has two other teammates within arms reach of him and Lebron's team missing wide open shots is a joke.

MadDog73
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Let Bowen guard James one-on-one with no help defense at all. James would go off. Every time Lebron has gone iso on Bowen, he's gotten to the rim.

Bowen is a good defender, but he alone can't stop Lebron. Crediting Bowen for "shutting down Lebron" when he has two other teammates within arms reach of him and Lebron's team missing wide open shots is a joke.

Actually, FlatMan has a good point.

If Bowen deserves MVP for defending LeBron, then so does Tim for coming in and helping.

Again, this is why I hate MVP debates. Spurs are an incredible team that are better than their great individual parts.

How many other teams could win on the road with their third leading scorer held to 0 Fgs, and only 3 pts off FTs?

Team defense won tonight.

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
You mean like that "charge" against Manu (3rd quarter I think) that should have been a foul on the Cavs?

I guess that makes it even.

cherylsteele
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Let Bowen guard James one-on-one with no help defense at all.
I it is a team game so I really don't care how they defend James, as long as it gets done, but Bruce was a big part of it. Bruce just makes it difficult for whoever he is guarding.

peskypesky
06-13-2007, 11:58 AM

Shut your piehole, you little bitch.
You think Bowen was the only one who got away with a foul?
You think Tim Duncan was only fouled once in that game? You gotta be fucking kidding me, you twat.

Bruce Bowen is shutting down the Prince, and that's a fact, crybaby loser. :ihit

peskypesky
06-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Lebron should have been shooting three....It's not an excuse for the loss, but it's absolutely terrible and outrageous.

No. What's "absolutely terrible" is the Cavs. Your team SUCKS!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM

No, not really. You just don't know shit about basketball.

Yeah, Bowen gets help when 'Bron goes into the lane. SO what? That's team defense.

But when Bowen denies him the lane and James has to put up lower percentage jumpers, that's all Bowen.

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
You mean like that "charge" against Manu (3rd quarter I think) that should have been a foul on the Cavs?

I guess that makes it even.

So a charge in the early minutes of a third quarter is the same as an intentional foul on a three point shooter at the end of a game? Ok...

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Shut your piehole, you little bitch.
blah blah blah you're an idiot omg lol blah blah blah

You have no credibility at all. Your response is littered with name-calling because you're immature and unable to actually carry on a legitimate conversation. A 2 year old could add more to this conversation than you.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Bruce is my MVP in this series...

FlatMan
06-13-2007, 04:58 PM
No, not really. You just don't know shit about basketball.

Yeah, Bowen gets help when 'Bron goes into the lane. SO what? That's team defense.

But when Bowen denies him the lane and James has to put up lower percentage jumpers, that's all Bowen.

Jesus man, I didn't say Bowen isn't doing anything. What he's doing is with the HELP of others 99% of the time. If Bowen is denying James the lane, it's because Duncan/Oberto/whomever is within an arm's reach also. You cannot deny that - and if you do, wow. Just watch any play with Bowen on Lebron - the entire Spurs team is focused on Lebron too, shifting and moving to force him out.

When Lebron gets Bowen on the blocks, in a true one-on-one stance, Lebron easily muscles his way past Bowen.

peskypesky
06-13-2007, 04:58 PM
You have no credibility at all. Your response is littered with name-calling because you're immature and unable to actually carry on a legitimate conversation. A 2 year old could add more to this conversation than you.

I'll litter you, you smelly little turd.

SA210
06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Bruce is my MVP in this series...