Vito Corleone
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Lebron's post game interview

No excuses
No crying

Nothing but very mature answers.

gaKNOW!blee
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
thats lebron talking about that last play.

wow, thats some class and a true man not complaining.

SUNS PLAYERS, COACHES, AND FANS YOU SHOULD TAKE A NOTE!!!

TheTruth
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah, big ups to him. Could have made that foul a bigger thing than it was. Takes a man to take the blame like he did.

samikeyp
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
True class, King. :tu

gaKNOW!blee
06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
as I said in my post i made, Suns players coaches and fans should all learn from that.

NASpurs
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
He's very mature considering his age. No wonder he's so damn good. He was asked about the foul and said he just missed the three and it was incidental contact.

He's also gained a lot of respect from me.

michaelwcho
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
did he say that? That IS class.

Of course, I would need a baseball bat to affect Bron's shot...

SenorSpur
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
True class on the young bucks' part. I really was expecting to see his frustration boil over into the press conference.

For the record, it was a Bowen foul. I was surprised as hell the refs didn't call it.

We'll take it anyway!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Yeah, and I also liked how he didn't call out Sideshow Bob for that one potential game tying play.

He's a very good leader and teammate.

DudleyDawson
He called Bowen's contact on him "incidental contact". He said it did not affect his shot... I realize he doesn't want to be called a whiner, but even at that he should be commended. In an age where players often complain about fouls after losses, I consider this really refreshing considering the Spurs discussed in the time out, and were obviously trying to foul him being up by three. That's pretty incredible for such a young guy. I'm the type of fan that hates hearing excuses by my team after a loss, so for a player on the opposing team to have an excuse to gripe, and choose not to, is really humbling. Good luck to him.

Switchman
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Much respect for Lebron.

Jimcs50
He has never been a whiner. This is nothing new.

judaspriestess
Props to Lebron James

his post game interview is just another example of how the Cavs organization are emulating the Spurs organization. No bullshit excuses, just class acts.

Tek_XX
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Lebron seems like a good guy, very well spoken.

ChumpDumper
We paid him off too!

Jimcs50
Most of us in this forum whine and complain 100 times as much as the players.

:)

Strike
As much as I dislike Lebron James, I give him MAJOR credit for taking it like a man and not pulling an Amare Stoudemire.

He was yelling at the refs and actually had to stop to compose himself, but he manned up at the presser and wouldn't take the bait from the media whores.

I have a bit more respect for James now.

TampaDude
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
LeBron did ask the ref about the foul at the end of the game, but when it came time to face the cameras, he didn't press the issue...props to LBJ...he's a class act. :toast

T Park
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Lebron with that, instantly became my favorite NBA player outside of san antonio.

To stand up and say "its on me, not them" and not pull a Phoenix, is fantastic.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
:lmao, someone finally has a legitimate beef and we prop a guy for lying about it.

makedamnsure
Yup, huge props to LeBron. I'll go buy a pair of his shoes now :]

flame
I was suprised/impressed/amazed. I think pretty much anyone would have said something about that foul. However - I'm not suprised that of all people it was LeBron who said it - he is a classy player and mature WAY beyond his years.

I personally was rooting for the Cavs in the East because if we lost to them, I really wouldn't feel too bad. LeBron is a great guy with a very bright future. I'm glad he DIDNT make an issue of it, but I wouldn't blame him if he did like I would most people.

*cough Amare cough*

Darkwaters
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Agreed. I love him not "pulling a Phoenix". LeBron shows obvious maturity in front of the cameras. Props.

Jimcs50
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Lebron with that, instantly became my favorite NBA player outside of san antonio.

To stand up and say "its on me, not them" and not pull a Phoenix, is fantastic.

He also gave much props to Coach Pop and the SA players.....compare him to Denver and Phoenix players and coaches, and you will realize that he is truly a special NBA players and young man.

picnroll
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
The anti-Amare

easjer
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I have a ton of respect for LeBron, especially from this post-season. Team player, willing to take the superstar responsibility (even when it's not his fault), talks guys up, doesn't bitch and moan off court.

Too bad he's not a Spur. He seems like a good kid and remarkably well grounded for someone that young with that much money (yeah, he has the arrogance of youth, but given where he is? amazing).

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I love how Don Harris is the only one who keeps bringing up Bruce's foul during the press conference.
:rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
:lmao, someone finally has a legitimate beef and we prop a guy for lying about it.

Jesus christ would you stop playing the chumpdumper for once in your posting life and stop trying to stir shit
No fucking way it was not a foul but no fucking way that foul should have been called in that situation. End of story.

UV Ray
06-12-2007, 11:25 PM

You nailed it Chumpy. Nothing more than post game PR.

Borosai
06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Lebron is definitely not expressing how he really feels. He wanted the foul on the court, and didn't get it. The Cavs preach not making excuses, and they stick to it, but that's not how they really feel.

That said, Lebron is a hybrid star. On one hand, he wants the money, the fame, the endorsement deals, etc..., but on the other hand, he is a team player and not a whiner off the court. It's difficult to gauge him, but eventually, he'll have it all. Just not this year.

makedamnsure
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
well I mean on the court, of course LeBron was going to ask for the foul if it means his team wins. But off it? He's had time to cool down and analyze things and he knows what Bruce was trying to do and huge props to him for telling the world that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Lebron is definitely not expressing how he really feels. He wanted the foul on the court, and didn't get it. The Cavs preach not making excuses, and they stick to it, but that's not how they really feel.

That said, Lebron is a hybrid star. On one hand, he wants the money, the fame, the endorsement deals, etc..., but on the other hand, he is a team player and not a whiner off the court. It's difficult to gauge him, but eventually, he'll have it all. Just not this year.
I think Lebron is able to be flashy, a la Muhammed Ali, but not overly arrogant.

Anyway, I don't agree with some of the comments about how it's a trickle-down trait from the organization, or because LEBRON is told to say the right things, groomed by the right people. It's true in some cases. But I don't think so with Lebron. Sometimes humility, unselfishness, is part of a person's character and nature, and Lebron is an example of that. He's always been very unselfish, and had his ego-in check, since day one.
So it's a backhanded compliment to accredit that to outside influence.

Lebron gets the respect because he earns it by example. There are so many other young immature prima-donnas in this league. It's refreshing.

T Park
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
He also gave much props to Coach Pop and the SA players.....compare him to Denver and Phoenix players and coaches, and you will realize that he is truly a special NBA players and young man.

Yeah hes pretty much the anti Sun, and Anti Nowitzki.

DudleyDawson
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Lebron is definitely not expressing how he really feels. He wanted the foul on the court, and didn't get it. The Cavs preach not making excuses, and they stick to it, but that's not how they really feel.and if he expressed how he really felt you would say what?

That's the point..he had a beef, and still spoke with class. Props.

BlackFlagg
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
All props to Lebron. No whining, no bitching. He has a long career ahead of him. :clap :clap :clap

Borosai
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
and if he expressed how he really felt you would say what?

That's the point..he had a beef, and still spoke with class. Props.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying it's not genuine. He was fouled, he knows he was fouled intentionally and it wasn't incidental contact. He's not sitting there and blaming the refs for the loss like many others have and would, and that's commendable. No excuses.

SRJ
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
LeBron has ego and swagger - that much is obvious. But the man's a competitor.

A competitor focuses upon those things which are within his/her control. It was obviously an attempt to foul and there was some contact. In the heat of the moment, LeBron pointed out to the referee that there was a foul on the play. However, when he had time to compose himself, LeBron chose to tell the world that the contact was incidental and that it didn't affect the shot. He also told the world that he missed some makeable shots.

In other words, I'm not going to assign blame to "dirty" Bruce Bowen, or the referees, the altercation rule, or David Stern. I'm responsible, and I'm going to keep on coming until one of us gets to four wins. That's the right attitude for a competitor to have, and that's why LeBron will win championships someday soon.

docjay
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
yep big props,, but contrary to media it was not in the act of shooting watch it over again and again, spurs had fould to give and that is what bowen was doing

duncan228
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I was also surprised and impressed by how LeBron handled himself.

In all the hype it's been easy to miss what an okay guy he is.

I'm proud of him. At 22, he seems to actually have a head on his shoulders.

milkyway21
06-13-2007, 12:38 AM
I have a ton of respect for LeBron, especially from this post-season. Team player, willing to take the superstar responsibility (even when it's not his fault), talks guys up, doesn't bitch and moan off court.

Too bad he's not a Spur. He seems like a good kid and remarkably well grounded for someone that young with that much money (yeah, he has the arrogance of youth, but given where he is? amazing).

MY HIGH PRAISE TO LEBRON.

SUCH A GOOD HEAD OVER HIS SHOULDERS.

NO COMPLAINS. NO WHINING. A LOT OF RESPECT FOR HIS OPPONENTS.
:tu :clap

:worthy: to be :bking

YOUR TIME WILL COME.

Just let us have this 4th trophy.

(thanks God ShaQ or KG is not playing with yah. It could have been a Spurs loss last night)

klx23
06-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Can someone fill me in on what Amare & the Suns said during the postgame conferences you guys are talking about?

SpursWillOwn
06-13-2007, 01:00 AM
But his aim is to be the riches man in the world

Fernando TD21
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM

I agree.

LavaLamp
06-13-2007, 01:45 AM

Yea. I understand why what he did is classy but shouldn't it be as simple as going with the truth?

scandals4u
06-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Yes he was fouled and yes LeBron had a reason to be upset about the non call but Props to him for owning up and not taking the easy way out. Hands down my favorite player outside of san antonio. Coach Brown has a winner there and I see big things in the future for that organization. I hope the turkeys in phoenix had out their pen and paper and were taking notes. On a side note it's nice to see the fans in cleveland root for their team to the end and not resort to tossing water bottles. Class all around.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
I don't understand how lying is "owning up."

OldDirtMcGirt
06-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. get the money, dolla dolla bill yall.

Seriouisly, he just doesn't want to ruin his image. Winners bitch and moan about calls all the time.

SRJ
06-13-2007, 02:10 AM

Him claiming that that the contact was incidental was not owning up. Clearly, that was a complete 180 from what he said to the ref. Owning up is saying that I missed some makeable shots, which LeBron said in the press conference. It's the attitude of controlling what you can control.

Had he bitched in the PC about the non-call, it wouldn't have done a damn thing to the outcome of the game and would have pegged LeBron as just another whiner who never loses a fair game, ie the Suns attitude.

If the cameras hadn't caught LeBron complaining on court, there's nothing to talk about now. I'd bet my internal organs that Tim has done the same thing before, only Tim isn't nearly so scrutinzed as LBJ is.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 02:15 AM
He accepted the non-call and moved on.

mavs>spurs2
06-13-2007, 02:16 AM
:lmao he may have a legitimate excuse, but at that point there's no point in whining about it, the game's already over. Props.

gospursgooo
06-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Believe it or not, I actually like LeBron James!

UV Ray
06-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. get the money, dolla dolla bill yall.

Seriouisly, he just doesn't want to ruin his image. Winners bitch and moan about calls all the time.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Slo spurs fan
06-13-2007, 02:44 AM
It WAS a foul, BUT not a shooting foul. Refs should give him only two free throws and that was not enough to make an extra time. So maybe they decided to give him a shot at three pointer and do it or die was on LeBron.

Slo spurs fan
06-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Oh and respect for LBJ for not whinning.

SRJ
06-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

...just not the bling.

UV Ray
06-13-2007, 02:52 AM
...just not the bling.

Riley and Jackson did an awful lot of whining and working the refs. And they ain't exactly blingless. It's part of the game.

Johnny RIngo
06-13-2007, 02:54 AM
This is why Lebron will get a ring sometime in his future. Unlike the collective group of bitches on the Phoenix Suns Lebron showed class. Stoudewhiner and Steve Trash could learn a thing or two from the 22 year old.

Johnny RIngo
06-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Riley and Jackson did an awful lot of whining and working the refs. And they ain't exactly blingless. It's part of the game.

Except Riley and Jackson's team's knew how to play defense. Suns are a nothing more than a gimmick. Their style has never won a championship outside of Europe. D'Antoni should take that weak shit back to Italy and watch some of those 80s championship teams that played excellent offense AND defense.

spurscenter
06-13-2007, 03:01 AM
its reverse pyscology

to tel the nba and refs, I got freaking fouled.

he will get lots of calls game 4.

and i dont blame lebron

LOVE U SPURS!

Spurs in 5!

UV Ray
06-13-2007, 03:07 AM
Except Riley and Jackson's team's knew how to play defense. Suns are a nothing more than a gimmick. Their style has never won a championship outside of Europe. D'Antoni should take that weak shit back to Italy and watch some of those 80s championship teams that played excellent offense AND defense.

Maybe they should, but that's not the subject. Please stay on topic.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-13-2007, 03:33 AM

You'd be incorrect that fast break ball can't win championships. And the Suns are decently defensively, especially with Kurt Thomas in the lineup. But that's neither here nor there.

The main point is that whining does sometimes equal winning. Shaq constantly bitches about the refs, and the "Bad Boy" Pistons (Bill Laimbeer in particular) were pretty much the biggest bitches to step foot on a basketball court and they won a pair of rings. So I don't really see the correlation.

dav4463
06-13-2007, 03:45 AM
It was simple. The ref passed on the call which would have been before the shot (ball out of bounds), and allowed James to have a chance to tie the game on a 3 pt try. LeBron understands the game and you can't blame him for trying to get the call, but he knows it was a good non-call. LeBron is OK in my book!

Emeyin
06-13-2007, 03:50 AM
I liked LeBron actually. Not a big fan or anything like that but how he handled himself at the interview was pretty refreshing. Much respect for that even though he was fouled. Now wether it would have been 2 or 3 Free Throws is a different story.

milkyway21
06-13-2007, 05:03 AM
I liked LeBron actually. Not a big fan or anything like that but how he handled himself at the interview was pretty refreshing. Much respect for that even though he was fouled. Now wether it would have been 2 or 3 Free Throws is a different story.
even if he was awarded 3 FTs a 69% FT shooter like he is, he can miss 1 and the headlines would go like this :

LEBRON MISSED 2 AT THE LINE AND LOST THE GAME :cry

a non-call was the better option.

LilMissSPURfect
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
other than all the media hype (that i don't pay attention much too) i know nothing about lebron. never really watched any of them 1000 of nationally televised regular season games.

I gotta say, I've changed my perception on the young fella! Shown alot of leadership qualities....

the no excuses no whinnying attitude has earned him a gold star in my book...its refreshing!!

:king :king :king :toast :toast :toast :clap :clap

Vito Corleone
06-13-2007, 02:18 PM

I don't think anyone is praising him for lying, I and most other here are praising him because he had an opportunity to cry in front of the camera's about that last play but he didn't and that took a lot of maturity.

Did he get fouled? I would say yes.
Was he in the act of shooting? That is debateable and something I would consider a judgement call.
Did he lie about being fouled? Yes, but how many times has San Antonio been on the wrong end of controversey and said nothing about it infront of the cameras. Duncan will bitch and moan to the refs all day long but you will never see him do it in front of the cameras. Same with the rest of the Spurs. To see Lebron do the same thing is very mature on his part.

Vito Corleone
06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
You'd be incorrect that fast break ball can't win championships. And the Suns are decently defensively, especially with Kurt Thomas in the lineup. But that's neither here nor there.

The main point is that whining does sometimes equal winning. Shaq constantly bitches about the refs, and the "Bad Boy" Pistons (Bill Laimbeer in particular) were pretty much the biggest bitches to step foot on a basketball court and they won a pair of rings. So I don't really see the correlation.

Back in the 80's and early 90's when a player cried about the refs, or another player, the league took notice. The problem is that teams started using it as a tactic to gain an advantage and now the league is sick of it and most fans are sick of it. What happens in a game is not the problem, players have always cried to the refs and the Spurs are no exception but it gets real old hearing players and coaches cry to the media, all it does is make the whole league look bad.

THERE IS NO NBA CONSPIRACY!

If there was, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be there to help the Spurs, the first place they would start would be New York.

When a player stands in front of a camera they need to act like a professional and show sportsmenship even if they were wronged on the floor.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Man I would of let Anderson have it in the press conference lol. Very mature indeed.

MadDog73
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Where's Zig?

Johnny RIngo
06-13-2007, 03:38 PM

There's only two teams in NBA history that were worse defensively than the Suns and still won the championship:

1) One of the Bulls teams during their first 3-peat
2) '01 Lakers.

The Suns don't have any dominant HOFers on their team(MJ/Shaq/Kobe) or a HOFer coach like PJ so I can't say I like Sun's chances. When I look at the Suns team all I see is a lot of talent being wasted by mediocre gimmick coach. D'Antoni is basically the Western Conference's version of Flip Saunders.