PDA

View Full Version : Is Don Harris the biggest Dip Sh_t ever?

Real Tomato Ketchup
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Ssia

Mr. Peabody
06-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't know what the point of his comments/question to Tim was. Is he trying to start controversy?

The Red Hood
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes thank you! someone here thinks the same way I do but I have to ask what are your reasons for hating him P.S. Woai Living remarked on how Van Gundy made that comment about san antonio they as always blew it all out of proportion the actually said that he was on the same boat as Mark Cuban WTF?

The Red Hood
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know what the point of his comments/question to Tim was. Is he trying to start controversy?

What did he say? :wtf

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Is Don Harris the biggest Dip Sh_t ever?
Yes

Yes, as he is also the only one that kept making an issue of Bruce's foul.
Don Harris is a moron.

Borosai
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Who is Don Harris?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
What a retard. I'm surprised he didn't follow up with 'hey Tim, I think Avery's a great guy. Don't you think the same?'

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
"Tim, Tony is playing great. Do you think you should be Finals MVP, or Tony?"

What the fuck?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
He should be shot in the face without a blindfold.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Michael Wilbon making a case for whining to the media by Brown because it changes the way the refs call it

omg Mike Wilbons faith scale just dipped below Harris'

he's saying it blatantly has an effect when you whine

xamila rey
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
i think he also asked Tim if he would vote for Tony....

i love Timmy answer, he said he would and that he only cares about the 4 ring.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I've lost all respect for Wilbon here in the Finals. Dude is pouting because he can't slobber Lebron's knob.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I've lost all respect for Wilbon here in the Finals. Dude is pouting because he can't slobber Lebron's knob.
Not just wilbon, but kornhiser from pti has been bitching about the Spurs as well.

Mr. Peabody
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM
He basically told Tim that he polled the media and they feel that Parker is the MVP; however, the fans in San Antonio think Duncan is the MVP. He then asked Duncan whether he would vote for TP as MVP and Duncan replied that he didn't really care who got it. But what was the point of the question? What else did Harris expect Duncan to say? Did he think Duncan would say "No, Tony doesn't deserve it. I do."?

Buddy Holly
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Harris sucks so much ass, in fact that entire third rated station sucks so much.

violentkitten
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
where's greg simmons when you need him?

SA210
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
He should be shot in the face without a blindfold.
:lmao

LuvBones
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
WTF?! Is he for real?? No wonder a lot of players don't want to talk to him.

And ESPN needs to stfu with their "lebron was fouled and if it was called lebron would get 3 free throws to tie the game". They say it likes it's a freaking fact.

Obstructed_View
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
WTF?! Is he for real?? No wonder a lot of players don't want to talk to him.

And ESPN needs to stfu with their "lebron was fouled and if it was called lebron would get 3 free throws to tie the game". They say it likes it's a freaking fact.
:lol Um, it is a fact. He WAS fouled, and if it had been called Lebron would have gotten three free throws. Brett Hull's foot was in the crease, too. They talked about that for a while.

Strike
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM

No shit. I used to watch PTI and take his side over Kornheiser all the freaking time.

The more these playoffs go on, the more I despise Wilbon.

He is becoming as big a Lebron whore as Ahmad Rashad was Jordan's whore.

SenorSpur
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Harris sucks so much ass, in fact that entire third rated station sucks so much.

This dude is ridiculous. It's would be one thing for some dipshit from another city asking that question. But him doing so, proves S.A. has their own local media dispshits.

LuvBones
06-13-2007, 12:02 AM
:lol Um, it is a fact. He WAS fouled, and if it had been called Lebron would have gotten three free throws. Brett Hull's foot was in the crease, too. They talked about that for a while.
What?? IF they called a foul it wasn't even in the act of shooting and Spurs had a foul to give. So it's not a fact that Lebron would've shot three AND make them all to tie. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

The Red Hood
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM

Really there third rated? always wondered how they did in ratings I like Ksat 12 not only are they better but Steve Brown makes Jennifer Broome look like an amateur and plus they don't take credit for everything wasn't it you sa210 who said that Don Harris made your email sound like it was his idea DAMN I HATE WOAI WITH THE PASSION :pctoss

Buddy Holly
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM

Ehhh, wrong. He wasn't in the act of shooting when he was touched/fouled. FACT.

johngateswhiteley
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
yes, yes he is. right with vexler and the other dipshits over at 760...

Mr. Peabody
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
What?? IF they called a foul it wasn't even in the act of shooting and Spurs had a foul to give. So it's not a fact that Lebron would've shot three AND make them all to tie. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

We're going to hear about the Lebron "no-call" for at least the next two days.

RC's Boss
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
That wasn't a foul :madrun Lebron should thank Bruce for the gentle back rub b/c that's all I saw. Didn't even effect his shot unless he's tickleish.... I guess I'm too much in favor of "letting the players play" when it comes to playoff basketball. That would really be fucked up if they blew a whistle for a massage.

RC's Boss
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
:smokin This is good shit, I'm hungry :hungry:

ajh18
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
They just replayed Larry Johnson's 4-pt play in 1999, in which the EXACT SAME PLAY was given continuation, and the NBA SAID THEY WERE WRONG. Apparently the NBA said that in that situation, it's on the floor, not a shooting foul.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Ah. Gotcha. You are correct. He wouldn't have just automatically made the shots. Sorry, I missed your point. Bowen did foul him, and he would have gotten continuation in my opinion. Regardless, it was a bad decision by Bowen because it puts the decision on the potential outcome of the game into the hands of the officials to make a judgment call. If that were Lebron fouling Manu in the same situation, you guys would be losing your minds.

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
wasn't it you sa210 who said that Don Harris made your email sound like it was his idea DAMN I HATE WOAI WITH THE PASSION :pctoss
Yep, he's a moron. He steals people's ideas, creates controversy when there doesn't need to be and makes a tremendous amount of misleading statements, and has also picked against the Spurs a couple of times when we won. He even picked Shaq over Duncan to start a team a few years back. :lol

Buddy Holly
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Bowen did foul him, and he would have gotten continuation in my opinion.

Seeing as how there is no continuation on jumpshots how exactly does he get a continuation?

LuvBones
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Judging from all the people who have mixed opinions on whether Lebron was in the act of shooting or not should be enough for ESPN to report it that way and not like it's a fact Lebron would have received 3 free throws.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Seeing as how there is no continuation on jumpshots how exactly does he get a continuation?
Where'd you get that from?

jaespur21
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
DON HARRIS...............FTP.
my fellow latinos know whats up

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
:lol ^^^

orale

The Red Hood
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Yep, he's a moron. He steals people's ideas, creates controversy when there doesn't need to be and makes a tremendous amount of misleading statements, and has also picked against the Spurs a couple of times when we won. He even picked Shaq over Duncan to start a team a few years back. :lol

Yeah talk about slobbering over someones knob Don Harris has a little thing for Shaq it wasn't to long ago when he did a special story/report on Shaq and how much of a good person he is

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 12:32 AM
They just replayed Larry Johnson's 4-pt play in 1999, in which the EXACT SAME PLAY was given continuation, and the NBA SAID THEY WERE WRONG. Apparently the NBA said that in that situation, it's on the floor, not a shooting foul.
Bill Walton said that he didn't think it was a shooting foul, too. Obviously it's a judgment call. I seem to recall Allen Iverson getting at least one, maybe two continuations against the Spurs in the first round that were genuinely puzzling. I reiterate: Bad decision by Bowen in that situation, especially if the refs don't know the team's intention is to foul before he shoots the ball.

I'm done arguing about calls. Deck chairs on the titanic. Game over. Get out the brooms. Have a good night, guys.

TVI
06-13-2007, 12:34 AM
:lol Um, it is a fact. He WAS fouled, and if it had been called Lebron would have gotten three free throws.Ridiculous. Only three things could have happened:

foul called in the act of shooting -- three free throws (bailout call...not likely)
foul called, but not in the act of shooting -- ball out on the side (second most likely)
no foul called (most likely outcome - refs letting the players decide the game)

GrandeDavid
06-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Don Harris has skills at nothing. He has no talent and its a poor reflection on the talent the San Antonio media pulls. Weak.

ajh18
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Marc Jackson annoyed the hell out of me this game too. He kept saying Lebron was making "grown man plays", or something like that. I was like what the hell is this guy talking about?

Buddy Holly
06-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Don Harris needs to be rid of ASAP, he's so lame. For christ sakes he still does his retarded Avery impression.

jaespur21
06-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Marc Jackson annoyed the hell out of me this game too. He kept saying Lebron was making "grown man plays", or something like that. I was like what the hell is this guy talking about?

Yup

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:53 AM

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9686/fulljgetty74165827db054np2.jpg

Grown Man Play

rr2418
06-13-2007, 12:57 AM

Um, NO! Yes it was a foul but it came before LJ put up the shot.

jaespur21
06-13-2007, 12:59 AM
DID i mention Don Harris FTP................FUDGE THAT PUTO

SA210
06-13-2007, 01:36 AM
bump

with the hope that Don Harris were to somehow read this thread.

Gunspurs
06-13-2007, 01:39 AM
I know it's silly, but I cannot watch WOAI anymore because of that "bonehead" Don Harris. He predicted that Phoenix would win the championship In '05 and he predicted that Dallas would win this year. He acts so self important. I used to like him, when the Spurs won the championship in '99 he put together a great montage that actual made me teary eyed.

Leetonidas
06-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Hell yeah! Fuck that puto! :sombrero:

Agloco
06-13-2007, 02:05 AM

Gotta disagree with you here. It was clearly in the act of shooting.

The part of the argument that is fallacious however is the notion that LeBrick would have hit all three to tie it up.

It's still an adventure at the line for him. I don't see him hitting all three pressure packed shots.

scandals4u
06-13-2007, 02:09 AM
He wasn't in the act of shooting it was early and yes it was a foul. Don harris was out to lunch when he asked those lame questions. I used to watch that news cast and sports cast but quit watching them when they started trying to make news instead of just reporting it. Makes me wonder what the players say about the reporters they must think the majority of them have the IQ of a gnat.

efrem1
06-13-2007, 02:09 AM
where's greg simmons when you need him?

Where's Dan Cook, George Wood and Jerry Desmond when you need them? :spin

Josh810
06-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Reason # 815 ABC's coverage sucks. He really does not know too much about the game compared to someone like Van Gundy. That play where he thought it was a charge on Manu, wtf? Then when a Cav does the same thing, calls it "drawing the contact." Love how Van Gundy called him out on that, and always calls him out when he's being an idiot.

rwb
06-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Reason # 815 ABC's coverage sucks. He really does not know too much about the game compared to someone like Van Gundy. That play where he thought it was a charge on Manu, wtf? Then when a Cav does the same thing, calls it "drawing the contact." Love how Van Gundy called him out on that, and always calls him out when he's being an idiot.

I loved that, too. I was yelling at the TV that Sideshow Bob's feet weren't even close to being set when Van Gundy told him he was wrong. I thought the rules on charging had suddenly changed. It was a bad call among many tonight, but Harris is becoming less and less tolerable. Maybe he's fishing for a job offer from SI.

spursfan09
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM

And then everyother camera shot of Lebron when the game is not in play is of him biting his finger nails.

EVAY
06-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Ssia
He certainly was one last night. That question was, I believe,intended to provoke controversy, but if Tim took it seriously all it could actually accomplish was internal hard feelings among spurs players. You could tell that Tim didn't like the question either. It was a hurtful question to ask of the team MVP, and it had no redeeming social value. It really, really, really made Harris look bad, and if there ends up being bad feelings between Tim and Tony for it we can expect Harris to blow it up. That was just awful.

ambchang
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
To me, the play at the end of the game was definitely a foul, and it was in the act of shooting.
Lebron picked up his dribble when he got fouled, and he shot it in one motion. It was a stupid mistake by Bowen.

degenerate_gambler
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
True Don Harris story:

He used to date my sister back in the day. He was at my parent's home one evening w/my sister and they were sitting around talking while the 10 o'clock news was on. My dad was saying something to my sister when Harris tells my dad to "be quiet, sports is on".

That was the last time I ever saw him over there.

The Red Hood
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM

Van Gundy: "O so when Ginobili does the same play against Varejao it is a offensive foul" Jackson:"The difference is Lebron James say meet me at the basket you want to come at me I will draw the contact" Van Gundy:"How do you always know what these guys are saying" :lol

BacktoBasics
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I think it was a foul but I also think the Refs let it go to give James an opportunity to hit the jumper. If the ref blows the wistle right when Bowen touches him its not in the act of shooting. The ref held back because it wasn't going to affect James getting the shot off and its good to see the officials attempting to let the game be decided by the players not the zebras.

James said in the post game that it was incidental contact and it didn't affect his shot. He was given the opportunity to tie the game and he didn't. I think it was a good no call.

MoSpur
06-13-2007, 09:30 AM

:lmao

That is hilarious. I want to go see George when he comes.

MoSpur
06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Don Harris is annoying as heck. His Avery Johnson voice is tired. His, "you heard it here first" is almost always wrong because I usually read it first here on Spurstalk or on ESPN.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Spurs had a foul to give.

Lebron was fouled and then tried to make an off balance continuation from too far out.

LeBron had Bowen beat or Bruce wouldn't have made the little grab from behind.

leBron had time on the clock to take two more steps to the three point line and put up an uncontested shot.

LeBron decided to put it in the hands of the refs instead by forcing the shot from way outside.

Refs didn't call it. Game over.

This is the finals LeBron. Don't count on the refs to bail you out on the last play of the game.

Fouled Out
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I think it was a foul but I also think the Refs let it go to give James an opportunity to hit the jumper. If the ref blows the wistle right when Bowen touches him its not in the act of shooting. The ref held back because it wasn't going to affect James getting the shot off and its good to see the officials attempting to let the game be decided by the players not the zebras.

James said in the post game that it was incidental contact and it didn't affect his shot. He was given the opportunity to tie the game and he didn't. I think it was a good no call.

Good call i agree

SA210
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
True Don Harris story:

He used to date my sister back in the day. He was at my parent's home one evening w/my sister and they were sitting around talking while the 10 o'clock news was on. My dad was saying something to my sister when Harris tells my dad to "be quiet, sports is on".

That was the last time I ever saw him over there.
:lol

SsKSpurs21
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
He basically told Tim that he polled the media and they feel that Parker is the MVP; however, the fans in San Antonio think Duncan is the MVP. He then asked Duncan whether he would vote for TP as MVP and Duncan replied that he didn't really care who got it. But what was the point of the question? What else did Harris expect Duncan to say? Did he think Duncan would say "No, Tony doesn't deserve it. I do."?

he is just trying to create a story to put on the 5 and 6 oclock news.

watch at 5 oclock he will say, "spurs are one game away, so who is the finals MVP, tim or tony? hear what tim has to say about who should get it, coming up."

~Sweetmelody~
06-13-2007, 11:52 PM
He certainly was one last night. That question was, I believe,intended to provoke controversy, but if Tim took it seriously all it could actually accomplish was internal hard feelings among spurs players. You could tell that Tim didn't like the question either. It was a hurtful question to ask of the team MVP, and it had no redeeming social value. It really, really, really made Harris look bad, and if there ends up being bad feelings between Tim and Tony for it we can expect Harris to blow it up. That was just awful.

I cringed when I heard the question. Awful!

The Red Hood
06-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Tim face was priceless he had a WTF face and was smirking and sorta laughing when answering it

mouse.
06-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Don Harris has one Mission in life ,to get folks to talk about him

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2007/01/mission-accomplished.jpg

SA210
06-14-2007, 09:42 AM
he is just trying to create a story to put on the 5 and 6 oclock news.

watch at 5 oclock he will say, "spurs are one game away, so who is the finals MVP, tim or tony? hear what tim has to say about who should get it, coming up."
It's funny how this is the best question he could ask. They paid money to this moron to fly to Cleveland, stay the week in Cleveland, cover the games, just so he could ask his STUPID trouble making questions. :rolleyes

fyatuk
06-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I loved that, too. I was yelling at the TV that Sideshow Bob's feet weren't even close to being set when Van Gundy told him he was wrong. I thought the rules on charging had suddenly changed. It was a bad call among many tonight, but Harris is becoming less and less tolerable. Maybe he's fishing for a job offer from SI.

Feet don't have to be set for it to be a charge (though it often is used as an indicator of establishing that you are in the correct defensive position). The big key is being either perpendicular to the offensive player or directly between the player and the basket, neither of which was the case with Varejao. Of course Manu did jump into him and I HATE that, so I'd go with offensive foul on that one.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Feet don't have to be set for it to be a charge (though it often is used as an indicator of establishing that you are in the correct defensive position). The big key is being either perpendicular to the offensive player or directly between the player and the basket, neither of which was the case with Varejao. Of course Manu did jump into him and I HATE that, so I'd go with offensive foul on that one.
If they were going to call Parker for the offensive foul earlier in the game, they were going to call Manu for lowering his shoulder. Neither was a foul in my opinion.

tmtcsc
06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
No...The biggest dip shit ever is ..wait...yes, yes Don Harris is the biggest dipshit, glory-hound, stand-up comedian wannabe, lame ass ever.

Charlie Parker too.

ObiwanGinobili
06-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I was emailing back and forth with a Sports writer in Denver, and in the course of the convo he told me that Don shot Pop the finger after Pop refused to answer one of his dumbass questions.

tmtcsc
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I was emailing back and forth with a Sports writer in Denver, and in the course of the convo he told me that Don shot Pop the finger after Pop refused to answer one of his dumbass questions.

So it WAS Don...that's priceless. Glad to hear it. He should be barred from the team's practice floor. Pop never got over the fact that Don Harris stabbed Jay Howard in the back professionally.

Aud21946
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM

george Lopez ... :elephant

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
So how does a guy keep his job after doing that? Actually, how does a guy not get his ass whipped after doing that?

SA210
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
What!?

Don Harris :hang

Aud21946
06-14-2007, 10:59 AM
All in all, San Antonio Media is pretty bad! I tried to listen to 760 yesterday and Whoever that Slapnuts was trying to interview Greg Anthony completely botched the whole interview. I can see why the national media has such a dim view of St.Anthony's, Texas.

ObiwanGinobili
06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
So how does a guy keep his job after doing that? Actually, how does a guy not get his ass whipped after doing that?

The Denver guy's point was the preferential treatment to bad behavior in SA to SA news casters.
I kinda said :no shit: but then countered with the ticket760/spurs/nuggets debacle to witch he gave :tu on the way Spurs handled it.

Have we seen Don interview Pop since the 1st round?

spurastic
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Which reporter asked Manu if he rememberd fouling Dirk last year? To which, Manu replied that he hadn't until it was just brought up. I thought that was bitchy. Was it Don?

Aud21946
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Probably was Don .. Only Don Harris can ask such a bad question.

SA210
06-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Which reporter asked Manu if he rememberd fouling Dirk last year? To which, Manu replied that he hadn't until it was just brought up. I thought that was bitchy. Was it Don?
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Are NBA players and coaches allowed to just ignore one member of the media if he's a douchebag? I'd love to see them just shut him out.