PDA

View Full Version : Props to Barry

sprrs
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
For all the crap he's gotten from a lot of the people here, he stepped up when no one else would and knocked down several huge threes.

Well deserved props to Brent tonight, he deserves it. :toast

zekes
06-13-2007, 01:32 AM
3-4 on three's. much needed in this ugly game.

MI21
06-13-2007, 01:35 AM
I thought his 3 from the corner to cut the lead from 8 to 5 late in the 2nd half was huge.

And yes, there is such thing as big shots in the 2nd quarter.

dknights411
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
All is forgiven Barry, just don't screw up on Thursday!!!

T Park
06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Brent was the brent that they signed in 04.

For all the crap he's gotten from a lot of the people here

oh come on.

You make it sound like hes getting picked on for no reason.

Spare me.

DDS4
06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Barry, Bowen, and Finley stepped up big tonight.

sprrs
06-13-2007, 01:48 AM

oh come on.

Spare me.

I'll admit it was deserved, but tonight he played like he actually had a pair. Hell he played like he had a pair in game 2, except that his shooting was ice cold.

Dex
06-13-2007, 01:53 AM
I just wish I knew what happened to 50% Barry.

SRJ
06-13-2007, 01:59 AM
I thought his 3 from the corner to cut the lead from 8 to 5 late in the 2nd half was huge.

Typically, MI21 is right on target. Thanks for that, mate. I wish people would keep this in mind: All the shots count.

As an example, I watched all of 0.4 the other day. In a game the Spurs lost by a single point, Big Shot missed a point-blank layup in the first half. It's hardly a stretch to say that the Spurs very easily could have been up three after Duncan's miracle, and Fisher would have had to make the same shot - five feet further away.

It all makes a difference.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
:tu Barry came through when we needed him most. Without Barry's offense The Spurs would have been in a lot trouble tonight.

aaronstampler
06-13-2007, 03:07 AM

oh come on.

Spare me.

Yup you don't have players you like and players you dislike. Perfectly unbiased. You're the biggest flip flopper bandwagoner on this board. You freak out when the team gives up an 9-2 run with a 25 point lead. It'd be nice for you to watch one game without bitching...

greens
06-13-2007, 03:44 AM
For all the crap he's gotten from a lot of the people here, he stepped up when no one else would and knocked down several huge threes.

Well deserved props to Brent tonight, he deserves it. :toast

Yeah, he finally did step up. I'm very glad about that!

However, when you said that "no one" else stepped up. Well, Bruce was actually the one to hold the team together. He was the lead scorer in the half. He hit 4 3 pointers.

Plus also Fin, Robert, and Tony all hit 3 pointers.

Not to mention that at the very end, TD hit both of his FTs at pressure time, as did Manu too.

So I think there were other players who stepped up in the game.

BUT if I had to point to one player REALLY stepping up, it's BRUCE all the way, with his 44 minute defense and his 4 3 pointers and his rebounds.

So while, I totally agree that Barry was really great during the game, it's unfair to say that "no one" else stepped up.

But props to Barry for a great game, for a chance! So I'm very happy about that.

whottt
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM
I just wish I knew what happened to 50% Barry.

His minutes got cut by 50%.

wildbill2u
06-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Without the bench points tonight we lose this game. Props to them all. Just goes to show that this is a team game, not a one man show.

ObiwanGinobili
06-13-2007, 08:30 AM

agreed.
especially for this Spurs team... we go werak in to hte 1/2 and we usually (I don;t have stats, but it feels like 70+%) play like high school JV and choke out hte 2nd half.
Barry's play made the game close, gave us back our energy and took some of the life out of the Cle. crowd. And I do believe that the crowd in Cle. is integral for the young Cavs squad. they feed off it like they were still in HS.

SAGambler
06-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Without the bench points tonight we lose this game. Props to them all. Just goes to show that this is a team game, not a one man show.

And I think that is why everyone has maintained all along that Cleveland stood no chance in this series.

Big three struggle, bench picks up some of the slack. A true TEAM effort all the way.

It may have been ugly, but a win is a win is a win, no matter how you get it. They don't keep stats on "ugly", only on wins and losses.

steppy
06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
That's what great about this team. They have so many weapons that it's rare for someone to not step up. It's a nice thing to have.