PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Numbers: It's not over yet

timvp
06-13-2007, 07:14 AM
F it. I give up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Broom_icon.svg/400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Let's get this thing done.

:hat

kris
06-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Spurs win the championship. You're bwned timvp. In your face.

timvp
06-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Spurs win the championship. You're bwned timvp. In your face.

Inappropriate Smear.

:sombrero:

kris
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I have to confess one more time that I was very sure this sucky team was not getting past the second round. Duncan sucked, Oberto was a joke, the Spurs didn't try hard, the Spurs had no back up point guard, the Spurs wouldn't make a big trade.

Yet here they are again winning a title on what still feels to me like a patchwork team. Oberto's not a starting center on a championship team to me, but he is playing very good within the framework of this team. Jacque Vaughn gets away with being on a NBA court for however many minutes Pop wants to dangle the game in front of the other team. Pop also keeps playing with fire by squeezing every minute of rest for Tim Duncan. Manu has been beaten down to the point where he only has his magic powers every once in awhile. Bowen continues to age, but like Stockton and Malone on the Jazz, strangely improves.

The team to me was never really that good, but I'm starting to find out, I really don't know that much about Pop and the Spurs. I thought they had to make a trade.

Still, I'd like to see some progression in the off season.

SpursWoman
06-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Inappropriate Smear.

:sombrero:

:lol

CubanMustGo
06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
The team to me was never really that good, but I'm starting to find out, I really don't know that much about Pop and the Spurs. I thought they had to make a trade.

Welcome to the world of CIA Pop. Plus it's an odd year.

Yeah, it would be nice to package the low first and high second round draft choice (+Beno :lol) to move up in the draft or trade for someone (ha!). Some young athleticism would be good to have.

wildbill2u
06-13-2007, 08:21 AM
It's all over but the number of the game. No way we lose four in a row to the CAVS.

I don't care if its a sweep, but it would be nice to get this trash series over.

SAGambler
06-13-2007, 08:28 AM
I have to confess one more time that I was very sure this sucky team was not getting past the second round. Duncan sucked, Oberto was a joke, the Spurs didn't try hard, the Spurs had no back up point guard, the Spurs wouldn't make a big trade.

Yet here they are again winning a title on what still feels to me like a patchwork team. Oberto's not a starting center on a championship team to me, but he is playing very good within the framework of this team. Jacque Vaughn gets away with being on a NBA court for however many minutes Pop wants to dangle the game in front of the other team. Pop also keeps playing with fire by squeezing every minute of rest for Tim Duncan. Manu has been beaten down to the point where he only has his magic powers every once in awhile. Bowen continues to age, but like Stockton and Malone on the Jazz, strangely improves.

Well, it's an old cliche, but "Never underestimate the heart of a Champion" must surely come to mind with the way this team has gone about their business this year. It's more like they have "willed" their way to this point. I have maintained all along that they are all pissed for letting one get away last year, and that has kept them focused on this year. To think, they could be going for a 3peat right now. That one foul looms larger than ever.

efrem1
06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
The remedy for Spurs fans on Thursday. :lol

http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/6th_series/tn_broomoseltzer_small_smaller_images.jpg