PDA

View Full Version : I respect Lebron James...

fraga
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
For all his young short comings...for all the hype surrounding him...after his comments last night in the Post Game interview...on the attempted foul on him...he didn't whine...he didn't piss and moan...he said like a man...it was incidental contact...it didn't affect my shot...I missed it...damn...that's some hard sh!t right there...for this...I can honestly say I respect the guy as a player now...

lebomb
06-13-2007, 08:11 AM
For all his young short comings...for all the hype surrounding him...after his comments last night in the Post Game interview...on the attempted foul on him...he didn't whine...he didn't piss and moan...he said like a man...it was incidental contact...it didn't affect my shot...I missed it...damn...that's some hard sh!t right there...for this...I can honestly say I respect the guy as a player now...

X2............I hope he gets a ring eventually. Just not during the Tim Duncan era.......... :toast

Summers
06-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Agreed. Talk about manning up.

mathbzh
06-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Lebron is really a classy young guy.
Despite being sometime upset by all the Lebron hype, I hope he will win a title in a few years.

Admidave50
06-13-2007, 08:21 AM
There's already another thread about it.. don't need another one

Phenomanul
Word... I was saying to myself, "Amare, and D'Antoni should take notes".....

SAGambler
Yep. The kid showed a lot of maturity in the post game interview. Gotta give respect for that. And he most likely is a future HOFer and will win a ring at some point in his career. Surely Cleveland will make some moves to get him some help at some point, or they may find him leaving for greener pastures.

Does sound like the Cavs are going to be responsible for Detroit being blown up though. Heard Dumars last night saying there would be new faces on the floor next year.

td4mvp3
06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
no. do not be fooled by the outright lie he hoisted to the media. anybody with eyes knows bowen fouled him. anybody with a brain knows the ref just blew it. what lebron did was a subtle insult to the spurs because it lacked honesty and really refused to acknowledge bowen's presence. the sensible, classy thing to say would to speak honestly about the situation: was it a foul? "yes, it was a foul but hey, that's the nature of the game. we got a couple of questionable calls, they ggot some, we just didn't get the benefit of this one and we came up short. but that's going to happen in any game. this game wasn't decided by one play." then he could point out where the cavs just whiffed it, like varejao's spinning iceman impersonation. instead, he went with either gross misunderstanding of the game of basketball and ignorance of what a foul is, or he was dismissing the man who has been truly affecting his game (bowen) as little more than an irritant. i'm not sure what to call it but it was not classy to completely lie like that.

Texas_Ranger
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Respect to the king.

At least he's not like pussyface Amare.

fraga
06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
He didn't start "Phoenixing" all over the place...whew...