PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong and i admit it

41times
06-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I was wrong about LeBron. I was wrong about the officiating being biased towards him. I was wrong about him possibly shooting 15 FT's per game. I was wrong about him averaging 30 points per game.

He has only averaged about 21 ppg and he is only going to the FT line an avg of 8 times per game. Those numbers are far below what i thought we would see.

I guess he was just not ready for the Finals yet. Plus his team sux. Plus give props to the Spurs defense on him.

But overall, i was wrong about Lebron.

I will take some credit for the Finley prediction though.
He is averaging 19 minutes per game.
He is 5 for 18 for a grand total of 11 points in 3 games.
He has a total of 6 rebounds in 6 games

So that is 3.7 ppg and 2 rpg in 19 mpg. He sux as bad as Cleveland. As predicted.

But LeBron has officially been demoted from King to Prince. He is not quite ready for the thrown...

timvp
06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
8th seed.

Walton Buys Off Me
06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
And the Mavs have been demoted from the penthouse to the outhouse. An outhouse in Oakland.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

samikeyp
06-13-2007, 08:50 AM
But LeBron has officially been demoted from King to Prince. He is not quite ready for the thrown...

When you elevate yourself to King...does it really count? :lol

Armando
06-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah I did not expect the Cavs to win the series but I was expecting LeBron to get the calls Wade got last year. The Cavs need to revamp thier roster. The defense is fine is the offense that needs work.

easjer
06-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah. I was wrong about the Cavs winning last night. Though I maintain the Spurs did just about everything possible to hand it over.

Thunder Dan
06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
How has this whole series turned into Lebron's fault? He isn't a good player because his teammates can't hit open looks? He almost had a triple double last night, and should have had atleast 14 assists if his teammates could hit a shot. That's a more complete game than Dirk will ever see, and it's considered a off night. And tell me how Dirk did in the playoffs against the *cough* *cough* warriors?

mathbzh
06-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Did Dirk has officially been demoted from MVP to MVFisher?

41times
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
How has this whole series turned into Lebron's fault? He isn't a good player because his teammates can't hit open looks? He almost had a triple double last night, and should have had atleast 14 assists if his teammates could hit a shot. That's a more complete game than Dirk will ever see, and it's considered a off night. And tell me how Dirk did in the playoffs against the *cough* *cough* warriors?

It's not his fault at all. I just expected more out LBJ than what we have seen so far.

And as far as your comparison to Dirk, you are totally wrong about that. Dirk's last game was bad but here are the Exact numbers from the Mavs/Warriors and Cle/Spurs series.

In fact most would argue that the Rebounds and Turnovers would make Dirk's production better than LBJ's but at worse it's a push. So get your facts straight.

Dirk
MPG 39.8
PPG 19.7
RPG 11.3
APG 2.3
BPG 1.3
T.O. 2.3
FG% .38
3p% .21
FT% .84

LBJ
MPG 41.3
PPG 21.3
RPG 7.3
APG 5.7
BPG .7
T.O. 5.7
FG% .37
3P% .15
FT% .78

zrinkill
06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Finley is gonna get a well deserved ring ...... and the Mavs can choke on it.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Lebron was the king of high school.

mrsmaalox
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
How has this whole series turned into Lebron's fault? He isn't a good player because his teammates can't hit open looks?
Of course it isn't all Lebron's fault. But if you look over all the hype coming out of Cleveland as well as almost every post here from Cavs fans, it looks like everyone's hope was pinned on him. We all know he can't win a championship single-handedly; it's only Cleveland that believes that.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I think Lebron's been amazing. He's doing what he's doing and he's two years younger than James White.

41times
06-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Finley is gonna get a well deserved ring ...... and the Mavs can choke on it.

I could really care less if Mike gets a ring or not. It does not bother me if he does or does not. It is what it is.

But to say that it is "well deserved", how do you figure? He never made it to the Finals before this year unlike a Stockton or Malone or Iverson or Kidd all of whom are 10 times better players than Finley is. So how is it well deserved?

It's not like he has contributed to any of the Finals victories? In fact he should give his Finals Playoff check to Parcunobli.

So i'm not giong to "choke" on it as a Mavs fan. In fact Fin might be the first Mav player who is still on our payroll to get a Ring? Woo Hoo! :toast

zrinkill
06-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I could really care less if Mike gets a ring or not. It does not bother me if he does or does not. It is what it is.

But to say that it is "well deserved", how do you figure? He never made it to the Finals before this year unlike a Stockton or Malone or Iverson or Kidd all of whom are 10 times better players than Finley is. So how is it well deserved?

It's not like he has contributed to any of the Finals victories? In fact he should give his Finals Playoff check to Parcunobli.

So i'm not giong to "choke" on it as a Mavs fan. In fact Fin might be the first Mav player who is still on our payroll to get a Ring? Woo Hoo! :toast

You cannot stand it ..... and everyone can see that ....

I am enjoying all the Mav fans misery ...... makes this championship that much sweeter.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 10:54 AM

The fact that you have posted three or four times about him in such a short span betrays you. Fin was a big player on this team all year on offense and defense. His points were just as much the difference in last night's game as anyone else's. He's been a class player throughout his career, even when the Mavs fans were blaming him for every failure of their organization and he got run out of town and booed by the fans upon his return at the behest of people who should have been his friends.

You're gonna choke on it. You have no choice but to choke on it.

41times
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
The fact that you have posted three or four times about him in such a short span betrays you. Fin was a big player on this team all year on offense and defense. His points were just as much the difference in last night's game as anyone else's. He's been a class player throughout his career, even when the Mavs fans were blaming him for every failure of their organization and he got run out of town and booed by the fans upon his return at the behest of people who should have been his friends.

You're gonna choke on it. You have no choice but to choke on it.

Again another Spurs fan who is either too arrogant or too stupid to admit when they are wrong.

Like i said Mike is a good/great guy. I have no problem with him getting a ring.
I wish it could have been with us but he would not take a bench role here and that's what he is, an off the bench player now.

I have had Mavs season tickets for 6+ years now. I saw every game Finley played from 2001-2005. I cheered for him when he did good and I boo'd him if he sucked. I saw him try to carry the team when he was able and i witnessed the marked declilne of his skills. He is a shell of his former self now but can help a little of the bench.

So you are wrong, again, about me choking on it. Good for Mike.

Now if that f#cker Steve Cash would have gotten a ring........Yeah i would have needed the heimlich for that one!

Islymore
06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao

well i dont know if anyone is ready for the thrown... lol... had to... :lol now, maybe the throne... maybe.

MadDog73
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
ready to be thrown perhaps?

Islymore
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
yeah... lol... ready to be thrown out of the Finals perhaps...

Craig
06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
8th seed.

FTW!

MadDog73
06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
yeah... lol... ready to be thrown out of the Finals perhaps...

:p:

my2sons
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Again another Spurs fan who is either too arrogant or too stupid to admit when they are wrong.

Like i said Mike is a good/great guy. I have no problem with him getting a ring.
I wish it could have been with us but he would not take a bench role here and that's what he is, an off the bench player now.

I have had Mavs season tickets for 6+ years now. I saw every game Finley played from 2001-2005. I cheered for him when he did good and I boo'd him if he sucked. I saw him try to carry the team when he was able and i witnessed the marked declilne of his skills. He is a shell of his former self now but can help a little of the bench.

Now if that f#cker Steve Cash would have gotten a ring........Yeah i would have needed the heimlich for that one!

I can relate to that...even ICE looks back at his career with some regret that he refused to come off the bench and was subsequently traded to chicago (he should have retired a spur). I like fin, and although he has not been huge in his first final appearance he was big in some of the opening rounds and played well overall and yes was a big part of the spurs success in the playoffs and the 2nd half of the season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Actually what's gotta piss off the Mavs fans most is that they are still paying Finley's salary :lol

41times
06-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Actually what's gotta piss off the Mavs fans most is that they are still paying Finley's salary :lol

Hey i could care less about the money. It ain't my money, it's Cuban's money. Of course he saved about 8.5 million dollars by cutting Finley under the exemption a year ago. Finley was costing us 17 million and 50% of that amount for luxury tax. So Cube's paying the 17 mill but he's saving 8.5 mil.

I hope you guys resign him again next year.

Cotton Fitzsimmons
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM

The boldfaced sentence defines the essence of the Mavericks "fan." Boo when things don't go your way. You stay losers, Dallas.

T Park
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
It's not like he has contributed to any of the Finals victories?

did you miss the huge three he hit in the 4th quarter last night?

He had 7 points and FOUR STEALS.

Uh, Id say he contributed to the win last night.....

sprrs
06-13-2007, 02:37 PM

He wasn't cut because he wouldn't take a bench role. In fact when he signed with the Spurs he knew he would be relegated to the bench.

And while Finley hasn't been knocking down shots in the finals, he's played spectacular for us throughout the playoffs, including last year. He's been everything we'd hoped he be, plus more.

41times
06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
He wasn't cut because he wouldn't take a bench role. In fact when he signed with the Spurs he knew he would be relegated to the bench.

And while Finley hasn't been knocking down shots in the finals, he's played spectacular for us throughout the playoffs, including last year. He's been everything we'd hoped he be, plus more.

Yes he was. He was cut because of his diminshed skills for a starter, his 17 million dollar salary and because he would not take a reducec roll here. Fact.

He had no choice to take a reduce bench role with the Spurs. That was a given before he even signed and he knew it.

And i am glad you guys love him so much. If he would have agreed to play 20 minutes a game here off the bench he would probably still be a Mav. But again he would not. And he is showing that in the big game he is average or below average. He has avg. 11.6 ppg and 2.9 rpg for the playoffs but for the Finals he is at 3.7 and 2.0. That sux. Plus he is a below avg. defender now too.

But for a 20 minute guy he is about right. But he is in the perfet situation. He plays with 3 great players and is not expected to contribute much. And that's the perfect role for him.

sprrs
06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes he was. He was cut because of his diminshed skills for a starter, his 17 million dollar salary and because he would not take a reducec roll here. Fact.

He had no choice to take a reduce bench role with the Spurs. That was a given before he even signed and he knew it.

And i am glad you guys love him so much. If he would have agreed to play 20 minutes a game here off the bench he would probably still be a Mav. But again he would not. And he is showing that in the big game he is average or below average. He has avg. 11.6 ppg and 2.9 rpg for the playoffs but for the Finals he is at 3.7 and 2.0. That sux. Plus he is a below avg. defender now too.

But for a 20 minute guy he is about right. But he is in the perfet situation. He plays with 3 great players and is not expected to contribute much. And that's the perfect role for him.

He would have taken a diminished role whether he wanted to or not. Cuban would not have paid 17 million dolllars PLUS cap penalties for only 20 minutes a game. Agree his skills diminished, but the only way they keep him in that situation is if he continues to play at a superstar level and have a huge impact on the team.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't boo lack of performance, I boo lack of effort. Finley's never dogged it. Maverick fans booed him when he came back to Dallas after being cut.