PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 08...

florige
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
what do you guys think Lebron jump shooting rating will be? Im guessing somewhere in the 70's. I know that his layup and dunks are going to 99.

Budkin
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
People want to play as LeBron so they will be high, especially in Live. NBA Live sucks anyway, not realistic at all. If you want a realistic bball game go with the 2K series.

ancestron
06-13-2007, 10:39 AM
People want to play as LeBron so they will be high, especially in Live. NBA Live sucks anyway, not realistic at all. If you want a realistic bball game go with the 2K series.

Everyone has their own preference, I think Live is better, at least last year's was. Live 07 for the PS2 is junk, I'll give you that.
LeBron's ratings will be sky high in 08 I'm sure. probably all in the 90's.

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I think Live will be MUCH improved this year.

Head over to IGN.com and search for the NBA Live '08 blog.

They're improving the most important things, and it sounds like it will be a hell of a game.

Remember, Live started from scratch last year with the new engine, so that they could make a truly Next Gen game, not a transfer from Past Gen and then improve on that.

If I were you, I'd rent both, and compare. NBA 2K7 > NBA Live '07, but I believe that NBA Live '08 > NBA 2K8.

florige
06-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Live has fallen off over the last few seasons. I've heard that the 2k series are better than the EA sports games. I'm just so used to buying EA games since way back it's hard for me to break that pattern. Even though this year ws the first year I didn't buy NBA Live. I heard the way you had to shoot jumpers was crap. I was playing a game on the PS3 last month, can't remember the game it was, but anyway I was playing the demo mode so I could only use Dallas or Miami. I ended up going with Dallas. Was pretty impressed for the most part. The players shot the way they normally shot in real life, kinda iffy on how many shots I was making while covered, but you never know what setting it's set up on while on demo, probably the easiest or next to easiest. But like I said having fun, really thinking about just saying f' it and spring for a PS3 right there, then the unthinkable happened, fast break Devin (flopper) Harris is driving to the lane and he dunks. Not just any dunk now, but a freakin Wilkens style aka "windmill" right there I said nope, won't be buying this today. So moral of the story is that I'm with you when it comes to realism. You can keep all the human like graphics. If it isn't realistic I don't want nothing to do with it. About the only games I play now is probably Madden's. All those role playing games look cool, but after watching the guy look this way and that way, I'd rather not get up feeling like I'm about to have a seizure.

florige
06-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I think Live will be MUCH improved this year.

Head over to IGN.com and search for the NBA Live '08 blog.

They're improving the most important things, and it sounds like it will be a hell of a game.

Remember, Live started from scratch last year with the new engine, so that they could make a truly Next Gen game, not a transfer from Past Gen and then improve on that.

If I were you, I'd rent both, and compare. NBA 2K7 > NBA Live '07, but I believe that NBA Live '08 > NBA 2K8.

I didn't even bother buying 07. That was a first for me.

Switchman
06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I only PC game since PCs are such powerhouses compared to console but I skipped buying NBA live 07. From the videos I have seen that game is complete junk.

I only wish 2k7 was on PCs :(

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I agree with you florige, it has to be realistic GAMEPLAY. Having it on the 360 probably = good enough graphics for me. 2K7 was by far better than Live '07 in terms of gameplay (and it still had a lot of flaws).

That being said, I'm still going to give Live a chance this year. They added a TON of different ratings to improve very specific parts of the gameplay (similar to what Madden '07 did, and it worked out very, very well), so that alone got me excited.

As did the IGN blog I wrote about before. Check it izout.

florige
06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah I'll chk it out Corn. I see you mentioned X-Box. Probably one of the most realistic B-Ball games I've played in a long time was out on the original X. It was called NBA inside drive. Out of every game I played, I mean the way Jordan shot the ball, Shaq shooting FT's, EVEN Derek Fisher's shot looked real as hell, plus the game play was freakin awesome. I really wish whoever came out with that series would come out with another one of those. Everybody I referred to that game was freakin impressed with it.

still.focused
06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
When people use kobe/Lebron/T-Mac type players they dont shoot jumpers anyway
They just run around in the lane til a clear path to the rim appears and then dunk over, around, on and through anyone left

saporvida
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
2k7 is the best.... Live fuckin blows! EA is shitty when it comes to sports and i don't care who says otherwise.

http://2ksports.com/_img/screens/nba2k7/nba2k7_090106_5.jpg

dknights411
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
2k7 is the best.... Live fuckin blows! EA is shitty when it comes to sports and i don't care who says otherwise.

I like Madden and NCAA Football though. The other sports are just lacking though (do they even make MLB games anymore).

Brutalis
06-13-2007, 01:49 PM
After live 97 i quit the shit

ancestron
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
mlb 06 the show was a good baseball game. mlb 07 animation lags too much. 2k's baseball games are garbage. I do like 2k's presentation in their NBA series, but the gameplay just sucks as far as im concerned, and the commentary sucks too. if you like 2k better thats fine but the whole EA vs 2k argument is really tired. its personal preference.