PDA

View Full Version : Cavs salaries vs Spurs

MajorMike
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM
They pretty much have the entire team locked up next year, with the exception of Andy. I expect him to try and get a big contract somewhere else, unless the Cavs will pay him. Unfortunately, even with him, Pollard and Dwayne Jones coming off the books, their total salary only goes down by 130k (64.5 mil - 64.3 mil). That is due in large part to a 7 mil escalation of Bron's contract. Sasha has a qual offer.

As good as things look for next year for them, they begin to look bleak after that. They have most everyone locked in to 09 (Hughes, Z, Gooden, Snow, Bron, Marshall, Jones), however with and additional 4 coming off the books, their total still only goes down 2 mil (64.3 mil - 62.2 mil). That is not counting the fact they will have to sign (this year) Andy or someone like him as a backup 4/5, AND the fact that Gibson will be in the last year of his rookie contract next year (making only 600+k). If Gibson turns out to be anything like he looks like he might, he is going to command a BIG payoff.

Can you believe that Snow makes 6.4 mil next year and 7.3 the year after?? Marshall also makes 5.5 and 5.9 the next 2 years. Insane. Gooden makes 6.4 and 7.1 the next 2.

Ours next year? Barry 5.5, Horry 3.6, Bowen 4.1, Sisco 3, Fin 3.1, Fab 2.5, Bulter 2.3, Beno 1.7. Wow.

Next year our big 3 make 38.6 mil.
Their big paid 3 (Bron/Z/Hughes) make 37.43.

Our next big minutes guys (Fin, Bruce, Sisco, Fab) make 12.7.
Their next big minutes guys (Gooden, Jones, Sasha, Snow) make 20.1.

Horry, Barry and Beno make 10.9.
Marshall, Gibson and Newble make 9.7.

They will lose and or will have to resign a a much inflated price Andy.
The only salaries we lose are Bonner, Vaughn and Ely.

At this point, our payroll is projected to be 4 mil less than theirs next year. We only need to resign Vaughn (or get a #2 PG) and his 11 mins/2 points a game in the playoffs while they have to resign Andy and his 23 mins/6 pts/6 reb a game in playoffs (25/7/6 in Finals).

Meanwhile, with only Stack and Croshere as notables coming off books, the Mavs salary will be 81.5 mil next year.

Phx only loses Rose and their payroll will be 76.5 mil. Diaw gets an over 7 mil raise (hahaha).

The Bulls are actually sitting petty; the best IMO. They drop Niconi (and should resign him) and PJ Brown, and they are only committed to 46.7 mil next year. Everyone else (except Gordon) is signed to 09.

Orlando is a dream, too. They bring back EVERYone except Hill and currently have a projected payroll of 39 mil. They have a lot of money to offer someone like Carter, Lewis, Mason or Walton to complement a great core of Howard/Nelson/Hedo/Arroyo. They also need to decide if they are going to keep Darko.

Marcus Bryant
06-13-2007, 10:37 AM
It's not a given that Oberto and Horry will be back. In addition, Oberto may end up with a larger price tag.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Either way, the Cavs are gonna have a hard time putting a competitive team around LeBron before his opt out year in 2010. If he sniffs the finals in '07 and struggles to make the playoffs for a few years because of improvements of other East teams it will be very interesting.

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 10:44 AM
CapMike,
Good job on the break down man. I've been looking for some cap info. Thanks.

CubanMustGo
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
It's not a given that Oberto and Horry will be back. In addition, Oberto may end up with a larger price tag.

Yep. Oberto's playing well enough to draw outside interest given the lack of big men that don't trip over their own shoelaces and/or drool.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Marcus Bryant
Pimp

Position: Volatile Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $25
Marcus Bryant earned this Spur by being an original member of SpursTalk.com. Marcus Bryant earned this Spur by predicting the 2007 RRT record correctly.

Dang Marcus...did you put all your vbookie cash on the Cavs last night?

ancestron
06-13-2007, 10:52 AM
:lol
Yep. Oberto's playing well enough to draw outside interest given the lack of big men that don't trip over their own shoelaces and/or drool.

Marcus Bryant
06-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Dang Marcus...did you put all your vbookie cash on the Cavs last night?

Nah, I bet it all on the Spurs in 5. Oh well, I'll be glad to lose that one tomorrow night.

I did bet real $ on the Spurs to beat the Cavs and the spread last night.

:toast

MajorMike
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
CapMike,
Good job on the break down man. I've been looking for some cap info. Thanks.

That's why I'm here

dbreiden83080
06-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Horry will be back as long as the Spurs want him back. He already has said he wants to play one more year and with the Spurs.

coopdogg3
06-13-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah, I know. What a difference from last year, when I was hoping that Oberto wouldn't take the player option. Now I'm hoping he does, b/c he could probably get more money in the open market. But he seems to like playing here, and a ring should help keep him.

AFBlue
06-13-2007, 03:34 PM
If Oberto opts out to sign for more money in the NBA or overseas, the Spurs will bring in Scola....which oddly was the original plan two years ago. "Fabby" is an incredibly smart player, but Scola is a hell of alot more talented.

MajorMike
06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
And Scola still has a 3+mil buyout alone without salary, while Fab is due to make 2.5 mil next year.