PDA

View Full Version : freaking mark jackson!!

slacker77
06-13-2007, 11:11 AM
If this has already been posted,I'm sorry.Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a complete moron?I had to press mute while watching the game last night.From his "I rather have a better offense than a better defense"statement,to his that's not foul bullshit.Man this guy is hard to listen to.At least Van Gundy makes it a little tolerable.

ancestron
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Van Gundy has been the refreshing voice of reason in the Finals as far as I'm concerned.
Mark Jackson has pissed me off too. In the Utah series he was all over the Spurs nuts, now he's flip-flopping for all the LeBron James hype. It is sickening.

csl24
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Agreed i was would almost rather have Bill Walton

slacker77
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Throw it down big guy!

O-Factor
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Mark Jackson is horrible AND wrong all the time. He's a freakin idiot. I remember his "Id take a great offense over a great defense anyday" Ignorant F***

ambchang
06-13-2007, 11:25 AM
JVG calling him out on the Manu charge/Lebron initiating contact was classic, Mike Breen and Jackson were just stunned in silence, hilarious.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
i'm glad "airspace" has disappeared from his vocabulary

joeyjfive
06-13-2007, 11:33 AM
JVG calling him out on the Manu charge/Lebron initiating contact was classic, Mike Breen and Jackson were just stunned in silence, hilarious.

Haha, yeah I was laughing my ass off when he said that, and Mark Jacksons response was, "Well Lebron is saying meet me at the rim" and than I waited for him to say something else and that was it. Its likes WTF are you talking about dumbass. Not all good players make good announcers ABC. Keep Van Gundy tho, hes very unbiased.

BigBeezie
06-13-2007, 11:41 AM

That was pretty hilarious... All these guys suck.

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2007, 11:45 AM
That was pretty hilarious... All these guys suck.

Breen and Jackson are making Van Gundy look like an analytical savant.

ambchang
06-13-2007, 11:55 AM
The more amazing thing is that Mike Breen and Mark Jackson would be making fun of JVG when he was making correct calls, such as when players are supposed to box out the shooter on the FT, or when he noted players took good shots that didn't fall.

nkdlunch
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Jackson = Walton

Jackson actually makes sense, but walton is a funny goofy mofo

Budkin
06-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Jackson and Wilbon just need to STFU... they are wrong wrong wrong on everything and both of them are slobbering on James's cock all game.

Borosai
06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Wasn't it JVG who said that Lebron was supposed to be taking those two free throws after the clear-path foul, and one of the other two said anyone can take the free throws?

JVG knows his shit.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
i always like bill walton, he was a funny guy and despite his affinity for the lakers during their glory years i always liked his style

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I think it's hilarious. JVG is making Jackson and Breen look even dumber than they are.

I can't figure out which was better...

1. Breen insisting anyone could shoot free throws while Van Gundy sat there and said 'no, they can't. It has to be Lebron'. Breen then says something about having to get someone to clarify the rule, and then about two seconds later Danny Crawford steps in, calls over Delaney, and waves off the FTs and makes 'Bron shoot them. The silence from Breen said it all.

2. Breen and Jackson all over Varejao's nuts for drawing a charge on Manu. "Easy call, Manu clearly charged on that play." Then they show the replay and Van Gundy is like 'what the fuck are you two looking at, Varejao was moving, that was a horrible call, should have been an 'and 1' for Manu. Do you two even know what a charge looks like?'

Good stuff!

florige
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Yeah that was funny. I think at that point Jackson just mumbled something out that was retarded in self defense. :lol

Extra Stout
06-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I figure JVG will be back on TNT next year. He fits there.

BlackFlagg
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Wasn't it JVG who said that Lebron was supposed to be taking those two free throws after the clear-path foul, and one of the other two said anyone can take the free throws?

JVG knows his shit.

Yes! And he was right. JVG's a breath of fresh air. Funny, funny guy, and knows the sport inside out.

Strike
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I think it's hilarious. JVG is making Jackson and Breen look even dumber than they are.

I can't figure out which was better...

1. Breen insisting anyone could shoot free throws while Van Gundy sat there and said 'no, they can't. It has to be Lebron'. Breen then says something about having to get someone to clarify the rule, and then about two seconds later Danny Crawford steps in, calls over Delaney, and waves off the FTs and makes 'Bron shoot them. The silence from Breen said it all.

2. Breen and Jackson all over Varejao's nuts for drawing a charge on Manu. "Easy call, Manu clearly charged on that play." Then they show the replay and Van Gundy is like 'what the fuck are you two looking at, Varejao was moving, that was a horrible call, should have been an 'and 1' for Manu. Do you two even know what a charge looks like?'

Good stuff!

The best part was when it was the other way around, Jackson said it should have been a foul on San Antonio. JVG called him on his hypocrisy.

Mark Jackson could get ripped apart by a pack of wild hyenas today and I think I would riverdance on the pieces.

Sasha
06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
This is a fascinating thread to me because I'm no basketball expert - I just understand the basics. But I love TNT commentary because I always learn something, and I'm thrilled when Sean Elliott commentates because I know I'm gonna get a real education on plays made by both teams...

However, during these finals on ABC, I've spent most of my time trying to figure out what the hell these guys are babbling about because even I know they're wrong - and I feel really good when JVG chimes in to back me up. He's the only one that makes sense to a basketball novice like me.

For the most part, though, I've had to mute practically the whole damn game because one of those commentators is such a LeBron fan that I don't have a clue what anyone else has done or is doing... It's like no one else is playing!

So, this thread has taught me a lot. Thanks. :clap

Budkin
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
If they weren't out of sync I would mute ABC and play WOAI in the background to listen to Billy Schoening.

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
It makes me wonder how these morons get paid for doing the bullshit they do...

dmac
06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
If they weren't out of sync I would mute ABC and play WOAI in the background to listen to Billy Schoening.
I don't care that they are out of sync, that's exactly how I watch the games.

Breen and Jackson are idiots. JVG is pretty good.

Solid D
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Playing basketball was Jackson's forte. Calling basketball games is not his forte.

Sometimes, I think he just likes to hear himself talk with little regard for what is coming out' the mouth, accuracy-wise.

One additional thought. Last night when Daniel Gibson shot a three and missed and fell backwards, Jackson and Breen both yelled out, with Jackson exclaiming that Gibson was clearly fouled by Ginobili with no call. A quick replay on the DVR clearly showed Manu missing Gibson entirely with Gibson landing and then pushing himself backward to the floor. The no call was the natural thing do if you were watching the shot and not only the movement after the shot missed.

T Park
06-13-2007, 02:12 PM

:lol

EXACTLY

then later Lebron did the exact same thing

Jackson says "Good call, Lebron DREW the contact"

VG "Wait a minute, for Ginobili, you said it was a clear charge, this was the same play and now you say its DRAWING the contact. What the fuck?"

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
:lol

EXACTLY

then later Lebron did the exact same thing

Jackson says "Good call, Lebron DREW the contact"

VG "Wait a minute, for Ginobili, you said it was a clear charge, this was the same play and now you say its DRAWING the contact. What the fuck?"

:lmaoThat was classic.

A bunch of Lebron cock-loving faggots.

His excuse for the stupidtiy was "...but Lebron finishes at the rim..." blah blah some bullshit.

PM5K
06-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Good stuff!

That was good stuff, he made his point perfectly when he said that if that was a foul then every offensive drive to the basket would be a foul, Varejao had absolutely no kind of position on that play.

And then when LeBron does the same thing, Jackson says he's doing a good job of initiating contact...

kskonn
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
What I like about Van Gundy is that it gives us, the viewers, insight to what a COACH says to the ref during a game about calls. It is not biast it is pure common sense. Hopefully that is not a bi-product of him just coming off a coaching job, hopefully his cander and commen sense will not diminish as he furthers him self from coaching and continues to get set next to sub par announcers.

PM5K
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
What I like about Van Gundy is that he's RIGHT, almost all of the time...

As a commentator you are supposed to comment on what's happening, not what isn't...