PDA

View Full Version : Duhon on the Block

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Do we go after Chris Duhon from the Bulls? Do we have the pieces?

A couple of scenarios would include:
Butler and Beno for Duhon
Elson straight up for Duhon
And then of course sign and trade options to include Nocioni (which will most likely need a third team to do anyway)

Would we do it? Would Chicago do it?

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Any team/owner that played third wheel to help San Antonio get better would be a pariah in the league.

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Butler and Beno for Duhon?

Elson for Duhon?

You have got to be kidding me.

Watch basketball more.

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
The post is hypothetical Colb. A guy like Duhon has plenty of upside and I would love to have him here as a backup PG. What would it take? Your thoughts.

ducks
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Chris Duhon is on the block link?

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
The post is hypothetical Colb. A guy like Duhon has plenty of upside and I would love to have him here as a backup PG. What would it take? Your thoughts.

I'm saying that the two offers are ridiculous and terrible. Spurs giving up absolutely nothing and getting a guy who starts on the 2nd best team in the East in return?

You'd be an idiot if you took anything even resembling that trade.

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Duhon on Block (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46484/20070613/bulls_to_work_out_conley_duhon_on_block/)

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:33 PM
I agree with you whole heartedly Colb, which begs the question, what would it take? What could the Spurs offer to get this guy in a fair exchange?

ducks
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
ok he is on the block
you would have to throw in scola to get a deal done
he is a pipedream
spurs need a long three before him

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
I agree with you whole heartedly Colb, which begs the question, what would it take? What could the Spurs offer to get this guy in a fair exchange?

They'd have to give a pick and probably an expiring contract. Anybody on the Spurs worth having is much better than Duhon, and everyone else is too old for the Bulls to give up Duhon for.

Not to mention they need a low-post scorer. You only have one of those, and he isn't going anywhere.

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Scola and what? Draft picks? Matching contracts would be Beno and Butler or Elson straight as far as I can see. What pieces make it a good trade?

Corn on the Colb
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
You have to count talent, along with contracts.

Jeeez.

RiverwalkParade
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
They'd have to give a pick and probably an expiring contract. Anybody on the Spurs worth having is much better than Duhon, and everyone else is too old for the Bulls to give up Duhon for.

Not to mention they need a low-post scorer.

Give them our first round, Scola and Elson. Scola is an unknown, Elson can run with them, and the first rounder can be used with some of their picks to trade up in the draft possibly.

T Park
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Duhon would solve the backup point guard issues.

Id really try and push though for a sign and trade involving Barry, a draft pick and see if you can steal Nocioni.

Nocioni would be my number 1 priority in the offseason.

Getting him would pretty much lay the path to back to back rings.

Bruno
06-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Another Duhon thread....
... and people are still clueless about him.

1) Duhon sucks.
Vaughn has been better than Duhon this year during the regular season and during the playoffs.

2) Duhon is drunk.
Maybe you don't know it but the main reason why Bulls want to trade Duhon is that he has Alcohool troubles and Bulls are fed up with that. Off course, you won't find articles about that but it's well known among knowledgable Bulls fans.

Mr. Body
06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
ok he is on the block
you would have to throw in scola to get a deal done
he is a pipedream
spurs need a long three before him

WHAT? You'd need Scola to trade for a backup point in this league? How good do you think he is?

Brutalis
06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
And he can stay on the block, too.

ducks
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
WHAT? You'd need Scola to trade for a backup point in this league? How good do you think he is?
spurs have no young talent to give bulls other then scola

Big P
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Scola is worth waayyyy more than Duhon alone, if he was included in a package with Nocioni..ok.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
duhon + sefolasha for beno + barry + scolas rights + picks + finley thats if he resides in chicago

BigBeezie
06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
And he can stay on the block, too.

Exactly...

Mr. Body
06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
duhon + sefolasha for beno + barry + scolas rights + picks + finley thats if he resides in chicago

That's absolutely disgusting. You a Bulls fan?

AFBlue
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Butler is a 22yr old 6'10 260lb F/C with a soft touch and good skills around the basket. He didn't play this year, but this is a loaded veteran-heavy squad and Butler had to work his way into shape....I would very much like to hold off on trading Butler until the Spurs see what they've got.

It's been reported that GMs are offering second round picks for Scola's rights and the Spurs are turning them down. If they're asking for a first rounder in this loaded draft, I doubt they take Duhon.

Which leaves the last two....I'd go Elson + Beno for Duhon, but I doubt Chicago would.

AFBlue
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM

Glad you've decided on Butler not being a young talent...or did you forget about him?

T Park
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Glad you've decided on Butler not being a young talent...or did you forget about him?

If hes a young talent, why would you trade him?

Im very high on and very excited of Jackie Butler next year.

AFBlue
06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
If hes a young talent, why would you trade him?

Im very high on and very excited of Jackie Butler next year.

I'm not advocating that the Spurs trade him, just simply pointing out that the Spurs have more young talent than Ducks was giving credit for.

If the Spurs had to trade someone, I guess it would be either Butler or Scola's rights....but Duhon isn't worth either.

BacktoBasics
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Jackie Butler does nothing in this league......ever. Mark it.

Duhon might be a good pickup but the Spurs don't have what it would take to get him.

Extra Stout
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
You have to count talent, along with contracts.

Jeeez.
I think the Spurs should try to get Kobe Bryant for Beno, Barry, a second-round draft pick, and a dozen tamales. Sounds fair to me. :elephant

AFBlue
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM

Duhon might be a good pickup but the Spurs don't have what it would take to get him.

So marked...

Mr. Body
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Wow are people completely overrating Chris Duhon.

smeagol
06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Scola is 27.

Is that considered young?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Duhon will do nothing for us.

Bruno
06-16-2007, 06:08 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/429522,CST-SPT-bull15.article

Party may be over for Duhon

Whether he stays or goes, big decisions are just starting for title-seeking Bulls

June 15, 2007
BY BRIAN HANLEY

Alot of ink has been spilled lately on the possibility of the Bulls trading guard Chris Duhon. So much that if a deal gets done, one might well expect a nationally televised ''C-Du Later'' farewell ceremony at the United Center, replete with Larry King, who was a comical sideshow at Michael Jordan's first retirement party.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy, but as one Bulls insider said, ''When wasn't Duhon going to be shopped this summer?''

Duhon's ''disappointment'' in being benched by coach Scott Skiles for Game 3 of the conference semifinals against the Detroit Pistons -- after he missed a film session the same week -- matches the disappointment of team officials in Duhon's penchant for partying over the years.

Skiles is said to be as tired of that as Duhon apparently was when he ''overslept'' and missed a practice on New Year's Eve weekend. If that's news to Duhon, it makes two wake-up calls he has missed.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that the three-year veteran is as recognizable at hot spots such as Ontourage and Rockit Bar as he is at the Berto Center, or that his name is as much a staple of bold-type gossip columns as it is the sports section.

That doesn't make Duhon a bad player or bad guy. In fact, the Stand Tall Foundation he founded to help rebuild his hurricane-ravaged hometown of Slidell, La., is an exceptional example of charity work.

whottt
06-16-2007, 06:15 PM
In case no one has mentioned this yet...Duhon sucks, ass.

No thead about Duhon should ever go two pages...

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Why are the Spurs going to give up Butler for Duhon again? The Spurs still have Yao in their conference to contend with, along with Dampier and then there is the distinct possibility that Shaq sacks up for one last run next season. This is still a big man's league. Look at the teams that have won the last 10 titles.

Darkwaters
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow are people completely overrating Chris Duhon.

Obviously so. The guy is an decent backup. But he has alcohol issues and is hardly what I'd call a clutch performer.

Meanwhile, Butler is a young kid (20 years old I believe) with a skill set that is few and far between these days. Plus he is inexpensive for a big and has 2 years left on that contract (vice Duhon's 1 year left). Hence:
Butler>Duhon

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Do we go after Chris Duhon from the Bulls? Do we have the pieces?

A couple of scenarios would include:
Butler and Beno for Duhon
Elson straight up for Duhon
And then of course sign and trade options to include Nocioni (which will most likely need a third team to do anyway)

Would we do it? Would Chicago do it?

What is it about rookie posters with rookie trade scenarios? Did you copy these from hoopshype or something?

I guess it's the off-season, so I should get used to rookie posters thinking that we can trade our 12th and 13th man on the bench for other teams' rotation players.

:bang

What's with the low standards? Why not just offer Beno, Barry, and Butler to Chicago for Hinrich? :rolleyes

Backup PG is a secondary concern for this summer, behind youth at the swing position and someone to guard Dirk next year (can't count on Golden State to do the dirty work for us every year).

boutons_
06-16-2007, 07:50 PM
"Butler not being a young talent"

He's not talent, yet, only potential. We should know something first week of October by seeing his weight. He got his ring, now can he actually do more than burn salary? Can he help the Spurs get through the closing window to their next big goal, a repeat?

The_Iceman_Cometh
06-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I think any trade with Chicago is now moot if what ESPN said about 'the artist formerly known as 8' is true.

Kobe in the EC has a nice ring to it.

td4mvp3
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I think any trade with Chicago is now moot if what ESPN said about 'the artist formerly known as 8' is true.

only if you want to see every bulls-heat game played in prime time and the rest of the year consumed by eastern conference espn highlights of lebron, kobe, and wade.

Slinkyman
06-16-2007, 09:31 PM

I love the fact that Kobe has single handedly destroyed the la lakers, first he ran shaq out of town and now this? He may be my favorite player! Kobe probably ends up in the EC, the NBA needs for him to be there.

Russ
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
One little thing here . . .

What might Duhon think of this? (I think the Spurs have a PG who is doing pretty good, if you judge by hardware.)

Darkwaters
06-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I love the fact that Kobe has single handedly destroyed the la lakers, first he ran shaq out of town and now this? He may be my favorite player! Kobe probably ends up in the EC, the NBA needs for him to be there.

I tend to agree. I bet Kobe is in the finals next year too. Doesn't mean he'll win. But with how weak the east is he could be taking the Milwaukee Bucks to the finals.