PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Week Long CavFan Smack (for reflection)

twentyone
06-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I was saving some of my favorite posts of CavFans that came here, posted, and split. Some returned, some didn't but it's always fun to go back and have the historical vision to apply to the comments they posted. I tried to put the posters name in BOLD to section it off, quotes don't paste well sorry.

If it's too long or inappropriate I understand, but I wanted to share this anyway. My personal favorite was 'It's Already Over' and his 1 timer post, he already knew we would clown on him.

Thanks for the memories CavFan, we'll never forget... who was right.
Special Mention goes out to Kiss ma Grits for giving us the most to chew on.

Kiss ma Grits
Spur fans talk alot of SMACK!, but let me be very BLUNT with you. Cleveland has no pressure on them. Lebron GOT us to the finals in a shorter time then expected. The CBA rules are set up for Cleveland and other young teams to be dynasty's and while we're here make no mistake about it, Duncan has a shorter window then Lebron. Soon he'll become slower and struggling to stay in shape.

Even if Cleveland loses, which I doubt, they have LOTS of time to get back to the finals and like I said the CBA rules makes it more possible.

Teams use to BUY championships, but that's NOT the case now. Teams with superstars have a better chance at retaining their star players. Take Orlando for instances, they have $10-$11 million to spend in the off season. The most they can offer a player is 5 years $70 Million. The most that players team can offer is 6 years $90. NO PLAYER is gonna turn down $15 million and while you may be pounding on your chest, your window of opportunity is NOT as wide as ours. Tim Duncans are a seldom breed and after he's gone or has slowed down it will be tougher for you guys to replace that.

You have to win NOW!

If you guys lose it will be a tragedy for not only the team, but the fans of San Antonio. Win or Lose, Cleveland has a bright future ahead of them with Miami getting older and Detroit having a big question mark along with age. Going to the finals and watching this team improve year to year has taken ALL kinds of pressure off of us. We have a good mixture of young players to go along with experienced players. The thing that I'm happy about most is, it's our young guys who have been instrumental in us going to the finals. The veterans have done their part, but they haven't had as near the affect of us going to the finals as the young guys (Varejao, Gibson, LbJ, Sasha, etc.).

Before it's all said and done with, Lebron will have taken this team to waaaay more championships then DUNCAN has taken the Spe-rms to.

All hail to the king

Kiss ma Grits
What cleveland can do to slow down the Spurs:

Trapped Parker and make him give up the ball early. Also attack him on pick and rolls with our big guards on the high pick and rolls. We rotate very well. Foul him hard when he comes to the middle and force him to become a jump shooter. We have big guards with speed which could give him problems.

Force Bowen to make plays. When he's out on the floor on offense run him off pick and rolls and on defense use his man to double and trap Duncan every chance we get. Bowen has a nice 3 point shot when it's on, but offensively he doesn't scare anybody.

Defend Ginobili with Lebron.

Defend Duncan with Z, Double team him with Bowen's man.

Also, we use some full court presses. Take as much time off of the clock as possible.

IM NOT DIRTY
Believe.

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
Re: Any Cleveland fans in San Antonio?

Why does a Mexican re-fry their beans? Have you seen a Mexican do anything right the first time?

Why does a Mexican eat Tomales for Christmas? So they have something to unwrap

What are the first 3 words in the Mexican national anthem? "Attention K-Mart shoppers.

What are the first three words in every Mexican cookbook? "Steal a chicken"

Jimmy5161
Believe.

vBookie Cash: $500

Re: Any Cleveland fans in San Antonio?
I Live In Austin Texas.I'm a huge cavs fan.U spurs fans are talking about bowen shutting down James. Not going to happen. Prince is just as good ,maybe even better than Bowen.The only way u shut down James is Double,Triple team.If Spurs do double, triple James, If,Thats a big IF.The guarde (BOOBIE,Hughes) are on fire.The spurs are in trouble.Don't think this series will be easy.The whole world says the cavs don't have a chance.Thats when the cavs are at it's best. I'm not here to talk trash. CAVS IN 7.Ps. Spurs fans are saying spurs have loads of experince,3 time champions,GUESS WHAT WHO CARES,WE HAVE THE KING.

Its already over
Believe.

Position: Streaky Guard

Everyone open this
I'm not going to say much.. and not going to read any replies but this is all I'm going to say then I'm going to leave forever and you guys can always remember the person who came on your forum one morning and said something that you all thought was retarded and stupid.

The San Antonio Spurs... have absolutely no chance in this series and will lose the Finals. LeBron is going to rule the NBA for a long long time. Its not a prediction... its a fact.

Bookmark it , save it , do whatever you want. Cavaliers in 4

Goodbye.

virginislandCAVS
Believe.

Position: Rugged Forward

Virgin Islands...Timmy
Being From Akron, OH and having went to St.. Vincent St. Marys...(a few years before lebron). From a neutral perspective, if there is one, all of my fellow colleagues down here who are huge tim duncan fans (and friends of) and San Antonio fans, think this is going to be a monster series and that the Cavs present some matchup probelms for the spurs. Its pretty unanamous down here that the series is going to go 7.

LeBron James
Believe.

Are you ready for me?

Cleveland in 4

Good luck hope it's a great series

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

Re: All the pressure is on the Spurs to win this series:

TravBrady12
Believe.

Position: Dominant Center
Cavs Will Win

Drew Carey
Believe.

vBookie Cash: $50
Re: Cavs in 7

virginislandCAVS
Believe.

I never said they were soooooo dominant in every area, you did, remember? But the cavs are enough beter in a few areas where it will matter...and lebron is the glue that spreads around and makes up for other deficiencies.

"e you kidding me? if camby, nene, kurt thomas, boozer and okur couldn't slow down timmy, how in the hell is the slow and weak Z gonna do it. timmy is gonna drive the ball down his throat because he is too slow and too weak to stop him".........um, the weren't all on the same team, were they? But Z, Gooden, and Andy will be enough to slow him to the point that we need him to be?

If you think you defend the paint so well and go after all of lebron's drives then your bigs WILL be in foul trouble. Your going to have to when and what shots that are worth it.

It will be a great series. CAVS in 7.
Bowen >

BWJACKETS
Believe.

vBookie Cash: $0
I think the Cavs will win the series as well, however I am not going to be the one from the Cavs group to break the olive branch of peace between two teams who have been very impressive throughout the regular season and playoffs. FYI, this is my second time posting on here so yes, I am new on here. However, it may not be the last time seeing as how the Spurs have dominated the West and I am kind of foreseeing the same thing from the Cavs in the East for as long as Lebron is on our team.

I think Cleveland will win the boards because they have two legit centers in Z and Varajao, that is 12 fouls to give. There are alot of teams with two centers, however not many of them have two legit centers who have the range that Z does or have the scrapiness and intensity of Varajao. Most centers do not move and play defense like AV, the closest comparison, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is with Tim Duncan (especially with how they both know how to move their feet under the basket defensively).

I like Cleveland because SA isn't going to get the kind of easy shots they are used to with Ginobli and Parker driving to the hoop, if the refs let the teams play it will be doubly-so. The thing about Cleveland's backcourt is, they shoot ok, but the greatest attribute they have is to limit opposing backcourt scoring through strong defense, timely shooting and allowing for Lebron to do what he does to keep the pressure on. I've heard from the media that Gibson won't get his points, but I don't know about that, the young guy can definately play and can definately score, his jumper is fundamentally more sound as any rookie I've seen in his class. And any game where he and Lebron both are on their games, it is just going to be very difficult to beat these Cavs, especially on nights such as Games 4, 5, and 6 against Detroit where those two were scoring upwards of 60 points per game combined. Once they get going, they're very difficult to stop.

The most important thing to look out for in this series is who has the better series between Duncan and James. Whereas I think there isn't alot that San Antonio can throw at James personnel-wise that he hasn't seen and dealt with numerous times, Duncan may have some trouble playing a team that can go two-deep at center and play big across the board with those guys and other big men such as Gooden, James, Pavolvic, Marshall, and others. Of the guys I just listed, I believe none scale in at less than 6'7. That is some serious height and rebounding ability to deal with.

I'll say Cleveland wins it in 6 games, Duncan is a great player who like James has the entire offense run through him, however I like the chances of any team that has Lebron James leading the way. Also, unlike alot of young teams in the playoffs, these guys have formed the mindset of a champion and like Duncan himself said, confidence is as large a part of winning these big games as anything, because when it comes down to it these are the two best teams in the NBA and both have tons of talent.
Last edited by BWJACKETS : 06-04-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

What cleveland can do to slow down the Spurs:

Trapped Parker and make him give up the ball early. Also attack him on pick and rolls with our big guards on the high pick and rolls. We rotate very well. Foul him hard when he comes to the middle and force him to become a jump shooter. We have big guards with speed which could give him problems.

Force Bowen to make plays. When he's out on the floor on offense run him off pick and rolls and on defense use his man to double and trap Duncan every chance we get. Bowen has a nice 3 point shot when it's on, but offensively he doesn't scare anybody.

Defend Ginobili with Lebron.

Defend Duncan with Z, Double team him with Bowen's man.

Also, we use some full court presses. Take as much time off of the clock as possible.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

Re: What cleveland can do to slow down the Spurs:
I actually feared the Spurs with Duncan AND Robinson then I don't the present day Spurs and that's not to say they're not great, but I'm implying that I like our chances against your guards with our big guards.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

The calls are going to go to the home team just like they have all post season long. When you come to Cleveland we'll be getting the calls so if bowen fouls Lebron, he could end up on the bench really fast. I think we're gonna come close or pull out game 1, watch what I tell you.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

Kiss ma Grits
Believe.

BWJACKETS
Believe.

If the spurs lose, they're already saying that it would be an "Bigger upset" then the Warriors/Mavericks. It'll go down as the greatest upset in sports history...LMAO

The same people who are trying to dismiss Cleveland's wins over SA in the regular season are the same ones who tried to dismiss Golden State's wins over Dallas in the regular season. How did that turn out for the Mavericks again?? Oh, but according to Spurs fans it was only because they weren't playing well and they're much better now...first off, maybe you guys weren't playing well because the Cavs were controlling you guys, second, the Spurs aren't the only ones who have improved, the Cavs have improved as much or more so than any other team in the NBA since the start of the playoffs. Nobody is going to lie down for you guys, the entire goal from the start for Lebron has been to win a championship and nobody is going to stop that from happening, let's see what ya' got.

BWJACKETS
Believe.

I don't even have to finish reading this fool's post. There is no pressure on the Spurs you moron. The Spurs have been here before and have won so to try and proclaim there is more pressure now than before is ignorant. If anything LBJ will have to live up to his billing so your boy is under much more pressure than the Spurs..

Hey clown, past championships are exactly that, the past. They aren't going to win you any games. If the Spurs were to lose, which in reality is not that improbable, it would be a "catastrophe". "How could this young man Lebron James beat such a great team?" Well, it'll happen because the Cavs play better defense than the Spurs, Lebron is going to get Duncan into foul trouble, and the Cavs can play big on the Spurs and dominate the boards. On a side note, Varajao will make Ginbili think twice before coming into the paint and flopping because he will draw plenty of offensive fouls particularly against this team.

There is no pressure on Lebron, he wants this series win and nothing is going to stop him. That's why he has had Michael in his ear telling him all the right things, why Lebron has been in Gibson and other players ears getting them ready "to take on the Big Bad Wolf of the West." This guy is getting his players mentally prepared for the battle and coming in with all the confidence. James is going to dominate this series and completely overshadow Duncan and the dirty Spurs. Just try and stop him, I can't wait to see it, he's going to be making so many plays the Spurs heads are going to start spinning.

BWJACKETS
Believe.

I don't see how Varejao (can anyone from Cleveland spell his name right?!?) is considered that great when he shoots 53% FT! Manu will find a way to score, don't worry about that.

Wrong. This is Lebrons biggest series ever, and he's expected to carry the team. He will carry the wieght of the world on his shoulders.

That said, he will score 30-40 pts a game. But unless some other Cav can consistently score 20+ points, the Cavs will lose.

Unlike Detroit, Lebron cannot beat the Spurs by himself.

Plenty of good points. However, one thing I need to disagree with you on is that Lebron did not beat Detroit by himself, he carried the offense at times, most notably Game 5, however he could not have gotten here without this team playing lockdown defense, they played good defense all playoffs but they turned the dial way up against Detroit, they absolutely smothered those shooters that the Pistons have.

The Spurs have a trio in Duncan, Parker and Ginobili who are capable of putting up alot of points and controlling games. However, after shutting down Chauncey Billups, who if I am not incorrect was near the top of the league in assist-turnover ratio among PG's, I am confident that the Cavs defense can hold Ginobili and Parker well below their season averages.

Duncan is the guy that worries me, however I think the Cavs and especially Lebron can do enough to get him in foul trouble and negate his impact on the game. With Duncan on the court, edge goes to SA, if Cleveland can get him out of there though I definately think Cavs have the edge. Lebron could take it to the hole and take Duncan to school scoring, what worries me is that Cleveland has outrebounded all of their opponents decisively, I still think they will outrebound San Antonio and that will allow them to control some of these games, however if they get Duncan out I think their edge in the paint will be a pretty big edge.

On a side note, San Antonio's plan to single-cover Lebron with Bowen will last about 5 minutes into Game 1 before Cleveland goes on a big run, SA should be doubling Lebron with Bowen and Ginobili/Parker at all times, Detroit threw all kinds of defenses at Lebron and he just seemed to break through them all. Bowen has good defensive skills but he is older and it wouldn't hurt for him to get some help from a small guy with better speed. Nobody in the league can single-cover James, he might score every time down the court if you give him that. Put Bowen on him and Ginobili, Manu knows how to flop and he could maybe draw Lebron into some offensive fouls, depending on how the officiating is.

BWJACKETS
Believe.

Honestly, all I have to say in response is that if Lebron had San Antonio's backcourt they would win the championship every year. Duncan is a great post player but he couldn't hold Lebron's jock strap, Duncan has never been on an average team and carried them the way Lebron has. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm calling it right now, the Cavs will have an opprotunity in this series to close it out. The fact that the media once again has given them no chance makes me even more sure of it, San Antonio fans (and behind the scenes, players also) are already ready to proclaim themselves champions before the series has started. Let's see what ya got, Lebron is ready to elevate his game again and he'll have the entire team ready for a fight.

Saguaro
Believe.

Team: Phoenix Suns
Re: Bowen dirties moves

Three of them anyway -- the Cavs have got this one wrapped up.

BWJACKETS
Believe.

Re: Bowen dirties moves

No, is it supposed to? Guys land on defenders' feet all the time. Nobody bothers to make a video of it and bitch when it happens to every other player in the NBA.

That's because every other player in the NBA isn't a dirty player, just Bruce Bowen.

HoopsCzar
Believe.

HoopsCzar calls game and series to the Cavaliers

For openers I’ll say I’ve came to engage you not only as an individual opposing but fun loving fan { Cavaliers } as well as a basketball purist.

Enjoying what I see of the lively crowd and insightful fan base here. The pleasure we can share is that this is going to be a fun series for all the proverbial marbles. Where like what you’ll see on the court let’s have some engaging fun like you’ll never forget,.. and by all means lets match wits going toe to toe and have fun with it.

Off the Tip:

Recording the first points to get this game going in an engaging manner of transitional offense and defense. Off the spot up and getting back on defense I’m calling the shot that the Spurs are going down,..catch that out the net.

The show headliner for the Cavaliers is none other than LeBron James and there’s no question about it. The key to beating the Cavaliers is trying to stop him and I don’t see that as a reality for the Spurs. Not that he does one thing so well but as such a complete force he does everything well,..he’s the most complete and dominant force in the game nobody has a defense that can shut him down.

Where the key to beating the Spurs is by Tim Duncan getting trapped on the low blocks. Which will force Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and a more limited Michael Finley to try to beat the defense and make a victory happen,... and they won’t be able to do it.

The only way the Spurs win this series is if it comes down to clipboard coaching. Which is to say Greg Popovich knows his players via skills sets considerably better than Cavaliers coach Mike Brown does,.. yet neither are genuinely masterful coaches.

Beyond that summation the equation of this series will hinge upon athleticism and where LeBron James is the best in the business. What many of you don’t realize yet is he’s also coming loaded with a number of team mates. Who you’ll become familiar with their names and abilities discovering that there are some not at all shabby attack artists serving as opportunist henchmen,.. he’ll set the stage and the costars will deliver the defeat to you.

On breakdown

To introduce you to those players by name and matchup, lets start from the outside in,.. and just like and how the Spurs will be beaten.

Larry Hughes –vs- Tony Parker

Hughes is hobbled by the foot injury but as a long bodied opponent. He’s a savvy defender that plays anticipation better than any backcourt player that made the playoff field. The minutes he’ll log denying Parker the paint will force Parker to look and shoot from the perimeter. Where on the offensive attack Parker will need help to contest the things Hughes does well and if his shot from beyond the arc is on. Parker will be softened up for a rookie named Daniel Gibson who’s a blistering shot artist with range,.. don’t let ESPN joke writers fool you saying Parker will loom large.

Sasha Pavlovic –vs- Micheal Finley

Where as spurs fans you’re in love with Manu Ginobili in contrast you’re going to hate Sasha. Not because he’s a dirty player. But because he’s in the Ginobili mold by way of skills set but he’s a better athlete,.. plenty good enough just not fully developed yet.

Where against a now slower and more limited Finley, you’ll draw the correlation and where Finley will be badgered on the perimeter he’ll be denied the paint and Sasha is the Cavaliers 2 best range shooter on the team. In his athletic versatility he’s also punishing on aggressively dictating his own lane penetration,.. Ginobili will get the call to try to oppose him EARLY.

LeBron James –vs- Bruce Bowen

Where beyond saying there’s no question on who takes this matchup. Fact is Bowen will need all the help he can get trying to do the impossible. Where if his tactics of not allowing shooters to come down cleanly off the shot along with his elbows, kneeing and tripping. If the ref's call it clean not only will Bowen will get demoralized early he might find himself ejected from the frustration and embarrassment,.. absolute cookout in this pairing.

Drew Gooden –vs- Tim Duncan

Give Duncan the favor but it’s not by much and Drew will need some trapping help to get and keep Duncan off launching shots from his sweet spots. On the other side of the ball Duncan will have to chase Gooden as a floating and pop out shooter that can light it up in the 15 foot range of the basket,... Goodens not Amare Stoudimire but you’re going to be surprised at how much more dominant than Gooden he ISN’T.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas –vs- Fabricio Oberto

This is the mismatch of where the fire of the smoke out tactics will blaze. Where not a physical pivot what you’re going to see and what Oberto is going to catch hell trying to defend. Is Ilgauskas displaying that once Shaq departed the playoff field he’s the most prolific scoring center in the fray.

The tactic of limiting his minutes to hide him against the Nuggets and the Suns. Will be the same retreat he’ll be fit for trying to defend a 7’3 TALL ball artist with a shot range that can heat up from 18 feet.

Then the reserves will come into play

As for big’s Robert Horry can’t the energy of an athletic Anderson Varejao and Matt Bonner won’t be able to out play Donyell Marshall either.

Where in the way of back and sidecourt support Manu Ginobili will score but not in a game deciding manner. Which Beno Udrih and Brent Barry will have to work overtime to try to get their not nearly as athletic looks. Getting caught up in a firefight with bombardiers Daniel Gibson and Damon Jones with Eric Snow as a stopper,.. if the brick launching Jacque Vaughn dares hit the floor longer than 10 minutes he’ll get absolutely exploited.

Where somewhere within all that LeBron James will be setting his team mates up and or might feel the need to give you the Motown experience,.. he’s fresh off having stormed the palace and don’t think he’s scared to show you how the West will be won.

I'm not merely just a basketball fan I'm also a genuine HoopsCzar and trust me. LeBron's in your town and you're all going to witness a King hold court and leave you awestruck,..now who wants some? :downspin:

ClingingMars
06-13-2007, 05:12 PM
BWJACKETS wins @ most annoying troll, with Czar a close 2nd.

-Mars

duncan228
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Reading this just confirmed how glad I am they're gone.

twincam
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Too much to read, but now we all know that people like that buy into the hype and not the facts.

ggoose25
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
cant fault them for hoping their team would win... they shouldve known better though

DDS4
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm amazed you put in the effort.

Trolls come and go.

romain.star
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
keep in mind that during these playoffs, there must have been many spurs trolls out there spreading the same shit about the spurs ...