PDA

View Full Version : Official "Who got kicked off UT due to criminal charges this week" thread.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2007/06/13/Sports/Texas.Reserve.Safety.Elects.To.Transfer.After.Bein g.Suspended.From.The.Team-2914616.shtml
Texas sophomore reserve safety Robert Joseph confirmed Monday that he will be changing schools following his indefinite suspension from the team, which occurred after he was arrested on two counts of alleged vehicle burglary June 9. No statement has been released on where Joseph plans to transfer.

Joesph's attorney, Jamie Balagia, stated that, "Because of the situation, [Joseph] will be putting his best efforts to get his life together."

According to an arrest affidavit, an off-duty detective arrested Joseph in the parking garage of the Omni Hotel downtown at approximately 3:15 a.m. The detective was tipped off by the hotel's assistant manager, who said a black male was banging on a vehicle in the garage.

After searching the garage, the arresting officer found Joseph, the only person in the garage matching the description, seated inside a black Mercedes-Benz, according to police reports.

Joseph told the officer the car belonged to a friend named Andre and the two had been involved in an altercation at Spiro's nightclub on Sixth Street. Joseph and his friend separated, and he went to the garage where he said his friend had parked his car, according to the affidavit.

The officer noted there were children's DVDs, several business cards bearing a woman's name and a bag described in the affidavit as "a woman's shopping bag" inside the vehicle.

When the officer asked Joseph to exit the Mercedes to determine ownership, Joseph allegedly fled on foot. (:lmao)

Joseph is the second Texas football player arrested in the past two weeks. Defensive end Henry Melton was arrested on Sixth Street and charged with driving while intoxicated on June 1.

An indefinite suspension was given to Joseph for his actions, while disciplinary action is still pending for Melton.

"I want to thank coach Brown, coach Akina and all of the staff for everything they did for me," Joseph said in a statement through Texas' athletic department. "I've really enjoyed my time at Texas, but I think it's in my best interest now to transfer and get a fresh start. I don't know where I'm going to go yet, but I hope to continue working towards my dream of playing in the NFL."

Texas head coach Mack Brown was cordial regarding Joseph's departure.

"We appreciate everything that Robert contributed to our football program," Brown said. "We wish him the very best in football and in life."

It's hard to still bleed burnt orange when every ****** we recruit feels the need to maintain the thug lifestyle when all they gotta do is work hard and get rewards under the table.

sheesh.
Hope he doesn't go to chiggariggarum land or soonerville.

SPARKY
06-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Ah, Spiro's.

leemajors
06-13-2007, 11:50 PM
wow. spiros?!?!? that place is teh suck.

samikeyp
06-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Hope he doesn't go to chiggariggarum land or soonerville.

He would fit in well in Soonerville lately.

degenerate_gambler
06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
The Austin American Statesman reported that when the cops asked him to get out of the Mercedes trying to figure out the who the owner was, he ran away...and they caught him shortly thereafter, SITTING inside a Dodge Caliber.

not too bright...

j-6
06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
he ran away...

Well, Scout.com listed his 40 time as a 4.75. That means he could theoretically cover a mile on foot in 209 seconds. That's a pretty good pace in Austin traffic, though Justin may be slowed down by the ounce in his sock or the gun in his waistband.

A 4.75 safety. At UT.

(scoff)

Cedric Benson could run a 4.75 with a TV under each arm.

degenerate_gambler
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM

that's what i'm talking about.

or he could just catch a ride with Henry (MD 20/20) Melton.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
He was the possible starting safety..

mookie2001
06-17-2007, 12:09 AM
j webb and joseph were ranked number 1in the state at tackle and safety in 06. top 3 nationally. big loss

bright side tx has verbals from the top two wideouts in the state deshaun hales and dan buckner

RonMexico
06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Mack is still paying them too much.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
texas is so blatantly fucked next year

our defense will be worse than our record breaking worst defense of 2006
Colt will never be the same after being injured
Then in 2008 when we lose The He-mann? We might as well throw in the towel now.

Holmes_Fans
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
texas is so blatantly fucked next year

our defense will be worse than our record breaking worst defense of 2006
Colt will never be the same after being injured
Then in 2008 when we lose The He-mann? We might as well throw in the towel now.
Not really unless the defense is plagued by injuries again.

Texas-McCoy, Colt 26-40-0-308. 2 touchdowns in the Alamo bowl. This just a month later.

Not sure who you think that might be.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
The Colt comment was mostly in jest, but the other ones only partly.

Texas is really fucked. Like totally fucked. We had all our hopes on Drew Kelson being the new safety but word through the grapevine is he sucks ass at that position (even though it was his original position) so now we have a glut of upper-mid level tier linebackers, an unproven offensive line, and for the 5th season in a row no impact running back has joined our squad.

The Ramonce Taylor debacle is still causing ripples in the ocean that is Texas Football. If Jamaal gets injured this year what happens? Fucked. That's what. Plus he's put on so much muthle theres no way he's as explosive as he was before.....and if Greg Davis gets a hardon for east-west, shotgun based, slow developing run plays? Fucked...

John Chiles is the only guy that can save our squad. He's the only player on the entire roster that can give us that instant 30 or 40 yard play. We didn't have that guy last year and it KILLED us. He's gonna have to put his huthle to the muthle.

Kermit
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
I find it funny that Jamie Balagia represents every player with a hint of criminal element on the team.

Holmes_Fans
06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2939/aggiearrests07ic6.jpg

Holmes_Fans
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Texas is really fucked. Like totally fucked. We had all our hopes on Drew Kelson being the new safety but word through the grapevine is he sucks ass at that position (even though it was his original position) so now we have a glut of upper-mid level tier linebackers, an unproven offensive line, and for the 5th season in a row no impact running back has joined our squad.

You had dreams on Drew Kelson being a badass saftey?

The Ramonce Taylor debacle is still causing ripples in the ocean that is Texas Football. If Jamaal gets injured this year what happens? Fucked. That's what. Plus he's put on so much muthle theres no way he's as explosive as he was before.....and if Greg Davis gets a hardon for east-west, shotgun based, slow developing run plays? Fucked...

Yep, although it wouldn't of helped much last year. Like you said GD can have his stretches of the shittiest offensive playcalling. I have heard Charles has a lot more confidence this year now that he is a main man, he absolutely hated only getting 3 or 4 carries then being pulled.

John Chiles is the only guy that can save our squad. He's the only player on the entire roster that can give us that instant 30 or 40 yard play. We didn't have that guy last year and it KILLED us. He's gonna have to put his huthle to the muthle.

To bad he will be red shirted or atleast be playing another position the first year. Sherrod Harris will be the backup.

samikeyp
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM

and a dimebag in his back pocket.

cecil collins
06-20-2007, 04:46 PM

To bad he will be red shirted or atleast be playing another position the first year. Sherrod Harris will be the backup.

John Chiles will only be redshirted if he only wants to play QB. I would actually like this as it would make the offense crazy explosive if they could develop him into a decent passer.

Jammal Charles is crazy talented and I think he can give UT that 30-40 yard play. Injuries are a worry with him, but I think UT is at least deep enough to win 10 games again. No championship this year.

Holmes_Fans
06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
They had the talent last year to make it, injuries killed them last year. I had a list at one point, and can get it again. Something like 20 players missed a game due to injuries. You have to be damn lucky to win a NC, like Texas was in 05. There were no significant injuries until the NC, Tarrel Brown broke his arm in the 4th quarter.

johngateswhiteley
06-21-2007, 01:06 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2939/aggiearrests07ic6.jpg

isn't that t.u.'s quota for a week?

samikeyp
06-21-2007, 08:11 AM
isn't that t.u.'s quota for a week?

No...they are better at not getting caught. :lol

RonMexico
06-21-2007, 08:36 AM
RonMexico: 31 - Dogfighting

Cant_Be_Faded
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Neeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxt up:

SERGIO KINDLE, former 5 star linebacker recruit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2953220

DWI

I hate UT football more and more with each incident like this.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-29-2007, 10:44 PM
sergio
fucking
kindle

this is bull shit

scott
07-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Good thing they are just committing crimes and not doing anything like accepting a few extra bucks from boosters. Then UT could be in REAL trouble.

BeerIsGood!
07-30-2007, 04:54 AM
When's the first college football dog fighting scandal?

This is the state of college athletics today. Too much money at stake not to take the mentally fucked up, freakishly athletic kids.

Holmes_Fans
07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Neeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxt up:

SERGIO KINDLE, former 5 star linebacker recruit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2953220

DWI

I hate UT football more and more with each incident like this.
You never liked UT football, wtf are you talking about jorvorskilooms?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
No you just started posting here when my hate had already started to show.

can you imagine if Colt McCoy is convicted of rape prior to the beginning of the season?

BeerIsGood!
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
If Colt McCoy can manage to rape someone, get caught, and have the extremely slow wheels of justice we call a court system convict him in a month - I'll don Maroon and bang the Collie.

Ballcox
07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Damn! You guys need to calm down, and soon. Go take a Xanax and have a few shots, we're going to be fine.

M. Griffin and D. Kelson will be opening day starters at FS/SS, C. Brown (true frosh) will start at one of the CB spots and dominate. C. Scott is also coming in with the other freshmen this summer, he was one of top Safety prospects in the COUNTRY.

I also think the running game will be fine with J. Charles not having to share many carries anymore, look for him to get over the soph. slump and have a BIG season. As for Kindle, he's a first time offender with this DUI charge, he'll be back in the fold and getting heavy minutes at LB this season.

I've also heard reports that Webb is doing very well academically at junior college and will most likely be back on the team and playing next season. Get ready to feel the PAIN college football, UT will be right in the mix this season.

Of course I could be full of shit and someone will inevitably reference this thread if UT starts to tank this season. I don't think they will, so I'll perch myself out on a limb before the damn season even starts. Anyone else with me? CBF? L. Bryant? Mookie?

Come on guys, I need some SUPPORT! :lol

scott
07-30-2007, 11:08 PM
You just implied that a true freshman would "DOMINATE" at one of the top 2 hardest positions in football.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-31-2007, 02:51 AM
Chykie brown will be a bust, if only for his first name being Chykie. I really do hope Kindle isn't kicked off the team, cuz OU will surely beat us in 2008, if not definitely 2007 and 8.

Who is Webb?

Also, I thought it was already established that D. Kelson lost his former saftety speed and how no chance of playing at either safety spot, will most likely not even play at all past the halfway season mark once Mack realizes his younger LB's are much faster and stronger and better tacklers.

Ballcox
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Webb as in J. Webb, the LT who left the team along with R. Watts due to academic problems? He's doing well at junior college and word is that he will be back at UT in the near future, should be playing/maybe even starting at LT come next season.

And yes, I'm going out on a limb and saying Curtis Brown will at some point this season start at CB and then proceed to lock down a starting position at CB. I guess there are different interpretations for dominate, and I might have gone to far in saying that, but I do think he will be a solid contributor at CB and have that position to himself for 4 years at UT.

leemajors
08-03-2007, 09:38 AM
well i'll guess i'll be first on it:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/08/03//0803golden.html

The Texas Longhorns are no longer the fair-haired boys of college football.

"We are Texas"? How about: "Which Texas is this"? Not the Texas that coach Mack Brown molded into a national power with high-character recruits who rarely ran afoul of the law. Not the Texas that steered clear of serious off-the-field offenses.
The second arrest of former UT safety Robert Joseph, this time on aggravated robbery charges, was a head shaker. For the Longhorn Nation, the allegation that freshman defensive tackle Dre Jones participated in the robbery, too, was like running headfirst into a tackling dummy. Without a helmet.

We can't keep saying "another black eye for the program" because the eyes of Texas are rapidly becoming slits. No amount of makeup can cover up these scars. Hook 'em is fast becoming Book 'em.

Since Mack and Vince Young led the program to a fourth national championship on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2006, there have been 10 — count 'em, 10 — arrests of players involved with the Texas program. Five have come in the last two months.

What is going on here?

Accountability is everything, and Mack must take the hit here. He won a national title and returned this program to top-five prominence. Now he must re-evaluate his recruiting practices before his program disintegrates into something ugly, or uglier.

Brown has a problem in his football family, and he must face that fact. Instead of taking responsibility, he chided the media this week when he said, "It's very interesting that when you have 130 kids, and 128 of them do everything right, if one gets in trouble, you stir it up about one or two."

I like Mack. He's a good, family man who could charm the rattles off a Texas rattlesnake, but the time has come to take another approach in determining what type of kids he's bringing in here. I know there are background checks conducted on recruits every year. Incoming freshmen in orientation are cautioned to avoid drinking, late nights and to pick their friends wisely.

It's worked for the most part, but changes are obviously needed. What changes are up to Mack. That's why he makes over $2 million a year, to make those tough decisions.

If eight current and/or former players are arrested within an 18-month period, it puts a damper on the clean standing of the other 78 players. Bad news travels fast.

This is not the time for coaches or fans to make excuses. Be angry, not apathetic.

One or two arrests a year? Happens in most every major football program in America. But 10 in a year and a half? Now you're venturing into the seedy era of the camouflage-wearing Miami Hurricanes of yesteryear. We saw what Joe Paterno did when six of his Penn State players were arrested for a fight on campus. In addition to any legal punishment the offenders must face, he ordered the entire team to clean the football stadium after each home game.

Like it or not, it's called accountability. Accountability not only as a football player but as a football program.

Brown can't be everywhere his players go. But they hang out with one another. If a team member knew about guns or robberies, they should have intervened.

In the Texas football media guide, Jones is described as a Parade high school All-American, an honor roll student who graduated from Andress High School in El Paso early so he could join his future college teammates for spring football.

Jones grew up dreaming of being in the UT starting lineup one day, not the photo lineup in which he was identified. Now he will join Joseph in jail, in a different shade of orange uniform.

Which brings us to the easiest decision Mack Brown has faced since he offered Vince Young a scholarship. The lawbreakers must go.

Haven't these kids learned anything from Michael Vick? This dude was a $100 million industry unto himself and now there are sewer rats who wouldn't trade places with him. The lesson is you're only as good as your associations. If you lie down with dogs, you will soon wake up with fleas. So If you want to follow your buddy to the penitentiary, go ahead. But you shouldn't be allowed to do it under the guise of being a law-abiding student-athlete for a college reputed to recruit solid citizens.

How many times have we heard coach Brown say: "He's a good kid from a good family."? Well, it's time to find some better kids. More Kelsons and McCoys. Fewer thugs.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2007, 06:06 PM
The thugs are good, very good, but you need a man on your team who can keep them in check on and off the field.

If you don't have that man, a man they respect and look up to, will listen to, then the thugs are bad. Very bad.

So Robert Joseph got arrested yet again or is this referring to the car theft where he got caught, outran the cop because he was robert joseph, then got caught trying to steal the same exact car later that night.?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA080407.JonesArrest.en.3078fb2.html

College football: UT freshman surrenders to Austin police

Web Posted: 08/03/2007 10:53 PM CDT

Jeff McDonald
Express-News Staff Writer

AUSTIN — Andre Jones, the Texas freshman football player wanted in connection with an armed robbery here last week, has been suspended from the team after surrendering to Austin authorities Friday, his 18th birthday.

Jones turned himself in at a UT campus police station at 10a.m., a UTPD spokesperson said.

He was booked into the Travis County jail less than an hour later and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Bond has been set at $40,000.

The charge, a first-degree felony that carries a sentence of five years to life in prison, stems from a July 27 home invasion during which Austin police say Jones and former teammate Robert Joseph robbed the occupants of an East Austin apartment at gunpoint.

In a statement released Friday afternoon, UT coach Mack Brown said Jones, a Parade All-America defensive tackle and a key member of Texas' most recent recruiting class, would be suspended indefinitely from all team functions.

Jones' arrest marks yet another black eye for the UT program this summer. He is the fourth player to be arrested since June 1, and the second to be either suspended or kicked off the team.

Joseph, who has been jailed since last Saturday and faces the same charge as Jones, was dismissed after a previous arrest in June.

In his statement, Brown characterized himself as "extremely disappointed" in the spate of offseason arrests, but stood by the reputation of his program.

"That is not reflective of the high standard of class, character and integrity we have established at Texas in recent years," Brown said. "It's a shame that these recent events have generated a great deal of negative attention."

Brown added: "Overall, this is as good of a group of kids that I've ever coached."

So does that make 12 arrests in a year and a half? If you count Robert Joseph as still on the team, that makes 13 (oh wait he got arrested again last week) so that makes 14 arrests.

Niiice.
We should go for 20.

mookie2001
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
i cant say anything because ive had 4 BWIs, 2 POMs, felony animal cruelty and an accessory to animal cruelty, but these guys are outlaws

j-6
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
What's a DT doing with a gun? That shit's for skill position guys and the occasional LB-to-DE concert. DT's are supposed to sit in the Suburban drinking Mountain Dew, eating Funyons, and discussing porn actresses until confrontation is necessary. I can see an offensive lineman pulling this, perhaps with the protection mantra and all, but not a defensive lineman.

D-Line guys get stuck in drive-thru windows, not in shady apartments with a gun in hand.

4 BWI's

Is that what those asshole river cops try to charge you with for being drunk and beliggerent in an innertube?

BeerIsGood!
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I just saw that Kindle and Melton got 3 games each by Mack Daddy for their Gibson-like escapades. 2 will be cake walks, but they may be missed against TCU.

mookie2001
08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
2 on a PWC and 2 boats

mookie2001
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
at DT texas might have to get a juco, otherwise in 09 theyll be playing alan kunkle and mark alvarez

sergio was a freak athlete that you had to put on the field, couldnt redshirt, so he gets hurt as a freshman suspended as soph, his developments retarded

hope it happens to chiles this year

and colt goes down for felony BWI wreckless manslaughter

mookie2001
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
and then sherrod sneads us

Cant_Be_Faded
08-07-2007, 05:46 PM
his development IS retarded

man texas is so fucked

Holmes_Fans
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Andre Jones released from jail, claims mistaken identity

By Alan Trubow | Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 05:45 PM

Updated with release: Suspended defensive tackle Andre Jones posted bail and was released from jail at 4:30 p.m. today.

Jones was charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon after an incident on July 27.

His lawyer, Ariel Payan, said Tuesday that Jones’ arrest is a case of mistaken identity.

Austin police accuse Jones and former teammate Robert Joseph with breaking into a Southeast Austin apartment last Friday. In court documents, witnesses told police that Joseph had a handgun and Jones indicated that he had a gun in his waistband. The documents allege that Joseph threatened to kill a 14-year-old in the apartment and that the two men stole cash, cell phones and video game equipment from the apartment and its occupants.

“Andre says that he wasn’t with Robert Joseph,” Payan said. “Andre knows Robert from the team, but the two are not friends. Andre said he was somewhere else at the time of the robbery and he has an alibi.”

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2007/08/07/jones_to_post_b.html

mookie2001
11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
DJ monroe suspended

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
sergio
fucking
kindle

this is bull shit

Damn. The summer of 2007 was a turbulent time in the Mack Brown Era. Kindle could have been b12 freshman of the year if he hadn't got that DWI.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
can you imagine if Colt McCoy is convicted of rape prior to the beginning of the season?

:lmao

memories

:lmao sergio's development being retarded.....man if it weren't for Coach Boom, sergio's development would still be retarded to this day.

DMX7
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
theoretically

Whisky Dog
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
The Colt comment was mostly in jest, but the other ones only partly.

Thank jeebus for Jordan Shipley and Will Muschamp. Muschamp turned that defense around fast with guys like Earl Thomas, Lamar Houston, and that filthy CB lineup.