PDA

View Full Version : Which group is more annoying - The Manu Apologists or The "Fire Pop" Potbangers

50 cent
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
This is a close call for me. Both groups are incredibly annoying, but the jealousy from the Manu camp for all things Parker is on another level.

It's ridiculous and I bet Manu would be embarassed that his backers are so jealous of Parker's achievements.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
i'd still take Manu over Parker in a must win game

RobinsontoDuncan
06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
gotta go with the crazy argies, the fire pop crowd is really nothing more than an extremely outspoken minority that only speaks out when the spurs arent no. 1 in the power rankings

yaicu2
06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
They all where the silver and black, and that's all that matters. The world should tune in and witness tommorow. The Spurs are giving lessons on how to sweep, so have your brooms handy. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

hater
06-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Calling fire Pop 10x worse than apologizing for Manu. he doesn't suck that bad.

now if they were apologizing for Beno...

hater
06-13-2007, 05:56 PM
add "hate Finley" option - Whott would win

ChumpDumper
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
There's alot of overlap there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Where's the fire Pop threads at?

I don't see anyone apologizing for Manu's play last night, he sucked.

50 cent
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
AHF, you are the "fire Pop" potbanging President. He's gonna go down as one of the best coaches ever, but you always find fault with him.

Instead of Manu apologists, I should have said "Church of Manu." You know, the ones that always say we should trade Tony because he doesn't pass Manu the ball enough, etc.

Melmart1
06-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Where is the "all haters, period" option?

ChumpDumper
06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Is there a vBookie on the timing of Walton's kluby thread?

T Park
06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I'll say 5 minutes after the trophy is hoisted.

Cherry
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM

johnpaulwall21
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I like parker more than manu, but i still want Duncan to win MVP.

timvp
06-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Weirdly enough, most modern day Manu Apologists aren't from Argentina. Some of them are but most of the Argentine fans who have been around a while have become Spurs fans instead of Manu fans.

The only thing I have a problem with regarding Manu Apologists is they tear other Spurs players down to try to prop Manu. That's a horrible trait in a supposed fan of a team . . . but also a trait that's rampant in the Manu Apologists camp.

The Church of Manu is respectable. They of course are huge fans of Manu but they are also still Spurs fans. And really, who could be a Spurs fan and not love Manu for how hard he plays and how much he wants to win?

On the other hand, the Manu Apologists are more of a cult that is borderline not Spurs fan material.

T Park
06-13-2007, 08:44 PM
:lol

what about the "pop hater" contingent.

Cause there isn't many "fire pop" people left.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I haven't said fire pop since some time in 2001.

ClingingMars
06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
fire pop is way worse than anything manu fans could do.

-Mars

Obstructed_View
06-13-2007, 09:18 PM
fire pop is way worse than anything manu fans could do.

-Mars
My point is, do those people still exist? I don't remember a serious "fire pop" post in a long time. It's kind of just become a joke.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 09:27 PM
AHF, you are the "fire Pop" potbanging President. He's gonna go down as one of the best coaches ever, but you always find fault with him.

Instead of Manu apologists, I should have said "Church of Manu." You know, the ones that always say we should trade Tony because he doesn't pass Manu the ball enough, etc.

I haven't screamed to fire Pop in a couple of years now. Do I get pissed off with his stupid ass rotations and play calling some nights? Hell fucking yeah I do. Funny, some folks got pissed off about me calling out Pop in the fourth of game 2 for his shit rotations and play calls, and then Pop comes out in the post-game and admits his rotations and play calling sucked in the fourth.

If I'm the 'president' of the Fire Pop club, I guess Pop is the V.P.

Pop hate <> Fire Pop. Sorry your reading comprehension sucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
My point is, do those people still exist? I don't remember a serious "fire pop" post in a long time. It's kind of just become a joke.

For the simple minded folks on the board, they translate criticism to wanting him fired. I think they all have one of those 'Jumping to Conclusions' mats in their garage from Office Space, too. :lol

SpursIndonesia
06-14-2007, 07:16 AM

But without Parker Manu won't be in a must win situation game.
:lol

mathbzh
06-14-2007, 07:25 AM
You forgot the new group of "DON'T TOUCH MY TIMMY - PARKER IS A PUSSY" who was giving lessons to "The Manu Apologists" few days ago and is now exposed as the new plague on this board.

manubili
06-14-2007, 07:43 AM
We, the Manu apologists, have been very quiet last weeks. It's hard to be a Manu apologist, believe me, props to us.

The really anoying ones are the all kind of "traders", Manu traders, Pop Traders, there are even Duncan Traders!!

Sad thread to read on a championship day.

WalterBenitez
06-14-2007, 08:46 AM
You got me in this one ... I am one of those "Manu sucks" and "Fire Pop" guy ... but I do love Manu's crazy behavior and those touch that Pop gives to the game flow in certain ocassions.

smeagol
06-14-2007, 08:54 AM
I'd say both groups suck. Both groups are annoying as hell.

And I agree with manubili, the third group which is annoying as hell is the "trade-any-of-the-big-three" group. I probably hate that group the most.

And the fourth most annoying group, is a "single-poster" group: rascal.

romain.star
06-14-2007, 08:54 AM
You forgot the new group of "DON'T TOUCH MY TIMMY - PARKER IS A PUSSY" who was giving lessons to "The Manu Apologists" few days ago and is now exposed as the new plague on this board.

the "Dont Touch My Timmy" group and the Manu Apologists are actually the same

WalterBenitez
06-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Weirdly enough, most modern day Manu Apologists aren't from Argentina. Some of them are but most of the Argentine fans who have been around a while have become Spurs fans instead of Manu fans.

The only thing I have a problem with regarding Manu Apologists is they tear other Spurs players down to try to prop Manu. That's a horrible trait in a supposed fan of a team . . . but also a trait that's rampant in the Manu Apologists camp.

The Church of Manu is respectable. They of course are huge fans of Manu but they are also still Spurs fans. And really, who could be a Spurs fan and not love Manu for how hard he plays and how much he wants to win?

On the other hand, the Manu Apologists are more of a cult that is borderline not Spurs fan material.

Your analysis will got an "A" in human behavior :reading

WalterBenitez
06-14-2007, 09:00 AM
But without Parker Manu won't be in a must win situation game.
:lol Any stats of Parker's assist to Manu !? :rolleyes

smeagol
06-14-2007, 09:00 AM
So who is part of which group?

Speak up 50 cent!

ArgSpursFan
06-14-2007, 09:15 AM
I´m a Manu Apologist,May be the most annoying one,But at the same time love Tony´s game these playoffs,and never said let´s trade any of the big 3 in any thread here.
I just hate people here waiting manu to have an offnight to start bashing him.
Eventhough Right now Manu is the less productive out of the big 3,i would still give him the ball at the clutch(and Pop would as well) in any game even these finals.And that means alot for an NBA player.

MadDog73
06-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I'd like to nominate a new group, the "I Hate Tony!" group lead by SpursDynasty 21

mathbzh
06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
I´m a Manu Apologist,May be the most annoying one,But at the same time love Tony´s game these playoffs,and never said let´s trade any of the big 3 in any thread here.
Eventhough Right now Manu is the less productive out of the big 3,i would still give him the ball at the clutch(and Pop would as well) in any game even these finals.And that means alot for an NBA player.
Too bad for Manu you don't need a clutch player when you have a 20+ lead starting the 4th.

ArgSpursFan
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Too bad for Manu you don't need a clutch player when you have a 20+ lead starting the 4th.

you never know.I would still wait untill these series are over to say such a thing.

mathbzh
06-14-2007, 09:27 AM
you never know.I would still wait untill these series are over to say such a thing.

I was talking about game 1 & 2. I would be really happy if Manu could kill game 4 with a Ginobilistic 4th quarter.

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I'd like to nominate a new group, the "I Hate Tony!" group lead by SpursDynasty 21

that guy TDDPOY or something like that is #1 Parker hater

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I think we're all too close to this situation to adequately gauge it. If someone predicts that Duncan's going to struggle in tonight's game and he then has a bad game, that person's going to come in tomorrow and say "I told you", but if Duncan goes out and gets a quad double that same person is going to be more happy to see him dominate than he is upset about being wrong.

BTW, quad double tonight for Timmy. Book it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Right, like in game 3 the other night...

mathbzh
06-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Right, like in game 3 the other night...
Did we ever had a 20+ lead in game 3????????? I didn't speak about game 3 because I like Manu much :(

Fabbs
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
For the simple minded folks on the board, they translate criticism to wanting him fired. I think they all have one of those 'Jumping to Conclusions' mats in their garage from Office Space, too. :lol
:clap :lol
Hire Pop option.
An offensive coordinator. Or make him start implementing what Carlesimo says re ball movement and spacing when the Spurs are bogged down, as Pop occassionally admits to.

50 cent
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
So who is part of which group?

Speak up 50 cent!
If you can't figure out who is in what group based on the threads that are started around here, then you have problems.

It's obvious who is in the "Tony doesn't deserve it because Manu didn't get it in '05" crowd.

diego
06-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I havent posted on the subject of the finals mvp, but in regards to that last sentence, i would rephrase it:

"tony deserves it as much as manu did in 05, but because manu didnt get it i expect parker not to get it." now if you think parker has been noticeably better than manu in 05, or duncan less valuable, i've yet to see a convincing argument on those lines.

and it wouldnt bother me much if any of the big 4 (gotta include bo-bo!) got it, just like it didnt bother me much when manu didnt get it. the ring is whats important.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I havent posted on the subject of the finals mvp, but in regards to that last sentence, i would rephrase it:

"tony deserves it as much as manu did in 05, but because manu didnt get it i expect parker not to get it." now if you think parker has been noticeably better than manu in 05, or duncan less valuable, i've yet to see a convincing argument on those lines.

and it wouldnt bother me much if any of the big 4 (gotta include bo-bo!) got it, just like it didnt bother me much when manu didnt get it. the ring is whats important.

Amen, I am a Manu Apologist and I can relate to what these 2 above say. I thought Manu deserved the trophy in 2005 and probably Tony deserves it now. It's not about Tony not getting it because you have to love what he has done in the first 2 games but I don't think it's fair. It's hard to be Manu these days even though he doesn't say a thing. You are a first class player and has to start from the bench, etc. It's ackward not to see him when they are announcing the starting 5. He still goes out and plays team basketball and you can see him doing the crazy things.

It is clear to me that being on the bench for so long has taken something out of him, he is not quite the same he was before, not even close to 2005. I would ask people for more respect really. Some of you wait for a night off to ask for a manu trade, that's ridiculous. Then when we come out saying Tony deserves it but TD will get it you get pissed off. When we say Manu deserved in 2005 it and it wouldn't be fair for Tony to get it now, you get pissed off. I can see Tony being as good as Manu was 2 years ago and it wasn't enough.

I'm just tired of the whole "Parker is the MVP" because he scores more points. A little respect would be in order now I think.

smeagol
06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
If you can't figure out who is in what group based on the threads that are started around here, then you have problems.

It's obvious who is in the "Tony doesn't deserve it because Manu didn't get it in '05" crowd.
I know I'm not in part of any of those groups.

I was just joking, 50 Cents, I know were posters stand.

ginobili fan
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
manu was "only" at 18.7 in 2005 with "bad" games during the series.
tony is at 24 and is the best scorer of the spurs wich is a little bit different.