PDA

View Full Version : Which Wallace is more dangerous tonight?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Big Ben is coming of his suspension, sure to be fired up, if not a little rusty. He's also the most dominant defensive force in the paint. And he's been expanding his offensive game slowly but surely over time.

Rasheed is a offensive machine, capable of posting up against a lot of players and equally capable of drawing them out to the perimeter with a very credible jump shot, if only to open up the lane for the Pistons guards. He's not a terrible defender himself, either.

The question before you-which Wallace is going to be more important to the Pistons tonight-Ben :fro or Rasheed :smokin ?

FromWayDowntown
12-03-2004, 04:43 PM
I've always thought that the bigger concern for the Spurs was Rasheed Wallace, since he's just about the only player in the NBA who's been able to consistently slow down Tim Duncan. I'd say that it's still Rasheed.

exstatic
12-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Ben. Rasheed can do all of those things, but will he? And if they use Rasheed to guard Tim, Rasho can pull Ben away from the basket with his jumper.

Marcus Bryant
12-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Is there any doubt?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/basketball/news/2002/01/30/off_glass/t1_wallace_ap.jpg

Radosoft's gonna get worked.

Manu20
12-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Ben Wallace hands down. IMO he is the most important player for the Pistons especially in the defensive end.

Solid D
12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Tim has had trouble with both. It depends on who's fired up the most but the Spurs should win tonight, regardless.

The only concerns I have is at PG and if 'Sheed decides he's a 3-pt man and starts hitting some of them.

The Pistons are more physical on the perimeter than the Spurs are and they know how to test the officials and get up into their men on defense. Very strong on the ball.

If the refs are enforcing new rules, that hurts the Pistons and Hamilton will foul out before the game is over. Billups gets caught less. This will be a major test for Tony and Beno in the half court or any time other than early offense/transition.

Spurs beat the Pistons like a drum if they can run the floor. I sure hope they push the limit on this aspect tonight. Just remember the art of the reverse layup, with Tayshaun and the Wallaces trailing plays.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-03-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm going to say Rasheed. Both of these guys can guard Tim about as well as any one in the league can, but Rasheed gets more done on the offensive end and the Pistons are going to need all the help they can get against the spurs d.

Solid D
12-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I just read the Marc Stein article on the Pistons and it probably looks like I rehashed what his article is saying, but I hadn't read it before posting my thoughts above. They are certainly not unique thoughts.

Rasheed has a history of playing well in SA so I'll guess Rasheed will be more dangerous to the Spurs tonight, because of his impact at both ends.

GoSpurs21
12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
does Duncan guard Rasheed at the 3pt line or would you let Rasho/Horry/Rose handle those duties.

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Ben Wallace.
Only reason, Rasheed guarded by Duncan, and wow.

Duncan is averaging 3 blocks per game, big improvement.

Rummpd
12-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Ben, other might get T'd out. Ben will be very very motivated and scary.

MadDoc

RobinsontoDuncan
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
I think the big picture aspect puts Ben Wallace as the focal point, look if he can be dominante out slashing guards may not be as effective as we need them to be in order to win.