PDA

View Full Version : Proof some people just don't want to win

tsb2000
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
-or work hard to do it, for that matter.

Exhibit A, Grant Hill (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0613sunsnb-ON.html)

Hill sounds like he likes Suns
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 13, 2007 05:31 PM

Grant Hill sounds like a man with no plans of retiring and two priorities for his next team: a championship contender and a light practice slate.

That sounds like Phoenix.

Hill, a free agent, talked Wednesday with Dan Patrick on Patrick's ESPN Radio show about wanting to be a champion. A postseason ABC analyst gig has put him at the NBA Finals, but he would rather get there playing.

Patrick asked Hill to choose between San Antonio and Phoenix based on style fitting his game and title chances.

"Best suit my style? Phoenix, and I think both teams are the two best teams in the league," Hill said. "But if you want an answer, I'll say Phoenix . . . Suiting my style would be an adjustment (with the Spurs)."

The Suns are interested in Hill, who may be willing to take a minimum contract on the heels of his seven-year, $92million deal. Suns assistant coach Alvin Gentry coached Hill for five of his six Detroit seasons, including 21/2 as head coach. He may tell Hill about the NBA's lightest practices and coach Mike D'Antoni's belief in saving legs for the Suns' up-tempo style.

Hill, a seven-time All-Star pick with no playoff series wins, will be 35 in October but averaged 14.4 points on 52 percent shooting this season for Orlando. Injuries kept Hill out of 282 of 492 Magic regular-season games over six years but he played 65 this season.

"It's a situation where the next couple weeks, couple months, I have some hard decisions to make," he told Patrick. "My wife (singer Tamia) and I are very rooted in Orlando. We love it there. But at the same time, I want to win and I want to be a part of it. I don't want to be on the sidelines. I don't want to be, no offense to M.L. Carr, waving the towel. I want to be out there on the court producing, being productive and being a part of these things."

Fabbs
06-14-2007, 11:11 AM
You and Tamia go to the Suns.
Please, go.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 11:13 AM
The article didn't say he wanted a ring, just to be on a contender. Sounds like the perfect situation for him.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2007, 11:13 AM
How's her recording career going?

Strike
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
He's too much of a BITCH to play San Antonio's system.

Phoenix can have his tissue soft ass. He'll fit in well in that pussy ass system.

DDS4
Grant doesn't realize that you may have light practices, but D'Antoni will work you hard with heavy minutes during the regular season.

zrinkill
Who would want Grant ball hog Hill here anyway?

samikeyp
06-14-2007, 11:15 AM
At least M.L. Carr has a ring.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Who would want Grant ball hog Hill here anyway?
It's about ten years too late for me to particularly care where he goes.

Aud21946
Hiil is Very Good professional but I think the Spurs should look to the Future instead of picking up pros who want a title plus next season is a Even year. We ( as fans) know the Spurs dont win in even years.

ObiwanGinobili
light practice?

well that explains alot....

The Waco Kid
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Coach, take me out. I broke a sweat.

DarrinS
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Fragile player wants to join a fragile team.

Good fit.

coopdogg3
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Well their practices have to be light - they don't have a bench to rest their players during games. Maybe we'll see the Suns give away more 1st round picks this year, like they did last year.

What's the point of acquiring 1st round picks, just to give them away??

tsb2000
06-14-2007, 11:30 AM
The word from Phoenix is there will be changes to the roster. Marion is a goner almost for sure, and they would like to trade him for some picks, if possible. The Suns are $12M over the cap as it is, so the economic factor is there as well- Marion is their single highest paid player.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
The word from Phoenix is there will be changes to the roster. Marion is a goner almost for sure, and they would like to trade him for some picks, if possible. The Suns are $12M over the cap as it is, so the economic factor is there as well- Marion is their single highest paid player.I'm sure the Hawks could use another swingman....

SenorSpur
06-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Go ahead Grant. Spurs will continue to kick some more Suns booty with you on the squad.

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Grant hill on a vet minimum contract would be a steal. I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from here. A Ginobili / Hill combo off the bench could make one heck of a 1-2 punch with both creating space for the other.

SenorSpur
06-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Grant hill on a vet minimum contract would be a steal. I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from here. A Ginobili / Hill combo off the bench could be one heck of combo.

Hey, I'd love for Hill to come to the Spurs. If you factor in his relationship with Tim, I just knew that he would list the Spurs as his first option. I was shocked when he named PHX as his first option.

So if he wants to go to the desert - GO. Just don't bank on winning a title out there - as long as Duncan, Parker and Manu are around.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
If one of his priorities is not having to practice hard, why do I want him in San Antonio again?

Strike
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
If one of his priorities is not having to practice hard, why do I want him in San Antonio again?

Exactly!

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Why would he go back to his old coach, isn't the reason he is so injured due to the fact that he played too much on an injury?