PDA

View Full Version : From NBADraft.net

twilo73
06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry if someone already posted this:

The Future: Simply put, the San Antonio Spurs are the flagship franchise in the National Basketball Association. They represent what every other team in the league should be trying to achieve. They win, they play smart, team oriented basketball, they are well-coached, and their salary cap is fiscally sound. Sure, they were lucky to land Tim Duncan in the draft lottery, but they made their own luck by drafting Parker and Ginobili and by making intelligent front office moves like acquiring Bruce Bowen and Michael Finley. Even after all their success, the Spurs will still be title contenders in the foreseeable future. That’s a major credit to their management.

The only concern I see is the depth of their frontline. Fabricio Oberto, their best big sub, could become a free agent this summer. The smart, efficient Oberto has a chance to produce better numbers with a larger role on another team and he’s likely to receive some offers. If Oberto leaves and Robert Horry retires, the only frontcourt players left are Francisco Elson and Jackie Butler. The Spurs will need to give Duncan a little more help down low. Of course, when you are the Spurs, filling a need seems to be an easy task.

Free Throw: After watching the Spurs dismantle Cleveland in game one of the NBA Finals, I started to wonder. How many championships will they win by the time Duncan calls it a career? Sure, the West is tough and they’ll have to fight through Phoenix and Dallas the next couple of years, but they’ve proven they can beat both of those teams. They are on their way to their fourth championship in the Duncan era and I wouldn’t be surprised if they won two more by the time he is through. Matching the great Michael Jordan for championships would be incredible and it appears to be within reach.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2007stateofthecapsanantonio001.asp

Mr. Body
06-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Teams (and ESPN/ABC) will be killing themselves when they realize the Spurs will have cap room next summer to retool.

EvenFlow
06-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, can you imagine the Spurs dominating the NBA for the next 3-4 years? ESPN and all the other bogus sports writers would have to respect us. :devil