PDA

View Full Version : Alternate routes to getting downtown

broke_mexican
06-14-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.ksat.com/video/13501616/index.html?source=

post ur alternate routes to getting around the normal road closures also might be a good idea to maybe get a poster board with alternate routes and put them in ur car windows to to get as many fans through the road blocks as possible

degenerate_gambler
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
i was only paying half attention to the news last nite cuz my wife was trying to talk to me at the same time...but it sounded like the cops are gonna try and keep people out of downtown tonite?

is that true?

if so...that's b.s.

i've taken the family down there in '03 and '05 and i never saw anything except people having a great time celebrating the Spurs win.

Creation88
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah the cops tried to pull this crap in '05.

broke_mexican
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
they did it last championship some people got through but not even close to as many as the first year i went durring the begiining of forth quarter cuz i knew we were gonna win. this year sounds like a lot of people are goin as early as five i wuz gonna try to be there by 6 but gotta wait for someone to get off work but still gonna go befor the game starts and try to find a place to watch out there

degenerate_gambler
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
yeah the cops tried to pull this crap in '05.

i wasn't aware of that.

wtf coppers?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Why would I want to post my super secret alternate route so that everybody clogs my super secret alternate route?

Real Tomato Ketchup
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Fred Road baby FRED! Blanco/San Pedro also

broke_mexican
i dont remeber it's in the vid but i think they said they're closing all I-10 and I-37 exit ramps in the downtown area

Johnny_Blaze_47
Get it everybody?

No Fans No

Unless you say yes.

broke_mexican
06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Why would I want to post my super secret alternate route so that everybody clogs my super secret alternate route?

lol it aint the same if we cant get everyone in sa there

Spurs R Us
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Two years ago I almost got arrested by a dickhead cop because I was hanging out the sunroof of our Suburban with a beer.
He was being a real prick and told my sister who was driving that she was going to jail because she was in charge of me. I was 35-years-old at the time. She ain't in charge of me!!
Then he acts like he is on his radio and he calls and says he needs a tow truck because he is impounding our vehicle.
It wasn't like ours was the only car that had people hanging out the sunroof and celebrating.

broke_mexican
06-14-2007, 04:22 PM
yeah the cops are dicks by the way if any of yall see where they blocked the roads with cones but no police to be seen throw them 2 da side i was doin that shit last time police were probably like where the fuk are all these people gettin in chances are they're not gonna have enough cops just to stand around watchin cones n shit

coz
06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
i would exit nogalitos (S I-35), come on up s flores and look for an entrance. generally, they'll close all of the entrances coming south, but go a bit beyond downtown, then fight your way back up. there's no way they'll close all those side streets into DT, too difficult. Also, you can always park right around there and walk 6 blocks. hope this helps.

SA210
06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I remember my sister telling that she couldn't get in last time. Lucky for me, I went early. :lol

It's all about Commerce downtown tonight baby!!!

Dutch13
06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Straight down Broadway then

ChumpDumper
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Two years ago I almost got arrested by a dickhead cop because I was hanging out the sunroof of our Suburban with a beer.
He was being a real prick and told my sister who was driving that she was going to jail because she was in charge of me. I was 35-years-old at the time. She ain't in charge of me!!So you're a 35 year-old man hanging out of the sunroof of a Suburban in downtown San Antonio with a beer.

And you weren't expecting trouble from the cops?

Then he acts like he is on his radio and he calls and says he needs a tow truck because he is impounding our vehicle.
It wasn't like ours was the only car that had people hanging out the sunroof and celebrating.Did you throw a brick at him?

dknights411
06-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Fred Road baby FRED! Blanco/San Pedro also

St. Mary's might be a big no-no too tonight. Unless someone wants to celebrate at Hardbodies! :lol