PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan needs to wake the fuck up

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
0-3 FG
0-2 FT
1 turnover

Z had gotten two rebounds over his back that have led to 5 points for Cleveland.

cbinge
06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
he wants tony to win the mvp

duncan228
06-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Looks like he does.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 08:26 PM
He keeps playing this Lebron may win it.

Sweetey
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Looks to me like he wants to throw the damn game ! :wtf

cbinge
06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
let's not worry til the 4th, he'll takeover

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 08:33 PM
what a bunch of wasted oportunities. Spurs are playing to lose. all of them

Fillmoe
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
theres a game today? :lol :lol :lol

gaKNOW!blee
06-14-2007, 08:44 PM
theres a game today? :lol :lol :lol

not for you.

Fillmoe
06-14-2007, 08:45 PM
apparently for no one but the folks of SA..... i dont think even they are watching

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Parker MVP Parker MVP Parker MVP

he travelled like 4 times but he still deserves it

T Park
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
duncan's shots have just missed, but the failing to box out is inexcusable.

Duncan needs to wake up pronto.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Parker MVP Parker MVP Parker MVP

he travelled like 4 times but he still deserves it

This isn't about MVP. This is about us actually winning the damn game tonight.

Supreme_Being
06-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't believe the SAS are still leading by 8 with duncan having such an erratic FG%.

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Is DUncan trying to lose the game?

smeagol
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
We are winning this one without Duncan playing well.

tim_duncan_fan
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Thank god for tony parker.

Something told me TD was going to pull this shit and so I say TP 4 MVP.

If Duncan wants to throw the game then I say they put his ass on the bench and leave him there. I wasted a whole bunch of my time telling a whole bunch of people how good TD was and now he's sitting here throwing the game so screw him.

samikeyp
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
apparently for no one but the folks of SA..... i dont think even they are watching

which explains why I am sitting in Lansing watching the game.

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM

If Duncan wants to throw the game then I say they put his ass on the bench and leave him there. I wasted a whole bunch of my time telling a whole bunch of people how good TD was and now he's sitting here throwing the game so screw him.

wow. you saw the light!

I think Duncan will bounce back at 2nd half. So it's gonna be a close call for MVP

T Park
06-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Go fuckyourself and STFU.

Bench the guy who is helping them to a friggen title run?

Shut up..

tim_duncan_fan
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM
wow. you saw the light!

I think Duncan will bounce back at 2nd half. So it's gonna be a close call for MVP

I doubt it. Usually when Duncan starts the game is sissy mode he finishes like that. But like I said, he's screwing his team mates and fans so screw him.

TP 4 MVP!

duncan228
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM

Duncan's not throwing the game. Get real. He's a champion.
His shot's not there, his game is off. It happens.
Parker is fantastic, Manu is showing signs of life.
Be happy for the team. Your team.
They can grind this out and win their fourth.

Having said that, I wanted Duncan to have a game. I wanted him to get the MVP. But I'll get over it. The Title is what matters.

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
But like I said, he's screwing his team mates and fans so screw him.

damn take it easy

Supreme_Being
06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Rotfl!!!!!!11!!!

duncan228
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I doubt it. Usually when Duncan starts the game is sissy mode he finishes like that. But like I said, he's screwing his team mates and fans so screw him.

TP 4 MVP!

First he's throwing the game and now he's screwing his teammates and fans? :wtf

I don't understand where you're coming from.
I'm all about Duncan, he's the only reason I watch.
If you're a Duncan fan you know what you're saying isn't him.
He wouldn't have a bad game on purpose. Especially with stakes this high.

He's off right now.
Either he'll pull out of it or he won't.
But he'll play through it.
And do everything else he can, and always does, for his team.

tim_duncan_fan
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Duncan's not throwing the game. Get real. He's a champion.
His shot's not there, his game is off. It happens.
Parker is fantastic, Manu is showing signs of life.
Be happy for the team. Your team.
They can grind this out and win their fourth.

Having said that, I wanted Duncan to have a game. I wanted him to get the MVP. But I'll get over it. The Title is what matters.

Oh I'm happy for the team of course, it's just annoying watching a guy continuously miss point blank shots in the middle of the freaking Finals. I mean he really picked a nice time to start playing like a scrub.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
TD isn't throwing it, he's just a no show mentally tonight.

tim_duncan_fan
06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
TD isn't throwing it, he's just a no show mentally tonight.

Whatever it is, I'm crossing my fingers that TP can keep going the way he is.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2007, 10:03 PM
tim duncan should go put his head back into the sand, fuckn no show tonite again.

you dissappoint me

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
^ you moron. we are winning a championship tonight. :donkey

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Duncan's playing good defense. I just wish he'd look like something other than Mark Madsen on a bad day on offense.

wolf754life
06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
one of the worst performances in a title clincher all time for any all star caliber player. He was incredibly bad tonight.............

duncan228
06-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't believe this.

He had an off night. Big deal.

It didn't cost us the championship, even if we don't win this game.

Duncan is this franchise. I will allow him an off night. Will you?

nkdlunch
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
what the fuck is up with the shitty lineup by Pop.

this is the final game!!!!

put Manu + Tony for the last 10 minutes!!!

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
i want the sucka to win finals mvp

not the french dude.....stuff this is baring to watch,....

VaSpursFan
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
duncan is stinking up the joint on the offensive end tonight but i feel he'll hit some big shots soon.

tp will be finals mvp

duncan228
06-14-2007, 10:14 PM
If they don't pull this out tonight Duncan will take the blame in his post game interview. Like the Champion he is.
He will give credit to Parker and accept the blame for his off night.

tim_duncan_fan
06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I can't believe this.

It's the finals man! How can you possibly not be here mentally in the finals?

I could see if he was just some scrub player but he's not. He's just standing around trying to lose the game because he isn't going to win MVP.

Fuck Tim. He's not even trying out there!

Warlord23
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Unless Duncan turns it around in this last 6 minutes, he deserves all the criticism. I'm a hardcore Duncan fan, but he doesn't deserve to be among the legends of the game if he doesn't show up mentally for a Finals game

duncan228
06-14-2007, 10:32 PM
He woke up.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
He woke up.
he did jackshit for 2 games, stuff this if TP wins finals, out of every mofo on the roster this guy wins it.

duncan228
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Parker deserved the MVP. He played fantastically all 4 games.
Duncan said it. That's good enough for me.

Borosai
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Duncan played like ass, but man, those rebounds down the stretch were HUGE.

I honestly don't care anymore... I was calling him all sorts of shit during the game, but it's all good now. It's always good when they win.

4!!!

dtrain
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree TD didn't have major points, but 15 rebounds is significant. The big 3 have a sort of symbiosis where they play off each other, and the fact that one of them isn't playing great allows the others to do so. When TD has a bad night, it is because the defense is playing him tight, which opens things up for Tony and Manu. I don't know that I would go so far as to say that Tony owes his MVP to TD because he worked very hard and earned it, but without TD, he wouldn't have won. Just like in previous years, TD wouldn't have got his MVP w/out Tony.

All that really matters is the spurs won it ....again!!! WOOT!!!!

v2freak
06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
TP actually cares about accolades. Go ahead and let him have it.

Apparently the majority of the writers focus on the scoring. TD simply did too much of the intangibles, and that won't cut it. Bowen came up short as well.

Nathan Explosion
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Duncan wanted it in the 4th. When he was fighting for the rebound and saved it out of bounds, that told you all you needed to know. The running hook over Varejao was another reminder.

And of course, he would drive to the rim, suck the defense in, and find Oberto for the layup, twice. He made huge plays down the stretch that won't necessarily show up in the box score, but show what he's all about.

Stats be damned, Duncan was a beast in the 4th when he needed to be and showed that he's the best player on this team, and the NBA.

dbreiden83080
06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Guys TD was not the MVP of the finals but he was the MVP of the playoffs by far. He played maybe the best game of his life in game 6 against the best team they played in the Suns. I said this in the Game blog thread, it sums up like this.

Tony= MVP of the finals
Manu= MVP of the game
Tim= MVP of the playoffs and the best player period

4th Title BABY GO SPURS GO!!!

Fernando TD21
06-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I can't believe this.

I agree with you. It's not like Tim is missing shots on purpose. Some people here believes that only because it's a finals game, Tim can just turn on his shooting.
We won, Tim sucked at the offensive end but take away his defense + 15 rebounds and we wouldn't be witnessing a sweep in the finals.

duncan228
06-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Duncan is a God among men.

The best player in this game. For a decade.

I've said it before...I only watch to see him play. Good games, bad games, monster games. I just like watching him do what he does better than anyone else in the league.

He's brilliant on the court. On both ends. He's the reason this team is where they're at, the best winning percentage of the four major sports in this country.

His personality, what he shows us of it, fits the kind of player he is. Subtle. Sleek. A silent assassin. When one part of his game is off he's got so many more weapons to destroy his opponent. His defense is unreal. His footwork supurb. His court vision unmatched. His basketball IQ off the charts. He makes his teammates better.

He's a winner. A joy to watch. I'm glad I've taped him all these years. When he retires and I can't find another player worth watching I can watch him forever.

The MVP tonight would have separated him from Shaq but Parker getting it was well deserved. Parker was the best player in this series. But Duncan is the best player in the league. Number four cements him furthur in the history books. And I believe he's far from done. We will be blessed to watch him win again.

Congrats fellow Spurs fans. And fellow Duncan fans. The people that put him down, call him boring, are the ones missing out on something spectacular. We Duncan fans know what we're witnessing. And it's not LeBron.

Duncan is basketball at its highest level.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Duncan's efforts in the other areas made it hard for me to really care about him sucking on offense. Some of the comments in this thread about Duncan having an off night :wow

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.