PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Parker Critic - Tony is the Finals MVP

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Tony, thanks for proving me wrong and making me a believer. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2007, 11:06 PM
i still havnt change my stance on him

duncan gets jackshit for carrying this team through the playoffs, and dissappears in one series, and some scrub shows up and wins it

timvp
06-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Props.

ca®lo
06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
even though i still think tim should be the mvp, ill gladly eat crow and give props to tony! he showed up this series and never let up.

were talking about the FINALS mvp here.. and that clearly is tony.

if its for the entire playoffs.. we all know who its supposed to be.

congrats to tony,tim, and the spurs!

smeagol

duncan gets jackshit for carrying this team through the playoffs, and dissappears in one series, and some scrub shows up and wins it
You really put a lot of effort in your stupidity, don't you?

Spurs Brazil
Yes Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stéphane
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM

you're an ass and we dont expect you to change...
keep hating nobody cares about your opinion anyway

MaNuMaNiAc
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Tony rocks! He deserves his MVP and more! Consider me a new member of the Parker Church!

Kori Ellis
06-14-2007, 11:12 PM

You know, you really need to shut the fuck up. One more anti-Tony idiotic comment from you and you are banned for life. You bring absolutely nothing to the forum but spewing crap constantly.

Spurologist
06-14-2007, 11:12 PM

You seriously need to fuck off.

TP was the best player in the NBA FINALS.

The Spurs just won the NBA fucking finals and you can't even praise the series' best player.

TPMVP

2007 CHAMPIONS

T Park
06-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Wheres Ice Cold Brewski at?

L.I.T
06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Fuck the hate. Spurs just won the championship and Parker was the best player in this series.

MVP - Tony Parker. And I hope he was many more in the silver and black.

leemajors
06-14-2007, 11:14 PM

douchebag.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
even though i still think tim should be the mvp, ill gladly eat crow and give props to tony! he showed up this series and never let up.

were talking about the FINALS mvp here.. and that clearly is tony.

if its for the entire playoffs.. we all know who its supposed to be.

congrats to tony,tim, and the spurs!

I said coming into tonight it was neck and neck between Tony and Tim.

Tim was a no show on offense tonight, while Tony carried the load. Easy decision.

ginobili fan
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Tony, thanks for proving me wrong and making me a believer. :tu

You know what? I'm so happy :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :toast
Congrat

samikeyp
06-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Its all good AHF.....TP has had his moments of disappearing. To his credit, he has worked his ass off these last two years and made himself a superstar.

I said for a long time that Parker needed to be a "dollar" player....good for four quarters.

IMO...he has done that.

Well deserved MVP.

easjer
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I wanted Timmy to pick up #4.

But you know what? Tony was amazing. It is well earned.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Butler > Malone 1 Ring > 0 Ring

DudleyDawson
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Parker pisses me off like no other. Seriously, I cant stand the guy sometimes, but he earned this MVP. He played fantastic this entire series. GO Tony! Go Spurs!

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I wanted TD to get it but Tony was the best player. Congrats to him and to the Spurs.

As a Manu lover I would like to give props to Manu for an outstanding game again and closing out when it counted. Also I would like for Manu to star next year regardless of how crappy the spurs play. He also deserves and MVP trophy. That it all.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I'd praise tony but I'm too busy eating heaps and heaps of crow :lol

props to you tony!!! :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:24 PM
There will be times I want to strangle him I'm sure, but the kid stepped up huge in the Finals.

And if he starts stroking the three consistently, the league is fucked.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I hope Tony winning the finals MVP, will bring peace and harmony between the Manu-Tony camps into the 08' season. :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
church of manu and parker unite.

lets keep it that way from now on

I approve of that. Now that he got his MVP trophy he can stop cockblocking Manu for his.

/duck
/hide

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Manu can have a chance to get a Finals MVP trophy in '08, then all the "Trade-Manu" people will go away as well..

ginobili fan
06-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I wanted TD to get it but Tony was the best player. Congrats to him and to the Spurs.

As a Manu lover I would like to give props to Manu for an outstanding game again and closing out when it counted. Also I would like for Manu to star next year regardless of how crappy the spurs play. He also deserves and MVP trophy. That it all.

Yeah Tony just deserved it I'm so proud of him. :toast
But you're right Manu also deserves the MVP,like Tim,like Bruce.
The team is the MVP.
I say next time is for Manu. :)

ginobili fan
06-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I hope Tony winning the finals MVP, will bring peace and harmony between the Manu-Tony camps into the 08' season. :toast

I hope so.
That would be the greatest achievement in the spurs history. :lol

Mark in Austin
06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
props to Tony for continuing to work and improve. well deserved.

Ghost Writer
06-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Congrats to Parker.

Let it be known that Larry Hughes was out and no one was guarding him.

But great job capitalizing.

He deserved the MVP, no doubt!

TPMVP
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the props Aggie. I worked hard to prove you wrong.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/06/ipt/1181881103.jpg

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Let me take my place in line to the confessional.

In years past, I've dogged TP for being one dimensional, simply relying on his speed.

I bitched about his pathetic shooting. Lack of passing skills. Poor FT shooting. Limited defensive abilities. Butter fingers and poor choices leading to ghastly turnovers.

Yet year by year, his overall game has drastically improved.

The shooting coach, Englander? deserves some major recognition for his work w/ TP aswell as Timmy.

While I still prefer a passing PG who consistently knocks down jumpers, over a speedy slasher, I have to admit that TP is the best in the L at what he does.

There is simply no stopping him from attacking the hole...and his ability to finish has been more than impressive. Combine that with an improved J and FT shooting, and he's now a legit Star, and a top 3 PG. He's simply waiting for Timmy to retire so he can call the Spurs his team.

Before the Finals began, I predicted that TP would be the MVP, and he didn't let me down. Well deserved. Well earned.

Now if they'd only stop showing Eva every 5 minutes......

T Park
06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I still want to know where IceColdBrewski

T Park
06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I still want to know where IceColdBrewski is

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I knew Parker would elevate his game and I was skeptical about him stepping up in big games after 2005. Then 2006 I could see him coming around, but man, that Finals performance, he was a fucking stud.
Now our triple-threat, basically we have three-pronged attack, that really became more effective, with Tony's maturation.

ducks
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
tp you still need to improve this offseason
regular season mvp is next

mando6599
06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Tony, congrats 'cuz you definitely deserve it! He played awesome and I really think it is a testament to how hard he has worked at his game even just since last year. Look out, because he's only going to get better(jump shot, FT, finishing ability). And thanks for not mailing it in, too.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-15-2007, 12:10 AM
tp you still need to improve this offseason
regular season mvp is next
I'd prefer all our guys to play for the Finals and getting in position to get their teammates a chance to win Finals MVP's, not regular season awards. :lol

Steve Nash can win all the regular season MVP's for all I care.

ducks
06-15-2007, 12:16 AM
I prefer that to
but I want tp to keep improving

polandprzem
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Other then points and FG% Tony was worst in statistical categories (tied in assists and steals)

Tim should be MVP. He is the franchise for one. For two he is the core of ofense and defense. Just try to imagine Boozer in San Antonio (insead of TD) and let's see if Tony will lead them to a championship. Try to put Deron Williams instead of Tony in SA uniform ans see if Tim will lead the spurs to a championship.

But hmm yup, all in all it's the 'ifs'

IMHO TD THE MVP!

I frickin' jinxed him after game 3 :depressed

Extra Stout
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I still want to know where IceColdBrewski is
Hanging from a shower rod.

Marcus Bryant
06-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Hanging from a shower rod.

...wishing Beno's rod was in him.

SequSpur
06-15-2007, 12:23 AM
I told you Tony Parker was the best player in the NBA.

DDS4
06-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I told you Tony Parker was the best player in the NBA.

It was a matter of time before you chimed in.

Fernando TD21
06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
The shooting coach, Englander? deserves some major recognition for his work w/ TP aswell as Timmy.

While I still prefer a passing PG who consistently knocks down jumpers, over a speedy slasher, I have to admit that TP is the best in the L at what he does.

There is simply no stopping him from attacking the hole...and his ability to finish has been more than impressive.
I agree, Parker deserved this MVP. Even as a Duncan fan, I have to agree that Parker was our best player in the finals.
I used to dislike Parker until 2 seasons ago, but he became a great player and just keeps getting better. :clap
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/3d/fullj.getty-74165826mw089_game_4_san_an_12_15_27_am.jpg
Well done Parker! :toast