PDA

View Full Version : POP's Postgame comments

SpursWillOwn
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM
reporter: Is there extra motivation for a repeat next year?
Pop: I don't give a shit.
reporter: Bleep
Pop: I'm sorry.
reporter: thank you coach
:lmao!!

ShoogarBear
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM
That was classic.

samikeyp
06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Someone's gotta Youtube that! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Italian reporter got owned. :lmao

Tha Carter
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM
lol are u serious bout that?

SpursWillOwn
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
yea! right off nba.com live telecast

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
lol are u serious bout that?

Yep.

themvp
06-14-2007, 11:52 PM
:lmao

Classic.

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2007, 11:53 PM
So much for the chianti.

caŽlo
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
hahah yeah i was laughing my ass of when i heard that live.

just a second after the repeat question..

"I DONT GIVE A SHIT"

and then.. "SORRY"

haha :toast

Don Quixote
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Dang straight.

Like Pop, none of us ought to give a crap about next year for awhile. Enjoy the championship!

T Park
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Pop is the fuckin man :lol

makedamnsure
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
hahahaaha I think I almost pissed my pants when he did that

Strike
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Nice

jag
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
OMG does anyone have a soundbite?

Cherry
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Someone's gotta Youtube that! :lmao

please!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070615/capt.013e1b9fe4aa4fc3b6ed09ced8d13733.aptopix_nba_ finals_spurs_cavaliers_basketball_cda229.jpg

"...I ´m so happyyyy...la la la..."

jag
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
yea! right off nba.com live telecast

Do you have a link for that?

Fabbs
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Whatever. :rolleyes

Who's the guy in the media crowd with the silver hat, long silver hair that looks kind of like Phil Spectors sister? :elephant Is he a media guy or some camera grip?

ShoogarBear
06-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Who's the guy in the media crowd with the silver hat, long silver hair that looks kind of like Phil Spectors sister? :elephant Is he a media guy or some camera grip?He's some weird rich dude. I remember him from 2005. I think Kori knows who he is exactly.

FromWayDowntown
06-15-2007, 12:38 AM
He's some weird rich dude. I remember him from 2005. I think Kori knows who he is exactly.

That's Jimmy Goldstein -- he's some sort of real estate mogul in Malibu I think. I met him at the AT&T Center after Game 2 of the Finals.

It was surreal.

leemajors
06-15-2007, 12:38 AM
isn't he at every laker game?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Who's the guy in the media crowd with the silver hat, long silver hair that looks kind of like Phil Spectors sister? :elephant Is he a media guy or some camera grip?

That guy's a legend - Jim Goldstein. He always gets tickets to all the big games, and they're always courtside. He just loves the sport of basketball.

He lives out in LA I think but he's a big fan of the Spurs and how they play basketball. Made a crap load of money off California real estate, and blows it on going to the best NBA games every year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2007, 12:39 AM
isn't he at every laker game?

He's got Lakers and Clippers season tickets.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
LMAO, he's got his own web site:

http://www.jamesfgoldstein.com/index.html

ShoogarBear
06-15-2007, 12:47 AM
An article from 2003:

NBA's No. 1 fan: Flashy Jim Goldstein draws stares from fans, hugs from players.

by Scott Soshnick BLOOMBERG

Jim Goldstein 's avant-garde wardrobe draws stares and snickers from fans in most NBA arenas. His devotion to the sport commands handshakes and hugs from NBA players and privileges from commissioner David Stern. Sporting snakeskin boots, a green, red and white leather jacket and large-brimmed blue hat and scarf, Goldstein strolled around the court before Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the New Jersey Nets and San Antonio Spurs at the SBC Center. One by one, the players halted their warmup routines to greet Goldstein , whose postseason ubiquity has earned him the unofficial title of world's No. 1 basketball fan.

"I would always ask who he was because of how he would be dressed," Houston Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "It seemed he was always there."

San Antonio tonight, New Jersey tomorrow. Goldstein has attended 34 postseason games in nine cities this year and he'll be at every one the rest of the way, including the final game when the Spurs' Tim Duncan or the Nets' Jason Kidd lifts the championship trophy.

Goldstein, who lives near Los Angeles, has a pair of front-row season tickets for the Clippers and one seat for all of the Lakers' games at the Staples Center, where he's more of a staple than Jack Nicholson. ESPN even included him in its documentary on the Clippers.

"He's a real character. He adds some spice to games," said former Lakers All-Star and executive Jerry West, now president of basketball operations for the Memphis Grizzlies. "He knows people everywhere."

Goldstein estimates he spends more than $150,000 a year on basketball, including tickets, hotels and airfare. He pays about $74,000 for his Lakers' seat, though he gets freebies in some arenas from NBA owners who've become his friends.

His accommodations on the road are as plush as his courtside seats. During New Jersey's home games in the NBA Finals, he unpacks his couture wardrobe at New York's Mercer Hotel, where rates range from $395 to $620 a night.

Goldstein is vague when asked how much money he has or where it came from. His business card notes that he specializes in fashion, architecture and basketball, though not necessarily in that order.
"Basketball is No. 1," Goldstein said in an interview before the opener of the best-of- championship series, which was tied 2-2 heading into Friday night's game in New Jersey. "I probably spend more than 50 percent of my hours awake on basketball."

Goldstein , who declines to give his age but appears to be in his 50s, even has a personal Web site that's devoted to his passions. The site, jamesfgoldstein.com, includes photos from a story about him in French Vogue magazine and pictures of his house, which has been featured in numerous publications.

"I've known Jimmy a long time and he's just a nice man," former NBA All-Star Charles Barkley said. "If there's a fan who's been there all the time, you develop a bond with him."

Goldstein also has a connection with San Antonio's Bruce Bowen, who stopped to chat with him after scoring a career-high 27 points in a Western Conference final game against the Dallas Mavericks.

"We talk every time he's around," Bowen said. "We met a few years ago. He's a big, big fan."

Goldstein's love affair with basketball began as a child growing up in Milwaukee during the early 1950s. One of his father's friends was the radio announcer for the NBA's Milwaukee Hawks and invited Goldstein to keep statistics.

"Once I did that, I was totally hooked," Goldstein said.
Though the Hawks moved to St. Louis in 1955, their departure didn't dampen Goldstein's zeal for the game.

"I got powerful radios and tuned in distant stations, even though there was a lot of static," Goldstein said.

Goldstein , who moved to Los Angeles in 1962, said he considered buying Wilt Chamberlain's house as an investment after the NBA Hall of Famer died in 1999 but scrapped the plan because it needed too much work. He also has flirted with the idea of becoming an NBA owner, but decided he didn't need the aggravation.

"I'm having so much fun without the responsibility," said Goldstein , who is pulling for the Spurs in the finals because of his allegiance to the Western Conference. "I'm not sure it's wise to take a position where I might have to worry."

Goldstein walks around NBA arenas with an all-access pass around his neck. It's a gift from Stern, who can't recall exactly when or where he met the league's biggest fan.
"Nobody remembers - you just know Jimmy," Stern said. "That's the way it is."

Jim Goldstein of Los Angeles, regarded as the NBA's unofficial No. 1 fan, is pulling for the Spurs.

Switchman
06-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I watched the interview on NBA.com and did not see this.

makedamnsure
06-15-2007, 01:35 AM
hahaha okkkk I was wondering who that guy was for so long

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2007, 01:39 AM
yeh they did something on him in 05, they showed his house, his wardrobe etc

is this guy loaded or what? the amount he spends a year traveling to games etc....