PDA

View Full Version : Devin Brown: The Missing Piece?

Ghost Writer
12-03-2004, 09:04 PM
You all know I can't stand Bowen and think a player like Eric Williams could fill his role more adeptly, but the Spurs were kind of lacking better alternatives at the SF spot as of late.

But maybe not anymore, as people like timvp have been clamoring for Brown to step it up.

I noticed one flaw in Brown's game was the lack of a consistent outside shot, particularly the 3-ball, which is an essential in the Spurs post-orientated offense (inside-out).

I read here that Brown practiced his 3s all summer and it looks like that's paid off.

I wonder if Brown could be what Jackson was without the nasty balla aftertaste.

An athletic swingman with an outside shot, minus the tendency, to you know, beat the hell out of fans in the stands.

Is Brown starting quality now?

Question.

ggoose25
12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I dont think he's reached the promised land yet. He's good at what he does... that is, he provides energy and a fresh look from the bench. But could you trust him to bring his A-game every night? I'm not so sure yet... the effort is definitely there as evident by his development, but I'd give him one more summer to work and mature.

I'm pulling for him all the way though!

GoSpurs21
12-03-2004, 11:06 PM
until Brown can prove that he's better Bowen will have to do

its funny that GW only shows up during troubled times

your picks for replacements in the past have been proven wrong by the experts (Pop and front office)

the refs gave the Pistons way too much respect tonight and the Spurs still overcame that by moxy play from Tony, Manu and Brent (2 clutch free throws)

until GW actually says something that makes sense he's just a valid as all the other "chicken littles" that post on this board

T Park
12-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Bowen had 8 points and totally dismantled and shut down Rip Hamilton.

Unreal.......

mattyc
12-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Like Rose, I think Devin is still best used off the bench.

That said, he is starting to prove that given lengthy minutes, he is effective on both ends of the court. Once Bowen hangs up the sneaks or falls out of favour, I think we have a potential starter in Dev.

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 10:44 AM
GoSpurs21, GoFvckU.

I defy you to find a negative post by me here in the past week.

And you say I post during "troubled times"?

The Spurs are on a great pace and just beat the world champs.

This post was praising Devin Brown... nothing more, nothing less.

Try to make a name for yourself on your own before ever stepping to me.

D1ck.

T Park
12-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Devin Brown no question is critical.

Last night though I think he missed a few open and needed shots.

THose shots on the other hand bounced in and out so a little luck the Spurs have no problem down the stretch.

Devin I think is rounding out quite well, what impressed me last night was his defense on I think Rip Hamilton in the 4th??

I honestly cant remember outside of Wallace, B Wallace, Billups, Hunter, Prince, and Delfino, played that 4th quarter.

I cant remember if it was Hunter, or Hamilton, but either way, Brown played good defense on Prince when in there.

timvp
12-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Ghost, you need to jump on the Devin bandwagon. Others have and it's just getting started.

He's as close to a balla as the Spurs got.

P.S.

When are you coming back to San Antonio? We'll take you to Devin's dad's barber shop and show you were he grew up.

P.P.S.

Come strapped.

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 06:33 PM
You have always been behind Devin Brown.

I was a skeptic, because he couldn't hit from outside.

Now he looks like he can hit the 3.

P.S.

It's been a few years since I've had an edge-up at city barber shop. Can we play chess while we wait?

timvp
12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
It's been a few years since I've had an edge-up at city barber shop. Can we play chess while we wait?

Actually, yes you can. :rollin

Oh and Devin is wearing the multi-tone headband you like.

Hope on board.

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Brown is the future
Bowen is his learned teacher
Brown will be a great replacement for Bruce in 2 yrs.

T Park
12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Gotta say,

I always liked the two toned headband, and glad to see Devin brought it back S Jax style.

Too bad Devin is too low key, and doesnt bring the facial expressions like Jax did.