PDA

View Full Version : parker mvp vote 9 for parker 1 for duncan

fred33
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
dupree has voted for duncan :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2007, 01:31 AM
eva had something to do wiht them votes......

oh well its over, time to concentrate on offseason and next season :D:D repeat

MI21
06-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Wow, 9-1.

Way to go Tony, what a fucking star.

baseline bum
06-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I cannot believe how ridiculous Tony's game is with a three point shot. Tony stepped his game up in such a major way this series. To outplay Iverson, Nash, and Williams, and then be the unquestioned best player on the floor in the Finals... man, what a run. I'm so proud of the guy.

MI21
06-15-2007, 01:37 AM
I knew he was special when I saw him abuse prime Gary Payton in 2001.

baseline bum
06-15-2007, 01:45 AM

God, game 3 of that series was crazy. I was watching it with Dusty and SlayerMin, and we were floored by the way Tony was killing Payton. Actually, I think I was floored the first time I saw Tony in the summer league. I still remember my reaction when we drafted TP in 2001... I knew the Spurs desperately wanted him, and I was happy they got their first choice, but when I saw him I couldn't understand it. Tony looked like he was 15, and who would have believed a point guard from a team called Paris Basket Racing would lead us back to the promised land? I still remember the first game I ever saw him in... it was preseason against Boston, and Tony was carving their defense up the same way he was doing Cleveland, and all Tom Heinsohn (the Celtics color man) could do was complain about how the Celtics had three first round picks, needed a PG in the worst way, and passed on this surefire allstar.

Thank God the Spurs passed on trading Tony for Payton in 2001, and thank God Kidd passed on us in 2k3.

MI21
06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
One of my favourite Tony rookie moments was against the Lakers @ the Dome and Tony took Kobe Bryant off the dribble and Kobe tried to trip him, but was still to slow.

Remember that ball fake, reverse pivot on Payton in Game 3?

:smokin

spursaretheone
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM

THank you!!! I told my boy that in 01 and he kept arguing that Tony would never be a good point guard. He said he wouldnt be as good as Gary Payton. Now everytime I see him I ask him how payton is doin?

The Red Hood
06-15-2007, 01:55 AM
to bad they don't give out crunch time MVP trophies that would have surely went to Fab and Manu

Kori Ellis
06-15-2007, 01:55 AM
to bad they don't give out crunch time MVP trophies that would have surely went to Fab and Manu
Oh God, get over it and just be happy for Tony.

baseline bum
06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
One of my favourite Tony rookie moments was against the Lakers @ the Dome and Tony took Kobe Bryant off the dribble and Kobe tried to trip him, but was still to slow.

Remember that ball fake, reverse pivot on Payton in Game 3?

:smokin

I thought he pulled that one on Desmond Mason. You should have seen SportsCenter that night. Practically the whole NBA segment was about Tony.

By far my favorite TP moment is when he started yelling at Tim to come set a screen in game 1 of the 2004 Lakers series. He and Tim ran the best looking pick and roll I've ever seen, and made Shaq and Payton look like fools. Parker has the ball, Duncan comes over for the screen, reverse to Duncan, reverse back to Parker, Shaq and GP follow Parker into the lane, reverse to Duncan, glass. That layup he hit falling down tonight has to be my #2 though.

Admidave50
06-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Tony looked like he was 15, and who would have believed a point guard from a team called Paris Basket Racing would lead us back to the promised land?

That's right, Tony rocks! :king

Vive PARIS! :elephant

MI21
06-15-2007, 02:00 AM
I thought he pulled that one on Desmond Mason. You should have seen SportsCenter that night. Practically the whole NBA segment was about Tony.

By far my favorite TP moment is when he started yelling at Tim to come set a screen in game 1 of the 2004 Lakers series. He and Tim ran the best looking pick and roll I've ever seen, and made Shaq and Payton look like fools. Parker has the ball, Duncan comes over for the screen, reverse to Duncan, reverse back to Parker, Shaq and GP follow Parker into the lane, reverse to Duncan, glass. That layup he hit falling down tonight has to be my #2 though.

Fuck, maybe it was Mason. I thought it was his direct matchup Payton, who cares though :lol it was a crazy move.

Oh yeah, that PnR was something. I liked the KILLER crossover on George to the baseline and floater over Shaq to seal the game, I think it was Game 2.

Thinking back, TP has had some big games in the playoffs, his rep isn't justified. Game 3 @ NJ always stands out to me. Against Jason Kidd, he start going nuts on the 3ball to lead the Spurs to a huge victory.

baseline bum
06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Fuck, maybe it was Mason. I thought it was his direct matchup Payton, who cares though :lol it was a crazy move.

Oh yeah, that PnR was something. I liked the KILLER crossover on George to the baseline and floater over Shaq to seal the game, I think it was Game 2.

Thinking back, TP has had some big games in the playoffs, his rep isn't justified. Game 3 @ NJ always stands out to me. Against Jason Kidd, he start going nuts on the 3ball to lead the Spurs to a huge victory.

How about his 19 3rd quarter points in game 4 vs Dallas in 03? (might have been game 3)

... or when he started hitting circus shots to drag the Spurs back into game 2 of the 03 Finals..

baseline bum
06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Another one of my favorite Parker moments was when he dropped 19 in the first quarter on Bibby and the Kings in 2003.

MI21
06-15-2007, 02:04 AM
How about his 19 3rd quarter points in game 4 vs Dallas in 03? (might have been game 3)

... or when he started hitting circus shots to drag the Spurs back into game 2 of the 03 Finals..

Parker DESTROYED Nash through 5 games in that series untill he got sick. Ruined his stats :lol

Game 2 was huge, Kidd doesn't make that huge defensive play getting a hand int he face of Stephen Jackson's 3pt attempt, Parker gets credit for that win.

Fuck, dude is underated. He'll get his dues now.

gameFACE
06-15-2007, 02:06 AM
CONGRATS TONY!!!

Tony winning Finals MVP is a big deal. But Tim not winning it isn't. He's still the core.

Even the Lakers dynasty of the 80's had three different players in Magic, Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy getting the award.

timvp
06-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I remember Parker dominating the 2000 Nike Hoops Summit. Especially one play where he got an and-1 against Omar Cook, who was supposedly the best point guard defender in high school history.

I was praying the Spurs got him in the draft. But I had no idea he was going to become a Finals MVP.

He deserves it though. He was great in this series. He was great against the Suns. He's taken unwarranted heat over the years about his playoff performances. He stepped up his game in the playoffs this season and just finished the best two month stretch of his basketball life.

If he can continue playing like this, the window for the Spurs to win championships just got extended by a few years.

Congrats, TP2.

carina_gino20
06-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Congratulations Tony! :toast

Wow, what a summer! Everybody knows Timmy is still the man, but in this Finals series, Tony earned every one of those votes.

Best Wishes, Finals MVP. :spin

fred33
06-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Apparently Is Not Dupree Who Has Voted Duncan But Marc Stein

Spurs Brazil
06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
TP played a monster playoffs

He's a Top PG now