PDA

View Full Version : ESPN radio right now - All night with Jason Smitih is just horrible

Phil Hellmuth
06-15-2007, 02:10 AM
doing cheapshots at the spurs.

send this guy an email and tell him to shut up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/news/story?page=Send%20email%20to%20AllNight%20with%20J ason%20Smith

T Park
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
eh, hes been takin cheap shots at em ever since the Suns series.

Email and tell him, "Scoreboard, put them 4s up"

Man In Black
06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
The thing that I hate about the media is that they only try to appeal to the casual fan. In a world where every parent wants their kid to play the right way, we are inundated with media types like yourself, that tells us there needs to be more sexy. Why is that? And I don't want to hear about ratings because truth be told there is so much more going on to take attention and in a world full of multi-taskers, AC Nielsen boxes probably do not really capture a true sample of what people are watching. Let's say it does a fair representation of America, what about the rest of the world?
People love the class of the New England Patriots, Tom Brady says the Spurs have that same class but begrudgingly ESPN gives the Spurs notice. What does that say about the ideals of your network? It's very sad that ESPN would rather talk about Kobe leaving or staying instead of WINNING TEAM VALUES and Sportsmanship.

If your network continues to convey this "boring" title on this Spurs team that truly brings their professionalism and style of play to the playoffs poised to contend EVERY YEAR, then every year, the casual fan will follow your "boring" mindset like lemmings. Maybe that's what you guys want. But as I look on the screen, Phoenix got beat, Kobe couldn't average 80 points in the playoffs, and the Eastern Conference just doesn't have the organizational savvy to build a strong team.

So why you guys talk about sizzle, which is all you ever do, it's really about substance and all those other teams didn't have the substance needed to withstand the Spurs.