PDA

View Full Version : Jvg

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:29 AM
I don't know about you but I loved the fact that he made Breen and Jackson look like total idiots during these NBA finals.

"Is the arm, and the elbow part of the ball?"

"How is it a charge on Ginobili, but not on LeBron?"

"How do you know what these guys are thinking?"

He didn't say much but he sure made fools of the other 2 tools.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-15-2007, 02:32 AM
:lol Van Gundy OWNED Breen and Jackson!!!

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:35 AM
I swear I could picture JVG thinking;
.. My god Mark Jackson, you sure are a dumbass. How did you make it in this league?...
.. If this guy could read minds, why didn't he get an assist every time down the court when he was playing...

Mark Jackson, I wouldn't want even him calling a curling competition.

Leetonidas
06-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Jeff Van Gundy is awesome. I hope he becomes a commentator full-time in the future. He's great.

The Genius
06-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Remember when he said he got an invitation to Parker's wedding, he asked the other two if they had and they just grumbled? Yay JVG.

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Some other notes:

Mike Wilbon: Idiot
Grant Hill: Wishes he could sit somewhere else
Jon Barry: Wishing MW would go back to PTI
SAS: ....JFKLD:JKDL:.....(if this guy didn't yell, would anyone even listen?)

I personally enjoyed TNT coverage, at least they were funny.

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:43 AM
That was classic. I wish I could have seen their faces.

carina_gino20
06-15-2007, 02:43 AM
JVG is too intelligent to stick to commentating. He still has a lot of good years as head coach in this league. When he retires, it would be awesome to hear him call a game again.

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Who is the dude doing the slow monotonous spot commercials for the NBA.
Some one needs to make him disappear, or I will use my "magnets" and throw him at something metal and sharp.

antdelarosa
06-15-2007, 02:46 AM
That's so true.
He really should be coaching in the nba, it's not totally his fault that the Rockets aren't all that great. T-Mac has still never been past the 1st round, where ever he's been. What does that say about him?

Roxsfan
06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
That's so true.
He really should be coaching in the nba, it's not totally his fault that the Rockets aren't all that great. T-Mac has still never been past the 1st round, where ever he's been. What does that say about him?

Tmac has always put up monster stats in the playoffs, not advancing is not the fault of tmac. Others must be willing to put the team on their back as well....collective effort like the ummm, what team is that.........the spurs.

No, it is not totally jvg's fault...but he holds alot of the blame.
JVG is good but ultimately his stuborness did him in. He loves old-washed up vets too much and despises young rookies. He can't develop young talent. He always said he will play those that give him the best chance of winning and in his mind those are not rookies. He shattered Novak's confidence (3pt sharpshooter)and he does not emphasize Yao's other skills--face up J, skyhook, passing,etc...just throw it down to Yao and he will back it up...too predictable.

He also put too much stock in Tmac carrying the O-load. He would not call-out Tmac..and help him progress...anything tmac did was A-ok :rolleyes

Adelman does not want to make the roxs into phoenix, he just wants to bring more offensive balance to the good current defense. He wants to move the ball up the court a bit quicker and find the best available shot early in the shot clock. He wants to bring in help for tmac and yao..others that can create for themselves, add scoring punch and still defend reasonably well like Mike James, Bonzi and Artest etc

JVG would be a great coach if he would become more flexible, develop young talent, get offensive minded assistants and learn to relax just a bit and enjoy his coaching job.

gino>yourlife
06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
it was quite obvious jackson and breen saw what they WANTED to and jeff was the only one offering objective opinions, so fuck both of those tools