PDA

View Full Version : congrats to the Spurs from a die-hard Cavs fan

CavsEastChamps07
06-15-2007, 02:38 AM
I just want to congratulate the Spurs on winning their 4th championship. Too bad the cavs didn't put up much of a fight. Maybe next year, if we can get by the Pistons again, we can do it again(hopefully with a better outcome) Enjoy this one, you earned it!

T-Pain
06-15-2007, 03:11 AM
I just want to congratulate the Spurs on winning their 4th championship. Too bad the cavs didn't put up much of a fight. Maybe next year, if we can get by the Pistons again, we can do it again(hopefully with a better outcome) Enjoy this one, you earned it!
thanks your team did put up a good fight. The Cavs definitely have a bright future ahead of them. Oh yeah, enjoy one of Texas' finest ballers - Daniel Gibson.

Louie Vega
06-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Classiest team (Cavs) we played in the playoffs this year!

CavsEastChamps07
06-15-2007, 03:21 AM
too bad we will be the butt of national jokes for being swept by a clearly better team lol. but something good came out of this.....we need somebody who can consistently hit an outside jumper. the spurs sealed off the inside and we had no answers....3/19 from behind the arc in game 3 and not much better in game 4 will not get it done.

Vito Corleone
06-15-2007, 03:31 AM
I came away from this series with so much respect for your team, especially Lebron and AV who played with so much passion. Besides you have Boobie and I'm a Orangeblood so I can't help but root for you guys in the future.

CavsEastChamps07
06-15-2007, 03:34 AM
i really like boobie. he showed flashes of what he can be in the detroit series. being a rookie, he was a bit inconsistent against the spurs. i really think boobie can be the shooter LeBron desperately needs to take this team to the next level. now we need a defensive minded big man. and i think we'll be ready for the rematch with the spurs.

Aud21946
06-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Being a Texas fan too I have to root for Boobie quieutly .. BUT..... Cavs fans have been the most Cordial in the whole playoffs.. I mean I watch Ksat 12 and we acted good downtown from what I saw but I know better because I was down there for 2005!

Meat Thermometer
06-15-2007, 03:51 AM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8513/dogbuttkq8.jpg

Tommy G.
06-15-2007, 03:52 AM
i really like boobie. he showed flashes of what he can be in the detroit series. being a rookie, he was a bit inconsistent against the spurs. i really think boobie can be the shooter LeBron desperately needs to take this team to the next level. now we need a defensive minded big man. and i think we'll be ready for the rematch with the spurs.

Don't give up on Boobie, Cavs. He reminds me of Tony when he first joined the Spurs. Instead, encorage him to work hard to get better and build his confidence. The Cavs have got a great team, but need a shooting coach. Le Bron wants and needs one and so do the rest. :hungry:

Meat Thermometer
06-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Nuggets = :fishing
Suns = :fishing
Jazz = :fishing
Cavs = :fishing

:clap :clap

Avitus1
06-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Congrats to the Cavs for making it this far. Soon you'll break Cleveland's championship drought. You guys got a long way to go and you'll do fine in the future. I wont lie though I wish ya'll woulda put up more of a fight. Thanks for great Finals.

dav4463
06-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Cavs fans were so much classier in the arena when Spurs were presented the trophy than the Mavs fans last year when the Heat won. It was refreshing to see.

CavsEastChamps07
06-15-2007, 04:03 AM
unfortunately some of our fans felt the need to boo the spurs during the trophy presentation. imho there was no need for that blatant showing of disrespect. the spurs are a great team and well deserving of this championship. hopefully we get a rematch in the near future and maybe the cavs will give you a better series. the cavs can learn a lot from the spurs. they play the right way(diving after loose balls with a 20 point lead for example)

Slomo
06-15-2007, 07:13 AM
too bad we will be the butt of national jokes for being swept by a clearly better team lol. but something good came out of this.....we need somebody who can consistently hit an outside jumper. the spurs sealed off the inside and we had no answers....3/19 from behind the arc in game 3 and not much better in game 4 will not get it done. There is no shame in losing the NBA Finals. Even when it's 4-0. You had to do something right to get there in the first place. :tu

Seriously it's not like you've lost to an 8th seed during round one...

:p:

Mark Price
06-15-2007, 07:55 AM
unfortunately some of our fans felt the need to boo the spurs during the trophy presentation. imho there was no need for that blatant showing of disrespect. the spurs are a great team and well deserving of this championship. hopefully we get a rematch in the near future and maybe the cavs will give you a better series. the cavs can learn a lot from the spurs. they play the right way(diving after loose balls with a 20 point lead for example)

I would hope they were not booing the Spurs, but rather, the Cavs loss. The Spurs are a better team...period...and deserve that trophy.

Let me offer a cheer that will hopefully overshadow any disrespect shown last night. Congrats Spurs!

SAGambler
06-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Cavs should have a bright future ahead.

Brown has them going in the right direction. They do play better D than I thought they would or even could.

A piece or two in the right place and the Cavs may own the East for a long time.

And their time will come to celebrate a Finals win.

Thanks for being some of the classiest fans we have seen on this forum during the entire run of the playoffs.

cherylsteele
06-15-2007, 08:05 AM
The Cavs didn't just roll over in that game 4. I actually thought the Spurs would blow them out after they went up by 10, but to the Cavs credit they fought back and made it a nail biter.

The Cavs need a piece or 2 to the puzzle and then will be there for a good while to come.

ObiwanGinobili
06-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I gained ALOT of respect for the Cav's and Lebron thru this series.
for a HS drafted player James is really maturing, even with the dumb "global icon: comments earlier, I was heartened to see him respect TEAM play and not make this about him. He showed real leadership at times and real humbleneess by listengin to Snow at the bench.
Major props :toast

Cavs are going to be one sweet team to follow the next few years. And you just gotta LOVe gibson. wow.

zrinkill
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM

HoopCzar has changed his name already ......

ObiwanGinobili
06-15-2007, 08:25 AM
meat thermometer has been banned - lets not keep quoting his asssinine posts.

zrinkill
06-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Your team showed its all class ..... you guys have a bright future ..... goodluck on a fantastic year.

ambchang
06-15-2007, 08:34 AM
The thing that impressed me most about the Cavs (not that anybody cares) is how well they fight. I fully expect the Cavs to give up this game, and was surprised that they kept on coming back to attack the Spurs in the 4th quarter. The defense was relentless, and as much as people like to dog on Mike Brown, he is a very good defensive coach, and the Cavs are by far the best defensive team the Spurs have seen in the playoffs.
Lebron was 10x better than advertised (got the whole Spurs team on him, and STILL managed to have drives after drives to the lane, that is truly amazing).
All the Cavs need is more offense (in the form of a point), and they can come out of the East every single year for the next 10 years.

batman2883
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Being a Texas fan too I have to root for Boobie quieutly .. BUT..... Cavs fans have been the most Cordial in the whole playoffs.. I mean I watch Ksat 12 and we acted good downtown from what I saw but I know better because I was down there for 2005!
I had the same problem too Boobie is gonna be a really really great player in that system over the next couple of seasons.

CosmicCowboy
06-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the props but you are worrying about the wrong teams next year...Bulls and Magic are gonna be your real competition in the East..

Ferry and Brown have their work cut out for them this summer retooling to address the Cavs weaknesses...They aren't that far out and LeBron and Gibson will continue to improve and mature. Hopefully your success this year will encourage your owner to loosen the purse strings a little and get your core some help.