For 2009:
1st: Parker
2nd: D. Williams
3rd: B. Davis
4th: C. Paul
5th: Nash, Kidd

Infamous
06-15-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm re-doing my entire list..I can't believe I forgot Gilbert Arenas..

As in NEXT season..

1.Gilbert Arenas

2.Steve Nash

3.Deron Williams

4.Tony Parker

5.Baron Davis

in 2009..

1.Gilbert Arenas

2.Deron Williams

3.Tony Parker

4.Baron Davis

5.Chris Paul

whottt
06-15-2007, 05:50 AM
From that list...

As a scorer I think he's maybe the best...as a passer...he's the worst on that list. As a defender...he might be the best.

romain.star
06-15-2007, 05:51 AM
From that list...

As a scorer I think he's maybe the best...as a passer...he's the worst on that list. As a defender...he might be the best.

and as a PG?

milkyway21
06-15-2007, 05:58 AM
where does TP rank among his peers?

my opinion for 2008:
1st: Nash
2nd: Parker, B. Davis
3rd: Kidd
4th: Deron Williams
5th: C. Paul
6th: A. Iverson

For 2009:
1st: Parker
2nd: D. Williams
3rd: B. Davis
4th: C. Paul
5th: Nash, Kidd

I am wondering why you didn't include 2004 Finals MVP Chauncey Billups? :D

Having won 2004 & 2007 Finals MVPs those two(TP & Chauncey), are now above those you mentioned.

whottt
06-15-2007, 06:01 AM
and as a PG?

If I rank him right now, I rank him as the best. But see...PG is a position most defined by passing...and he's the worst passer and ball handler on that list. At the same time...he's the hardest one to guard on that list.

In these finals..with LeBron, Duncan, Manu...these unguardable players, Tony Parker was the on no one had an aswer for.

The only two that will pass him are Williams and Paul..and they both legitimately could....they might already be better...I just have to see them play more.

AI, Nash and Kidd are too old...Kidd is hard to quantify...he's the only true franchise PG in the NBA, and has been the only one for quite some time...but he can't hit the side of a freaking barn and he excels at a style of ball that will never produce a title.

Nash, AI and Williams were unstoppable...No one's been stopping Parker either...and they'be been trying, bigtime. Did you see the numbers he was putting on AI, Nash and Williams?

Look...Parker doesn't shoot at that PCT because of Duncan...that's all his. The dude can finish..and every single coach that broadcasts Spurs games or comments about his play, busts a nut over his ability to do so...including Pop.

The media and color guys are totally clueless about him...but listen to the coaches...and then watch how they keep putting him on the AS team.

It's kinda like...remember when Buddy Ryan said that all Chris Carter does is catch touchdowns? It's like that. It may only be one dimension...but it's still one hell of a dimension.

ginobili fan
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Parker Is A Special Player, He's Unique. He's Not A Pure Pg, He's Not Pure Sg, He's Just Parker. A Special And Great Player, Simply One Of The Best In The Game.

romain.star
06-15-2007, 06:15 AM
If I rank him right now, I rank him as the best. But see...PG is a position most defined by passing...and he's the worst passer and ball handler on that list. At the same time...he's the hardest one to guard on that list.

In these finals..with LeBron, Duncan, Manu...these unguardable players, Tony Parker was the on no one had an aswer for.

The only two that will pass him are Williams and Paul..and they both legitimately could....they might already be better...I just have to see them play more.

AI, Nash and Kidd are too old...Kidd is hard to quantify...he's the only true franchise PG in the NBA, and has been the only one for quite some time...but he can't hit the side of a freaking barn and he excels at a style of ball that will never produce a title.

Nash, AI and Williams were unstoppable...No one's been stopping Parker either...and they'be been trying, bigtime. Did you see the numbers he was putting on AI, Nash and Williams?

Look...Parker doesn't shoot at that PCT because of Duncan...that's all his. The dude can finish..and every single coach that broadcasts Spurs games or comments about his play, busts a nut over his ability to do so...including Pop.

The media and color guys are totally clueless about him...but listen to the coaches...and then watch how they keep putting him on the AS team.

It's kinda like...remember when Buddy Ryan said that all Chris Carter does is catch touchdowns? It's like that. It may only be one dimension...but it's still one hell of a dimension.

Nice, however, i don't know Buddy Ryan and Chris Carter at all... but still, i like them :toast

Josepatches
06-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Parker wasn't as great along the regular season and he wasn't better than Deron Williams in the Western Conference Finals.We can't compare anything after this Finals when we played against the worst team of our four rings.They don't have any good center and their point guards are old or rookies.
Anyways it's more easy to Parker to score when you have TD in your team.I really would like to see how many points could score AI with TD.
Parker is great but play with TD makes you better than you are.

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 07:48 AM
I don't know who is the best and what the ranking is.
I think Parker is the perfect PG for the Spurs.

He seems better playing with Duncan? True. But Nash plays with Amare/Marion in a perfect system to showcase his PG skills... He didn't look that good with the Mavs. And playing with the Spurs he would probably make Pop nuts with his awfull defense have less APG not being surrounded by guy shooting as soon as they receive the ball. (Note: Nash is still the best PG of the two IMO. I am just saying that Nash is the ultimate PG for the Suns and would only be a very good PG for the Spurs).

AI : He now plays with a Strong inside presence and a allstar SF but is still shooting arround 45%. Given he plays 42 minutes a game, his other stats are very similar to Parker stats.

Deron Williams had a great WCF but wasn't that great in the 2 first round. He may already be a top 5 PG... but I would like to wait before to judge him.

CP3: As to prove he can do something in the playoff before he is considered a top PG.

Baron Davis: amazing playoff run but will never play 82 games in a season and looks statisticaly better playing with the fastest team in the league. He maybe exactly the PG GSW needs. Would he be successfull with the Spurs? I am not sure.

Billups: He would look good with the Spurs. better than Parker? I don't think so. Given his age... I keep Parker.

Arenas: I like him... he is really fun to watch and to listen... but is he a PG?

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Oups I forgot kidd...
I know why he is so special that I don't know how to evaluate him.

ObiwanGinobili
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I think we should discount Kidd, nash and possibly AI from this discussion and talk about just the young PG's - the up and comers if you will.

as we look at the next 8+ years of playing ... parker, Davis, williams , paul... who do you think will be *the* PG?

lebomb
06-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Parker is in the top 5 that is for DAMN sure.

romain.star
06-15-2007, 08:29 AM
like "ginobili fan" said... TP is not a pure PG nor a pure SG... he's just TP...
he'll probably never average 10 assists a game... so the Traditionalists will never give him the credit he deserves...
but if i had to pick one of those 4 PG for the next 5 years, i'll go with TP (2nd D. Williams, 3rd B. Davis, 4th C. Paul)

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
like "ginobili fan" said... TP is not a pure PG nor a pure SG... he's just TP...
he'll probably never average 10 assists a game... so the Traditionalists will never give him the credit he deserves...
but if i had to pick one of those 4 PG for the next 5 years, i'll go with TP (2nd D. Williams, 3rd B. Davis, 4th C. Paul)
No PG would average 10 APG with the Spurs... not a chance...

romain.star
06-15-2007, 08:37 AM
No PG would average 10 APG with the Spurs... not a chance

but if one of them could achieve that, it wouldn't be TP

MaNuMaNiAc
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Hell last night he was the best, and that's all that counts!

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
but if one of them could achieve that, it wouldn't be TP
Probably

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Hell last night he was the best, and that's all that counts!
Don't live in the past... I want the Spurs to repeat in 2008...
If Tony really has the 3 pt range... he will kill the opposition the next two seasons.

ambchang
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Parker wasn't as great along the regular season and he wasn't better than Deron Williams in the Western Conference Finals.We can't compare anything after this Finals when we played against the worst team of our four rings.They don't have any good center and their point guards are old or rookies.
Anyways it's more easy to Parker to score when you have TD in your team.I really would like to see how many points could score AI with TD.
Parker is great but play with TD makes you better than you are.
Do you have a serious crush on Eva Longoria or something? You seem incapable of being happy that Parker did well in the playoffs and the regular season.

ginobili fan
06-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Don't live in the past... I want the Spurs to repeat in 2008...
If Tony really has the 3 pt range... he will kill the opposition the next two seasons.

I think the Spurs must repeat the next couple years.
I mean Tim has at least 3 years of great level play, I really think Manu can even get better(his 3 pt range,consistency,...) and he has 3-4 years too, Tony is not still at his prime and has only 25.
Yeah we can believe The Spurs are making defenitely a Dynasty

colargol
06-15-2007, 09:59 AM
As a Spurs fan i enjoy the fourth....
As a French TP fan it's a dream....
If, as TP said during the post match interview, Pop let him now shoot some threes. Tony is going to be consider as a regular season MVP contender...

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Tim MVP of the season
Manu MVP of the Suns series
TP MVP of the finals
Bruce DPOY (and not only on the Spurs team...)

SpursIndonesia
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
He might not be the best yet, but surely not far from it. He doesn't have a game of traditional -read, pass first- PG, but the Spurs system doesn't really requires him to be. As long as he is contributing, and persevering to be the best, he has a great chance to be THE best someday -as his best days are still ahead of him.

SAGambler
06-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Two things I would like to see Tony work on over the summer.

His three point shot.
Making quick, crisp passes.

He has shown some signs of both this year, but if he gets comfortable with them by next year, it's gonna be Katy, bar the door, for what this youngster can accomplish by the time he hits 30.

I could actually see him winning some league MVPs down the road and maybe even surpassing what Nash has done at the position. I certainly think the potential is there. And Tony seems to have a good head on his shoulders, with a down to earth attitude, which is exactly what it takes for him to become one of the great ones.

J.T.
06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
It would be cool if the Spurs could sweep end of season awards but it still wouldn't be as cool as sweeping the Finals! Parker just engraved his name onto the Best PG debate. He owned the Cavs. Everyone was expecting Lebron to dominate and it was Tony instead.

Mavs<Spurs
06-15-2007, 11:01 AM
It would be cool if the Spurs could sweep end of season awards but it still wouldn't be as cool as sweeping the Finals! Parker just engraved his name onto the Best PG debate. He owned the Cavs. Everyone was expecting Lebron to dominate and it was Tony instead.

Truth is Tony outplayed LeBron.

I think that is a fair statement and it's not like Tony was not drawing attention.

LeBron did have more rebounds and assists, of course.

But Tony shot so much better and just shredded the Cavs defense in a way that LeBron was not able to, this time.