PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a Cavs fan

cavs0924
06-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Hello Spurs fans

I just wanted to congratulate you on your championship. You have an excellent team and it is what we are striving to be here in Cleveland.

To be honest with you, 99.9% of Cleveland didnt think we would beat you in the Finals. However, as you know we are starving for a championship. Seeing what the Cavs accomplished in the playoffs BEFORE the Finals was amazing to see. What frustrates many of us, is we are a better team then what was displayed in the Finals. It's just that the team we played was BETTER. We did not get to the Finals because we stink(as many of the media has said). If we stunk, we never would have beaten 3 teams to get there.

This was a large step for us in accomplishing our goal. Having said that I hope we meet again. Only this time I hope the outcome is different :p:

Congrats again. You deserve it.

spursfan09
06-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks, One day Cavs will rule. lebron is young and he is experiencing what it will take to win one someday.

spurscenter
06-15-2007, 07:07 AM
cavs will be there every year they have teh spurs type leadership of brown, egan, ferry

florige
06-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Don't you worry, once Lebron gets one more player and develops his jump shot you guys will finally put Cleveland out of their misery.

Mark Price
06-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Hello Spurs fans

I just wanted to congratulate you on your championship. You have an excellent team and it is what we are striving to be here in Cleveland.

To be honest with you, 99.9% of Cleveland didnt think we would beat you in the Finals. However, as you know we are starving for a championship. Seeing what the Cavs accomplished in the playoffs BEFORE the Finals was amazing to see. What frustrates many of us, is we are a better team then what was displayed in the Finals. It's just that the team we played was BETTER. We did not get to the Finals because we stink(as many of the media has said). If we stunk, we never would have beaten 3 teams to get there.

This was a large step for us in accomplishing our goal. Having said that I hope we meet again. Only this time I hope the outcome is different :p:

I would like to echo the sentiments of my fellow Cavs fan here.

Being a casual NBA fan, I didn't know much about your team. However, after learning more about them, I have to say the Spurs are a class act.

There's a lot wrong with the NBA, but you can see none of that when it comes to the Spurs.

Duncan, Parker, Coach Pop..all classy guys who let their actions on the court do the talking.

They are what's right with the basketball world and you are fortunate to have them.

Once again, congratulations. And as long as the Cavs aren't involved...I hope you get one for the thumb! Good luck.

lebomb
06-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Trust me.....I will pull for the Cavaliers once its their turn and the Spurs are rebuilding.

Of course Im a SPURS homer and they are my ONLY #1 team.....but I will still root for Cleveland....they are a class team.

Unlike the faggot Mavericks and Suns.

Texas_Ranger
06-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanx.

cavs0924
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
I think what happened with us is we peaked too soon if that makes any sense? Once that happens, you are expected to WIN in the Finals. Trust me when I tell you, beating Detroit was really our championship around here. I know that is probably a sad thing to say, but we all felt we finally got over the hump. What was overshadowed by beating Detroit, was the fact that the Spurs were far superior of a team than anyone in the East.

Its a learning curve. What I am optimistic about is the youth on this team. Lebron is 22. Sasha is 23. Boobie is 21. Anderson is 24. That is VERY young. These guys will only gain experience from this and only improve. You guys have a veteran team who has been there and done that. It was just not feasible that we could beat you guys because of our inexperience.

Anyways-----great job. I do have to ask---what are the fans feelings about Eva Longoria and Tony Parker? I give it 6 months. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I think what happened with us is we peaked too soon if that makes any sense? Once that happens, you are expected to WIN in the Finals. Trust me when I tell you, beating Detroit was really our championship around here. I know that is probably a sad thing to say, but we all felt we finally got over the hump. What was overshadowed by beating Detroit, was the fact that the Spurs were far superior of a team than anyone in the East.

Its a learning curve. What I am optimistic about is the youth on this team. Lebron is 22. Sasha is 23. Boobie is 21. Anderson is 24. That is VERY young. These guys will only gain experience from this and only improve. You guys have a veteran team who has been there and done that. It was just not feasible that we could beat you guys because of our inexperience.

Anyways-----great job. I do have to ask---what are the fans feelings about Eva Longoria and Tony Parker? I give it 6 months. :lol

i know what you mean about peaking too early - we've one that a few years.

And I agree with your W over DET being the championship - it was the same for Dallas over us last year and that wasn't even the WCF.

Cavs have a great team to build on, Danny Ferry and Mike Brown + LeBron and boobie :tu

as far as Eva and Tony... well they've been together for 2.5? 3 yrs?
I say it's a long haul marriage.. or as long haul as it gets in hollywood. I'd put my $$ on over 5 yrs . :married:

fyatuk
06-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks, One day Cavs will rule. lebron is young and he is experiencing what it will take to win one someday.

No kidding. A better post player (neither Gooden nor Z are especially good in the post at this point) and another ball handler/creator and the Cavs can be a scary team. If LeBron keeps improving and working on his game, particularly his jump shot, ouch...

LeBrizzle
06-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Hello Spurs fans

Couldn't have said it better myself..........

a Cavs fan in NJ.

LeBrizzle.
:spin