PDA

View Full Version : Where does this Finals rank?

41times
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
The average score of the 4 games played was 86.5 to 80.5.
That's pretty bad scoring wise. Does anyone know where that ranks in Finals History?

I have heard (not confirmed) that the Spurs now have 5 of the lowest 10 point totals for Finals Victories. 2 of the lowest 10 were in this series 75 & 83 points. Is that right????

Spurs are a great defensive team not doubt. But it sure was tough to watch 3 of these games.

Don't get me wrong. I would take a Title no matter what the scores. I was just wondering where this series ranked.

romain.star
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
The average score of the 4 games played was 86.5 to 80.5.
That's pretty bad scoring wise. Does anyone know where that ranks in Finals History?

I have heard (not confirmed) that the Spurs now have 5 of the lowest 10 point totals for Finals Victories. 2 of the lowest 10 were in this series 75 & 83 points. Is that right????

Spurs are a great defensive team not doubt. But it sure was tough to watch 3 of these games.

Don't get me wrong. I would take a Title no matter what the scores. I was just wondering where this series ranked.

You would... :smokin

MaNuMaNiAc
06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I think you're right, the Spurs do have some of the lowest scoring finals games in history. That's just the nature of the beast. Spurs excel at defense, and it wouldn't be a good defensive showing if the games ended in the 100s wouldn't you say? They say defense wins championships, and if the previous little fact doesn't prove that, then I don't know what does :lol

Spurs = Defense

+
Defense = Low scoring finals

+

Low scoring finals = Job well done

+

Job well done = 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS BABY!! YEAH!!!

Jimcs50
06-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I wish there could be a Finals betw Phoenix and San Antonio.

The ratings would be through the roof, the scores would be up in the high 90s, the network executives would be getting orgasms and Stern would actually smile.

I move for the Spurs to move back to the Eastern Conference.

Anyone 2nd the motion?

MadDog73
06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I move for the Spurs to move back to the Eastern Conference.

Anyone 2nd the motion?

:lol

Well, it sure would make getting to the Finals easier...

Spurs in East = 8 Final appearences at least.

Dave McNulla
06-15-2007, 08:59 AM
for me, it ranks at the third best finals ever (behind 1999 and 2005). for non-spurs fans, it probably ranks down there with supersonics vs. bullets. like i care! :)