PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Spurs

2Cleva
06-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Congrats Spurs fans

The Spurs victory cements their legacy of the most prolific team of the past 10 years. Even though my three-peat Lakers took care of them, the Spurs consistency has been remarkable. I give a lot of credit to Popovich to how that machine is ran - hell, they were going against a couple of former protege's in Ferry and Brown.

My hats off to the organization and the fans.

:toast

Here's to hoping LA can make the right moves (starting with getting JO) so they can compete with the Spurs and get the rivalry going again.

:ihit

romain.star
06-15-2007, 08:43 AM
:toast

Sportcamper
06-15-2007, 09:03 AM
The Spurs just pounded every team they played...Congratulations on another NBA title...

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I was just coming on to create a thread like this, but I should have figured that there was one already out there.

The Spurs are the definition of what the NBA SHOULD be. Too many teams, not enough talent spread around the league - and then the league is wondering what their "1 man and a supporting role" teams don't win.

Offense, defense, character, class.

Congrats to the 2007 champions. Enjoy it, fans. You have the best team in the league, yet again. :king

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 09:21 AM
The Spurs are the definition of what the NBA SHOULD be. Too many teams, not enough talent spread around the league - and then the league is wondering what their "1 man and a supporting role" teams don't win.

Thats why I fear the 2011 Trailblazers. They'll have the one man and a slew of other players that would be somebody else's "one man". God help us.

Sportcamper
06-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Bump...

MoSpur
06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks! Its always good to see fans from other teams congratulating fans from other teams. Does that make sense? LOL

ShoogarBear
06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks, Old School "trolls".

v.o.r.
06-15-2007, 10:15 AM
cavaliers fan here. i just really wanted to congratulate the spurs and all their fans. the cavs learned a lesson in what a real TEAM is all about, and i am glad that we are on our way. when everyone around the country was bashing my team, the spurs players showed us respect and knew they couldn't just coast thru the finals. i am only 24, my parents were born in 61 and 62 so even they were far too young to remember this cities last championship. in my years as a fan, i've experienced 'the drive' my football team being taken away, followed by nearly a decade of rebuilding and losing. i watched the indians lose 2 close game 7s in the world series. i've experienced horrible cavs teams and a 17 win season. last night was just very odd to me. i should have felt depressed and heartbroken, but i wasn't. things seem to be looking up for all of this cities sports teams. plus, we couldn't have lost to a better team. before this series i had heard how the spurs were a 'dirty team' and such. i didn't see any of that. i sat and watched the trophy presentation and realized there was a smile on my face. i felt genuinly happy for the spurs. they are a class organization and i can only hope that, in time, the cavaliers will resemble them. congratulations.

beirmeistr
06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Congrats to our Spurs. They had a difficult series of opponents, disposing of the Nuggets (with their 2 superstars), the Suns (with 2 superstars and an excellent player), and the gritty, physical Jazz, to make it to the Finals. It is not the Spurs fault that the Cavs made it to the Finals. The cavs overachieved and beat the heavily-favored Pistons. The Cavs will be back when their front office gets more scoring punch to help their superstar lebron (who showed a lot of class in the post-game interviews).
For all Spurs fans out there, these days are truly the days of wine and roses. It doesn't get any better than this.