PDA

View Full Version : Chip Engelland

Jimcs50
06-15-2007, 09:10 AM
How much would Lebron pay Chip Engelland this Summer for shooting lessons? If Chip had a year to work with Lebron, Lebron could be unstopable. Chip should give Lebron his card....I bet he can get a million dollars off of him.

ducks
06-15-2007, 09:11 AM
james is to good to get a shooting coach just ask him

Kori Ellis
06-15-2007, 09:12 AM
james is to good to get a shooting coach just ask him

:lol He actually keeps saying he's looking for a shooting coach. I don't know why the Cavs haven't gotten one.

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 09:12 AM
That guy deserves a serious raise. After watching TP knock down several 3's...I'm drunken with delight. I thought it was a 3 year process? 2 worked damn well. But can you imagine if he just gets better?

Phenomanul
06-15-2007, 09:22 AM
sssshhhhhhhh we can't be giving our resources away to other teams....

Bruno
06-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Parker should start shooting 3's next year.

ginobili fan
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
:lol

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Parker should start shooting 3's next year.

Hell, he was shooting them THIS year apparently.

Jimcs50
06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
That guy deserves a serious raise. After watching TP knock down several 3's...I'm drunken with delight. I thought it was a 3 year process? 2 worked damn well. But can you imagine if he just gets better?

Chip is to Tony what Butch Harmon was to Tiger. Chip better get a raise, because with what he did for TP's shooting in such a short span, he will be the hot shooting guru in the NBA. As I said, someone like Lebron who has unlimited funds, can hire Chip who can make millions in the next 2-3 years.

Tony also said that Pop agreed to let TP shoot 3s next year, and if he can get in the 38-39% range, he will be one of the top 3, if not the best PGs in the NBA in 2 years. If I were Tony, I would make sure Chip got a huge raise and was never let out of the Spurs' organization.

krypt
06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Chip has done a remarkable job with the entire team. now it seems we finally closed that wound that hurt us many times in the past in regards to our shooting of free throws.

beirmeistr
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Coach Pop needs to get Chip to help out on Duncan's erratic free throws.

jmard5
06-15-2007, 10:13 AM

Uhm well. Spur personnels are already being hired left and right into other teams. :lol

Now, I'm sure they will be taking a look at Chip or other shooting coaches out there. Parker's transformation into a reliable jump shooter has not gone unnoticed. =)

Manu Pacquiao
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
And he's Filipino by the way. Well, naturalized Filipino, that is. :clap
He was a sweet shooting perimeter player for the Philippines back in the early to mid 1980s. Older basketball fans here in the PI will never forget Chip. He helped us win the FIBA asia championships in 1986. Too bad the whole team got disbanded later that year because of Ferdinand Marcos' coup ouster.

He helped to develop the Philippines' greatest shooter, Allan "The Triggerman" Caidic, his very young teammate back then. Caidic went on to break all Philippine scoring and 3 point shooting records.

most points in a game: 79
most 3 point FG made in a game: 17
most consecutive 3s made: 8
most consecutive FT made: 76

etc..

I hope the Spurs organization dont let Chip go and I hope they treat him real nice, coz he's the best shooting coach in the world.

raspsa
06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Chip was also a member of the Philippines Team that won the Jones Cup along with fellow naturalized players Dennis Still and Jeff Moore. In the finals, they beat the heavy favorite US team in OT if IRC. Chip was a deadly shooter from long range.

picnroll
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I was thinking about Engelland and LeBron earlier in the series. Could LeBron afford to lay off some shots while he was rebuilding his shot the way Parker did though?

ducks put the LeBron hate to rest. Channel it to a real bitch like Amare.

smeagol
06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
That Chip dude is a genius. What he accomplished with TP is amazing. Another reason why the SPurs' FO is the best in the NBA.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Chip is probably the happiest man on earth now.

boutons_
06-15-2007, 12:05 PM
"Chip has done a remarkable job with the entire team"

Apparently, he's totally useless as a FT coach. :lol

Manu Pacquiao
06-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Actually, I think Tony was the only player in the team that got all his shooting mechanics changed. If a player's FT% is averaging around the low 70s or higher, you dont need to overhaul his technique, it will just need minor corrections, and a lot of practice in order to improve.

But I think Parker's FT% was in the 50s, so they needed to start from scratch. I can understand Parker's struggle with his new shooting stroke. Its really hard at first, especially trying to develop a smooth and natural flow to your release, and still worrying about your proper fingers-wrist-elbow-hip-knee and foot alignment everytime you shoot. Really tough, guys.

Im happy he's got the technique almost on automatic already, and from now on, his shooting percentages will only get better with time.

GO SPURS GO!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM

Yep, we went from dead last before he got here to 16th in the league this year (middle of the pack). boutons, do you even pay attention or just talk out of your rear on everything you post about?

intlspurshk
06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Can he work on Manu's shoots this summer?

Manu Pacquiao
06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Can he work on Manu's shoots this summer?

Whats wrong with his stroke? Its reliable enough, especially at crunch time.

intlspurshk
06-15-2007, 01:19 PM
One word: Consistency, if SPURS need to repeat next yr. Not 3pts in 1 game, 27 pts in another.

T Park
06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
eh he could work with manu on his mid range shot.

I wish parker wasn't playing with the damn national team, he could work with Chip all summer and just keep honing that shot.

It would be nice also, if James White hung out all summer with Tony and Chip as well.

White has a chance to be a semi contributing player next year.

smeagol
06-15-2007, 01:29 PM
If he can do to Manu mid-range what he did to Tony's . . . beware rest of the league!

Solid D
06-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I think Chip Engelland must have had a wellspring of emotions after last night's FT shooting exhibition (Spurs' 14 missed FTs).

ducks
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
spurs wanted to make sure he was not going anywhere yet

Manu Pacquiao
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
One word: Consistency, if SPURS need to repeat next yr. Not 3pts in 1 game, 27 pts in another.

Actually, changing an already good shooter's mechanics will only be bad news. It will really f**k up his jumpshot, bigtime. Manu's form is almost close to textbook anyway, only his left elbow points just a bit to the outside. Look at Reggie Miller and Peja Stojakovic, they got an awkward form, but you dont wanna change it, they got their technique locked in their musle memory already.

And I think Manu's career scoring average is in the 14-17 point range, and i bet it will never go much higher than that. He's a rythym type of player, so there will be bad days once in a while. He'll just need to improve on his shot selection and his base (foot position and balance) to have a more consistent FG% with his jumpers next year.

mikekim
06-15-2007, 02:35 PM

especially the cavs, of all places, we can't just migrate the spurs over to cleveland. we need to spread it out and use the spurs organization to elevate the state of the NBA!

I would rather hoard all the good people in SA though...

Fo'ring
06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Whatever Chip is making Holt needs to double it. Can't afford to have someone else steal him from us.

boutons_
06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Agggie, we know you still haven't found your micro-dick with both hands, but did you watch the Spurs' FT shooting in the Finals Games3 and 4, when FTs are meaningful, vs in the "season that doesn't matter"?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Agggie, we know you still haven't found your micro-dick with both hands, but did you watch the Spurs' FT shooting in the Finals Games3 and 4, when FTs are meaningful, vs in the "season that doesn't matter"?

:lmao You are the expert on *small* sample sizes.

You said the Spurs didn't improve. Going from dead last to middle of the pack is a pretty significant improvement in two seasons. Two more and we'll be near the top.

So our FT shooting in games 3 and 4 looked like our FG shooting in games 3 and 4, what's the big fucking deal?

Micro-dick? Did you pull that off nsyncfans.com or something? Grow the fuck up.

boutons_
06-15-2007, 09:14 PM
"You said the Spurs didn't improve"

Liar.

"what's the big fucking deal?"

Winning 2 Finals games by a total of 4 pts while missing 21 FTs and shooting FTs under 60% isn't much of an endorsement of Engelland, but continue in your fantasy and lies, dickless twerp.